• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
I want to make note that K Rool's reveal got considerably more likes on twitter than Simon's: 30k to 19k. Important characters Sakurai cares about don't need campaigns like Cloud and Simon, but characters like Bomberman, Rayman, and Crash etc like K Rool had needed need all the support they can get. It is great that they the Kremling Kampaign supports us, good to get publicity from a successful campaign.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Please vote in this big fan poll for Bomberman by @SSBUNews, a prominent SSBU Twitter account with nearly 16K followers. Showing that he's still a popular request in spite of his AT reveal will be important going into the future.

The direct link is here and you only get one choice.
Will do, I highly recommend anyone with a twitter post they want Bomberman in the comments of the post in addition to voting for Bomberman.

D

Deleted member

Will do, I highly recommend anyone with a twitter post they want Bomberman in the comments of the post in addition to voting for Bomberman.
Good point. That would make our support even more visible, allowing the opportunity for likes, retweets, and comments which draws more people to the polls to vote for Bomberman. I need to get a GameFAQs thread set up if it hasn't already.
I want to make note that K Rool's reveal got considerably more likes on twitter than Simon's: 30k to 19k. Important characters Sakurai cares about don't need campaigns like Cloud and Simon, but characters like Bomberman, Rayman, and Crash etc like K Rool had needed need all the support they can get. It is great that they the Kremling Kampaign supports us, good to get publicity from a successful campaign.
To be fair, it's really hard to top King K. Rool who's been the main antagonist of some incredibly well selling titles and Donkey Kong Country changed gaming. His appearances alone probably outsold all Castlevania titles. That said, both are big deals and there's no denying that.

I do agree that characters like Bomberman will only get in through fan demand. I see him more like Mega Man and King K. Rool in that he might not get considered for playable status without our voice getting heard as E3 might have indicated.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Good point. That would make our support even more visible, allowing the opportunity for likes, retweets, and comments which draws more people to the polls to vote for Bomberman. I need to get a GameFAQs thread set up if it hasn't already.
To be fair, it's really hard to top King K. Rool who's been the main antagonist of some incredibly well selling titles and Donkey Kong Country changed gaming. His appearances alone probably outsold all Castlevania titles. That said, both are big deals and there's no denying that.

I do agree that characters like Bomberman will only get in through fan demand. I see him more like Mega Man and King K. Rool in that he might not get considered for playable status without our voice getting heard as E3 might have indicated.
I feel characters Sakurai are aware of or are respected by him get in easier, hence Cloud and Simon despite little demand, same for Palutena and all the FE Characters due to Sakurai’s like for Kid Icarus since he directed Uprising and Fire Emblem. Mega Man and K Rool got alot of respect in their appearance, but Bomberman has the laziest model in the game, being a mere rip of R’s.

Bomberman is an ideal choice, he is still a much more well known Japanese video game character even if Tekken has a bigger hardcore following. Nobody has really asked for Heihachi in Smash though and Bomberman has alot more history as well as representing the multiplayer genre.

We need to push Bomberman indeed, it is really odd to see Sakurai belittle him this way when he is known to respect legacy franchises and the emphasis of pushing third parties in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I feel characters Sakurai are aware of or are respected by him get in easier, hence Cloud and Simon despite little demand, same for Palutena and all the FE Characters due to Sakurai’s like for Kid Icarus since he directed Uprising and Fire Emblem. Mega Man and K Rool got alot of respect in their appearance, but Bomberman has the laziest model in the game, being a mere rip of R’s.

Bomberman is an ideal choice, he is still a much more well known Japanese video game character even if Tekken has a bigger hardcore following. Nobody has really asked for Heihachi in Smash though and Bomberman has alot more history as well as representing the multiplayer genre.

We need to push Bomberman indeed, it is really odd to see Sakurai belittle him this way when he is known to respect legacy franchises and the emphasis of pushing third parties in Ultimate.
A better way to word that is that Sakurai is biased towards certain franchises. He's definitely aware of franchises like Donkey Kong and Bomberman, thus why he acknowledged their existence, but it doesn't mean he loves them. Franchises like his works on Kirby, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, and Fire Emblem, on the other hand, are franchises that we can say he has an attachment towards, which is why we see so much representation of them.

Notably, he never talked about Mega Man prior to his confirmation. That makes me wonder if he saw him in the same spotlight as the DK and Bomberman franchise, a franchise that he definitely knew existed but didn't care for until the massive fan demand came during pre-Brawl that caught his attention. It's going to take a huge campaign to get him in, one that will requires years of efforts.

I actually do have speculation on why Bomberman might have gotten the role he did that isn't "Sakurai doesn't see Bomberman as playable material," but it would be something to take with a grain of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
A better way to word that is that Sakurai is biased towards certain franchises. He's definitely aware of franchises like Donkey Kong and Bomberman, thus why he acknowledged their existence, but it doesn't mean he loves them. Franchises like his works on Kirby, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, and Fire Emblem, on the other hand, are franchises that we can say he has an attachment towards, which is why we see so much representation of them.

Notably, he never talked about Mega Man prior to his confirmation. That makes me wonder if he saw him in the same spotlight as the DK and Bomberman franchise, a franchise that he definitely knew existed but didn't care for until the massive fan demand came during pre-Brawl that caught his attention. It's going to take a huge campaign to get him in, one that will requires years of efforts.

I actually do have speculation on why Bomberman might have gotten the role he did that isn't "Sakurai doesn't see Bomberman as playable material," but it would be something to take with a grain of salt.
What is the theory? Also good rewording, Sakurai does indeed have notable attachments, as I said before, not even Sonic got as much Castlevania do for its debut. I will say movesets from Sakurai have gotten better overtime overall, like Diddy was more faithful than DK for example. Simon is alot more faithful than say Pac Man, who used Namco references vs his moves from Pac World. I’ve noticed Sakurai is almost always more faithful with franchises he likes or cares about vs ones like Wario. If Bomberman gets in, I wonder how much thought Sakurai will put into him, usually third parties are above average in terms of source material in their moves but who knows.

D

Deleted member

What is the theory? Also good rewording, Sakurai does indeed have notable attachments, as I said before, not even Sonic got as much Castlevania do for its debut. I will say movesets from Sakurai have gotten better overtime overall, like Diddy was more faithful than DK for example. Simon is alot more faithful than say Pac Man, who used Namco references vs his moves from Pac World. I’ve noticed Sakurai is almost always more faithful with franchises he likes or cares about vs ones like Wario. If Bomberman gets in, I wonder how much thought Sakurai will put into him, usually third parties are above average in terms of source material in their moves but who knows.
Luckily, as King K. Rool shows, Sakurai puts a lot of love into unique characters. You can bet that if Bomberman becomes a playable character, be it DLC or next game, he'll get the royal carpet treatment and that Sakurai will give us a move set beyond our wildest dreams.
Is anyone good with gif making? I feel like the salt bomb might help get Bomberman more into the public eye, with modern gaming slang being what it is.
I know a guy who's an artist and modeler that can do GIFs. So, are you looking into a salt bomb GIF meme or something else?

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Anyways so Bandai Namco is apparently making assists in their One Piece Burning Blood game playable characters while removing their assists, they are working on Smash so who knows, Waluigi and Bomberman did get alot of backlash for being just assists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways so Bandai Namco is apparently making assists in their One Piece Burning Blood game playable characters while removing their assists, they are working on Smash so who knows, Waluigi and Bomberman did get alot of backlash for being just assists.
Spike Chunsoft developed it while Namco just published it. Also I want to know is, when the Assists were removed to be made into playable characters, did they receive replacements? If so, then that means there was extra work involved in making them playable.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Spike Chunsoft developed it while Namco just published it. Also I want to know is, when the Assists were removed to be made into playable characters, did they receive replacements? If so, then that means there was extra work involved in making them playable.
They actually stayed believe it or not, and they are active even when you equip the assists to their playable version.

StormC

Smash Hero
I thought this video might be worth sharing, but probably not for the reasons you’re thinking.

I just saw this pop up in my feed. Personally, I found it incredibly disrespectful to use the death of Shoji Mizuno as fodder to support Bomberman while also insulting Sakurai - the man who you’re trying to pitch Bomberman to.

There are tasteful ways to pay respect to Mizuno while also supporting Bomberman, but this isn’t one of them. If you guys feel similarly, perhaps it would be good to get in front of it on the Bomberman Twitter and express how you feel.

Or maybe I’m totally off and you think this video is fine. Just my two cents.

D

Deleted member

I thought this video might be worth sharing, but probably not for the reasons you’re thinking.

I just saw this pop up in my feed. Personally, I found it incredibly disrespectful to use the death of Shoji Mizuno as fodder to support Bomberman while also insulting Sakurai - the man who you’re trying to pitch Bomberman to.

There are tasteful ways to pay respect to Mizuno while also supporting Bomberman, but this isn’t one of them. If you guys feel similarly, perhaps it would be good to get in front of it on the Bomberman Twitter and express how you feel.

Or maybe I’m totally off and you think this video is fine. Just my two cents.
As the person behind the Twitter account, I saw the video a couple of days after it came out and endorsed it. I even reached out to him to see if he wanted to join the Super Bomber Bros. campaign but he never responded so I hadn't really thought about the video since then.

As for the video itself, I don't see it as disrespectful to Sakurai. Yes it portrays him meanly as shown by him reluctantly giving Bomberman even an Assist Trophy status but it's not something I would compare it to say, 9/11 references, raging over why an iconic franchise gets in over an unimportant side character, or threatening to literally murder Sakurai. Many of us know what it's like to receive a painful disconfirmation of some of our favorite characters and honestly, we shouldn't have to sugercoat our disappointment because we're afraid someone is going to say mean words to us.

As for mentioning Mizuno near the end, there's a couple of things I'd like to address. First, the #DoItForShoji hashtag is meant to carry Mizuno's legacy into the future, not guilt Sakurai into adding Bomberman. If Sakurai, my favorite game director, were to die tomorrow, I would want to do whatever I can to pay tribute to his legacy. As far as Mizuno's work on Bomberman's modern design is concern, what better way than to push for his inclusion in Super Smash Bros. as a playable character that essentially immortalize his work? Also worth noting that at the end, gaming icons like Mario and Pac-Man show up to comfort Bomberman so it's not like all playable characters in the video treats Bomberman like dirt.

Now sure, he could have handled the message with a little more tact and a better hashtag that couldn't be typed incorrectly to unintentionally insult him, but the message that we should support Bomberman as a playable character as a tribute to Mizuno's recent passing is definitely a good one.

StormC

Smash Hero
As for the video itself, I don't see it as disrespectful to Sakurai. Yes it portrays him meanly as shown by him reluctantly giving Bomberman even an Assist Trophy status but it's not something I would compare it to say, 9/11 references, raging over why an iconic franchise gets in over an unimportant side character, or threatening to literally murder Sakurai. Many of us know what it's like to receive a painful disconfirmation of some of our favorite characters and honestly, we shouldn't have to sugercoat our disappointment because we're afraid someone is going to say mean words to us.
If a Treehouse person saw this though, what would they think? Would they think the creator of this video is respectful to Smash's legacy and its creator, or that the fans are being entitled and painting the director as stuffy and thoughtless because their favorite character got deconfirmed? Expressing your legitimate disappointment is fine, but when you're talking about real life people, especially the real life people you want to convince to add Bomberman, it doesn't feel especially productive.

Optics are everything. I know K. Rool fans sometimes looked back with how they insulted Sakurai and Nintendo. A little humor and teasing is one thing, but this just doesn't feel like the right way to go about it.

As for mentioning Mizuno near the end, there's a couple of things I'd like to address. First, the #DoItForShoji hashtag is meant to carry Mizuno's legacy into the future, not guilt Sakurai into adding Bomberman. If Sakurai, my favorite game director, were to die tomorrow, I would want to do whatever I can to pay tribute to his legacy. As far as Mizuno's work on Bomberman's modern design is concern, what better way than to push for his inclusion in Super Smash Bros. as a playable character that essentially immortalize his work? Also worth noting that at the end, gaming icons like Mario and Pac-Man show up to comfort Bomberman so it's not like all playable characters in the video treats Bomberman like dirt.

Now sure, he could have handled the message with a little more tact and a better hashtag that couldn't be typed incorrectly to unintentionally insult him, but the message that we should support Bomberman as a playable character as a tribute to Mizuno's recent passing is definitely a good one.
Like I said though, there are definitely ways to say "we respect Shoji Mizuno and want to honor him by putting Bomberman in Smash" than reducing a real life person to a cliche "dying person" storyline, and then ending it morbidly on Bomberman at his grave. Again, the lack of optics feels overwhelming here.

But if I'm the only one in this thread who feels that way, then I'll leave it at that.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
If a Treehouse person saw this though, what would they think? Would they think the creator of this video is respectful to Smash's legacy and its creator, or that the fans are being entitled and painting the director as stuffy and thoughtless because their favorite character got deconfirmed? Expressing your legitimate disappointment is fine, but when you're talking about real life people, especially the real life people you want to convince to add Bomberman, it doesn't feel especially productive.

Optics are everything. I know K. Rool fans sometimes looked back with how they insulted Sakurai and Nintendo. A little humor and teasing is one thing, but this just doesn't feel like the right way to go about it.

Like I said though, there are definitely ways to say "we respect Shoji Mizuno and want to honor him by putting Bomberman in Smash" than reducing a real life person to a cliche "dying person" storyline, and then ending it morbidly on Bomberman at his grave. Again, the lack of optics feels overwhelming here.

But if I'm the only one in this thread who feels that way, then I'll leave it at that.
Personally I don’t see how it was disrespectful to Sakurai, portraying him as making a bad choice should not be disrespectful or tasteless. People I feel do not understand the difference between actually malicious or toxic behavior and mild criticism.

As for the DoItForShoji thing, the twitter never did post the tag for it because Fuzzy did not feel we should promote it, however we do not see it as ‘using him death as fodder’. Shoji did die around Ultimate’s reveal and the fact Bomberman made it in only as an assist was pretty poor timing, especially considering Sakurai has a past of poking fun at assists, especially Starfy and Waluigi. Shoji designed Bomberman’s current design which is the one everyone is familar with, his work and life definitely should be remembered. Having Bomberman who’s current design is still Shoji’s, playable in Smash, the most ambitious gaming crossover ever, many feel is a good step to honoring Shoji’s name and legacy, especially now that he has sadly passed away. None of us are blaming Sakurai for Shoji’s death, nor do we know whether or not Sakurai even knows.

However regarding Hudson, the fact they were always Nintendo’s closest friends and how little Nintendo does to honor their memory, not even going as far as to put a single Hudson game on the NES and SNES classic, is honestly baffling. Bomberman did not even get an amiibo despite R being a timed Switch exclusive. And the idea of Konami not liking Bomberman has been debunked considering they made more Bomberman trademarks the day Simon was revealed for Ultimate. They even referenced an obscure Hudson game in R with Princess Tomato Bomber.

Many of us would respect Sakurai’s decision had he given a legitimate reason to why Bomberman is an assist, however Sakurai has stayed totally silent on it. He has left us in the dark guessing why and detractors who know little to nothing about Bomberman assume that the character must be a nobody to just be an assist.

Also Nintendo has made fun of themselves before, like when Reggie burnt a guy for asking for Mother 3 and being roasted for only announcing Mario and Zelda games. Having Sakurai being percieved as having bad judgement on one instance is hardly disrespectful.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Anyways I am gonna suggest some stuff Bomberman could get if he got into Smash

Character: White Bomber with his 7 siblings from R as skins, Max as an echo who charges up a hyper plazma bomb and main bomb is thunder bomb. Also Max would use Dorako instead of Pommy if Pommy was present in any of Bomberman’s taunts/poses/attacks.

Item: Skull Disease

Assist Trophy: Mujoe in his ufo who drops Hige Hige Bandits to attack players

Stage: Bomb Factory from the first game, has balloms and bombs drop, also the five dastardly bombers may occasionally appear as hazards.

Music: The two main themes, Generation’s Battle Theme, Music from R such as Timbertree, Zipline from Bomberman Hero, Mori Mori Forest’s theme from Bomberman 94. Stuff like that.

As for Bomberman

Bomberman can be made many ways, he could start off weak with little speed, one bomb, and low firepower but knock out speedups, fireups, and bombups when damaging enemies to stack into a more powerful fighter. He could also have a move dedicated to either elemental bomb changing, riding a Louie, or choosing a charabom to ride.

Also another thing, disregard people who call him unpopular, most of them want characters that are only popular for smash but not more popular overall (i.e. Shovel Knight Shantae, Banjo and Kazooie). Also be sure to tell them how close Hudson was to Nintendo and how Bomberman never left Nintendo’s side ever if they try to pull the Nintendo history card. Bomberman was the first third party to officially crossover with Nintendo and has more Nintendo exclusives than any other third party and has been on more Nintendo consoles than any other third party.

D

Deleted member

At last, I've finally put up the Super Bomber Bros. website here.
1535336789991.png

I will be working on putting up the GameFAQs thread.

Edit: GameFAQs thread is here.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
What if he could also footstool Link's?
That sounds somewhat implausible.

Also, on further thought, there are several tweaks I would need to make to the Bomberman moveset, like reorganizing Bomb Select to work like the new iteration of Monado Arts, taking out the item bombs (I don't know why I thought that was a good idea), taking out “explode on impact” moves (which undermine the strategic nature of the character), tweaking the bomb timers, and maybe some other little adjustments. Also, the Final Smash would need to be replaced.

Heck, Bomberman being a playable character and an Assist Trophy wouldn't feel overly weird, as there have been multiple incarnations of the character (but having the Act Zero incarnation around is a definite no-no).

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Looks nice if I say so myself, I really appreciate the amount of detail you put into this. Also, you show how much he can do with bombs, something that most people don't realize.
The N64 and GCN Bomberman games were huge parts of my childhood, and I really wanted to do them justice. I'm glad you like the moveset I came up with!

D

Deleted member

I am impressed with how far the Super Bomber Bros. campaign has gone in the pas two months. Ever since this campaign started, we have passed a total of over 250 followers among all social media. We have also succeeded at:

Getting Konamis' attention via a retweet
Getting M_Patch M_Patch 's Bomberman's picture to make headway on social media with thousands of fans pouring their support
Launching the Super Bomber Bros. website
Launching social media for several languages including Esperanto, Latin American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese
Getting endorsement for playable Bomberman from notable figures within the Smash character scene like Kremling Kampaigner's leaders and PushDustIn

Not many Smash campaigns can claim to have the huge amount of success that we have had so early in its formation, before even setting down all of the fundamentals. Even the Kremling Kampaigner had a slower start than us though to be fair, they pioneered the concept of character activism outside Internet forums. Now that we've laid down the ground works, it's time we discuss this Kongversation from Hyle and Josh.

A few weeks back, BKupa666 and Eric, the leaders of the successful campaign to bring back King K. Rool from his hiatus, discussed the process of running their campaign and their reaction to finally seeing K. Rool as playable. Even if you are not a fan of K. Rool or DK, make sure to take two hours to listen to the whole thing and see what else should be taken from this. One thing that stood out to me was what made the campaign's success possible.

The biggest thing they mentioned was that King K. Rool, aside from having passionate fans, was a character from an active franchise. He might have been absent but the franchise still went on, albeit with poorly received villaisn. Characters from franchises without a future have limited growth on how many new fans they can obtain since these franchises don't get new games, at least not outside mobile games.

The truth is, most campaigns that form as a result of the Kremling Kampaigner's success will fail either due to the franchise's inactivity, organization issues, or both. It takes a lot to change whatever reservation Sakurai might have for a character and we are in the position to do that for Bomberman.

He is the main protagonist of the iconic long-running franchise that saw a successful revival over anything else Konami could have chosen for the Switch. To this day, it's still receiving updates and that means Bomberman is picking up new fans. Many of these fans in return will express interest in having Bomberman playable and it will even bring back older fans who were previously pessimistic about this ever happening.

We are in a sea of side characters that depends on an expanding roster to get their character in. Fortunately, our fan base will survive that of an inevitable reboot and that stability will make him one of the most wanted characters going into the next Smash.

Building our fanbase is a years-long process and any impact that we make on the roster likely won't be felt until the next system. However, that will us at least half a decade to campaign for him, most likely longer since Smash never releases at a console's launch. Five years is all it takes to make Bomberman the character to rally behind and we start by forming activism however we can. For starters, what are your ideas?

For me, I want Konami to re-release as much of their Bomberman catalog as possible. Konami is setting up Bomberman to be their next big franchise and with the success of Super Bomberman R, one way to do this is by giving gamers access to Bomberman's history. With a varied history as that of Bomberman, this is something that really needs to happen and not just maybe a few games re-released a generation.

Also watch to see if anyone makes the promotion to AT to playable. If that happens, we'll be able to strike and easily have the best arguments for why Bomberman too must make the transition. Even if it doesn't happen within the same game, the result of taking advantage of this potential opportunity might be one of the best ways to gain supporters for next time.
---
In other news, Konami is releasing retro merchandise on Bomberman featuring a necktie, tote bag, and pins. So if you want Bomberman merchandise, this is a good chance to speak with your wallet.
---
The N64 and GCN Bomberman games were huge parts of my childhood, and I really wanted to do them justice. I'm glad you like the moveset I came up with!
Indeed. I look forward to when you get around to tweaking your move set. Speaking of which, if you choose to get around to it, I can always ask one of the artists I know if they'd be willing to draw or animate your move set. I'd love to see your work out there and boy do we need more fans putting them up for the world to see.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Indeed. I look forward to when you get around to tweaking your move set. Speaking of which, if you choose to get around to it, I can always ask one of the artists I know if they'd be willing to draw or animate your move set. I'd love to see your work out there and boy do we need more fans putting them up for the world to see.
Oh my God, that would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

Oh my God, that would be amazing.
Indeed. If it goes through, I'd be excited to see it out to the public.
---
By the way, about the retro merchandise tweet I did yesterday? Konami liked and retweeted it.

Look at how fast it's circulating too,

It's been only thirteen hours since I posted the tweet and lots of people are seeing it. I hope that Konami will continue to retweet our posts in the future.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Whoa I thought this topic died or got locked after Bomberman was shown as an assist trophy. I'm glad it wasn't though. Count me in because I will always still support him.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
All right, I'm gonna try and revamp my Bomberman moveset. I just need to figure out how to grab the coding I used from a closed thread...

D

Deleted member

Whoa I thought this topic died or got locked after Bomberman was shown as an assist trophy. I'm glad it wasn't though. Count me in because I will always still support him.
The only Assist Trophy that’s been locked is Waluigi’s and that was on GoldenYuiitusin’s request. Obviously, I have no such plans and will be keeping this thread going for as long as possible. The future is bright for the Super Bomber Bros. campaign.

Congrats on the getting noticed by Konami themselves, you've accomplished so much already with your campaign :) @Fuzzy Pickles!
Thank you. We still have a long way to go but anything’s doable at this point.
All right, I'm gonna try and revamp my Bomberman moveset. I just need to figure out how to grab the coding I used from a closed thread...
Nice. I can’t wait to see what comes out of it.

D

Deleted member

Well the assist trophy confirmation makes it pretty likely that he'll be playable this time. People are theorizing that they might make some assists playable via DLC. I kind of doubt it personally but I suppose it's technically possible.

But whether this game or next, I am a Bomberman supporter.

D

Deleted member

Well the assist trophy confirmation makes it pretty likely that he'll be playable this time. People are theorizing that they might make some assists playable via DLC. I kind of doubt it personally but I suppose it's technically possible.

But whether this game or next, I am a Bomberman supporter.
We'll have to see on whenever or not that happens. I'm hardly banking on it but it's worth watching just in case. Stranger things have happened.

That said, welcome to the battlefield!

Edit: I should mention that the reason why I am entertaining a character being promoted from an Assist Trophy to playable isn't because I believe Bomberman will make that jump this game but because if someone else does, especially early on in DLC, it will give us the second best thing we can hope for, which is to put Bomberman back into the conversation of characters that may be seen as "plausible" earlier than expected. The last time he was seen as such was during the Brawl era where he had the most amount of support. This is important because now that Konami is invested into Smash again, he's one of the few third-parties left many will think to rally behind and he'll have a monopoly for Japanese support, especially among Konami characters. The sooner we can find our big break for support, the higher chance we have of getting Sakurai to reconsider Bomberman for next game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hmm... I'm still not sure how to get the code from my old Bomberman post so I don't have to completely redo the formatting.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle joins the roster as a semi-clone.

This is big for us because it shows that Assist Trophies are not necessarily barred from being playable, even for those who dismissed Little Mac as a one-time deal or Dark Samus "is just an echo". It's going to be helpful when people pull the AT card against Bomberman for the next game and we have three examples to work with.
Hmm... I'm still not sure how to get the code from my old Bomberman post so I don't have to completely redo the formatting.
I am not sure. Perhaps ask an admin and see if they can fetch it for you?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Isabelle joins the roster as a semi-clone.

This is big for us because it shows that Assist Trophies are not necessarily barred from being playable, even for those who dismissed Little Mac as a one-time deal or Dark Samus "is just an echo". It's going to be helpful when people pull the AT card against Bomberman for the next game and we have three examples to work with.
The future just gets brighter and brighter.

I am not sure. Perhaps ask an admin and see if they can fetch it for you?
That'd be great. I'd also like having my Vaati moveset fetched as well; Cap'n Kazam took a liking to that one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1040734785331585024?s=19
https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/status/1040744991176486912?s=19

This is important. According to the Box Theory, which is probably true, there are only two more characters left on the roster of which they would likely be the heavily rumored Ken and Incineroar. What this means is that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when the final roster unveils itself. This happens with every Smash game, starting with Melee. Granted, Vergeben did claim a "Square Enix character," but that is likely funky information due to him being unable to specify who the character is.

We have an opportunity to do a community collaboration where artists can draw their preferred disconfirmed characters either standing together or in a battle with each other. Personally, I would like to get the following in the picture:

- Bomberman (of course)
- Banjo and Kazooie
- Isaac
- Dixie Kong
- Bandana Dee
- Geno
- Waluigi
- Rayman

I have been in talks with M_Patch M_Patch about this and he said that he might be able to contribute if we can get other artists on board. Due to the likelihood that Ken and Incineroar are it for the final roster, I want us to search the Internet to find artists who like these other characters to see if they would be interested in contributing. Before the game release, they will reveal Ken and Incineroar and when that hits, I would rather we get closer to getting ready to release the picture rather than scramble right after the reveals and lose precious time to have said picture make headway.

If we can strike lightning, we have the potential of getting said picture trending on Twitter in order to highlight who isn't in. That will boost not only their fan base but also ours because then we'll have something in common with many other character fan bases.

Top Bottom