• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Super Bomberman R Online coming to Switch, PS4, & Steam on the 27th. Always good to see the character have a stronger presence on modern consoles.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say, really enjoying Super Bomberman R Online. Easily my favorite game so far using this model.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Back in Brawl, I came up with 6 third party characters that I thought would be great for Smash Bros (given the perimeters I knew at the time, or what I thought they were).

• Sonic
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Pacman
  • Megaman
  • Rayman
  • Bomberman

Only two away from my list being complete, and I'm not satisfied with just the costume (granted, I would be, if it just came with even a single bomb move).

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Back in Brawl, I came up with 6 third party characters that I thought would be great for Smash Bros (given the perimeters I knew at the time, or what I thought they were).

• Sonic
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Pacman
  • Megaman
  • Rayman
  • Bomberman

Only two away from my list being complete, and I'm not satisfied with just the costume (granted, I would be, if it just came with even a single bomb move).
Bomberman got a deluxe mii costume at least. Crash Bandicoot and Rayman might too!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Bomberman got a deluxe mii costume at least. Crash Bandicoot and Rayman might too!
But Crash without a spin...honestly shouldn't exist. Moreso than Bomberman without bombs.

There aren't many theories I have sided with as far as 'disqualification,' and so far...honestly... I think my reasoning for characters has proven almost entirely true (not to say I've predicted every character- not at all. But my understanding of the selection and what will happen has been on point this entire game).
However, I do see why a Mii costume would not then become a character- unless the cost of the costume was then subtracted from a full future character.
But in Bomberman's case, there wouldn't be a way to distinguish the costume from the character.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What game genre is Bomberman considered to be?

Ornl

Smash Ace
What game genre is Bomberman considered to be?
• BOOM (MacOS shareware) says: "Bomberman meets DOOM". Bomberman has probably become its own genre ^^
• Game of Bombs says: "The most Massively Multiplayer Online Retro Arcade on the web. Take part in massive multiplayer bomb battle. Get into the field full of bombers, survive, grab bonuses, then try to kill as many opponents (...)". "Bomb battle" ? Nice.
I think you can pick two: action - arcade - bomb battle - maze - puzzle - party - battle royal

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
SO... if we ever got another pass or more characters, somehow... all of those variables aside...

Is there even a way Bomberman could be in? I don't consider outfits, etc, to be disqualifiers (or much, actually)... though I see a point for why characters wouldn't be paid costumes, and then still get in...

But Bomberman is different. How would one even distinguish Bomberman the character from Bomberman the Mii costume?

Top Bottom