• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'm heavily doubtful of the 'Box Theory', from posters to brochures to the website and now to the directs apparently (CoroCoro revealing not all stages have been revealed yet), 'numbers' have been revealed in a bunch of official ways and not been correct. For everything to be kept under wraps only for a box to suddenly reveal the actual number would be a ridiculous oversight. It goes against leaks and speculation, it goes against Sakurai's reveal patterns for there to be 2 characters (one an echo) left with nearly 3 months until release. I simply don't believe that we're in for a total reveal drought in the last few months until release.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm heavily doubtful of the 'Box Theory', from posters to brochures to the website and now to the directs apparently (CoroCoro revealing not all stages have been revealed yet), 'numbers' have been revealed in a bunch of official ways and not been correct. For everything to be kept under wraps only for a box to suddenly reveal the actual number would be a ridiculous oversight. It goes against leaks and speculation, it goes against Sakurai's reveal patterns for there to be 2 characters (one an echo) left with nearly 3 months until release. I simply don't believe that we're in for a total reveal drought in the last few months until release.
I agree. It feels a lot like people trying to predict how many characters are left from the everyone is here poster. They can shrink sizes, rearrange it, etc...

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
That is so great on so many levels. From the Wario Blast reference to the WarioWare bomb. Also looks like Bomberman still has unfinished business with Wario! xD

would have really liked Bomberman on Smash, oh well...

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The moveset is ok, but it has a stall-then-fall dair, and I can't accept that lmao.

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
look he maybe an assist trophy but he deserves a spot on the roster as much as any other character plus his creator passed away around june so it would a loving tribute

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I want your honest opinions no hate just because it’s the cool thing to do

Other than the art style what was your thought on bomber man act zero. I’m talking gameplay does it play like and we’ll enoguh of a bomberman game

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Other than the art style what was your thought on bomber man act zero. I’m talking gameplay does it play like and we’ll enoguh of a bomberman game
Never played it tbh

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Other than the art style what was your thought on Bomberman Act Zero. I’m talking gameplay; does it play like and well enough of a Bomberman game?
From what I've gleaned from ProtonJon's streams, Act Zero does play like a Bomberman game. I still have no clue why Hudson thought it was a good idea to make the game ultra-edgy, though.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
From what I've gleaned from ProtonJon's streams, Act Zero does play like a Bomberman game. I still have no clue why Hudson thought it was a good idea to make the game ultra-edgy, though.
Times I guess everyone wanted a bit more edge in their game. I kinda miss those times.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've watched footage of the game from start to finish and it's quite simply 2D bomberman with a weird new look and bad hitboxes. Those hitboxes seem to matter less than is made out, of course, but there's also VERY little variation between levels and no real replay value.

I would love to see a cell-shaded chibi rendition of Bomberman's Act Zero design show up, either as a cameo of some sort or as an enemy type in a future game but I see no reason to actually play Act Zero over any other game in the franchise.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I've watched footage of the game from start to finish and it's quite simply 2D bomberman with a weird new look and bad hitboxes. Those hitboxes seem to matter less than is made out, of course, but there's also VERY little variation between levels and no real replay value.

I would love to see a cell-shaded chibi rendition of Bomberman's Act Zero design show up, either as a cameo of some sort or as an enemy type in a future game but I see no reason to actually play Act Zero over any other game in the franchise.
Funny you should mention it, Sailor-Bomber did precisely that recently:

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Aaaaaaand the topic on GameFAQs is archived again. Dammit.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Honestly support for Bomberman doesn't need to be Banjo amd Geno levels of vocal, he is a realistic character with a lot of history and wanted a good amount with his hype near that of other third parties excluding Bayonetta and Sonic. (Sonic is extremely high compared to everyone else and Bayonetta is too low compared to other third parties)

Bomberman was Mega Man levels of wanted for Brawl I remember. However the fact he wasn't in 4 while Hudson was dead and R coming much later wasn't good timing.

I expect them to make popular assist trophies playable for dlc as Waluigi has shown that assist trophies indeed are wanted heavily. Bomberman is no exception.

It is more of a waiting game right now. Bomberman has had alot of demand and has all the credentials and licensing needed, only a matter of time before he explodes in.

Also no, it was not Konami who cucked Bomberman, R is the most faithful in house post Kojima game and they are still supporting it. They trademarked another Bomberman game and tcg for it on Simon's reveal day. Also notice how only the switch version of R does not have exclusive characters from the console's first party? Xbone got freaking Halo content and PS4 got Sony's mascot and their famous Ratchet and Clank series AND Ape Escape stuff. Steam got Portal stuff too. It was just Nintendo.

Like Konami has shown more love to Bomberman than Metal Gear and Castlevania combined recently. It definitely is Nintendo's side responsible for this, NOT Konami.

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Also reminder Bomberman has crossovered with all these

Lode Runner
Star Soldier
Adventure Island
Castlevania
Metal Gear Solid
Wario
Mountain Dew
Xavier Woods
Transformers
Silent Hill
Mystical Ninja Goemon
Gradius
Tokimeki Memorial
Rumble Roses
Contra
Ape Escape
Portal
Sony
Ratchet and Clank
Halo
Pop N Music
Mega Man X (for a commercial)

There is even more, just want to point out to detractors how brainless they are acting for calling Bomberman obscure.

It is legitimately sad when we live in a time where Bomberman is being called obscure from some nitwits who know nothing about video games.

Also the fact Bomberman is Hudson's mascot, they made the Mario party games until 8 and Sonic Shuffle.

They literally handled and made spinoffs, one of which was a very successful one, of two of the most iconic franchises in gaming history.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely. I know Bomberman's been deconfirmed already, but blast and dang it...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...
Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely. I know Bomberman's been deconfirmed already, but blast and dang it...
As mentioned in the Banjo thread, this doesn't actually deconfirm anything. All it confirms is that Coro Coro weren't supposed to say 108 and, without official word from Nintendo, we cannot say for sure what that means. Was 108 a leak that they're covering up or just false information? We don't really know.

So, thinking about it, we have absolutely zero reason to consider a Bomberman stage deconfirmed, which is nice.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
As mentioned in the Banjo thread, this doesn't actually deconfirm anything. All it confirms is that Coro Coro weren't supposed to say 108 and, without official word from Nintendo, we cannot say for sure what that means. Was 108 a leak that they're covering up or just false information? We don't really know.

So, thinking about it, we have absolutely zero reason to consider a Bomberman stage deconfirmed, which is nice.
I still stand Bomberman is gonna be in as a dlc character, and when he is, the new stage is probably gonna be bundled with him.

I honestly find it sad when people say Bomberman isn't a deserving rep from Konami

1. Bomberman was Hudson's mascot, he is one of the few third parties whose owner company didn't create

2. Bomberman has the most history with Nintendo compared to any other franchise Konami owns, he has had a unique game on every Nintendo console up to 3DS and Wii U due to Hudson going bankrupt. Castlevania switched to Sony for a period and distanced from Nintendo while MGS has rarely ever been on Nintendo consoles

3. Bomberman is the first third party to ever crossover with Nintendo officially as seen in Wario Blast featuring Bomberman.

4. Snake and Simon have crossovered twice before Smash. Both of those games have Bomberman as the mascot of them. DreamMix was developed by Hudson with Bomberman being the centerpiece of the cover, being on all the menu icons, and Mujoe being an announcer. R is a Bomberman game.

Also conspiracy time

Konami always has used Simon's redhead design until R where they went with his classic design, Smash did as well. Snake's addition to R came around the same time as Ultimate, also announcing David Hayter would be voicing Snake in R also in addition to Smash.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
It honestly is getting kind of sad at this point.

People calling anyone who politely asks devs for characters “Sakurai Harassers”

The most vocal amount of the community want characters with no significance to video games and Nintendo as a whole

The fact devs lied about the ballot and Ultimate clearly having characters that weren’t the top choices on the ballot despite being “for the fans”

And the fact I am seeing people detract characters like Bomberman, Crash, Rayman etc while the characters they think are likely/deserving are so obscure

There is also the sheer amount of disrespect in the bigger smash community, they say all this about respecting the devs yet have no basic decency toward each other.

Also a majority of so called smash fans claiming a character that is well known as obscure despite themselves not knowing most of the characters in smash before smash which is actually sad.

Also the fact they try to find a single toxic user in a fanbase and use that to negatively paint a bad picture of an entire character fanbase

It is honestly sad when I sometimes look at how bad things are in the big picture, as well as there being multiple times characters getting in just to advertise new games.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
It really is a shame that Super Bomberman R's development happened when it did. If it happened any earlier that could have been the clencher for having Bomberman be playable.

H0L0CENE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5048-8462-1228
Is there any reason to believe an assist trophy could make the bump up to fighter in DLC though? If Bomberman were to make it, would they just get rid of the assist or something?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wendy's is the best fast food restaurant confirmed.

Is there any reason to believe an assist trophy could make the bump up to fighter in DLC though? If Bomberman were to make it, would they just get rid of the assist or something?
Not really, but it would be nice to see people doing a thing like "promotion for DLC" for all the characters that were shorted

Gran-Rojo

Smash Cadet
If anything, I feel that the fan outcry for Waluigi after E3 makes it likely that Sakurai would promote him to playable as DLC, which would also increase Bomberman's chances of getting the same treatment.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It really is a shame that Super Bomberman R's development happened when it did. If it happened any earlier that could have been the clencher for having Bomberman be playable.
Yeah... as much as I hate to say it, Bomberman was basically a nobody back in 2015. I was super-surprised and super-happy to see Super Bomberman R being announced. That was the game that made me decide I wanted a Nintendo Switch.
That tweet made me smile super-hard.
Not really, but it would be nice to see people doing a thing like "promotion for DLC" for all the characters that were shorted
If anything, I feel that the fan outcry for Waluigi after E3 makes it likely that Sakurai would promote him to playable as DLC, which would also increase Bomberman's chances of getting the same treatment.
Heck yes! I'll stand behind Bomberman all the way!! Let's bring the Assist Trophies to the next level!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
"assist trophies can't become playable in the same game"

Yeah it's time that fan made rule took a long walk off a short pier.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah... as much as I hate to say it, Bomberman was basically a nobody back in 2015. I was super-surprised and super-happy to see Super Bomberman R being announced. That was the game that made me decide I wanted a Nintendo Switch.
By the same standards, Megaman was a nobody when he got into 4. Dude's had a lasting impact on gaming and is an icon, regardless of how recently we've heard from him.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Here's some art I made about Bomberman's deconfirmation.

80D97273-BD74-4498-9463-A6534A09532E.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone. Tomorrow we are going to witness the final Smash Direct that will surely go over the final characters, online, and Spirits Mode. I am sure that Bomberman will not be among these characters but it will be an exciting Direct nonetheless.

You may have heard of the Grinch leak. The Smash community is divided on whenever or not the leak is real. Personally, I think it is real. The amount of evidence supporting the Grinch leak, insiders shutting down discussions of the leak (like GameXplain), and how the art mural recognizes minute details makes me think that this is real. Of course I recognize that this could be an elaborate fake but that would require an inhumane amount of effort.

I'm on the camp that either we're getting Ken and Incineroar or the Grinch leak. If the former is the case, we can start tweeting out #LeftBehind in solidarity with characters not in the game. If the latter is the case, that will be great for our cause because fans of characters like Isaac, Banjo, and Geno will search for the next popular additions, some of whom will lend our hands to us. That is going to be an asset for us and it would send out a message that even if a character hasn't appear in decade, fan demand can get anyone in.

We still have a long fight ahead but tomorrow, we might be getting more help.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
I am gonna admit while I respect Sakurai as a programmer, I do not think he is that great of a creative designer due to a plethora of issues.

But after today alone, I think it kind of just shows my point even though I have plenty of other issues.

Regardless, we now have friends with the following assist trophy camps.

Isaac from the Golden Sun franchise
Skull Kid from Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask
Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise

As well as stickers for
Geno from Super Mario RPG
Shantae from the Shantae franchise

Also no Banjo Kazooie in sight.

Also no story mode and a freaking Pirahnna Plant as a fighter, 60 bucks saved.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I am gonna admit while I respect Sakurai as a programmer, I do not think he is that great of a creative designer due to a plethora of issues.

But after today alone, I think it kind of just shows my point even though I have plenty of other issues.

Regardless, we now have friends with the following assist trophy camps.

Isaac from the Golden Sun franchise
Skull Kid from Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask
Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise

As well as stickers for
Geno from Super Mario RPG
Shantae from the Shantae franchise

Also no Banjo Kazooie in sight.

Also no story mode and a freaking Pirahnna Plant as a fighter, 60 bucks saved.
I'm pretty sure Spirits is a story mode, though. Did you stop watching the Direct before the grandiose cutscene/World of Light trailer at the end? (Though I agree that Pirahna Plant as a fighter is a complete WTF of a decision.)

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Spirits is a story mode, though. Did you stop watching the Direct before the grandiose cutscene/World of Light trailer at the end? (Though I agree that Pirahna Plant as a fighter is a complete WTF of a decision.)
It is a freaking board game where you collect sickers as Kirby lol.

D

Deleted member

So what do we know, Incineroar and Ken were it along with Piranha Plant for the first DLC. The five other DLC characters were also decided in advance so any campaign efforts will have to go towards the next Smash.

That said, I definitely want to get a community collaboration going of disconfirmed characters. Let's show that they are not forgotten.
It is not a story mode, otherwise, Sakurai would have said something about it.

Top Bottom