• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Everyone has an ability or some sort. If you had scumbuddies out of: DH, Vand, Nabe, x1, glg, and perhaps others who have been in OS' games, they would have informed you of this when I asked you or before hand.

They would assume that what I was trying to get at was that if you answered 'yes' that you were town. And that if you answered 'no' you would be lying or that it would be suspicious if you didn't answer. So they would tell you to answer and to answer yes.

What I was looking for was to see if you would do so. If you did, then you would be scum. But since you did not see why you should answer, it furthers my view that you are town. Especially since you called for the opinions of others of the town. Where as scum would retreat to their buds to figure out what I was trying to get at before answering.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is this because the three of them have been nonexistant(as well as myself and a few others) since game started?
Sorry, I totally missed this post when I read through the first time. The answer is yes, but DH has obviously been posting more since I made that post (though his use of the word "posthumous" confuses me).

On the topic of things that confuse me: the way Zen is playing. Zen, the conversation you just had with BeatStick looks like it was really pointless to me. In fact, I'm see a lot of fluff in your posts. It seems super unlikely that scum would put themselves as directly in the spotlight as you're putting yourself, but I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with half of the questions you're asking.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Zen, I guess that makes some sense, but this seems like an inefficient way of going about things, especially when you already thought BeatStick was town. Solidifying people as town doesn't seem as important as looking for scum on D1.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
On the topic of things that confuse me: the way Zen is playing. Zen, the conversation you just had with BeatStick looks like it was really pointless to me. In fact, I'm see a lot of fluff in your posts. It seems super unlikely that scum would put themselves as directly in the spotlight as you're putting yourself, but I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with half of the questions you're asking.
What else besides that?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Nothing, really. That's pretty much it. That's why I stopped there.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen, I guess that makes some sense, but this seems like an inefficient way of going about things, especially when you already thought BeatStick was town. Solidifying people as town doesn't seem as important as looking for scum on D1.
Yes it does. The more accurate town reads the have. The better chance you have at finding scum. You don't waste time looking where there's nothing to be found.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes it does. The more accurate town reads the have. The better chance you have at finding scum. You don't waste time looking where there's nothing to be found.
That seems inefficient, like I said. At least on D1. If you're in endgame, I can understand the desire to clear people and see if you can find scum by process of elimination. But on D1, I don't get it. There's a very good chance that many of the people you psuedo-clear will die through various means in the Night. Then we're back at square one. Plus, there are a lot of townies to try and clear, and only a handful of scum. You're trying to find the needles in this haystack by locating the individual pieces of hay and plucking them out first.

What do you even mean when you say "you don't waste time looking where there's nothing to be found?" Isn't that exactly what you thought you were doing with BeatStick? You were already pretty sure he's town, but you were checking to see if he could be scum anyway. Scum is in this game, so I don't get the "nothing to be found" thing here. If you look at people who actually seem like they could be scummy, then we might actually find them.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
I completely disagree with Circus on that one. Town reads are extremely important. However, Zen is full of bull**** in calling that a town read.

Would people care if we Day Vigged Zen right now? It kinda would end the day phase though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's not that I don't think town reads are important. I just think trying to confirm townies on D1 is much less important than looking for potential scum.

Don't vig Zen.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That seems inefficient, like I said. At least on D1. If you're in endgame, I can understand the desire to clear people and see if you can find scum by process of elimination. But on D1, I don't get it. There's a very good chance that many of the people you psuedo-clear will die through various means in the Night. Then we're back at square one. Plus, there are a lot of townies to try and clear, and only a handful of scum. You're trying to find the needles in this haystack by locating the individual pieces of hay and plucking them out first.
Whhhhaaaaaat?? Dude I declared Beat as town solely on meta. That is in no way a stable read. While I do believe he is town, I should still try and further that read if I can. It's not like people town hunt and scum hunt separately. They are one in the same. If Beat had answered differently, my read on him could have completely reversed. You do realize that Beat is not the only person I have questioned today? I'm not just going to look at one person or a couple of inactive on DAY 1 like you are. You make it seem as if I am putting all my energy and focus onto someone I already feel is town when really it was more like an "oh I have a quick idea to confirm my feelings of Beat" type of deal. Beat is the only person I could have even used that question on anyways due to lack of experience and particularly lack of experience in an OS game.

I don't see how furthering one's read is inefficient at all. There can always be scum among one's town reads. You're saying that they can be nked and I will have to start over, but I'm not the only one in this game. Scum isn't going to pick off each person that I find town. They will pick off people that the majority find town. Furthermore, I'm not stuck on just ONE town read. Discussion in the day allows us to move and hunt at a faster rate than scum can kill. Scum can kill once a night. I can look at every player in a single day. If I have five strong town reads by the end of day 1 and scum kills one during the night, that is in no way starting from square one as I still have four strong town reads and can continue to work off of that into d2.

So no, furthering one's town reads is not an inefficient way to play on day 1. Laying low, voting for someone who hasn't even posted is.
What do you even mean when you say "you don't waste time looking where there's nothing to be found?" Isn't that exactly what you thought you were doing with BeatStick? You were already pretty sure he's town, but you were checking to see if he could be scum anyway. Scum is in this game, so I don't get the "nothing to be found" thing here. If you look at people who actually seem like they could be scummy, then we might actually find them.
I was in a hurry and should have made that more clear. What I was saying is that if you can determine who is town, you wont waste time looking where there is nothing to be found as you go on. By gaining a strong town read on Beat, Vanderzant, etc. early, I don't have to ask them their thoughts on everything as time progresses. Instead I can focus more on those that I have not gained a strong town read on i.e focusing on scummier people.

"But Zen you should focus on scummy people now"

Which I am doing as well. It's a simultaneous process. I think X1 is scum. I was suspicious of Vanderzant, and I'm looking at/questioning unknowns such as Hep and Rajam as well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well I knew that much haha. I was wondering what the joke meant. Too lazy to go find it.

Well I'm off for the day. Maybe. We should lynch x1 or Clown. Would take either.

X1-12

Smash Champion
...I think asking someone I've never played with before who they've played with is useful info.
Why ask him who he can read best? Are you going to listen to his opinion of this player more? Why would you do that? Otherwise explain how that's useful.

Really shady votes by zen and beat. a first read says that zen is voting x1 because of his attack on him/beat, with beat following.
Having thought about it I'm inclined to believe Zen and Beat are town, Zen at least. Zen saying "Glad we're on the same side" is odd, but if they were scum, why would he ever post that in the thread? And don't say WIFOM, what would just be null. Mori is still town. Also in your #253 you make the mistake of thinking wishy-washy = scum. Its also not fake contributing, doing that would be trying to fake up a case, he's just admitting that he's got no reads. Its a null read at worst. Its also stupid to say Zen voted me because I voted Beat, Zen had just been making a case on me

@Vand: Why do you vote Gheb in #281? Do you think your vote will scare gheb into posting?

@RR: I'm interpreting #283 as you think Moriarty is a bully. Why? Mori hasn't been attacking only the weaker players and he's been making legitimate points, not using scare tactics. Quote something to show me him bullying and why that = scummy. Also are you allowed to show pictures with writing in? If some then please start doing that because some of your pictures are hard to interpret. Get a photobucket or something and upload paragraphs of writing in picture form.

Beat, ignore Zen he's probably scum

:059:
Really don't like this, I literally cannot see what Gheb is trying to achieve there. He's telling someone who finds him scummy to ignore the player who he's buddying with. Its not backed up with anything and its so futile if he's legitimately trying to convince Beat.

@RF & Gheb: Stop dancing around the outside of the game. Talk about the other one.

@RF: Has Swiss been a part of your Zen read?

Yes, let's lynch a player not even in the game. Why are you still alive again?

Seriously wtf. Lynch this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Really don't like this, I literally cannot see what Gheb is trying to achieve there. He's telling someone who finds him scummy to ignore the player who he's buddying with. Its not backed up with anything and its so futile if he's legitimately trying to convince Beat.
I'm sorry I don't support role fishing? Am I supposed to tell him to reveal his role already or what?

@RF & Gheb: Stop dancing around the outside of the game. Talk about the other one.
Got no scum read on him.

X1-12

Smash Champion
hmm, k I thought you were talking about just generally ignore Zen.

@Gheb: What about Circus, do you agree with RF and Zen that he's scum?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I haven't played with him in a while but I don't think he's particularly town. I'll weigh in more once people are speaking up but a bunch of players haven't posted yet.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I feel Nabe is town based off meta.
I feel Kuz is town because well I assume that the person he is hydraing with is playing his first game. Kuz decided to hydra after he saw others hydraing and after he had already received his role pm. If Kuz had gotten a scum pm I don't think he would choose this game to hydra/teach.
What meta? Why am I town?
Kuz point is really solid..

Everyone has an ability or some sort. If you had scumbuddies out of: DH, Vand, Nabe, x1, glg, and perhaps others who have been in OS' games, they would have informed you of this when I asked you or before hand.

They would assume that what I was trying to get at was that if you answered 'yes' that you were town. And that if you answered 'no' you would be lying or that it would be suspicious if you didn't answer. So they would tell you to answer and to answer yes.

What I was looking for was to see if you would do so. If you did, then you would be scum. But since you did not see why you should answer, it furthers my view that you are town. Especially since you called for the opinions of others of the town. Where as scum would retreat to their buds to figure out what I was trying to get at before answering.
This is solid too. Neither are clears, but assuming both are town is damn good.

Vote: Circus
What do you think of Beat? Does it differ from Zen's take? And what do you think of Gheb?

Curious as well about how X1 is the first and only player Gheb has taken seriously or posted seriously to up to this point.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus answer my #258 and then get lynched, scum.
That was a serious question?

No, not seeing anything scummy wasn't supposed to be humorous. The way I said it was supposed to be humorous. You're really wound up, guy.

@your 339: I'm not going to get into pointlessly dissecting your post, but there are a few things in here that I want to respond to.

First, you seem to be under the impression that the mafia is going to be the only one making kills at Night in this game. Considering it's a game by OS and it's relatively large, I think that's a foolish assumption to make.

Second, I didn't mean to imply that you were solely focused on BeatStick. My apologies. In fact, quite the contrary is true; you're all over the place. My point in bringing up the way you were talking to BeatStick was simply that I didn't think it was the best use of your time since BeatStick has shown that he's going to be contributing to the conversation regardless of questioning. His alignment will probably work itself more on it's own. That is why I think it is better to pressure people who are not talking, which is why my vote is on Rajam. And frankly, I've never understood why more people don't do this.

Lastly, just because I'm more interested in pressuring inactives doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to everyone else. I just don't think I need to directly interact with every player who posts in order to observe them and get reads on them. Maybe if my vote weren't the only one on Rajam, he would be more willing to talk.

I'm not trying to antagonize you, Zen. I just think this scattershot questioning your doing is unnecessary. And it forces a lot of the focus on the act of questioning itself rather than actually providing insight into any other players. It's mafia player masturbation. But maybe that just isn't my place to talk about. I don't have any dice, after all.

Will read the posts that ninja'd me in a moment.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What do you think of Beat? Does it differ from Zen's take? And what do you think of Gheb?
I think Beat is town in a completely non-meta way. Gheb's null. I disagree with his read on Zen, but I don't think that him having that read is itself scummy.

Also, for the record, I think when Zen said "Clown" he was talking about me. It's an unfortunate nickname that I believe he took from Swiss.

#HBC | Nabe

I know. Reread was mostly to verify what Gheb said, which is true. I still think his post to you had a more serious tone than his previous posts. Maybe because of the periods, while previously his posts were more like streams of consciousness and seemed like one-offs.

People talking about Gheb:

Unvote Vote Gheb

More from you please
Vand, why do you want more from gheb, even though he has Been contributing?
No from what I remember he's been calling Zen scum in the shadows and not too much else.
@Dark Horse: Look through Gheb's posts. Then tell me how he has been involved.
X1 and you. Gheb needs to be looked at as well.
Beat telling Moriarty his scumpicks in the last one.

#HBC | Nabe

First, you seem to be under the impression that the mafia is going to be the only one making kills at Night in this game. Considering it's a game by OS and it's relatively large, I think that's a foolish assumption to make.
Bolding is mine. Have you played OS games in the past?

I think Beat is town in a completely non-meta way. Gheb's null. I disagree with his read on Zen, but I don't think that him having that read is itself scummy.
Bolding is mine. You say here "in a completely non-meta way", which implies you have a specific reason to think he's town. Am I correct, and if so, what is it? Why did you feel the need to defeat Zen's meta on Beat, both of whom you seem to think are town?

Unvote

Not feeling it atm
Why not?

#HBC | Nabe

To add to the above, you say you disagree with Gheb on Zen, but that he might have reason to think the way he does. What is the reason to think the way he does? Has Gheb himself presented it? If not, can you? And why does what's presented not equal Zenscum?

Top Bottom