• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And now that I look at it, you took out the last three words of the sentence.

The full sentence is this:
x1 as a player feels no need or motive to post anything that he doesn't feel with progress the game towards catching scum.
Which shows that I was referring to how he plays as town.

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
@zen: 1) not highlighting "towards catching scum" is not taking your quotation out of context. if he is town, the catching scum is progressing the game. regardless, it would make no difference if i highlighted that or not. 2) it is day 1 and x1 was posting his current opinions on players. explain to me why that is feigning to pay attention? your case is reaching.

@beatstick: At the start of a game, I do not have to explain myself if I say that I think another player is town, or if I think that an argument between two players is town vs town. This is because we are not hunting other townspeople, we are hunting scum. If I think that they are both town, I will simply not vote them; if you are trying to get something on record for me, or if you think that I am scum and you are trying to get me to explain myself, do not ask me why I think these player are innocent, because you will learn far, far more if you ask me who I think is guilty. Accusations require burden of proof in this context.

Beat!

Smash Master
Well, that's convenient. Especially for scum, since they can respond to all cases that don't follow their game plan with "naw they're town ask me something else".

But fine. How many scum picks do you have so far?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@zen: 1) not highlighting "towards catching scum" is not taking your quotation out of context. if he is town, the catching scum is progressing the game. regardless, it would make no difference if i highlighted that or not. 2) it is day 1 and x1 was posting his current opinions on players. explain to me why that is feigning to pay attention? your case is reaching.
1. Then why did you leave it out? The fact that he would be trying to catch scum implies that he is town. Scum don't try and catch scum. They try and act like it.

2. He didn't give opinions, he posted things that they did that do not have anything to do with alignment.

@beatstick: At the start of a game, I do not have to explain myself if I say that I think another player is town, or if I think that an argument between two players is town vs town. This is because we are not hunting other townspeople, we are hunting scum.
Then why are you calling me scum for calling people town in my posts? If this is not what you were voting me for, then what are you voting me for?

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
@zen: prove to me that as town x1 never posts his thoughts on multiple players, especially early game, unless he is "~directly progressing towards catching scum~" and i may consider voting with you.

HOWEVER

x1 simply pointed out that he did not believe that BS (congratulations on your new nickname) should be holding hands this early in his gaming experience, and that is ABSOLUTELY REASONABLE. however, BS continued to ask question after question of his x1's motivation, ultimately reaching a point where he disagreed with x1 over motivation behind motivation. this is terrible reasoning and also absolutely reaching, because BS is essentially voting x1 because x1 said he shouldnt be buddying which is not scummy but only SEEMS scummy after BS pulls him through hoop after hoop of questioning. x1 seems to be acting NORMAL, BS seems to be acting MISINFORMED, and therefore i agree it is tvt

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@zen: prove to me that as town x1 never posts his thoughts on multiple players, especially early game, unless he is "~directly progressing towards catching scum~" and i may consider voting with you.
Bus.

HOWEVER

x1 simply pointed out that he did not believe that BS (congratulations on your new nickname) should be holding hands this early in his gaming experience, and that is ABSOLUTELY REASONABLE. however, BS continued to ask question after question of his x1's motivation, ultimately reaching a point where he disagreed with x1 over motivation behind motivation. this is terrible reasoning and also absolutely reaching, because BS is essentially voting x1 because x1 said he shouldnt be buddying which is not scummy but only SEEMS scummy after BS pulls him through hoop after hoop of questioning. x1 seems to be acting NORMAL, BS seems to be acting MISINFORMED, and therefore i agree it is tvt
Vanderzant also agreed to do the same thing with me. X1's reasoning for why Beat shouldn't have done it was because he is a new player. Beat has shown to be quite capable and x1 knows this.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ryker, the core of my post was not meta. 4 of my points were non-meta related. 1 of my points was meta related.

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
Well, that's convenient. Especially for scum, since they can respond to all cases that don't follow their game plan with "naw they're town ask me something else".

But fine. How many scum picks do you have so far?
it is convenient to EVERYONE because no one is BURDENED by having to prove to other players why they think someone is INNOCENT

are you daft? people are not held accountable for what they take no part in! they are held accountable for what they DO!

so far i have ZERO scum picks

correct.

1. Then why did you leave it out? The fact that he would be trying to catch scum implies that he is town. Scum don't try and catch scum. They try and act like it.
i simply highlighted what i found appropriate and it did not even occur to me to highlight the next three words. however, leaving them out and including them accomplishes the same goal.

2. He didn't give opinions, he posted things that they did that do not have anything to do with alignment.

Then why are you calling me scum for calling people town in my posts? If this is not what you were voting me for, then what are you voting me for?
on day 1, that is giving opinions. he said, IIRC, that certain players were still OK in his book and that BS was being dumb for buddying. how are those not opinions, saying that some players are OK?

my vote is on you for your post 109 when you stated that you and beat were on the same side.

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
Is this you "schooling" the "new kids"?
you obv. have no idea how burden of proof works, so yes, this is the beginning.

explanation? i am challenging you to prove where your meta is correct because it seems like bull****. where is a bus?

Vanderzant also agreed to do the same thing with me. X1's reasoning for why Beat shouldn't have done it was because he is a new player. Beat has shown to be quite capable and x1 knows this.
i will wait for x1 to say this himself

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
i am stating that his argument holds no merit because it is partly based on meta and also that i doubt he can prove that his meta is reliable and x1 is scum because he stated 4 people look cool atm because the other part of his argument states that x1 is scum because x1 thinks BS buddying is uneducated and that is both meta as well and also stretched out to hell by BS's repeated questions

zen is gheb right about your statement? cuz he explained it and u didnt.

Red Ryu that question/answer is obviously outdated as i have given up. and kevin will probably be real sad @ me.

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
OH MY GOD YOU ARE JUST POSTING PICTURES THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO DISCUSSION OR PROVIDE YOUR OWN OPINIONS OR ANY CONTENT AT ALL AND IT ALSO LIMITS YOUR SCUMHUNTING ABILITY AND THEREFORE I WILL VOTE YOU AND NEVER LET GO

wait what

Beat!

Smash Master
@Gheb

Touché

You weren't on the douchebag list, though.

w/e, enough off topic.

Guess I'll just wait for something else to work with.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Loving this game.

Radical Fiction has received a punishment for Day 1. This will go away at twilight.

Note: Mod votes cannot be a hammer vote.

Vote Count:

Radical Fiction - MOD, Vanderzant

Vanderzant - Nabe,

Zen - Gheb, Moriarty, Radical Fiction,

Gheb - X1-12,

X1-12 - Zen, Beatstick

Not Voting: Circus, th3Kuzinator, GLG, HepAlien, Red Ryu, Rajam, Dark Horse

15 Players remain.
It takes 8/15 to lynch.
Deadline is April 1st at 3 p.m. EST

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
boy this game started off with a bang. i've gotta say, these pictures make forum mafia a lot more colorful than i was expecting. but they're kind of distracting for me. mind if i steer this ship in a slightly different direction?

BeatStick, if someone else had asked you to "hold their hand," would you have followed so eagerly? i'm wondering if Zen is someone you specifically find easy to trust.

Zen, i think i get what you're saying about BeatStick, but why do you think kuzinator and Nabe are town?

while i'm here.

HepAlien: Hi, what brings you to dGames? What do you think of Moriarty's posting style? Do you think they will be useful?
i know Overswarm irl, he asked me to play. like i said, i think the pictures are kind of distracting, if that's what you're talking about. i don't really see the point of them. but it looks like Moriarty's done with them so i don't think it matters.

Beat!

Smash Master
BeatStick, if someone else had asked you to "hold their hand," would you have followed so eagerly? i'm wondering if Zen is someone you specifically find easy to trust.
Possibly not. We got along pretty good during FE (well, at least until I had to turn my back on him), and he's been one of the more friendly people here, so I didn't mind holding hands with him.

Top Bottom