• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What goes on here? Zen's being overzealous and BeatStick's being a sheep and Moriarty and RadFic are being bullies and everyone's hot under the collar but no one's being scummy yet.

And all of the people I don't know are the ones who aren't talking.

Vote: Rajam

I don't know you. What's up, stranger?

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
Possibly not. We got along pretty good during FE (well, at least until I had to turn my back on him), and he's been one of the more friendly people here, so I didn't mind holding hands with him.
ok. do you think your friendliness will get in the way of seeing clearly in this game? the hand your holding belongs to the person who currently has the most votes on them. does that bother you at all?

Beat!

Smash Master
I will do everything I can to be open for all possibilities, so hopefully I'll see things clearly.

The votes being on Zen doesn't bother me as much as the votes not being on players I think deserve them more.

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
i assume you mean X1-12. personally i don't see what's so suspicious about him so far. i read Zen's big post and he seems pretty confident, but it seems like a lot of fuss over nothing to me.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I'm here! Anyway, I read the thread and I have some questions that I need to ask.

@Vanderzant: What determined if a person got a real question or just a 'sup?'
And no, we haven't played since.

@Nabe: Why did you let someone else be watson?

@Beatstick: Whats your real opinion on Zen, especially with reference to him calling you town before you made a single post in this game. Does that worry you at all?
More importantly, why aren't you trying to convince people to put their votes on someone you want to have votes if it bothers you so much?

@Zen: If you already said this I must have missed it, why did you call beatstick town before he posted? How could you have determined anything about how he was going to play in this game before he posted?

@Rajam:
I really think Zen and beat need more pressure right now.

Beat!

Smash Master
I have tried to get more votes on X1. I was told how bad I was, and then I was told to shut up. By more than 1 person, which makes it hard to argue against. I'm not going to try and convince more people to vote X1 again until I have more to work with, because it's clearly not happening atm.

As for Zen, I haven't seen anything inherently scummy, and I didn't think his post about X1 was bad, unlike everyone else, although I guess I'm kinda "biased", since I wanted votes on X1 before he made it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I really don't think Zen and Beat need any more pressure right now. Zen's already got three votes on him and I don't think they would even be necessary to get him to talk. And Beat doesn't seem to be biting his tongue either. Would rather look into Rajam, Dark Horse, Kuz, etc.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This just in: You can still be ninja'd if you're previewing a post. :urg:

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
i am stating that his argument holds no merit because it is partly based on meta and also that i doubt he can prove that his meta is reliable and x1 is scum because he stated 4 people look cool atm because the other part of his argument states that x1 is scum because x1 thinks BS buddying is uneducated and that is both meta as well and also stretched out to hell by BS's repeated questions

zen is gheb right about your statement? cuz he explained it and u didnt.

Red Ryu that question/answer is obviously outdated as i have given up. and kevin will probably be real sad @ me.
Nah don't worry about it booboo its like we're losing the training weights we've been forced to play with the last few games ;).

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
If I eventually get good at mafia, do I have to turn into a douchebag, or is it optional?
You won't be good don't worry.

@Gheb

Touché

You weren't on the douchebag list, though.

w/e, enough off topic.

Guess I'll just wait for something else to work with.
You don't have to wait for something else to work with, you just have to back up your X-1 case with a stronger case then just you speaking for his motivation. Something he will clearly know better of then you. If you want to propose a case on another player, you can't say "How is _____ not scum" because as our REALLY easy to follow pictures have shown, the burdon of proof is on the accusee not the accused. As of now you're just posting a lot of fluff and hiding behind other players when called out on it.

Possibly not. We got along pretty good during FE (well, at least until I had to turn my back on him), and he's been one of the more friendly people here, so I didn't mind holding hands with him.
If you are going to follow people based on their attitude in this game, I want you lynched early because you will just be a liability in Mylo/Lylo. Are your reads honestly goin to be skewed with Zen because he's nice to you vs people that are less personable in a game they take seriously?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I really don't think Zen and Beat need any more pressure right now. Zen's already got three votes on him and I don't think they would even be necessary to get him to talk. And Beat doesn't seem to be biting his tongue either. Would rather look into Rajam, Dark Horse, Kuz, etc.
Is this because the three of them have been nonexistant(as well as myself and a few others) since game started?

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
ok. do you think your friendliness will get in the way of seeing clearly in this game? the hand your holding belongs to the person who currently has the most votes on them. does that bother you at all?
Hey this RB Rebecca girls got it exactly. Gold star for D1.

I will do everything I can to be open for all possibilities, so hopefully I'll see things clearly.

The votes being on Zen doesn't bother me as much as the votes not being on players I think deserve them more.
What players do you believe deserve them more or is it still only X-1.

If so then again I implore you to make a clear and concise case on X-1 that can highlight the stronger parts of why you think he's scum. Don't go into a lot of fluffy details that are going to dilute your main points, just give us a clear case of why he's scum. So far I've seen a case that has REALLY weak reaching points on things that wouldn't even condemn him in the first place.

What goes on here? Zen's being overzealous and BeatStick's being a sheep and Moriarty and RadFic are being bullies and everyone's hot under the collar but no one's being scummy yet.

And all of the people I don't know are the ones who aren't talking.

Vote: Rajam

I don't know you. What's up, stranger?
Nothing to comment on really for all thats gone on in almost 200 posts? You just gave a quick caricature of D1 some of it painting players in negative lights and then gave no further elaboration.

I have tried to get more votes on X1. I was told how bad I was, and then I was told to shut up. By more than 1 person, which makes it hard to argue against. I'm not going to try and convince more people to vote X1 again until I have more to work with, because it's clearly not happening atm.

As for Zen, I haven't seen anything inherently scummy, and I didn't think his post about X1 was bad, unlike everyone else, although I guess I'm kinda "biased", since I wanted votes on X1 before he made it.
See my last statement towards you

Then grill them.

Currently you're just defending to players for a measly 3 votes and saying look elsewhere without doing anything yourself.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Zen's case is, to say the least, reaching. He attack X1 for "just stating facts", yet he showed some opinions and reads? Why does zen not seek to realize this?

Baaaad vibe from circus' 241. Really wishy-washy, with him just stating what he's seen the game, but he says "nobody's scummy", and, as a matter of fact, doesn't take a stance on anything that he just stated?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Just processed what beat said.

You're hiding hands...because he's being nice?

What's more, why the posthumous evidence? You've been hand holding for longer than this string of attacks on you.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Nothing to comment on really for all thats gone on in almost 200 posts? You just gave a quick caricature of D1 some of it painting players in negative lights and then gave no further elaboration.
Man, you aren't being any fun. To answer your question, no I don't see much to comment on because everything I've seen in the last several posts looks like people getting ragefaced at other people over nulltells. As a result, I decided to try a different direction. Go ahead and walk while I chew some gum.

Then grill them.

Currently you're just defending to players for a measly 3 votes and saying look elsewhere without doing anything yourself.
I can't grill someone who isn't here. My vote's on Rajam. I don't even know where to begin asking questions considering I don't know the first thing about most of the people in this game. I just want to see some posts, so this is me trying to provide some small incentive.

Also, I'm not defending anyone. I just don't see the point in continuing to waterboard the suspect when he's already clearly willing to talk.

@DH: Huh? How is saying "nobody's been acting scummy" not taking a stance?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You say a bunch of things, yet you then say "nobody's acting scummy"

The more I think about, the more it seems like fake contributing.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Alright. Might be a clue that you're thinking about it too much. There was meant to be a certain level of humor in that post. It's the first day of D1. It shouldn't be all that difficult to believe that I don't see any actual scum signals yet.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hep: Can you answer my pre game questions please n_n. This is your first forum game, yeah? How much non-forum have you played?

DH, what is your read on x1?

glg what are your thoughts on x1 and Mori? Why did you say "@Rajam"???

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god so much crap.

So do you believe I am town or are you making the assumption?
Gheb, why do you think I'm scum? Is it from "the same side" post that Mori quoted or is there more reason? Also what do you think Mori is pointing out as scummy about that post? The fact that I am calling Beat town? Or the semantics of me saying "the same side" as opposed to "both town"?

Oh and Gheb what do you infer the reason would be that Mori would facepalm at this post:
In fact does anyone understand what about this post makes Mori is facepalming at? I can understand the others from an outside perspective because of my town assumptions. But this post leads me to believe he is simply attempting to put me with more than there is.
Because I'm town and I think Beat is town, thus we would be on the same side where as last game we were on opposing sides.
n___n

I wouldn't even say assuming, more going along with your ideas to see where they got us in terms of building discussion. Your alignment obv didn't impact at all on me holding hands with you at that stage (how could it?).

Were your thoughts on Kuz being town legit or was it just a Day 1 stance for the heck of it? I wasn't sure at the time and still am not, so explain please.

This kind of question sucks.

This question is good though.
...I think asking someone I've never played with before who they've played with is useful info.

I'm here! Anyway, I read the thread and I have some questions that I need to ask.

@Vanderzant: What determined if a person got a real question or just a 'sup?'
And no, we haven't played since.
'Sup' if I know them or have played with them enough times before (or recently). Question if I don't know much about them or was scum in the past against them so don't remember them.

More in a sec

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
X1 is null, I can see him trying to rev up discussion, but I have admit, it really isn't making much of an impact.

Your case on X1 is bad.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vandy I was and am serious for the time being.

DH how many scum do you think are in the game? DH, do you think I'm town? DH, hi n_n.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hey this RB Rebecca girls got it exactly. Gold star for D1.

What players do you believe deserve them more or is it still only X-1.

If so then again I implore you to make a clear and concise case on X-1 that can highlight the stronger parts of why you think he's scum. Don't go into a lot of fluffy details that are going to dilute your main points, just give us a clear case of why he's scum. So far I've seen a case that has REALLY weak reaching points on things that wouldn't even condemn him in the first place.

See my last statement towards you

Then grill them.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Wanna see X1 himself respond to Zens case. Agree with most that it's kind of reaching.

Responding defensively to a question is not scummy, unless it's built on meta, which is shaky for something so small.

Pointing out things that have no real merit or benefit for town isn't scummy. I could point out a bazillion things in this thread that do not help town, but it does't equate to the players posting them being scum because of it. Especially since this particular point on X1 is based on a small instance. It's different if it's based on a entire play style but so far X1 hasn't posted much.

Again you can only really link that back to a scumtell using meta... which is shaky so early.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vandy you should post more thoughts.

Vandy what was the purpose of asking me why I asked you how to determine if you are town? Doesn't the question explanatory in itself?

Vandy what were you hoping to accomplish by asking Kuz if he likes being scum? What would his answer have done for you that is.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Agree with this.

Do you still think X1 is scum after you saw players post why the case on him is bunk? Do you have other reasoning to believe he is scum, where is your case/thoughts on him? Your #172 was basically that he posted pointless stuff... yet he's not the only player who has done this, yet why haven't you shown similar dislike to players like Radical/Ryu who are pointing out useless stuff with pictures?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@zen

1. Right now, I can't tell. Due to the fact that this is an Os game, night action will probably be he deciding factor in guessing the setup.

2. nope. Your case on X1 was reaching, you had voted X1 when he had attacked beat (chainsaw-and I can always predict), and you've overall done nothing to convince me you're town.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vandy you should post more thoughts.

Vandy what was the purpose of asking me why I asked you how to determine if you are town? Doesn't the question explanatory in itself?

Vandy what were you hoping to accomplish by asking Kuz if he likes being scum? What would his answer have done for you that is.
Posting as I read stuff multiple times, you'll be the first to know.

I thought you'd already know how I play as town/scum and didn't see the point to the question in the first place.

I was trying to determine why you thought he wouldn't hydra if he was scum. I still don't know what your reasoning for this line of thought was. I had an inkling you were basing your reasoning on knowing Kuz's personality.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Vanderzant, when I asked you if you believed I was town you responded that the game has just started, implying that it was too early too tell. Why then did you feel the need to ask others what they felt about me? Would it not be too early for them as well or are you just an exception? :s

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I specifically asked Kuz that because I was interested if he agreed with your line of thinking that "he wouldn't hydra as scum"

Also Vanderzant, when I asked you if you believed I was town you responded that the game has just started, implying that it was too early too tell. Why then did you feel the need to ask others what they felt about me? Would it not be too early for them as well or are you just an exception? :s
I wanted to see others try to interpret Moriarty's vote and picture case on you. I didn't except an answer of "Zen is scum" more a comment on your style so far and what thoughts they'd gathered on you so far. Moriarty's push on you at the time was the most interesting thing that had happened.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you were trying to determine my thoughts, then why did you ask Kuz whether or not he liked being scum or w/e? If it wasn't clear how I came to the town conclusion, why did you not state so? At first you only said that you didn't get why Beat was town. The lack of mentioning that you didn't understand the Kuz logic either indirectly implies that you did not have the same concern as with Beat.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh and I specifically asked Kuz that because I was interested if he agreed with your line of thinking that "he wouldn't hydra as scum"

I wanted to see others try to interpret Moriarty's vote and picture case on you. I didn't except an answer of "Zen is scum" more a comment on your style so far and what thoughts they'd gathered on you so far. Moriarty's push on you at the time was the most interesting thing that had happened.

Top Bottom