• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sup let's talk about some moves I think are useless

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
Uptilt, downtilt, hoo cha, counter and wavedash

Discuss

also I know side tilt is useful but HOW?!?!?!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
D-tilt leads to funny combos sometimes if you hit it. It's pretty good against a ground-happy Sheik too. The way Peach draws her body back just happens to be good at beating Sheik's grab.

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
dtilt is useful, you just need good timing, the counter is useful especially when recovering, utilt is useful when you need a quick attack directly above you, ftilt is useful because it's really quick and has a wide range of attack. Wavedashing is useful for for a crap ton of reasons, but I'll give it to you that it's not as useful as it is for other characters.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
dtilt is useful, you just need good timing, the counter is useful especially when recovering, utilt is useful when you need a quick attack directly above you, ftilt is useful because it's really quick and has a wide range of attack. Wavedashing is useful for for a crap ton of reasons, but I'll give it to you that it's not as useful as it is for other characters.
But her wavedash is so short.. I've tried WDing backwards out of shield, and most of the time I get hit anyway.

I'll admit I waveland a lot though

VA

Smash Hero
side B and B are pretty ****, I'll give you that but I don't think any of her tilts are bad at all. Dtilts do mess up sheiks if you know how and when. Ftilt is an obscure but fairly legit follow up on a lot of %'s from uthrow, utilt is an even weirder follow up from uthrow than gets you regrab or makes it really hard for them to tech and you get jab reset on fast fallers.

also pretty sure wavedash is not useless.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Jfox says that the ftilt can be used to make people miss their tech during your cgs, and then you get a free jab reset-> dsmash. Dtilt has mad hitstun like falcons dair and can combo into whatever the hell you want. Utilt is bad because it has stupid startup time and hardly ever hits people on the ground, but it has a good deal of priority and can be used to stop aerial approaches, like foxes dair.
WDing is peaches' fastest form of movement, if done at full tilt. Learn it.
Counter can break shields, Samo made a big post about that.

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
There was a big ol' discussion in Vanz's thread why toad does not suck. Look it up, I used to never use him before, now I got teh toad mind games yo.

VA

Smash Hero
lol toad is an air stall, it's weird. does it give you height? I feel like it does.

JFox

Smash Hero
Think outside the box a bit and u will find very situational uses for every move.

My Uses:

Utilt= best choice to use vs falcon after he stops DI'ing your chain grab. Stabs through the platform on PS, Yoshi's, and FoD to hit ur opponent and combo.

Dtilt- Longest ranged horizontal ground attack in peach's arsenal. Best combo starter peach has, one of the largest stun times of any move in the game.

Forward B- extremely helpful recovery tool, mostly on FD.

Counter- Can be used to break your fall as an easy way to get into float, can be used in very situational instances as a counter.

Wavedash- Tons. WD dsmash ***** fox's nair approach. WD out of shield is vital to any character, including peach. Wavelands are also pretty helpful. Wavedashing really helps control your spacing. Theres just so many times when that little adjustment can help.

Ftilt- Fastest ground move peach has besides jab, so that alone makes it somewhat useful. If someone is running in to grab u after say, tech chasing poorly, often times this is the fastest thing i can get out so i use it. It has many times be useful to me vs shield pressure just for its sheer speed. I've mixed pivot ftilt in often timees vs fox, its def hard tho. Ftilt after chaingrab vs fox and falco can have some really tricky uses, look into it.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
So I don't wanna sift through 90 pages of stuff. Anyone want to tell me how Peach's B breaks shields?

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
Basically, it only works of if your opponent attacks and shields right after. You hit B, every one of toad's spores hits the shield and ****ing dominates it. Free upsmash kill.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Uptilt, downtilt, hoo cha, counter and wavedash

Discuss

also I know side tilt is useful but HOW?!?!?!
dtilt and wd aren't useless.

and if you ftilt someone, you prolly could've grabbed...

just my opinion, i'm not too experienced...

Top Bottom