• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
The Mii Costume is literally the Assist Trophy model pasted on top of the Mii Brawler skeleton. The only real change is the multiple colours, which are a texture swap.
The Mii costume is probably an edit of the Bomberman Assist Trophy model. Plus, with Steve (Minecraft) now playable, and Bomberman getting a mii costume, both are already a step towards Bomberman getting promoted to playable in Smash 6.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Also look at say Zero. He has an assist and Mii Costume, but his costume just looks like a Mii cosplaying. This is literally Bomberman's model with alts, he's basically a moveset short of playable imo.
Bomberman and the mii fighter have similar proportions. Whereas, Zero is built differently from the mii fighters.

Dan

Smash Lord
I wonder how flexible they can be with the height of the Deluxe costumes... they are all clearly in the same height/body range (Geno would be the next logical fit for this)... I think at this point it's more fun to try to predict who the remaining Deluxe costumes will be. Isaac as a Sword... is he too tall? Shovel Knight as a Sword would be perfect. Ashley, Jeff, Knuckle Joe and Prince of Sablé could also fit and not look ridiculous regarding AT's.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how flexible they can be with the height of the Deluxe costumes... they are all clearly in the same height/body range (Geno would be the next logical fit for this)... I think at this point it's more fun to try to predict who the remaining Deluxe costumes will be. Isaac as a Sword... is he too tall? Shovel Knight as a Sword would be perfect. Ashley, Jeff, Knuckle Joe and Prince of Sablé could also fit and not look ridiculous regarding AT's.
Well, Isaac and Ashley were already costumes in base game. Shovel Knight would be neat though.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
While he was never expected to this dlc set at least its still a bit bumming that it kills his chances, but at the same time it may be a good sign, the fact that they went as far as having multiple alts in a way no other costume ever had may mean they value the character, maybe even planned him at some point for the dlc and this is the "remains" of it, since all you'd need now is the expressions and unique moveset.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Bomberman would have been in my top 3 if he hadn't already been an assist trophy (perhaps even my #1). He is definitely deserving but likely not happening. Sorry fans.

I totally dig his Mii costume and will get it.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
With all of the extra colors I'd say Bomberman's costume is a tier higher than the deluxe ones we've been getting. Ever since Bomberman was confirmed to be an AT I was hoping we could at least get a Mii costume for him (same with Shovel Knight), and somehow my wish was granted. In a future Smash Bros game I'm pretty confident that Bomberman will get upgraded to a real character.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
BOMBERMAN BOMBERMAN BOMBERMAN

...now what do we have to do to give Mii Brawler a Bomb special?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I've wanted Bomberman in Smash a long time.

I knew Bomberman as a fighter in Ultimate was a lost cause, so the Mii Outfit will make a good consolation prize. Unlike some of my other most wanteds, he actually seems to stand a chance next game (unless Konami is bought out by Sony. Then he's less likely than Goku).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Mii Costume is literally the Assist Trophy model pasted on top of the Mii Brawler skeleton. The only real change is the multiple colours, which are a texture swap.

This really should have been in the base game.
This seems to be the cheapest wave of Mii costumes to produce.

• Minecraft costumes are blocky, as expected.
  • Gil is a port from Smash 4
  • Bomberman uses the AT model as a base
  • Only Travis requires a brand-new, not blocky model.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If anything this also proves Sakurai REALLY likes Bomberman too. If Konami gets a rep in the next Smash it would without a doubt be Bomberman...but that's assuming Ultimate gets ported and they don't downsize the roster next time...if they do that then he may be unlikely.
Looks like Bomberman has a high chance for getting promoted to playable in Smash 6. At minimum, I want Bomberman's assist trophy to cut.

Last edited:

Minix0

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 288106

This is the final nail in Bobmerman's coffin but I can't say I'm too mad since this costume looks great.
It feels so wrong for Bomberman to be a mii costume. I mean, yeah it looks nice, but he should be a character. If Hudson was still around he'd be a character I feel like. Not having a game for almost a decade kind of kills any interest for a character.

Well, all I want now from Bomberman is a new game, a new single player one akin to Hero or 64 would be nice. I'd go for a remaster at this point even.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It feels so wrong for Bomberman to be a mii costume. I mean, yeah it looks nice, but he should be a character. If Hudson was still around he'd be a character I feel like. Not having a game for almost a decade kind of kills any interest for a character.

Well, all I want now from Bomberman is a new game, a new single player one akin to Hero or 64 would be nice. I'd go for a remaster at this point even.
Bomberman is already in perfect condition to be playable. Bomberman is more iconic than Erdrick (Dragon Quest), Reimu (Touhou), Shanate, etc.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
my only issue is not coming with a track.. i mean.. just teh track used in the trailer, would been something. Still looking decently. the 8 colors is a pretty neat thing.

cybersai

Smash Ace

Konami got Castlevania this time and be glad Bomberman is represented at all. I never understood the mindset that a character deserves more than any other, there's only a few available slots for DLC so it's obvious every fan requested character wouldn't make the cut.

This only gives Bomberman far more brand awareness especially for people who never played any of his games.

Reactions: Voe

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Well seeing as Terry Bogard doesn't use a sword or melee weapons in Fatal Fury and he can use them in Smash now I think it's safe to say that it wouldn't be jarring for Bomberman to use them. ;)
Ma'am, if Bomberman eventually gets promoted to playable in Smash 6, I don't think cutting Terry (King of Fighters) and Ren (Persona) to make way for Bomberman and Crash Bandicoot would be a good idea. But what would be optimal, would be to demote/relegate Bayonetta and Lilac (Freedom Planet) to assist trophies and mii costumes in return because they are too obscure for now.

I know that everyone certainly would be happy with the inclusions of Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot, Steve (Minecraft), Rayman, Master Chief (Halo), and Lara (Tomb Raider).

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's no way Isaac would work as a deluxe mii costume. I would say any human character likely wouldn't work as a deluxe mii costume. (unless they're already a chibi style human and even then I'm not sure if it would look right because a deluxe costume is basically a helmet that gets put over the mii fighters head)

I think the human characters would be way more likely to fall into the uncanny valley if they tried to make deluxe mii costumes for them. So I think even Ashley, Jeff or Prince of Sable could be a bit awkward looking. (Knuckle Joe might be too short)

I'm not sure if Shovel Knight as a sword fighter would actually be perfect....so far the deluxe costumes have done a decent job of representing the characters. Sans and Cuphead as gunners....and Bomberman as a brawler, while not perfect...at least he doesn't have a weapon for no reason.

Shovel Knight on the other hand doesn't use his shovel like a sword at all. I think he'd end up being the least "immersive" of all the deluxe costumes.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's no way Isaac would work as a deluxe mii costume. I would say any human character likely wouldn't work as a deluxe mii costume. (unless they're already a chibi style human and even then I'm not sure if it would look right because a deluxe costume is basically a helmet that gets put over the mii fighters head)
Would they even upgrade a costume already in the game to a deluxe costume? And have you pay for it? And risk ruining Mii Fighters that use the Isaac Wig for non-Isaac reasons?

Top Bottom