• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I guess IC's infinites(brawl) is not banned (more then for stalling when CThrowing above 300%), if so put me on the interested list^^

porc

Smash Journeyman
To tell you the truth I am not really aware of Brawl general ruleset. We'll eventually need help (later...) to put on an accurate ruleset.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Not confirmed yet, we're still working on it.
Still have to open a bank account, get an insurance, make a few phone calls...

Please be patient, we'll provide you with the infos as soon as possible !

cp2

Smash Rookie
Im also interested, but im not sure at all, im from spain (too) so isnt extremely far. I wish i dont have any problems

PD: A lot of people is saying that wil go, so 96 may be a low number

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Do anyone know the cheapest way to get to Lyon from Gothenburg?
Like, is there any airport near Lyon that Ryanair is flying to?

Lufthansa and some other airlines, that flew from Gothenburg to Lyon, would cost me 300 euros. =/

porc

Smash Journeyman
Fragmads : Where are you from ?

Aniolas :

We have an airport at Grenoble, which is very close, but no Ryanair connection with Sweden, only England.

With Ryanair, you can go to Milan (Italy) or Marseille (France). Look on a map, both are not that far from Lyon. I know that a train from Marseille to Lyon is around 30€ (if you take care of it more than a month in advance).

I see you can also try EasyJet, from Stokholm to Genève (Switzerland). Genève is actually pretty close to Lyon.

For train travel, I recomend this website : http://www.tgv-europe.com (but keep in mind that you can't put your age in the research, which oftenly offers you discounts)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yo did just some cost research from london..

£34 stansted to grenoble + £13 coach return + 10 euros each way to lyon? >>

£48/£53 easyjet Stansted to Lyon + train fare to airport

im thinking of either going to yuna's tourney or both this summer, atm this is looking unlikley

porc

Smash Journeyman
Easyjet brings you to the Lyon airport. The venue is like 10mins from this airport, and as it is mentioned in the first post, we can pick people up there ! =)

porc

Smash Journeyman
Is this 10 mins walk?
if so, easyjet to lyon is seeming like a cheaper option at the moment
No, by car ! But we can pick you up.

Question: How is the connection from Bordeaux to Lyon? What's the cheapest/quickest/easiest way to travel?
We don't have long distance bus within France territory, and plane would be too expensive. So the only option left is the Train : around 7h30 of travelling -_- but "only" 40€ (there and back) if you book your tickets soon enough (between 1 and 2 month in advance). I say "only" because train is usually much more expensive for such a distance.

BUT, I know that bGn, a smash boy from Bordeaux, is interested in coming. Maybe you can try contact him and see if he plans on travelling by car :o (hopefully with other people...).
His msn is : fear_me at h.o.t.m.a.i.l..f.r

Well actually I just asked him and right now he doesn't know anything. But maybe you can try in a little while...

Tamoo

Smash Master
Porc: Would it be safe for me to start booking aeroplane tickets for my friends to come to this event yet?

I dont wanna book and then find out there's not enough space for us in the venue

And i wanna book as soon as possible otherwise the prices are gonna start to rise :S

porc

Smash Journeyman
Please wait something like 2 weeks. Hopefully less, we'll warn you when it's safe. No more than 2 weeks.

Things are looking good but we still need to deal with a few things during this week.

Thanks for your patience, I know the tournament is not that far from now.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Now is definately the time to confirm >96 spots Porc, I can almost guarantee you that with Mango and M2K being interested the sign ups and confirmations will come flooding in.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
looking at the first page made me go nuts

the time.... the coool money sign ...

!!!!!!

FREE PLAY!?!!?!?!

raaaaaaaaaaape

porc

Smash Journeyman
Now is definately the time to confirm >96 spots Porc, I can almost guarantee you that with Mango and M2K being interested the sign ups and confirmations will come flooding in.
Believe me, I know. We're going as fast as we can.

Mango, M2k, Scar (...), if you don't have a passport, I guess you should hurry. When I got mine for Genesis it took something like a whole month.

EDIT : Oh and, first post is not 100% accurate, it's been written when we thought we would have about 64 participants. It needs some changes, and it's gonna be done when we're sure about the second venue, which is soon. For example, I don't think we'll do a low tier tournament, and the entering price may go a little higher.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i think u can rush it and pay more or something

edit - i was looking for tickets there 900 dollars roundtrip

AND its a 18 hour trip..

U GUYS ARE THAT FAR AWAY GOD DAM!!!

lol

Retroking2000

Smash Master
if its your first time getting a passport it takes the whole month

only if you renew it can take a day /week - depending on how much you pay for fast service

edit - 900 dollars thats crazy X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom