• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing Thread and Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat the story mode so now I'll be able to play more course world levels.
Here's my Mario Maker 2 ID: K67-9Y6-3SF if anyone wants to check out my levels. They're mostly themed, moderate difficulty.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Curse of the Fortress of Sand

ID: 6GC-3FY-6VF

In this quit long & challenging level, Kamek & his minions have take over a old fortress in the desert and curse with magic & various traps so that you, who got lost in the desert and are forced to enter it, will die in the process, of course, you're a Superstar, so conquer Kamek's challenges & get out of this place!

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
A few drawbacks are that the Weird Mushroom no longer exists. Also, the enemy category limit is still 100, and still includes items like the POW Block, P-Switch, and Trampoline.

On a side note, the Big Mushroom does lose all the aesthetic features that were in the first Super Mario Maker, but as a trade-off, if Big Mario takes damage, he reverts back to Super Mario, instead of Small Mario.
I really want the weird mushroom. It was fun to make a parkour level with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNJR1pIMt7A

Interesting. Apparently characters throw fireballs differently so you can create courses that only certain characters can win
If a course forces you to lose a life, then that's pretty much poor course design. Heck, it shouldn't even be possible to upload that course, as it has to pass the Clear Check first; the course has to be cleared without losing a single life.

Does anyone have the feeling that this course was uploaded illegally?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If a course forces you to lose a life, then that's pretty much poor course design. Heck, it shouldn't even be possible to upload that course, as it has to pass the Clear Check first; the course has to be cleared without losing a single life.

Does anyone have the feeling that this course was uploaded illegally?
It probably has a secret way to win it. A lot of complicated courses do that where they have a super secret way to actually win the level that you can only figure out if you are the one that did it

Dan

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who's surprised by the lack of activity in this thread? The Mario Maker 1 thread was running circles around it, and that game was just about inferior in every way; did we get our creative juices out already? I've only uploaded three courses myself, and spend the majority of time doing the 4-player online versus, which even with a couple of unplayable lagged matches is one of the best things to ever happen to a Mario game.

You know what? To potentially get the ball rolling again on this thread, I'll share all three of my courses (I've only shared two previously) with a brief description of each; I don't see why we can't get a pin either: I'll request it.

• Tranquil Serenity [M4L-PND-BCG]: This is supposed to on par with your Coral Capers and Jolly Roger Bays of the world; ambience is key here.
  • Boom Boom Forest [L13-XYS-WNG]: My first actual course that was tweaked and reuploaded; just essentially learning the basics of the game and toying around with the new 3D World theme.
  • Bowser's Final Proceedings [Y61-HCF-6TF]: I actually got feedback from a user that this course was too hard and needed a checkpoint; it's supposed to represent the final level of a Mario game. I promise you it's not that difficult. The failure points suggest that not a lot of effort was put in by the players who couldn't beat it: they couldn't beat a Hammer Bro so they gave up. There is a clear condition of 200 coins: there is leeway, as I believe there are nearly 300 in the level.

If you don't have time for all three, Tranquil Serenity is by far the course that I was most inspired to make and am most proud of: it's got 943 plays and 189 likes, which is more than the courses that some of my favorite YouTubers have.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I completed 2 Mario Maker 2 levels but I haven't uploaded them yet because I'm still working on Aesthetics.

The last couple had things in it that bugged me after I uploaded them

Rizen

Smash Legend
  • Bowser's Final Proceedings [Y61-HCF-6TF]: I actually got feedback from a user that this course was too hard and needed a checkpoint; it's supposed to represent the final level of a Mario game. I promise you it's not that difficult. The failure points suggest that not a lot of effort was put in by the players who couldn't beat it: they couldn't beat a Hammer Bro so they gave up. There is a clear condition of 200 coins: there is leeway, as I believe there are nearly 300 in the level.
Saying a long course needs a check point isn't exactly harsh criticism. If this is how you respond to people taking the time to play your levels don't expect us to continue to play them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
3 whole levels!

1) Escaping Mt. Molehill (P1R-257-GWG) - You and a mole have to escape a prison. Only together can you get out. In other words, you have to make sure the mole stays alive and use him to solve puzzles. WARNING: The mole can despawn if you go to far out of range and there is one part that the AI acts funny and the mole will not bounce high enough on the spring if you rush ahead of him

2)Ancient Temple of Thwomp (PP3-5XV-JFF) - Use Thwomps to get through these ancient ruins. There are two paths you can take once you get into the main temple, one easier than the other. I used this course to practice Thwomp mechanics that I later used in Escaping Mt. Molehill.

3) Cage Match (KMT-S63-GPF) - A death match against Mario's greatest foes! I was just messing around with some things and accidently created a short, fun level

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a few more courses to show, including one that's recently uploaded.

This course primarily focuses on an underwater area, which is home to a lot of Cheep Cheeps. At least two Bloopers are also present, but they have a different behavior in the 3D World game style.

My newest course upload. The player simply travels on top of some Snake Blocks, while watching out for enemies. But the training gloves come off after the first Checkpoint Flag, as the Fast Snake Blocks take over. The most notable obstacle is the Skipsqueak, but Koopa Troopas, Stingbies, and at least three Hammer Bros. are also present. Fully tested to ensure that damage-free runs are possible, even as Small Mario. Power-ups are still given to players before each Snake Block segment begins though.

Also, this course has two 50-Coins, instead of just one.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
XB0-H94-02H

Future/ Past

Travel between the future and Past to solve the puzzles. It's kind of difficult. From the original version I made it easier and added a checkpoint because of that.

Beta concept. I may try it out again a little differently

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I've had a blast creating SSM2 levels, although nobody finished any of them yet. Sharing them here, I should try some other levels shared here but I don't have the time to do it right now.

Mountain and its mystery cave [W78-L75-VSG]: this snowy mountain contains a cave, but you must do some platforming on mushroom platforms to get the key to enter inside it. After that, the cave itself represents some tricky platforming challenge with ON/OFF switches and key coins.
Let the Galoomba swim with you [X1P-SSM-8JF]: you'll find a P-Door above dotted blocks, to activate it you need a P-Switch and to activate a switch, but the only way to access to the switch is to throw someting upward, and this is your mission: swim with a P-Switch while a Galoomba chases you underwater. Find the pipe and the other end of the first area, enter inside it to take the P-Switch, then let a Galoomba follow you while swimming!
The Koopa graveyard [0ND-WML-PVG]: this spooky area is where Dry Bones are burried, either alone or collectively in sometimes huge graves. To finish this level you'll have to enter inside some of these graves… and be doomed to never be able to leave one of them.
Dry Bones shell fertilizer [QWQ-YRN-YLF]: vines in this cave are deficient in calcium and cannot grow any further, unless we give them a big amount of calcium. Good news, Dry Bones shells are an excellent fertilizer for calcium deficient plants. In gameplay terms, you must shoot Dry Bones shell to activate ? blocks to make a vine grow and be able to progress.

For those who remember, I've made a level with the same kind of aesthetics as the Koopa Graveyard in SMM1, the goal was to make Bowser open a grave so you can then use a giant Dry Bones as a trampoline, I didn't include than in this SMM2 level.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMG_20190824_224648263.jpg

Try my new level

Beanstalk Heaven.

0NJ-7VW-3YG

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here are some courses that I have yet to mention.

This course solely focuses on reaching the goal while in a Koopa Troopa Car. Only one Koopa Troopa Car is present, so the player has to get down its mechanics, and avoid destroying it as well. Takes nearly 2 minutes to clear, but can be difficult for those who don't have much experience with the Koopa Troopa Car.

This course focuses on the use of the Charvaargh, along with rising lava. There is an auto-scrolling segment, and a Pink Coin segment as well. The course does conclude with a Boom Boom boss fight, but this time, Boom Boom is giant-sized, and equipped with wings.

In terms of the difficulty, the course can be tricky to clear at first, but there is a pattern with the Charvaargh and lava that can make the autoscroll and Pink Coin segments easier to overcome.

Dan

Smash Lord
Man, I love Multiplayer Versus, but the courses are too short; it's really a crapshoot getting a good one. I wish they would select the longer ones, or even have an additional "Official Multiplayer Versus" where Nintendo makes them.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Still a bit surprised by the inactivity of this thread... despite all the new content, I think we all got our creative juices out with Mario Maker 1.

I mainly play the multiplayer versus, which is fun when the levels are actually good (which is like 10% of the time)... I almost wish Nintendo made the courses for this since it's literally the first side-scrolling Mario game to be online.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Still a bit surprised by the inactivity of this thread... despite all the new content, I think we all got our creative juices out with Mario Maker 1.

I mainly play the multiplayer versus, which is fun when the levels are actually good (which is like 10% of the time)... I almost wish Nintendo made the courses for this since it's literally the first side-scrolling Mario game to be online.
Eh. Creating good levels takes a lot of time, and I can agree with your sentiment that there were GENERALLY more innovative levels in the first game, even if my own personal levels are much better in SMM2 than SMM1 (comes from experience). Will definitely be creating a level where the whole ground is made of Frozen Coins, akin to that near-impossible World 9 NSMW level.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I uploaded a dark level with creative sources of light: Torch Lit Mansion PFX-PJJ-OWF. Origionally the whole thing was going to be like the beginning where 10 coins illuminate the room for a few seconds but I ran out of parts. You can only have a few.

Dan

Smash Lord
"Fire Breathers in the Ice Cavern"
SDT-4J1-1XF

Probably the most time I've spent on a level thus far, out just in time for the holiday: you start in a snowbound land and fight your way to the interior of an ice cavern for a battle with Bowser Jr. and his pet plant - nothing mind-blowing or anything; it's just meant to play like a standard level. Turned out easier than I thought (probably cause I've played it a thousand times and know it like the back of my hand).

Last edited:

Shrapnle

Smash Rookie
As of last night, I've created 20 courses in Super Mario Maker 2. Here's a random sampling of 7 of them:

Mario Plays NES Games

Course ID: TW6-PMX-VQF

Description: As Mario, go home to your living room for an afternoon of playing three NES classic games on your NES. Turn the NES on and hop inside your TV to play a level of "Mario Bros.", "Donkey Kong Jr.", and "Super Mario Bros."

Mario Maker Kart Quadruple Dash

Course ID: RQ8-RFQ-WLF

Description: A Mario Kart inspired level designed with multiplayer mode in mind. There are 4 available "karts" (Koopa cars) and the ability to activate an obstacle in your opponent's paths along the track.

Infiltration of Hangar 66

Course ID: W8N-PML-MFG

Description: This one is a completely original level. Mario must gain access to an enemy airbase, infiltrate Hangar 66, steal a copter and use it to board Bowser's Airship high above. Once aboard, activate explosives to defeat Bowser and destroy the airship.

Mario Plays NES Games Too

Course ID: 6FL-GB3-9MF

Description: The sequel to my most played creation, "Mario Plays NES Games". Mario returns home for another afternoon of playing classic NES games in his living room. This time, play levels from "Donkey Kong", "Popeye", and "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link".

Grand Theft Auto: Koopa City

Level Code: GCH-VQ4-14G

Description: What a crossover between Grand Theft Auto and Super Mario Bros might look like. Enter stores and apartment buildings, steal cars, run down the denizens of Koopa City on the street, etc. I set a coin collecting requirement that can be reached by scouring the individual buildings of the city, or completing any one of 3 optional side missions (Defeat the Hammer Bros. Gang inside the Warehouse, Rob the Bank Vault, or Execute the Stunt Jump). There is an optional bonus mission at the end of the level as well (launch a car through the Window of Bowser's office).

GI*Joe: Escape from The Pit

Level Code: RXP-VBP-63G

Description: After the title screen, you start off at the lowest level of GI*Joe's secret underground base, The Pit. Suddenly, Cobra Troops bore their way in through the walls. Fight your way up to the surface, emerging through the Motor Pool above. Fight your way through the invading Cobras on the surface, making sure to blow up the bridge during your daring escape.

The Great Hall of Bowser

Course ID: 8KV-KGW-JPG

Description: One of my most recent creations, and first ever crafting of a Bowser's castle level. Enter Bowser's castle executing treacherous jumps to advance. Work your way through "The Great Hall of Bowser" to reach a showdown with Boom Boom. Emerge victorious to steal the key you will need to enter Bowser's treasure room. Then, continue through the castle to ultimately battle King Koopa himself. I put extra effort into the background to make Bowser's castle as ornate and ostentatious as possible.

Dan

Smash Lord
Oh. My. ****ing. God.

This update could literally make me cry.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh. My. ****ing. God.

For those who wanted a quick recap:
Koopalings in all but 3D World
Mario 2 mushroom gives Mario his Mario 2 moveset
Frog Suit, P-Baloon, Acorn Suit, and Boomerang Suit as new powers, plus 5 new wearables in 3D World
New Course Elements, including On/Off Trampolines and Mechakoopa
World Maker: Make your own Mario World

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, just remade & reuploaded one of my level, Road in the Sky: Protect Roshi!, so check it out if you can, it's quite short, atleast, if you don't die too much. :p

B3R-PQG-1KG

Going to make some new levels too to put them in the world I'm going to make, and try out all the new goodies ~

EDIT: Also uploaded a new level, New Mushroom in the Forest, it's a short but sweet level where using the SMB2 Mushroom to all it's capacity is a must to have the most fun. Tho you still can beat it without it, the code is:

J82-240-52G

hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
What do the Ninji signify on my world map? Is this where people actually are on my world? If so, that's cool.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What do the Ninji signify on my world map? Is this where people actually are on my world? If so, that's cool.
Think it just show that peoples have played your world.

Also

New level uploaded, Bridge to the Acorn Mountain. It use the new power-up of the same name in various way so that you can access to the other side of the mountain. Since the bridge isn't done yet, the road won't be easy, but hey, flying is still fun, right?

Code is NG6-7XC-2RF

Hope you enjoy

Dan

Smash Lord
Now that the SMB2 Mushroom and Phantom Key have been added, I've finally been able to complete one of my SMB2 courses. It's a remix of one of the Mouser fortresses with Lemmy being the stand-in for Mouser: T6F-5JF-TNG

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I’ve spent these last two weeks just making courses nonstop: enough to fill a Super World to the brim! It’s all kind of vanilla, but I’m still quite proud of what I’ve put out.
568-G0D-QNG

Let me know if you guys find any softlocks, mistakes, and the like, I don’t like it when I overlook something.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I will probably try this since you were the first person to actually post one. Here's mine: DJK-1SQ-VBG. It's four worlds that I basically used everything old and new that I had.

Edit: Something I will say about the game in general is I do not like how long it takes stuff to come out of pipes, whether it's Goombas, piranhas, etc.

BlondeLombax BlondeLombax Completed your first two worlds. Good stuff granted the difficulty will continue to gradually increase. The one thing that threw me for a loop was the addition of Bowser Jr. to the Koopaling fights, which made it a little more difficult. The way you had been constructing things made it seem like it wouldn't have been that difficult; nonetheless I was able to beat both fights on the second try. I gave up on World 2's Rotten Mushroom course because I felt I would've just lost more lives in the process.

I still prefer our little forum thread to someplace like reddit cause we actually play each other's levels, there's more of a community and stuff doesn't get buried.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Apparently this song was also used in Mario Paint as well.

Dan

Smash Lord
I can't believe this thread never took off given how much better Mario Maker 2 is than 1 (I guess we got all our creative juices out with the first game). I just spent a lot of time fine-tuning my Super World I previously posted here; the code is DJK-1SQ-VBG.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess some things just don't work out the way that you hoped. But seeing as this thread got a new post, I might as well share my maker ID for those who have yet to see my work.

YL4-0ST-9FF

I also have my own Super World, which contains 32 courses that use the NSMBU game style.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Smash Lord
Awesome dude! I was thinking about you in particular as I remember in Mario Maker 1 you made an entire game when Super World wasn't a thing... I will definitely check it out!

It just astounds me that this game added everything and more regarding what we hoped for (Koopalings and the ability to make your own game via Super World) yet there were only two Super World shares before yours.

Edit: Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Just out of curiosity, do you have the Koopalings in this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom