• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing Thread and Discussion

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Title: Goombapples...on Ice!!!
Level-ID: Q3P-PCH-0YG
Difficulty: Hard
Style: SMW
A wintery level where you toss Goombrats (the Goombapples) at switches to advance. Be careful, however, as Icicles and Claws won't make it easy for you!

Rizen

Smash Legend
New level uploaded ya all.

Tourian: Mother Brain

Course ID: 8V4-YMG-FNF

I don't think it's as well designed as my first level, but I really wanted to explore all the possibility that a certain new element in this game bring to the table, so, I hope you like it! ;)
I beat this level and left a like.

How do you unlock night levels?

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
If this game didn't the 4-player vs. I would play some of y'alls courses, but that **** is way too fun and addicting... I stayed up till 10 AM this morning playing that **** (as well as designing my own course).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Code: WJG-KJV-GDG
Title: Slushie Berry Forest
Theme: [Super Mario Bros 3]
Description: Chill out in this forest of icicles, twisters, and moles! Brrr! (Remade from Green Tea Forest)

Code: WQM-LJB-PCG
Title: Jolly Jelectro Reservoir
Theme: [Super Mario Bros 3]
Description: This will be a lake of jelectros, thwomps, and twisters. The meat of the level is in the sub area! There is going to be a great amount of detail and semi-solids matching enemies, so I hope it's visually appealing to you as you swim through.

Code: 919-BHB-1NF
Title: Murky Marsh
Theme: [Super Mario Bros]
Description: Welcome to the jungle where wigglers play and the dry bones are grey. A collab level between ranmaru and moni. Enjoy!

I will be posting here more often in the future and will try to play other people's levels. I have a lot to say about this game, I love it. You might see that I have not really talked as much on these boards for a while. Now I have reason to. I also would appreciate any feedback as I'm looking to improve much further and am willing to give feedback to others. UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Check me out bro.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I have two courses. One I made just within days after release and one I finished today.

First is Smash Course Medley Vol. 1. (ID: 8KY-B48-S1G) It's made out of a random assortment of 5 random Mario Maker stage combinations I puzzled together into one coherent course.

The one I built today is Super Smash World (ID: N0X-KYY-1TG). Made out of mostly familiar Mario related stages in Smash (Or at least attempts to shape it like them since it's not going to be exact). And you must KO most (12 to be exact. Though luckily there are more then 12 in the entire stage and you can backtrack through pipes if you need to for any reason) of the Piranha Plants with fire or capes to complete the stage. (On a side note it has some of the Melee adventure mode Mushroom Kingdom stage, but not all of it. Because I was running out of room)

Both are on the easy side of things. So don't expect a challenge from them. I want players of all ages to be able to complete these stages that are both kind of tributes to Smash. Even if it may make some of the more experienced players yawn. (Though to be honest, these are my first two designed stages in general. And they're not exactly original, I don't think I'd be able to make a stage that experienced players would want anyhow)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I made 3-2 before 3-1. World 3 is a snowy world in 3D style. This level features a convoy of snow mobiles similar to tank levels from SMB3.
0J3-QMN-2RF

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
N02-N93-K1H

New desert stage. It's kind of more me experimenting with things

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My 5th course is up to play.

The primary obstacle in this course is the Spike Block. A few Goombas, Spinies, and a single Piranha Plant, are also present, but for the majority of the course, it's enemy-free. The ON/OFF Switch also plays a role in that it can affect which Spike Blocks will have their spikes extended.

The only power-up that players are given is the Super Mushroom, and for a good reason. It ensures that players can only take up to two hits before losing a life, especially considering the nature of this course, and how some players may try to take advantage of the power down intangibility to get past certain Spike Block segments; the course is set up to try to counter that exploit. There is a segment where a Super Star is used though.

This course is shorter than my previous courses, but you will have to utilize the Long Jump to activate certain ON/OFF Switches, and for the segment that comes after the second checkpoint.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was editing my nephews level for him and I accidently created a fun level. I created his own profile though so if I upload it it wouldn't be under my name. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New level uploaded, folks.

The Haunted Golden Hammer

ID: 02Q-73H-MKF

I honestly think it might be my weakest level yet, but hey, feel free to prove me wrong.

It's a puzzle level that use the Super Hammer in different way, well, in the few way I could use it anyway. Good lord Jesus, this style need more option.

Still, hope you enjoy. ~

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My 6th course is available now.

One of the things that makes the 3D World game style unique is how the Thwomp operates; Mario can safely touch it, giving him more ways to use one.

Anyway, this course utilizes Thwomps in a more positive manner, which includes transporting Mario, giving him wall jumping opportunities, and even crushing certain enemies. Other enemies include the Dry Bones, Peepa, and Boo.

Also, some sideways-moving Thwomps are equipped with parachutes, which makes it easier for Mario to react and time his jumps.

There is a Pink Coin segment, and a puzzle where you need a giant Thwomp to form an exclamation block bridge for a Dry Bones; the Dry Bones carries a key, but it will only give it up if a Thwomp crushes it.

Now, I've done whatever I could to set up hints that a Thwomp is nearby (if it's not visible to the player); this includes terrain anomalies, coin placements, and even some semisolid platforms. The course has been tested thoroughly so that even Small Mario can complete it without taking any damage. However, be advised that because of Small Mario's smaller hurtboxes, some Thwomps won't react to him, unless he jumps higher than his Super Mario state.

Dan

Smash Lord
I will never understand the facet of this community that enjoys these types of levels... like how is this even fun?

trial & error ≠ fun imo

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I've been working on the Easy Endless Challenge, seeing how many courses I have to complete to make it into the top 1000. Another reason for this is so that I can figure out how a player can acquire the Endless Challenge medals for each of the four difficulty options, and to see if collecting medals can increase a player's course upload limit; by default, you can upload up to 32 courses.

However, this endeavor has temporarily put the development on my next course on hold.

I will never understand the facet of this community that enjoys these types of levels... like how is this even fun?

trial & error ≠ fun imo
Whenever I see players who have lost more lives than the amount of courses that they've played, it almost feels obvious that they're into the brutally hard courses. Anyway, there's a fine line between difficulty and cruelty, and it's never fun when you're always losing lives at the exact same spot, or worse.

Dan

Smash Lord
Hey? Is this thread dead? Well, IDK! I remade Air Man's stage: KBD-QFT-D0H

Remaking the boss was... interesting to say the least.
I haven't had time for the game recently and have had more fun playing the online multiplayer anyway.

Usually these threads pick up a lot of steam and then sputter off once the game has been out for a while, leaving a few regulars.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
KSW-L9P-7FG

Try my course, it's super tough! I made it easier than it was though

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't played for a while because I was practicing Smashbros. Here's Wildlands 3-1: a 3D World snowy forest with a metroidvania coin hunt.
P4J-6KD-FSF

Dan

Smash Lord
Anyone think there should be a limit on the amount of 1-ups that can be place in a level? I think a healthy number would be three. Sometimes I come up with clever hiding spots, but they're so unvalued because there's some levels that spam them.

Edit: I also wonder if courses only tagged as "Multiplayer Versus" are chosen for the 4-player mode.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
My third course, second I feel worthy of sharing online: "Bowser's Final Proceedings" (Y61-HCF-6TF); I tagged it as Multiplayer Versus & Speedrun, but it could just as well be Standard & Themed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
W1Y-0BT-PHG

Coin Heaven Run

It's a fairly easy speedrun course I made.

Currently making a Super Mario Bros 1 desert puzzle solving course

Mario 1 and 3 are my favorites to make

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Me again, yet another course:
T6X-XR9-5KG
I like how you made a little house with a chandelier.

My third course, second I feel worthy of sharing online: "Bowser's Final Proceedings" (Y61-HCF-6TF); I tagged it as Multiplayer Versus & Speedrun, but it could just as well be Standard & Themed.
I gave up after several tries. This course would benefit from a check point or more fire flowers. There's just way too much that can kill you throughout the entire level.
W1Y-0BT-PHG

Coin Heaven Run

It's a fairly easy speedrun course I made.

Currently making a Super Mario Bros 1 desert puzzle solving course

Mario 1 and 3 are my favorites to make
Good use of coins to mark the trail.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I gave up after several tries. This course would benefit from a check point or more fire flowers. There's just way too much that can kill you throughout the entire level.
Interesting... thanks for the feedback; I actually had tried checkpoints multiple times through creation but decided against it cause I thought it was too easy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wildlands 3-3 is up: 7F2-7WH-YHF this level has beat block platforms and igloos. Try for the true ending.
Interesting... thanks for the feedback; I actually had tried checkpoints multiple times through creation but decided against it cause I thought it was too easy.
Checkpoints make levels more fun because you don't have to repeat parts over and over.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thank you for the feedback. In regards to the winged Ant Trooper part before the checkpoint flag, I have done enough tests on that segment that I can make it through unscathed, even as Small Mario. It simply comes down to timing your jumps just right.
I know I'm... like... two weeks late on this, but one of the things about Level Design is that, well, if you're constantly testing your levels to make sure everything works, you'll fundamentally understand how the stage elements work, and after testing it enough the timing of difficult sections will just 'click' for you.

Natural players don't have this luxury, potentially resulting in a lot of deaths.

...Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been playing the story mode. The only thing that bugs me is every time you die twice the message for adding parts pops up. It's not even a game over screen. I don't need to be reminded over and over; I like to beat the levels without help.

Dan

Smash Lord
Granted you have internet connection, this is an amazing desert island game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New level uploaded! Road in the Sky: Protect Roshi!

ID: 54X-JDV-01G

Compared to my previous level, The Haunted Golden Hammer, this one is pretty short & straightforward: protect Red Yoshi up until the end.

You can't finish it without it and the level has no checkpoint, but the only way is forward and the difficulty is fairly balanced, alteast from what I tested, so as long as you know how to use Red Yoshi fireball, you should be good.

Hope you like it!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Rizen Rizen KMDP KMDP Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Deathcarter Deathcarter Shadowwolflink Shadowwolflink DJ3DS DJ3DS culumon culumon Metal Shop X Metal Shop X TheMightyP TheMightyP PeridotGX PeridotGX King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo G-Guy G-Guy Wiley Wiley Dan Dan Radical Bones Radical Bones ranmaru ranmaru SonicMario SonicMario

Hey everybody, wanted to start out by saying that I'm sorry for the mass tag. Still, this is pretty important, so I'd advise you read through this mega post. Spoiler alert: I'll be holding a contest, and you all are invited to participate.

You probably know why you all are on this list. You have contributed to this thread by adding levels. Great! Mario Maker 2 is increibly fun, and I shouldn't be stifling people's enjoyment.

But I haven't been doing a great job with maintenance. Currently, the thread is just an indiscriminate load of level IDs. These all may be good levels, but it is very hard to navigate. What levels to play? What creators to support? There are so many levels here that we have created a sub-community here on Smashboards for level sharing.

It may not be much, but I wanted to expand on this. SMM2 is great, but I want to make the most of its release. To do so, as the de facto thread owner, I will try to help you all out by organizing featured levels.

This Sunday, I finally got my hands on a copy of Super Mario Maker 2. It's about time, too. I missed most of the level sharing craze, and the hype is slightly dying. However, I want to get around to everybody's levels, and so do the Mario Maker players who view this thread. There are about 3,800 total views here. It may not be much, but it's something.

To cut to the chase, there will be 3 featured levels every week for 10 weeks. Thats 30 levels in the spotlight! 3 levels will be selected from the pool, and everybody will vote for their favorite.

Now, I don't have the authority to select for myself, so I will be assembling a small team of people to select the top 3 levels, and a poll will be made for them to see which level takes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. These top 3 levels will then be listed on the opening post, in the order that the people ranked them.

The first levels will be picked on August 10th. The people will have one week to vote for their favorite level, and the results will be posted on the opening post. Once the winner is declared, the next 3 will go up for a week.

For each of the 10 weeks, there will be a different theme. The first week, three Ground Theme levels will be chosen. The only rule is that the overworld must be Ground; the subworld can be any theme. For week 2, three Desert Theme levels will be selected. This pattern will go on for 10 weeks for all 10 themes, and then the Featured Level competition will be over.

Thank you for reading this far. I'm giving you all a lot of time in advance, as I am going out of town for a couple weeks.

Now, I can't make you all participate. This contest is completely optional, you can design a Ground Level for this if you want to or not. This thread will not change. You can always share levels with others, regardless of the theme. All that is happening is that I will be featuring some of the levels being posted here, and the first to be featured are Ground Themes. The atmosphere will remain the same.

Because this is entirely optional, this will be an opt in event. You may participate if you would like. If you wish to opt in, then like this post. For those who do, the Featured Level team will play your Ground Theme levels, leave comments, and judge it against the rest of the Ground levels in the competition. Players who do not like the post will not be considered for the contest.

Finally, this is all in the name of good fun. I'm just ecstatic to get the game, and am hoping to see some great creations from the Boards. This is being created purely for fun. I get that not everybody wants to play, which is why it is entirely opt in/opt out. I just thought it would be a fun idea to have featured levels to be praised by the community while the game is still fresh. That's all.

Thank you all for reading!

Edit: TL;DR. There are a ton of levels posted, and I want to organize featured levels for everybody to play. A small team of people will pick 3 levels, and everybody will vote for the favorite to be put on the OP.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We have a lot of fans of Super Mario Maker 2 here, so I figured I would share my contest with everyone here.
MarioMakerBanner2.png
As apart of the campaign I am running for Super Mario RPG: LOTSS, we are doing a Super Mario Maker 2 contest and everyone here is more than welcome to enter! The link provided below will include rules and an entry form you can use for the contest. We are offering four chances to win a full year membership of Nintendo Switch Online. A perfect opportunity if you are planning on renewing later in the year!

https://operationstarfall.com/mariomaker.html

A direct entry form can be found below as well as a link to our wish log. Entering a wish is also a great way to help boost our campaign! Please feel free to share this to all your friends, social media followers and content creators that you plan on sharing this with!

https://operationstarfall.com/index.php

Thanks again and best of luck!!!

#OperationStarFall

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I finally have a new course uploaded after a pretty good drought.

This course has a clear condition, where you have to defeat all 20 Piranha Creepers. Piranha Plants and Fire Piranha Plants are also present.

For some Piranha Creepers, you will have to utilize the Red POW Blocks to defeat them. Also, all Piranha Creepers are on the main path, so it should be impossible to miss any of them.

As you progress through the course, you will notice a set of Hard Blocks that compose a number. The number indicates how many Piranha Creepers you should've defeated at that point. And you must make sure that you meet that amount before advancing any further, because there is no backtracking; if you don't defeat all the Piranha Creepers upon reaching the goal flagpole, you will have to restart the course all over again.

On a side note, with no checkpoints present, you are given multiple opportunities to acquire a Super Mushroom or Fire Flower.

I've tested the course thoroughly to ensure that it's possible to complete it without taking any damage, especially when playing as Small Mario. Also, while I did plan to give players a way to backtrack, I had to scrap that idea, since defeated Piranha Creepers can respawn, even if there's a clear condition that requires you to defeat them; the timer is another factor to keep in mind.

And for those who missed my previous courses, here they are again...

Course Maker ID

YL4-0ST-9FF

Courses

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I have a few new courses I'd like to share.

Super Luigi 2 (a sequel to a Wii U level) 81D-K26-Y5G
SMB1 Ground (Night)

Bowser's Army (Remake of a Wii U level) - NTW-NG8-F0H
SMB3 Castle (Day)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm working on a stage but I'm testing out ideas. I have one but I'm not sure how to implement it.

I'm also disappointed that boxes can't activate P-Switches. I have an idea for a stage where you are underwater and have to use boxes to activate P-Switches

Edit: Or crates, whatever they are called.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Zomb-shroom Escape

G6P-3W0-WGF

A Mario 3 Ground Level set at night. Escape the dreadful Zombshroom horde and find the mystery behind their sudden outbreak...

Have Fun!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Course #8 is now up.

My first autoscrolling course. I designed this course to try to resemble airships, and the primary hazard is the Bullet Bill, along with its homing variant (the Cat Bullet Bill). Banzai Bills and Bob-ombs are also present. At the end is a battle against Pom Pom (hence the name of the course).

Fully tested to ensure that you can clear the course damage-free, even as Small Mario. Of course, you'll have to use a good amount of jumping skills for some of the Bullet Bill attacks.

Top Bottom