• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I just checked the account details of the OP of the thread which was locked a while ago.

He was on a trolling streak and even insulted a mod. :rolleyes:

I guess I've seen a glimpse of the ****storm that will come after E3. (>_<)
Yeah, I saw that. I was wondering who that aguy was. Then when I saw those pats I went "****".

Yeah it's gonna be a **** storm alright.

D

Deleted member

He actually says that in the beginning of each match. (While the announcer is doing the "3... 2... 1..." countdown.)

Brace yourself. What you've seen was the tip of the iceberg.

Really?

How come I've never noticed this? HE'S MY MAIN!!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh well, let's just forget about him or else we would just be feeding on his ego.

Anyway's, what do you guy's expect to see from smash 4 this E3 in regards to the two versions? Would they show us what both version actually will have, besides the personal experience thing fo the 3DS and multiplayer for the Wii U version?

bobadz

Smash Ace
Understatement of the year(or month, perhaps). It's gonna be a Cat 6 sh*t hurricane.
The only good thing will be actual info released from both the trailer and Sakurai.

I expect a name, some new characters and someone interviewing Sakurai.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyway's, what do you guy's expect to see from smash 4 this E3 in regards to the two versions? Would they show us how the crossplay actually works?
I expect a trailer. I hope that there's a demo available.

Did Brawl have a demo ready when it was first revealed? Also, refresh my memory: how long was it from when Brawl started development to its reveal trailer?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think gameplay details will probably not be shown. I expect it to be focused more on the "new direction" that Sakurai was talking about.

D

Deleted member

Manly, that was...

He also utters that line in his SSE introduction.
In my defense I hadn't played Smash in 3 years until a couple weeks ago, then I just played P:M. Also, I played Brawl before I got into Metal Gear.

Still, it was indeed most shameful. Brb, I'm gonna go commit sudoku.
Oh well, let's just forget about him or else we would just be feeding on his ego.
pssssssst.... Hey, who we talkin' bout?

bobadz

Smash Ace
I expect a trailer. I hope that there's a demo available.

Did Brawl have a demo ready when it was first revealed? Also, refresh my memory: how long was it from when Brawl started development to its reveal trailer?
No, first playable demo was after sonic was revealed.

Melee might have had one.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Thinking_Stuff_Cuz. He started a thread that basically said "Brawl sux lol" with a whole bunch of empty space, and nothing else.
It's been five years, and some people still act like its the worst game ever, and Sakurai punched them in face and kicked their pet.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's been five years, and some people still act like its thee worst game ever.
Seriously. It's okay if you don't like Brawl, but it's like people have never played a game that was actually bad before. Brawl functions the way it was intended to 99.9% of the time. Edit: you could really say this about a lot of backlash to games these days...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'll be so happy if they release a BETA a few months before SSB4 to test the its online infrastructure.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
5000th post! And it only took me 5 years and 3 months to do so.

I'll be so happy if they release a BETA a few months before SSB4 to test the its online infrastructure.
That's one of my biggest hopes. Nintendo seems to be doing this a lot more recently, so I'm hopeful we'll have something.

Speaking of, what would you all(realistically) like to see in a demo?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That joker gif would be better if they edited out the person walking in the background

It shouldn't be that hard to do

It's just annoying to look at otherwise

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That joker gif would be better if they edited out the person walking in the background

It shouldn't be that hard to do

It's just annoying to look at otherwise
I know. Sorry....:urg:

Edit: I've replaced it with something that's hopefully less annoying to look at. Happy?

bobadz

Smash Ace
Seriously. It's okay if you don't like Brawl, but it's like people have never played a game that was actually bad before. Brawl functions the way it was intended to 99.9% of the time. Edit: you could really say this about a lot of backlash to games these days...
Indeed.
They did that with Playstation Allstars. It could work if they do it right.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So to answer my own question, in a demo I'd like to see, at the very least, Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu playable, plus as much of the original 12 as they can give. Magaman and whatever Namco character should be playable if they are in the game, as well as whatever retro character they choose. The new versions of FD and Battlefield should be selectable stages. And maybe a few 1P modes(not sure which ones).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As far as a realistic demo goes, I would like to see a roster of: Mario, Luigi (It's the Year of Luigi so this is a must) Pikachu, Link, Kiby, Samus, Fox, DK, Wario, Pit and at least 1 newcomer. And a Time and Stock game mode.

D

Deleted member

So, my GCN controller finally came in the mail today, so I'm trying to get back into the rhythm. Now I dunno if I'm just out of practice, or if the AI was upgraded for P:M but seriously, Lv. 9 CPUs be kicking my ass... Well, they're close matches, but better than what I expected from Smash's AI.

Even with my Melee main, Marth I ended up losing a match to P:M DK. Which was more of a good thing. P:M did to DK what Sakurai needs to do to ALL heavyweights. Make them hard to kill and threatning to carelessly approach. That ****** took hits like they were nothing, and hit like a ************. Like, it sounded SO GOOD! You could just FEEL the impact, aslo, DK's Side B in P:M is Noice.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So, my GCN controller finally came in the mail today, so I'm trying to get back into the rhythm. Now I dunno if I'm just out of practice, or if the AI was upgraded for P:M but seriously, Lv. 9 CPUs be kicking my ***... Well, they're close matches, but better than what I expected from Smash's AI.
Yeah, P:M did upgrade the A.I. CPUs can actually wavedash and L-cancel now, and I think their tactics have been improved.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm going to be honest here: During the post-reveal trailer of Brawl, I actually spent more time on the Dojo and other places/forums more than here. So what should I expect here after E3?:

- Threads with COMPLETELY misleading titles?
- Photoshopped images?
- "Leaked" stuff all the time?
- Your average trolls?
- Stuff with absolutely no reliable sources?
- Smashboards severs flooding?
- More than one or all of the above?

I need to make sure my braced body is ready when E3 hits.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Already happened today, so I shudder at what will happen post-E3.

Hopefully, the SSB4 backroom will be back by then...
Yeah, I saw that today. I knew it was fake before I opened that topic since hours before I did a random Smash Google search set to "in the past week" and nothing good came up. And looking at the guy's history he was obviously a turd.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm going to be honest here: During the post-reveal trailer of Brawl, I actually spent more time on the Dojo and other places/forums more than here. So what should I expect here after E3?:

- Photoshopped images?
- Your average trolls?
Stuff in bold is stuff I've personally already encountered.

Yeah, I saw that today. I knew it was fake before I opened that topic since hours before I did random Smash Google search set to "in the past week" and nothing good came up. And looking at the guy's history he was obviously a turd.
Wait, what? must have missed that one... Nevermind, figured out which one it was.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I saw that today. I knew it was fake before I opened that topic since hours before I did a random Smash Google search set to "in the past week" and nothing good came up. And looking at the guy's history he was obviously a turd.
I thought it was pretty obvious that it was likely some troll fooling around seeing as how the thread title was written so over dramatically in caps lock etc. Not to mention you can preview the thread before actually clicking it.

Oh well, consider this a warm-up for things to come... >_>

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I only got back a few hours ago. With the SSB4 roster discussion thread locked, I was curious. Would discussion actually move to here. So, in about 3 days (Wed-Fri) we had about 10 pages of discussion. The SSB4 roster thread had 15 pages of discussion in a single day. Basically, discussion is never going to move to this thread. Anyway......

- Photoshopped images?
- Your average trolls?

I need to make sure my braced body is ready when E3 hits.
From what I remember........

• LOTS of topics. A lot of people will join and leave when the game comes out.
  • Competitive Smash discussion will take a back seat.
  • Lots of characters will come up. Most of them will not be realistic. The threads you see in the character thread are what we're looking at
  • Fighting happened towards the end.
  • Leaks. There were a few real ones and fake ones. The fake ones were the ones people liked the most. People never believed the real ones. If you don't want to be spoiled, leave here when the game is released in Japan

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, the game was leaked earlier than that if I recall. Some people like nyasenya mysteriously had insider info, including how Peach was going to have a thong at one point (no proof on this though).

bobadz

Smash Ace
I only got back a few hours ago. With the SSB4 roster discussion thread locked, I was curious. Would discussion actually move to here. So, in about 3 days (Wed-Fri) we had about 10 pages of discussion. The SSB4 roster thread had 15 pages of discussion in a single day. Basically, discussion is never going to move to this thread. Anyway......

From what I remember........

• LOTS of topics. A lot of people will join and leave when the game comes out.
  • Competitive Smash discussion will take a back seat.
  • Lots of characters will come up. Most of them will not be realistic. The threads you see in the character thread are what we're looking at
  • Fighting happened towards the end.
  • Leaks. There were a few real ones and fake ones. The fake ones were the ones people liked the most. People never believed the real ones. If you don't want to be spoiled, leave here when the game is released in Japan
I remember the leaks. That goes all the way back to melee, though.

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...brawl-roster-does-get-leaked-on-topic.134204/

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't care about spoilers when it comes to fighting games. If the entire game's information was leaked I wouldn't hesitate to absorb it all. Thanks for preparing me guys.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So, my GCN controller finally came in the mail today, so I'm trying to get back into the rhythm. Now I dunno if I'm just out of practice, or if the AI was upgraded for P:M but seriously, Lv. 9 CPUs be kicking my ***... Well, they're close matches, but better than what I expected from Smash's AI.
The AI in general got an overhaul in Project: M to be more advanced, even being able to use advance techniques like wavedashing. Of course the AI does have it's dumb moments at times, like the inconsistency of whether they'll actually use said techniques or not.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I just had a solid run with P:M with a number of characters and a decent control scheme. Great mod, love it. Can't go back to vanilla Brawl after this, especially with the cutoms skins and music.

>Dat Megaman Music in the Metal Mario stage (kudos to Star for that btw)
>Madoka Music in the Castlevania stage (so fitting)
>Touhou and Blazblue music in Final Destination
>Melee Ganon is back no more Grandpadorf, Assault Fox, OoT 3DS Link, Doc Mario, Metal Mario, Metal Sanic, Big Boss, Awakening Marth, the list goes on...

As for the characters, I really like what they did for Zamus, she plays real well. Sonic is great too, actually fluid and usable, Zelda is like sex in your hands, Goddamn she's good. Finally some decent Zoning in Smash. Lucario is Glorious. Every character is well balanced, and no character feels odd or awkward... Except for Ike, Jesus man, looks like you just can't be good can you...

Anyway, just one thing stuck out to me, but:

SMASH 4 HAS TO HAVE STRINGS AND TRADITIONAL GATLING COMBOS!!!

NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Honestly, it's really annoying. Like, with characters like Marth and Ike it's REALLY obvious because of their range. Take Marth for example, I land a decent poke with his FTilt, and I instinctively tilt down to try and do a DTilt, but every damn press off the A button keeps me at the same distance, repeating the same move over and over like some ******, and it's a habit that's hard to break, why? Because it's damn instinctive. It's why combos in fighters work so well. Now, I'm not saying we gotta get all MvC3 all of the sudden with 100 Hit combos, but just the ability to fluidly move from one move into another wouldn be much appreciated. And this is not my fighter background speaking, this was a habit that was hard for me to break when first learning Marth many years ago. Nintendo wouldn't just be appealing to the competitive crowd either, I'm sure some casual players have probably felt a degree of frustration when not being able to fluidly move between hits... It depends on who you play, but some characters REALLY show it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Already happened today, so I shudder at what will happen post-E3.

Hopefully, the SSB4 backroom will be back by then...
Yeah, I'm really hoping that come E3 we'll have a place to retreat from the impending amounts of pure idiot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That kind of reminds me how I was playing SF4 a week ago and I forgot that you don't have chains in that game. Game feels so slow and everything.

I'd recommend this and this for the Caslevania stage. The majority of the music in Skullgirls was done by Castlevania regular, Michiru Yamane.

D

Deleted member

That kind of reminds me how I was playing SF4 a week ago and I forgot that you don't have chains in that game. Game feels so slow and everything.

I'd recommend this and this for the Caslevania stage. The majority of the music in Skullgirls was done by Castlevania regular, Michiru Yamane.
I don't remember much of SSF4, I just remember being bad at it... SF inputs are a goddamn nightmere, that's why I stuck with Cammy who was very simple. Still, SFAlpha3, will forever be my fave SF game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Inputs are definitely a nightmare now that I've put my time in other fighting games. Combos in that game are not very friendly in regards to timing and your damage is ass. I'm really starting to think strings and chains are going to become progressively more common. Heck, even casuals will love it since they'll be all, "I CAN DO COMBOS!" even if they're basic.

But yeah, SF4's links were one reason why I sticked with Fuerte my entire time playing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom