• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

super important question that deserves its own thread

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Time to super hype this. Or be called a scrub.

Matchup:
Ganon vs Diddy

Requirements:
Ganon has a banana.

1.Ganon flame chokes.
2.Glide toss the banana down, but moves forward.
3.Ganon flame chokes.
4.Ganon PIVOTS and picks up banana, glide tosses the banana down, BUT MOVES BACKWARDS.
5.Ganon flame chokes.

It goes in a circle starting on steps 4 and 5.

KO's by pivot grab banana, glide down, forward smash.

It gets really tiring to do, it doesn't seem Diddy can escape... I only have one controller, otherwise I'd test on human players.

I was able to do it against a level 3, 6, and 9 computer without them being able to escape.

I'll get a video of it tomorrow.

EDIT: Timing is suppppppppppppper strict <_< sometimes I'll get it, and sometimes they are able to roll/attack out of it...
EDIT: Sometimes I do a far glide toss that makes me go behind Diddy Kong, ****ing this up. -_- did anyone know Ganon even has a far glide toss? lol

SuSa

I've only been able to do it from 0% to 80% + a few times before I mess it up.

Glide toss forward seems to have 4 distances.

1) Horrible
2) Still bad, but SLIGHTTTLLLY further
3) further still
4) You go PAST Diddy.

1 and 4 are bad. 4 makes it so the infinite stops, but you can end it with a fsmash (the other way)

1 makes everything **** up, you won't be able to pivot and grab the banana... you'll just ftilt. -_-

2 makes your backwards glide toss to short, you'll miss hitting with the banana, it will land in front of Diddy.

3 seems to be perfect.

EDIT:

After the first repetition of steps 5-6, you may be able to eliminate the pivot from this. Testing it now (so you'd just press A to pick up the banana again)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
What do you mean Ganon pivots?

When you throw the banana at Diddy the first time, it ends up away from the two of you after his slide.

And I knew he had a far glide toss. If anyone believes me. >_>

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well Ganon gets an 11 frame advantage on Diddy from a flame choke. His downwards banana throw takes 8 frames. DK takes 7 frames to pick up an item so I doubt Ganon can pick it up and start the backwards glide toss glide toss in 3 frames.

Computers generally are a few frames slow when it comes to reacting out of a trip too so that may be how you got it to work on them. Lol I'm gonna try this out but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

SuSa

Ok. Here's a step by step detailed down to everything.

Flame Choke.
Glide Toss Down --> Moving forward
Flame Choke.
Buffer a Pivot.
Jab to pick up Banana, then immediately shield and Glide Toss Down --> Moving BACKWARDS this time.
Flame Choke.
Repeat starting with Buffer a Pivot.

Instances if you failed:
1) You will ftilt instead of grabbing the banana
2) When you glide toss backwards, the banana won't make Diddy slip again (didn't glide toss far enough)
3) Diddy was able to roll/getup (he may be able to, again.. I'm testing on a CPU which is HORRIBLE. :/ but I've been able to land it to an fsmash on a CPU - and other times the CPU escapes.
4) You glide toss to far, end up behind Diddy. You can still fsmash from this thankfully.

EDIT:

@ Big O
:( I'm not really getting my hopes up.. but wanted to share. =p

EDIT:

You can also start it with:
Glide toss down+backwards

Then start with all the pivoting parts and such.

I find this method far more situational, but far easier to start. :x

EDIT:
Everything must be buffered. I think this has to be frame perfect. :/

EDIT:
Confirmed. When done perfectly, you can eliminate the pivoting to grab the banana. Simply grab it, glide toss down while moving forward. and flame choke.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
SuSa, can you provide us a video? We'll be able to get a better understanding.

SuSa

Friend managed to borrow control. We tested.

I feel stupid.

Either that, or I was ****ing it up, which is possible because he's a scrub (Wants to face his level 9 cpu) and got bored fast so we only tested it like 3 times.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Actually a lot of rolls on the floor do have frame one invincibility. People like Marth are the oddballs with his away roll having frame 2 invincibility.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well I just tried the glide toss thing and against Diddy the Glide toss banana Dthrow gives a 30 frame advantage and a weak Dtrhow gives a 29 frame advantage. When I buffered jab and turn around jabs I couldn't grab the banana. He has frame one invincibility on all of his actions out of trip including attack. Picking up a banana takes 7 frames for Ganon and it seems that I couldn't pick it up until it was level with his stomach. By then you wouldn't have enough time to flame choke.

SuSa

The banana is on the ground when you pick it up.

Imagine the:

"Flame Choke > GT dthrow > Fsmash" combo
except it goes:
"Flame Choke > GT Dthrow > Flame Choke > Buffer turn around+Grab item > GT dthrow > flame choke"

EDIT:
Also going by sight, it doesn't seem to take 7 frames for Ganon to pick up an item, it sort of skips his grabbing animation, the item just appears magicly in his hand. Then again, I could be wrong. <_< But it doesn't seem 7 frames slow :x

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well it teleports into his hand on frame 3 but he can't do anything until frame 7 (when he stands upright). I just tried it again doing Flame Choke > Glide Toss Dthrow > Flame Choke > Buffered regrab of banana > Flame Choke. The buffered regrab leaves enough room for the Diddy to escape the glide toss Dthrow.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm glad to see you're experimenting with Ganon, Susa.

Though the best "easy combo" is
Banana Choke -> Stomp -> Uair (52%)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
that would have been so epic if ganon had an infinite on Diddy though. Which means it isn't worth forgetting altogether IMO.

Top Bottom