• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
You guys hadn't heard of Ecco before? He made a lot of noise back in the day. Well, for people who paid attention to the Genesis at least.

Purdue football is the most frustrating experience ever. Watching the team lead and throw it away so many times was so frustrating.

Also, for tennis heads, who saw Serena Williams's outburst today? "I'm gonna jam this ball down your ****ing throat!" Poor line judge was scared to death!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Purdue football is the most frustrating experience ever.
Indeed. It's because more than half the roads get blocked off, and it's impossible to ever find a parking spot.

Also, for tennis heads, who saw Serena Williams's outburst today? "I'm gonna jam this ball down your ****ing throat!" Poor line judge was scared to death!
Ya, I heard about that earlier today. Smart move, Serena. Smart move.

Also, Fro, as a Samus main, you'll be glad to know that my friend and I started playing Metroid Prime today. That game actually isn't too shabby.

soap

Smash Hero
You guys hadn't heard of Ecco before? He made a lot of noise back in the day. Well, for people who paid attention to the Genesis at least.

Purdue football is the most frustrating experience ever. Watching the team lead and throw it away so many times was so frustrating.

i just watched the match replay on tennis tonite, the funny thing is that earned her a code of conduct penalty point on MATCH point

she also shattered her racket to pieces earlier in the match :mad:

clijsters woulda won anyway.

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
Me, Skylar, and Andrew saw Gamer. It wasn't nearly as bad as we were expecting it to be. Ironically, this made it worse. In their words, we were all expecting "Death Race without cars". Instead we got an average quality commentary on how the increasing abstraction and virtualization of human interaction fosters a lack of empathy and can strip people of their humanity.

In other words: BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOGHHHHHHHHHH

Also, they have convinced me to switch from Bowser to Ganon. He is a heavy who is based around SHFFL'd aerials. He should be right up my alley.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Rofl it doesn't touch Jonny Mac...
This was actually worse. Johnny Mac never threatened to kill anyone. He was crazy, but Serena was just being a whiny, overbearing *****. You can actually see her mouth what I typed above, and the replays, with the mics turned on, showed that she dropped not one, not two, not three, but FOUR F-bombs in her threat.

EDIT: @ Soap: Yeah, she Clijsters was too good last night.

@ Alanson: **** straight!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
This was actually worse. Johnny Mac never threatened to kill anyone. He was crazy, but Serena was just being a whiny, overbearing *****. You can actually see her mouth what I typed above, and the replays, with the mics turned on, showed that she dropped not one, not two, not three, but FOUR F-bombs in her threat.
And to top it off, she's black.

ER0ED

Smash Rookie
hey guys i finally got ungrounded so im giong to start playing alot more. so hopefully ill show up to ur guys next tourney.

ER0ED

Smash Rookie
...[/QUOTE]

yea i know...im stupid, but its over with. this time i wont get grounded any more. well try to atleast =], so ill keep practicing and try to go next time.

voorhese

Smash Master
do you guys think its fair of an ENGLISH teach to assign a project, where you right a song, and sing it in front of the class, i dont think its fair to grade on creativity, and singing ability (for a class where we study American literature)

so i was gonna do it using Fruity loops studio 8, so i didnt have to sing it or anything (and get help with lyrics from friends)

but the program is so freaking hard to use, im just gonna get the lyrics made, and tell here im not singing crap, we are supposed to be studying literature, this isnt choir class

idk does anyone know how to use fl studio 8

Jayford

Smash Lord
do you guys think its fair of an ENGLISH teach to assign a project, where you right a song, and sing it in front of the class, i dont think its fair to grade on creativity, and singing ability (for a class where we study American literature)

so i was gonna do it using Fruity loops studio 8, so i didnt have to sing it or anything (and get help with lyrics from friends)

but the program is so freaking hard to use, im just gonna get the lyrics made, and tell here im not singing crap, we are supposed to be studying literature, this isnt choir class

idk does anyone know how to use fl studio 8
F'n voorhese. Don't tell her its crap and not sing it >.<. I am sure you just go up there sing your song and then sit down. If the lyrics are ok and you sung it she isn't going to own you grade wise. Here is a tip that helped me tons in school.

Pro Tip: Just make the teacher happy and do what they want.

I can see why you don't want to sing it, but it isn't worth failing the assignment over.

BunBun

Smash Master
It's perfectly fair. They won't grade you on singing ability.

And if you use software or anything like that, I hope she fails you and I'll lose any respect I had for you.

voorhese

Smash Master
It's perfectly fair. They won't grade you on singing ability.

And if you use software or anything like that, I hope she fails you and I'll lose any respect I had for you.
lol why, techno is far better than anything i could come up with, and besides it supposed to be a partner thing, and im partnered up with a Chinese kid who doesnt know what he is doing at all (no offense to Chinese people)

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO XXXII: Saturday, Sept 19 @ 2pm

Voorhese, you are a ****ing voorhese.

SSBO XXXII will take place on Saturday, September 19th @ 2pm. The venue will most likely still be the Tarkington TV lounge. Practice up. It's for real this time.

kirkq

Smash Ace
I actually agree with Voorhese on this one, I don't think students should be required at any point in time to creatively express themselves in front of others. Giving a speech is useful, singing is not. Creativity should have stopped being required after like 3rd grade.

Also, the American school system is absolutely backwards, because any sort of documentation you have to do in the real world never gets covered. Reports are good, reading comprehension is good. Literary themes and poems are worthless. I would be happy to discuss this more.

SSBO XXXII will take place on Saturday, September 19th @ 2pm. The venue will most likely still be the Tarkington TV lounge. Practice up. It's for real this time.
I won't be there, I have too much stuff going on the next two weeks: Job fair, 3 exams and a practical. I realize there is no such thing as a legitimate john, but if theoretically one did exist, this scenario begins to approach it.

BunBun

Smash Master
Literary themes and the like are only worthless if you plan on doing work that doesn't relate to humans at all.

I would love to have a discussion about this. Kick us off, Kirkq!

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
IIRC FL is one of the easiest to use software synthesizers on the market.

thats like when math teachers have you write an essay, and grade you on you grammar and all that
You're in high school and your teachers are grading you on grammar? I'm ****ing jealous kid. You're living on easy street. At my high school, the grammar was sort of expected and ignored. The major point of papers was how you used textual evidence to support your conclusions/interpretations. In English class anyways. Blahdeeblah death of the author blahdeeblah you are in high school and we are going to teach the basic uses of deconstruction in lit crit blahblahblah. I ****ing hated English class.

It has also tainted the way I read books and watch movies forever.

Also, I don't really think the singing assignment fits in the standard English curriculum. But, I bet the teacher thinks they're being "fun". That being said, it shouldn't be too hard.

voorhese

Smash Master
You're in high school and your teachers are grading you on grammar? I'm ****ing jealous kid. You're living on easy street. At my high school, the grammar was sort of expected and ignored. The major point of papers was how you used textual evidence to support your conclusions/interpretations. In English class anyways. Blahdeeblah death of the author blahdeeblah you are in high school and we are going to teach the basic uses of deconstruction in lit crit blahblahblah. I ****ing hated English class.
im just saying, mixing classes together is stupid especially when there like math/science courses with language/music etc they are focused on my opposite sides of the brain, and since math/science is for people who are left brained, and music/art/writing etc is for right brained, you should only get a lower grade because of lack of creativity in only the music/art classes not in the technical classes and vice versa

(not the main thing about what i said earlier)

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
In the real world, everything is mixed together.

~Bunzy

There's no 'technical writing' section of getting a job, but you sure as hell better have your grammar down when you turn in a resume. Not to mention right brain/left brain is fairly arbitrary boundaries for complex interwoven systems. It's not a good indicator of what is and isn't related in the functionality of the brain.

~Rin

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
If I can make it again this Sat, i will need a partner for dubs.
I main Fox/Sheik with a touch of pika. But you guys should know this already

Top Bottom