• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4 Music Thread

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
-Add half the soundtracks of Skyward Sword, Pokemon Black and White, and the two Super Mario Galaxy games
-If both song and stage return again, they ought to move the Mach Rider theme back to Big Blue. I thought it fit really well there.
-Put the FULL version of Open Your Heart in instead of looping it after the first verse.

Them's my two cents.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Perhaps putting both balloon fighter tracks from both games side by side would be nice. I only heard melee's version after brawl's, but tbh they both were really awesome sounding to me.

Speaking of tracks they should have added in from melee...

Super Smash Brothers Melee - Fourside

After about a minute and a half it gets a bit too spacey for me, but I like the original tune. ^^

EDIT: Mannnn, i'm looking over all of these tunes you guys are posting and i'm getting huge nostalgia waves. There's still heaps we haven't posted though, so keep on going!

Now, I finished skimming through them, and a particular few tracks haven't been mentioned that should have been. Like this one:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Koopa road

The 64 version is neat too:

Super Mario 64 - Koopa Road

After these two, I noticed some others that desperately need to see some love:

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Enchanted Wood

Donkey Kong Country - Ice cave chant

Donkey Kong Country - Northern hemispheres - Snow mountain

Donkey Kong Country - Fear Factory

Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience

Donkey Kong Country - Treetop Rock

Donkey Kong Country - Mine Cart Madness!

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Haunted Hall

Earthbound - Battle against a weird opponent

Earthbound - Battle against a mobile opponent

Earthbound - Eight Melodies (I think to be tacked on to the end of another song like what happens in Brawl's 'Mother' theme... I'm still trying to figure out the theme tacked on to the end of that! It's so beautiful!)

Earthbound - Pokey Means business!

Earthbound - Smiles and tears

Earthbound - Onett

Earthbound - Battle against an unsettling opponent (just me or is this really catchy? o.O )

Earthbound - Battle against a weak opponent (reminds me of dancing on a tropical island a little)

Earthbound - Otherworldy Foe

Earthbound - New Age Retro Hippies! (and Franky) (cool theme, maaaaan)

Earthbound - Kraken of the sea (You might be reminded of Donkey Kong)

Earthbound - Sanctuary Guardian

I'll post more later. My brother is sitting next to me and asked me to turn down my music so he could play Quantum Conundrum. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The fact the Onett theme wasn't on Onett is a disgrace. That song is SOOOOO GOOOODDD!!!!

You know what other song was obviously missing on a stage=???
Super Metroid - Lower Norfair (click here for the Metroid Prime "Magmoor Caverns" version; click here for a fan orchestra version)

That song not just has the word "Norfair" in it, but it fits perfectly on on that stage! Add onto the fact Brawl's newly recorded Metroid songs were the least impressive of the major Nintendo franchises. Really, for a franchise with such legendary games, environments, and music, the treatment it got in Brawl was just sad. Gunpei Yokoi's Magnum opus series deserves better. Now, I will honor the legendary Gunpei Yokoi (who without him, smash bros. would not exist), the most consistently classic series ever (Metroid), and the greatest single-player video game ever (Super Metroid).

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Brinstar Depths[COLLAPSE="While I'm on a rant, here's more Metroid music, from Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Prime 1-3..."][COLLAPSE="Metroid:"]Metroid - Brinstar (because the original 8-bit version needs to be in smash bros) (click here for the "Zero Mission" version)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Super Metroid:"]Super Metroid - Prologue
Super Metroid - Wrecked Ship
Super Metroid - Lower Brinstar
Super Metroid - Lower Maridia
Super Metroid - Upper Norfair
Super Metroid - Maridia (Sandy Desert)
Super Metroid - Crateria Underground
Super Metroid - Kraid's Theme
Super Metroid - Lower Norfair (click here for the Metroid Prime "Magmoor Caverns" version; click here
Super Metroid - Mother Brain
Super Metroid - Self-Destruct (if this song is ever in smash bros., it should be the original, PERIOD!)
Super Metroid - Ending ~Theme of Samus Aran~[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Metroid Fusion:"]Metroid Fusion - On the Way to X theme
Metroid Fusion - Sector 1
Metroid Fusion - Sector 4
Metroid Fusion - SA-X Encounter Theme
Metroid Fusion - Serris Boss Battle Music
Metroid Fusion - X-Fused Ridley
Metroid Fusion - Nightmare Boss Battle Theme[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Metroid Prime:"]Metroid Prime - Title Screen Intro Theme
Metroid Prime - Title Theme
Metroid Prime - Prologue Intro Theme
Metroid Prime - Samus Aran's Entrance Fanfare (this song would be a great Adventure Mode entrance theme for Samus!)
Metroid Prime - Samus Aran's Entrance Fanfare (Alternate version) (again, this would be an excellent adventure mode or match starting theme!)
Metroid Prime - Frigate Orpheon: Orpheon Theme
Metroid Prime - Parasite Queen Battle
Metroid Prime - Escape from Frigate Orpheon
Metroid Prime - Wrecked Ship Frigate Orpheon ~Underwater Theme~
Metroid Prime - Tallon Overworld Main Theme (this song is true art, and would be an excellent new song in any smash bros. title!)
Metroid Prime - Tallon Overworld Depths
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Entrance Theme
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Main Theme
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Depths ~Ancient Chozo Ruins~ (this song sounds a tad bit like "the Song of Time" on the Legend of Zelda)
Metroid Prime - Chozo Artifact Temple
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts Chozo Temple
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Temple
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ghost Battle
Metroid Prime - Hive Mecha Boss Battle
Metroid Prime - Flaahgra Battle
Metroid Prime - Magmoor Caverns (Ambient Theme) (reminds me of the Upper Norfair theme in Super Metroid)
Metroid Prime - Magmoor Caverns Main Theme (A new version of the Lower Norfair theme in Super Metroid)
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts (Ambient Theme)
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts Main Theme
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts Depths (a remix of the main Phendrana Drifts theme)
Metroid Prime - Space Pirates Approaching
Metroid Prime - Space Pirates Battle (if this doesn't get you jacked up and/or scared, nothing will! This song + Smash Bros. = GLORIOUS!)
Metroid Prime - Thardus Battle
Metroid Prime - Phazon Mine Main Theme
Metroid Prime - Omega Pirate Boss Battle
Metroid Prime - Meta-Ridley Boss Battle (it already appeared in Brawl, but I felt it was worth posting since IT NEEDS TO BE IN SMASH 4!!!)
Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime Boss Battle
Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime Boss Battle ~Final Boss Battle Stage~
Metroid Prime - Staff Credits (a version that was either identical to this or very similar was in Brawl)
Metroid Prime - Leaving Tallon IV (this short tidbit song sounds like it would be a great alternate victory theme for Samus)
Metroid Prime - Record of Samus (Results Screen theme) (another excellent remix of the Brinstar theme)
Metroid Prime - Item Acquisition Fanfare (a variation of this is Samus' victory music)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Metroid Prime 2: Echoes:"]Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Title Theme (how this wasn't in Brawl yet the repetitive Multiplayer Theme was is beyond me)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Menu Theme
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Landing Site
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Federation Troop Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Temple Grounds (Luminoth)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Ing Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Great Temple
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Agon Wastes
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Space Pirates Battle (a remix of the same song from Metroid Prime)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Space Pirate Compound (Space Pirate Fear)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Minor Boss
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Agon Wastes
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Samus Boss Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Amorbis Boss Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Torvus Bog ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Torvus Bog ~Main Theme~ (it would be cool if a lot of these Metroid Prime light/dark songs were combined for Smash Bros.)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Torvus Bog Hydrodynamo Station (a remix of the "Super Metroid" Brinstar theme)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Torvus Bog Hydrodynamo Station
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Chykka Larva Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Chykka Adult Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Sanctuary Fortress ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Sanctuary Fortress (Ing Hive)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Sanctuary Fortress Depths
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Quadraxis Battle
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Sky Temple Grounds
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Emperor Ing Battle (Phase 1)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Emperor Ing Battle (Phase 2) (maybe the two phases could be combined into one song)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Samus Final Battle (Escape)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Leaving Aether (Samus/Aether theme medley)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Staff Credits (similar to the menu theme)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Record of Samus (Results Screen) (note that this is similar if not exactly the same as the same named song in Metroid Prime 1)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Multiplayer Theme 1 (Hunters - Brinstar Jungle Floor) (way better than the Multiplayer tune in Brawl)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Multiplayer Theme 2 (Deathball)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Multiplayer Theme 3 (Dark Echoes)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:"]
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Title Theme (if this isn't in the next Smash Bros, somebody needs to BE HUNG!!! THIS SONG IS PERFECT AT EVERYTHING!!!)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Gunship Theme
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - GFS Olympus
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Space Pirates Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Crawltank Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Berserker Lord Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Norion
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Crisis (Countdown to Destruction)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Samus' Mission (Awakening) (a remix of The Theme of Samus Aran from "Super Metroid")
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Bryyo ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Reptilicus and Korakk Boss Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Bryyo: Fiery Airdock
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - The Corruption (of Samus Aran)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Rundas Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Bryyo Thorn Jungle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Skytown ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Defense Drone Boss Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Ghor Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - GFS Valhalla ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - GFS Valhalla Depths
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Skytown: Metroid Xenoresearch Area
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Helios Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Pirate Homeworld ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Gandrayda Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Omega Ridley Boss Battle (although it is likely a few of you have probably posted this before)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Phaaze ~Main Theme~
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Dark Samus Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Aurora Unit 313 Boss Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Aurora Unit 313 Final Boss Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Staff Credits (a medley of sorts, with parts of various songs in the series)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Record of Samus (Results Screen)[/COLLAPSE]*Maybe I'll add Metroid II, Zero Mission, Prime Hunters, and Other M music later on a new post*[/COLLAPSE]

vicgur

Smash Ace
The fact the Onett theme wasn't on Onett is a disgrace. That song is SOOOOO GOOOODDD!!!!

Super Metroid - Lower Norfair (click here for the Metroid Prime "Magmoor Caverns" version; click here for a fan orchestra version)

That song not just has the word "Norfair" in it, but it fits perfectly on on that stage! Add onto the fact Brawl's newly recorded Metroid songs were the least impressive of the major Nintendo franchises. Really, for a franchise with such legendary games, environments, and music, the treatment it got in Brawl was just sad. Gunpei Yokoi's Magnum opus series deserves better. Now, I will honor the legendary Gunpei Yokoi (who without him, smash bros. would not exist), the most consistently classic series ever (Metroid), and the greatest single-player video game ever (Super Metroid).

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Brinstar Depths[COLLAPSE="While I'm on a rant, here's more Metroid music."][COLLAPSE="Metroid:"]Metroid - Brinstar (because the original 8-bit version needs to be in smash bros) (click here for the "Zero Mission" version)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Super Metroid:"]Super Metroid - Prologue
Super Metroid - Wrecked Ship
Super Metroid - Lower Brinstar
Super Metroid - Lower Maridia
Super Metroid - Upper Norfair
Super Metroid - Maridia (Sandy Desert)
Super Metroid - Crateria Underground
Super Metroid - Kraid's Theme
Super Metroid - Lower Norfair (click here for the Metroid Prime "Magmoor Caverns" version; click here
Super Metroid - Mother Brain
Super Metroid - Self-Destruct (if this song is ever in smash bros., it should be the original, PERIOD!)
Super Metroid - Ending ~Theme of Samus Aran~[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Metroid Fusion:"]Metroid Fusion - On the Way to X theme
Metroid Fusion - Sector 1
Metroid Fusion - Sector 4
Metroid Fusion - SA-X Encounter Theme
Metroid Fusion - Serris Boss Battle Music
Metroid Fusion - X-Fused Ridley
Metroid Fusion - Nightmare Boss Battle Theme[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Metroid Prime:"]Metroid Prime - Title Screen Intro Theme
Metroid Prime - Title Theme
Metroid Prime - Prologue Intro Theme
Metroid Prime - Frigate Orpheon: Orpheon Theme
Metroid Prime - Parasite Queen Battle
Metroid Prime - Escape from Frigate Orpheon
Metroid Prime - Tallon Overworld Main Theme (this song is true art, and would be an excellent new song in any smash bros. title!)
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Entrance Theme
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Main Theme
Metroid Prime - Chozo Ruins Depths ~Ancient Chozo Ruins~ (this song sounds a tad bit like "the Song of Time" on the Legend of Zelda)
Metroid Prime - Hive Mecha Boss Battle
Metroid Prime - Wrecked Ship Frigate Orpheon ~Underwater Theme~
Metroid Prime - Flaahgra Battle
Metroid Prime - Magmoor Caverns Main Theme
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts Main Theme
Metroid Prime - Chozo Artifact Temple
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts Chozo Temple
*to be continued*
[/COLLAPSE]

*I'll add Metroid Prime 2 & 3, and maybe Metroid II, Zero Mission, Prime Hunters, and Other M music later*[/COLLAPSE]
John, you're a wonderful human being and I love you for posting this. :embarrass:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Earthbound - Eight Melodies (I think to be tacked on to the end of another song like what happens in Brawl's 'Mother' theme... I'm still trying to figure out the theme tacked on to the end of that! It's so beautiful!)
The song at the end of MOTHER is the original Eight Melodies from MOTHER 1. It's quite beautiful in 8 bit, but absolutely powerful in this amazing church choir arrangement that was part of the official MOTHER soundtrack. I have the CD myself.

Here's what I want.

MOTHER - Eight Melodies (St. Peter's Choir)
MOTHER - Pollyanna (I Believe in You)
MOTHER - Bein' Friends
MOTHER - Wisdom of the World (Maria's Castle)

Metroid Other M - What's Past is Prologue (A remix like this. A shame this wasn't in the game.)

And that's really just a handful. I really want to be able to add a lot of fighting game music into Smash via a custom option. This would fit so well on a Kirby stage.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I can't get the link to the song on this computer, but the new remix of VS Lance/red from B2W2 has become my newest favorite song of B2W2, and should be included in SSB4. If someone could post the link to the song, that'd be really swell.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's a few id quite like to hear (there's probably all ready links to these songs but what the hey)

song of healing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G_aaak-tDE
ballad of the goddess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23hJeaLotEw
koloktos / moldarach battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzL4IA16k78&feature=relmfu
heart gold/soul silver trainer battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llsWN988fu8
heart gold/soul silver rival battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSBZxU3LOk4
heart gold/soul silver champion battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDqkPQfSAw&feature=relmfu
black and white rival battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHfhJmTVcTs
black and white gym leader battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkuQaYi375c&feature=related
good egg galaxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkuQaYi375c&feature=related
buoy base galaxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAFpdAgh6A&feature=relmfu
bower's inside story final boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckxy-i7Dc5U
partners in time final boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DWzLMC9KiM&feature=related
just kidding (another code): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltICDrGxedI
another code theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4giQvm7FIc&feature=plcp

that'll do for now i may add more later

vicgur

Smash Ace
I can't get the link to the song on this computer, but the new remix of VS Lance/red from B2W2 has become my newest favorite song of B2W2, and should be included in SSB4. If someone could post the link to the song, that'd be really swell.
You mean this one?
It's my favorite song in Pokémon. It's awesome.
Smash Bros. needs more "Champion" themes and less Route 209.

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice

As a Metroid fan, I was also rather surprised by Brawl's terrible Metroid themes. Even the better ones had an obnoxiously distracting narration over the first section.

As for Metroid 2 themes...
The Tunnel
Metroid Queen Battle Theme
The Credits

Metroid 2 doesn't have very much music (More just ambient sounds), so I just chose the ones that I noticed while playing. I particularly like "The Tunnel".

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty content with the music in brawl, but I would like to see in Smash Bros. 4, Stages not being just limited to one song a piece, usually if im a match & it goes on to long the song fades out or replays itself, so maybe each stage will have more than one song playing because also i can get a little redundant & irks my nerves whenever i hear it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What I want to see is music from various series show up in all sorts of stages. I'd like to hear a Mario Galaxy song on a Starfox stage, and we'd finally get the Phendrana Drifts music in Smash.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I want:
"Dreams of an Absolution" and "I am All of me" for Sonic songs.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The song at the end of MOTHER is the original Eight Melodies from MOTHER 1. It's quite beautiful in 8 bit, but absolutely powerful in this amazing church choir arrangement that was part of the official MOTHER soundtrack. I have the CD myself.

Here's what I want.

MOTHER - Eight Melodies (St. Peter's Choir)
MOTHER - Pollyanna (I Believe in You)
MOTHER - Bein' Friends
MOTHER - Wisdom of the World (Maria's Castle)

Metroid Other M - What's Past is Prologue (A remix like this. A shame this wasn't in the game.)

And that's really just a handful. I really want to be able to add a lot of fighting game music into Smash via a custom option. This would fit so well on a Kirby stage.
Yeah I remembered that at one stage I knew the theme, so I looked around and it didn't take me long to find out what was going on there.

I agree with you though, that redone version is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I have the whole brawl soundtrack that I listen to heaps and that song is one of my favourites. The melodies and the harmonies intertwine so beautifully that I always get a sensation from hearing it, every time. It's especially beautiful when i'm thinking of something at the time because it really re-enforces that message of 'everything is going to be ok' and if i'm in turmoil it actually really calms me down. If i'm thinking of something positive it amplifies it and I end up smiling every time because of what the song means to me.

But that's what I like about many of the mother songs. They are modern-type pieces yet they are beautiful in themselves and choose to reflect on the positive aspects of human existence in a modern age rather than the negatives that we hear in many other modern-themed franchises (not just nintendo but other companies and their franchises as well). Every melee piece that I've heard reflects this (well, there are only two but you see what I mean; it turns out that I love 'Pollyanna' as well!) and even the Brawl themes, while darker, often branch off in to a quirkier tone rather than a sad or depressed piece (This is especially true with the piece 'New Pork City'). 'Snowman' is sadder than the other pieces but it also kind of has an elegant feel to it that makes it a lighter tune (fundly enough whenever I hear it, it makes me think of the game 'Secret of Evermore'. If you've played the game you might know why).

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the Mother themes presented in Brawl. Truth be told I was always a bit saddened that Earthbound and F-zero weren't represented with stages or music in SSB 64 so it's nice to see them really getting some love in Brawl (particularly Mother. Note that Mother is now considered a dead series, yet they got a full on boss in Brawl compared to the much larger franchise of Zelda. That's insane! :p )

Oh, a track that wouldn't do too bad....

Twoson

And as a bit of a laugh:

Hippie theme

And this is the other song that this user has put up. It's beautiful:

Smiles and tears

As for Mother 1's eight melodies, this one isn't bad either. I DO HOPE they keep melee's two tracks for use in SSB4 because they are two of the best tracks put in smash bros. to date.

Eight Melodies - cut version

That last part at the end is beautiful! It reminds me of the beginning of yoshi's island, what's that instrument called again? Ohhhh, it's such a beautiful instrument, I have my own one sitting in my bed atm. It was a gift to me from my grandmother who passed just this year. I play it sometimes before I go to sleep....

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, as I promised when I did my list of top ten post-Brawl Wii tracks that need to be in the next game, I'm here to complete my DS edition of that very same list. I'll probably complete a 3DS top ten afterwards, but after that I don't know if I'll do anything else. For now, just enjoy the top ten post-Brawl DS tracks that should be in Super Smash Bros. 4!

10. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Boss Theme

Pretty standard Golden Sun battle fare. Never really been able to get into this series, but it does manage to have great tunes courtesy of Motoi Sakuraba. People complain that all of his music sounds the same, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.

9. WarioWare D.I.Y - Jimmy T's Aerobics

WarioWare always manages to have some catchy, if not bizarre songs. Jimmy T's Aerobics is no exception. The moment I heard this song I knew it would end up in some new WarioWare stage in the future. Luckily some users on Youtube have put this song to WarioWare in Brawl. Fits pretty nicely.

http://youtu.be/PXNJ7EWbQ00

8. Legendary Starfy - Final Boss

Really quirky, fast paced tune that is reminiscent of its brother Kirby.

7. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Dark Emperor (Hardin's Theme)

It amazed me to find out that the boss for this game was one of my favorite units from Shadow Dragon. Coincidentally the way I found that information out was through Marth's trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, could not believe that Hardin destroyed Marth's kingdom, until I found out he was possessed... Isn't that always the case?

6. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Dark Bowser (Final Battle)

Yoko Shimomura really is a musical genius, her music is never unimpressive, and this is certainly the case with this track. It is very reminiscent of some of her compositions from Kingdom Hearts, but that happens a lot with Shimomura (strong piano based melodies seem to be her musical fingerprint).

5. Rhythm Heaven - Space Soccer

Not sure why there is a man dressed like a cowboy kicking a soccer ball atop a horse in space, but okay. Shouldn't expect much from a game created by the father of the WarioWare series.

This song has traces of Megaman sprinkled all throughout the track. Hopefully there is a Rhythm Heaven stage in the next game.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Overworld

I'm pretty positive this track (hehe, get it?) will be in the next game. This track could easily transition onto a Skyward Sword stage and not feel very out of place.

The slight western tones in this song remind me of The Hidden Village track in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Maybe it's just me, but I thought hunting for cats in Twilight Princess was the absolute cutest thing.

3. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - We Will Prevail (Will's Theme)

Technically this game came out at the same time Super Smash Bros. Brawl did, but considering there is no music from the Advance Wars series, it's good enough. The soundtrack for this game is phenomenal, never would I have imagined the DS was capable of the kind of rock found in Days of Ruin. Will's theme is an epic song that captures the optimism of a man fighting against the world (or lack there of). Too bad this game was never released in Japan.

2. Pokémon Black and White 2 - Plasma Boss Corless Battle

Well here is a recent one. This song is too incredible to not post. It has not been until Lance's Theme in Pokémon Gold and Silver that I have absolutely adored a battle track as much as I do this one. If you were to mix Mother 3, Megaman Battle Network, anc Paper Mario together; what you would get would be Corless's battle theme.

1. Kirby Super Star Ultra - Galacta Knight

It was between Masked DDD and Galacta Knight for the number one spot, but the strongest warrior in the galaxy won out! How is it a series as cute as Kirby has some of the hardest songs amongst any of Nintendo's series? Seriously.

Honorable Mention. Pokémon Platinum - Vs. Giratina

Creppy tune for a creepy Pokémon. Sadly Platinum is no longer the new kid on the block, so this song is now an oldie, but still a good one.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I may just be incredibly tired but has anyone ever considered whether or not the music from smash4 should be orchestrated or not

I personally could go either way but sometimes the originals are better like bramble blast from brawl or his world in Sonic

vicgur

Smash Ace
I may just be incredibly tired but has anyone ever considered whether or not the music from smash4 should be orchestrated or not

I personally could go either way but sometimes the originals are better like bramble blast from brawl or his world in Sonic
It all depends on how the remix is done.
I don't want the songs to be remixed the way it was in Brawl, once again.
Don't get me wrong, I love most of the song in Brawl. But some of them, even some of the most awesome, are broken and spoiled by the remixers ~personal touches~.
Take Gourmet Race, for example. It's one of my favorite song in Gaming history. And the remix is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. BUT this part completely breaks the rhythm and the song. Why, dear artist? Why did you do that?

As I said before, that's just an example. I just want the remixes to sound and feel MORE like the originals. Melee did a great job doing it. Brawl didn't.

In other words: Orchestrated, guitar solo-y, techno, bleeps-n'-bloops, or a guy playing a tuba. It doesn't matter which kind of remix they make, as long as it sounds and feels right. Like Melee. Not like Brawl.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Guys, I have a couple from FF V to be included in the archive if they haven't been already:

Final Fantasy V - Dear Friends

Final Fantasy V - Clash on the big bridge!

(I'm not sure but if I remember correctly the first one plays when you finish the game and he's telling you where all the friends have ended up in their lives... The second one is obvious but is one of my favourite game tracks, full stop.)

Here are some from FF IV that I love. This theme is perfect because it is slow and beautiful yet you can really imagine a battle going on inside it, like what happens in FF IV:

Final Fantasy IV: Melody of Lute: Edward's struggle

This is probably my all out favourite FF IV tune. It's so sad (it plays occasionally in the story when a main character dies or a character related to a main character.*) and I can imagine it being tacked on to the end of another tune, probably a bit slower and orchestrated. In any case, I really do love this tune to infinity:

Final Fantasy IV: Cry in sorrow

*Spoiler alert here:

There is a particularly moving scene here where you rescue a prince, named 'edge' for short (who is to become one of your party members), however, Golbez (or rather Zemus) turns his parents in to monsters that the fiend Rubicante uses to attempt to destroy Cecil's party. Cue the emotional battle between fang and his parents. Every so often, they stop attacking and the two parties speak to one another (which is where this music plays), but the parents realise they must die and so stop attacking the party and kill themselves.

Ah, and another of my favourites is the Final Fantasy main theme. I love its FF IV version, mainly because (SPOILER ALERT)
It plays as you begin to fight the very final boss, Zemus/Zeromus. Your party is wiped you, Cecil is the only one left with 1 hp, and slowly, those that have aided you on your quest, those that have died, those that are still alive, they all pray. Their spirits ride upon their prayers to save you. Your party is revived and restored, HP, MP and all. Even Golbez, your own brother, comes to you and restores you. Then they leave you, fully ready to begin the epic battle between you and Zeromus.

Anyway, here it is:

Final Fantasy Main theme: FF IV version - the greater cause

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Super Mario 3D Land - Final Bowser Battle
Super Mario Strikers - Crystal Canyon
Super Mario Strikers - Stormship
Mario Kart 7 - Neo Bowser City
Paper Mario: The Thousand year Door - Shadow Sirens Battle
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Stark Mountain
Sonic Generations - Rooftop Run (Modern)
Sonic & The Black Knight - Knight Of the Wind (YES PEOPLE! We need more music with lyrics in SSB)
Sonic Generations - Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace (Modern)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well D-idara it might help if you linked your suggestions to the video but I suppose namesearching is fine.

Actually tbh I tend to dislike video-game songs with lyrics. Just usually seems to detract from the atmosphere. Calling to the night wasn't so bad (although there were times when I wasn't impressed by the word choices...) but many of the Sonic themes were ones i'd listen to if I needed comical relief. other than that I preferred non-lyrical pieces.

That's just me though.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'm used to select the Sonic themes in the soccer event of Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games. They were charging and reliefing at the same time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love some good terranigma themes:

(BE AWARE THOUGH THAT MANY ARE SPOILERS. If you want to play and enjoy the game, I suggest not looking at the spoilers and there is even some music you may want to save until you play the game. probs best to read what I write for each one, especially as we get near the end because that's where the stunning stuff is that will matter to you more when you've actually played the game and you'll want to know whether you should be hearing the theme or not. >.> )

The main overworld theme, for a start. It's like the beginning, so much to do, and you are the hero of it all. You will explore and go places no other man will ever go, see sights others will not. It's an epic overworld theme:

Terranigma - Into the wild blue yonder: Overworld theme

The next song is the mysterious fortune theme. It usually plays when you enter a magishop or fortuneteller:

Terranigma - What lies ahead for you?: Fortune

The port theme next. It's a kinda sad melody but also really beautiful:

Terranigma - Seabound: Port theme

Then after that comes Evergreen.
Your first task is to revive the plants of the ressurrected world. it's a red ruin of lava and the last tree is dying, the tree of Ra. You crawl below him and in to the root system, fighting many creatures (which are the spirits of the plants once living, as in the other cases where the enemies were once birds or animals) until you meet the final boss. Defeating him and you are rewarded with the tree of ra fully restored and it's shrine green and pure again, the sunlight filtering in to the glade as the plants sing to the daylight. Such a beautiful revival,
it really inspires you about how the rest of the game will be:

Terranigma - Life once again!: Ever-green

After that is the safarium. It plays a couple times, notably after
you ressurrect the birds and go to their sanctuary. Such a relaxing tune to calm, crystal blue waters towered by rocky cliffs. Climbing up to the top sends you to the heights where the birds nest in the short grass upon the cliffs. Such beauty! The next time it is heard is in the sanctuary, in the savannah where you must revive the animals. When you do the area is a waterhole with green lush trees all around and the lion's den up top, the hippos bathe and the waterfall crashes down to meet the small waterhole.
Amazing!

Terranigma - Like it has been: Safarium

Then it comes to one of my favourites. this tune plays first
in the last tower (before you go in to the actual world) when you must verse this sub-boss. It's a comical battle, truly. All the little furry ball-like creatures follow each other and hurt you if the line rolls past you. You just have to hit them all off and either defeat them or let them wander out of the 'stage'.

The next time you hear it is in the actual world, when you enter a 'small' village. It's very dark/ages/medieval type of village and the music feels so fitting, especially when it plays in its name-sake continent, Europe. Such an elegant and melodic piece, I love it because of its happy and carefree way while still being respectful. Sugoi!

Terranigma - Europe

After that, this song gives me shivers, another of my favourite VGM's of all time. You first hear it when
you go to revive the birds. Unlike the tree where you are in a cave with scary music to fill the atmosphere, this dungeon is part open as well as inside. You come to the cliffs with the sun setting in the west. Going in and out to the clifftops as you climb higher and higher to reach your goal and face the boss. You gain claw-like utensils, allowing you to climb rock faces. And that last climb before the final boss takes you above the rest, so satisfying to be up there. You can only imagine how the wind must be howling around him and the cliffs below
. EPIC.

The next time you hear it is when
you are on your final revival quest. So befitting too, as you climb the mountains of tibet to revive the humans. You climb the slopes and run through the forests as the wolves howl around you. Your only way out now, is up. Up to revive the humans
and to go on to the next chapter in this story.

Terranigma - As the wolves howl: the final climb!

This next themes is one of the sadder themes of Terranigma. the story of it is too long to reveal in spoilers here, so i'll leave it for you to listen to and hopefully play the game. It's so amazing, it deserves to be recognized because frankly, it's a better game than Chrono Trigger and Chrono Trigger is critically acclaimed. This isn't just nostalgia either, it's gameplay is on par with if not greater than Chrono Trigger's and it's story surpasses it by far (that's a statement. They're releasing it on the 3ds as a re-release atm and people are still talking about how amazing it is.) Not to say that Chrono trigger isn't amazing, just this game is worthy of so much more respect than it ever got.

Anyway, here's the theme:

Terranigma - Forgotten memories: Elle's theme

I really should add that most of these latter tunes are my favourites (actually the overworld theme is also a huge favourite), even though the other soundtracks are still darn amazing. This theme can mean a lot of different things to different people. For some people, like me, it was a fun and catchy song that did get a little repetitive when I had to backtrack. For others it was the very re-incarnation of hell. Let me explain.
It comes after you revive the animals. the king of the animals, a lion called leo has sent his son on initiation. his son must survive in a canyon far to the south and make it back if he wants to be king. However his mother is not so proud. She is quite worried and sends you off to check on him and bring him back safely. You go to the canyon and find this lion cub, Liam. Liam is excited but has partly lost his way and you both need to help each other to get out. That's all well and good. Except for one thing: Liam moves so slow he might as well be crippled. he just prances about and goes nowhere, it'll probably take you about 10 minutes to get through each sector he takes you past. You think that's bad? That's not the worst part. the worst part is, if you go too far ahead and leave that sector before he does, you get to do it ALL again, princess (if you're lucky you only have to do that sector again, if you're LUCKY)! "Oho, no getting away from me!" He must be saying that. He just has to. But no. He just smiles his casual smile and says, "Lead on, big guy!" while you're twitching so much from trying to smile and failing. Yup, life can be cruel but this was borderline insanity to many people. I'm so glad I actually listened to him when he wanted me to do something and not treat it so casually or I would have gagged myself long ago. Gotta love that lion, Liam. <3

And so here's his theme, that lovable lion that many would 'love' to choke. Not me though, I really liked Liam, fundly enough:

Terranigma - Canyon of trials: the test

Okay so what are we left with? We still have Lhasa.
Following your revival of the humans, you go in to a deep coma and awake many, many years later. The animals can no longer understand you by this stage, and so you awaken to the world of humans, in a quite tibetan village known as Lhasa.
Such a peaceful and calm tune but surprisingly very catchy. Fun to hum to, as well. ^^

Terranigma - Where pilgrims sleep: Lhasa

After that... This theme will haunt my dreams. Terranigma is definitely not a horror game but it certainly has its moments and this theme is just that.
You see, your goal is to rescue the tibetan leader's grand-daughter. She has wandered away in the Gobi desert and you chase her to a town called Louran. She knows the place, you find out later. But that aside, the place seems cool enough. You're even offered to stay the night, which you accept. What a night... In the middle of it all, you and yomi wake up at the stench of rotten meat. Wondering what it is, you go to investigate the foyer. That's where you find the receptionist, still standing there as he was before. but his eyes are pallid now, his flesh rotten. Oh Ark, what have you gotten yourself in to? A town that reveals it's true form by night and you must battle the undead as they throw heads at you and come at you without arms or other body parts. I digress. This theme plays when you are in Louran's central square at this time. The belltower rings as you fight the multitudes of zombies there, looking for the girl that you presume is still alive (she is, she has a hiding spot in one of the houses with her dog).

Creepy but epic, the tune is so atmospheric while at the same time being very melodic and eerie. Every time I hear it, it sends shivers running down my spine. So good!

Terranigma - The dead of the night: City of lost souls

It plays in one other place in the entire game but I'll leave you to play it to find out where and in what context. ;)

Next theme? Okay, here it is, a lighter but at the same time deeply emotional and sad tune. It is actually reasonably well known when it comes to terranigma and it's very symbolic, no matter which time you visit it, it has meaning. Crysta, the town of the blue shards. It's like resting on a bright summer day in the grasses. Relaxing but reflective of the journey Ark has taken and is yet to take. The place he will always remember, and Elle... How he'll remember Elle.

Terranigma - The town lost to time: Crysta

My last few songs are approaching, still in my favourites list.

The very final boss fight music. Don't listen if you don't want spoilers. It's not so epic as other final bosses until about 1:50 but listen to it all because the music before 1:50 emphasizes how awesome 1:50 and onwards is. Interesting to note that what plays at 1:50, to add to it,
is actually Terranigma's main theme.

But here it is, the final fight against
Dark Gaia!

Terranigma - The final deed!: Final Boss (be aware that when you click on the link it tells you the name of the final boss. Probs best to wait till you play the game if you don't want it spoiled)

Okay, these last three are again, some of my absolute favourites. Here we go!

My first is an extremely short theme. It plays in the first chapter when you must revive the terrain of earth. It plays when you revive a continent. So simple and yet so beautiful. If only the amazing-ness went on for longer:

Terranigma - birth of a continent

Then, this theme is probably hands down the saddest theme I have ever heard in my life, no joke. The symbolism is just so stunning and it's not fair to spoil this ending for you guys. But it's powerful, one of the few games I cried my eyes out for and this theme was responsible for it. It's just very simple, perhaps as simple as 'birth of a continent' and yet it tells so much. My warning is if you do truly want to experience this game for yourself, don't listen to this theme. It's too good to hear out of context. Even its title is revealing, so I will wrap spoiler/collapse tags around it.

[COLLAPSE="spoiler"]Terranigma - A hero's final day[/COLLAPSE]

Even listening to that theme again is bringing back up memories...

In fact, I saw a youtube comment that is also really relevant and has a great message. It's still got spoilers in it though so only read it if you've played the game or are never going to:

i have played the games till the end many times, and still i always had the feeling no i dont want to let this day end like this.

this game was at many things at top, the best...

even with all new games this game is still number 1 to me, great story, but also lessons. people their hearts cry about his last day, but if you have an good family at home and well everyone knows how the world goes now, live every day from now on like he did his last then if the things end, you wont be sorry...

On to our last tune though. This is the perfect ending to the game. Again, I won't spoil it but it's worth playing this game through to the end. But a tip: When the credits roll, watch them all the way through. Wait until the very end. I won't say why but trust me on it.

But yes, this last theme is the game's credits. It ties in so beautifully to the previous theme and to the game in general. Even the graphics, while outdated are still beautiful to watch. The music... From the previous theme, I would still be crying when I heard this but it wouldn't just be for the sadness but for the happiness too. It's a great piece of music, hands down. Again, if you want to play terranigma don't listen to this one until you actually play the game.

Terranigma - The way home: The end... ... ...? (credits)

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't know about you guys; but I LOVE remixes. That is, if they're good

There's this one group I'd like to share with all of you. Very few of you may of heard of them, or stumbled upon them; as they used to be an "underground" type of group that barely got recognition for their awesome work. The group I'd like to share with you is called "Salvation by Faith Records." It pretty much started as 3 dudes/bros wanting to make themselves apart from the crowd and remix music like no one else. Eventually, it got bigger and is now one of the most huge things in the Internet within the japanese domain

Here's a site: http://sbfr.info/

They make Nintendomusic of all kinds, OF ALL KINDS (YOU LIKE KIRBY? YOU LIKE STAFY? YOU LIKE PRINCE SABLE? YOU LIKE SSB? YOU LIKE POKEMON? LIST GOES ON AND ON, sorry caps :p)

And it doesn't just stop there with nintendo music. It goes on to many other franchises, Final Fantasy and Klonoa just to name a few

You can go on the site and I'd like to link some samples of their music if you don't mind

A small sample of literally every smash bros remix on the album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSDnfuNS7c

Same, but with kirby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsWRYrLo3WQ&feature=relmfu

Same, but with pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqDi3jTHKiA&feature=relmfu

A "Full Song" example, taken from a newer pokemon album they made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjobQp2sdc4

It's Pokemon TCG remixed to proportions so great you'd never expect it to ever grace the internet :awesome:

If you want more, here's the sampling of some, note SOME of their albums: http://sbfr.info/discography/

Just click a record, click a song, and enjoy

P.S.: I was/am/still excited I got to share this with you guys. The links in question are worth the weight. It would be a good idea in my opinion to tweet sakurai about this matter. Who knows, maybe he'll sponsor them for SSB :awesome:

PSS: They have a niconico live stream link on their site, if you navigate and are interested

Zinnamon

Smash Cadet
champion battle/rival - Pokemon stadium/blue/green/yellow/silver/gold etc.

Gandrayda - Metroid 3:Corruption
All I would ask. Brawl pleased me plenty it had so many themes and the feature to be able to change the likeliness of each song was perfect.

Top Bottom