• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I would rather he have his sword drawn even if he just has it behind him like his Brawl trophy. If he doesn't have his sword in his render he won't have it for his amiibo, and I think that would be as missed opportunity.
Yeah, he can have his sword in one hand, but he's positioned so it focuses more on his Psynergy-casting hand. It's still there, but it's not the main focus.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Going back to Matthew. i have always pictured him as an easy alt. There could literally be no differences between Isaac and Matthew's skeleton, just a change in hair, face, clothes and voice. Matthew is just so much closer to his dad. Although I think Felix is the better candidate for representation, Felix is meant to be taller and have a different pose. I also picture him being a heavier and harder hitting fighter, but slower. So he seems more echo material.

They could always squash Felix's height to the same as Isaac. I didn't realise it was basically identical height in the battle sequence but the art in the game always suggests he's taller. Him and Piers tower over Jenna and Sheba here.

https://goldensunwiki.net/w/images/6/6e/Felixandfriends.jpg

I picture Jenna being closer to Isaac's height, but goign back to costumes. It's a toss up between satisfying Felix fans and breaking the canon heights a bit. Or he could choose to do no alts and have only palette swaps for the first two squads of four. That's reasonable too, but I'm a big fan of the alts for Hero and I end up hardly even using the Luminary skin as a result.

I think we'll definitely see a mii sword fighter costume for Felix if he's not otherwise playable. I can hold out for another game for him to be an echo (as long as we get Isaac in this wave of course).

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It's impossible to predict if DLC will end with a big third-party because to Sakurai, every character has the same importance. In his mind, ending with Pokemon #12 would be just as exciting as ending with Sora, because he doesn't see characters like the fans do. As many have said, if he wanted to end DLC with a bang, Cloud would've been Smash 4's last character and Banjo or Hero would've finished FP1. It just doesn't happen.
Also it isn't normal for Smash to end in a high note for how the fans view it. Even base game of Ultimate is an example of this. However I also think it is interesting to note how we don't have any kind of indication or leak of the next fighter in the fighter's pass, which leads me to believe it is another first party rep (since those are the one that didn't get leaked before)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The plot thickens as a wild new trademark for Golden Sun Dark Dawn appears, about half a year after the renewal of the Dark Dawn trademark had already happened in January this year… This is a new one, just like I have been explaining for the previous new Golden Sun Trademark that appeared in 2018, since it's going to go through a process of approval, which renewals don't do (and this is easily proved as how the renewal in january for dark dawn didn't go through any process of any kind. Renewals are only paid by the owner company to extend their life periods, that's all you do for renewing).

This is most likely a big plan from Camelot to go ham on bringing back GS. Will Dark dawn get a remaster or also a remake? Considering the remake of the first games will be total new assets and beautiful looking, as Camelot would, then I wonder if they wouldn't just remake Dark Dawn as well, which would explain why it got a new separate trademark from the one that was already renewed in January this year… Either way, seems like Camelot is gonna go serious on this. Hopefully the remake of the first 2 games gets announced sooner than later, as it should be almost done made by now.

Made posts about it on twitter already by the way.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
The plot thickens as a wild new trademark for Golden Sun Dark Dawn appears, about half a year after the renewal of the Dark Dawn trademark had already happened in January this year… This is a new one, just like I have been explaining for the previous new Golden Sun Trademark that appeared in 2018, since it's going to go through a process of approval, which renewals don't do (and this is easily proved as how the renewal in january for dark dawn didn't go through any process of any kind. Renewals are only paid by the owner company to extend their life periods, that's all you do for renewing).

This is most likely a big plan from Camelot to go ham on bringing back GS. Will Dark dawn get a remaster or also a remake? Considering the remake of the first games will be total new assets and beautiful looking, as Camelot would, then I wonder if they wouldn't just remake Dark Dawn as well, which would explain why it got a new separate trademark from the one that was already renewed in January this year… Either way, seems like Camelot is gonna go serious on this. Hopefully the remake of the first 2 games gets announced sooner than later, as it should be almost done made by now.

Dark Dawn is a handheld, two screen game unlike Xenoblade; so updating all the models and textures to look as good as the Switch's standards and making the game work on a single screen while docked would take so much effort that they're better off doing a remake. Not to mention they would already have all of the tools necessary for one.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
So either it's tied to the first new trademark (just like the 2009 was just "Golden Sun" and in 2010 we got the "Dark Dawn" one.) and so the remake we'll get is Dark Dawn.
Or they are aiming super high and doing a remake of the whole trilogy (1+1 and then DD)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So either it's tied to the first new trademark (just like the 2009 was just "Golden Sun" and in 2010 we got the "Dark Dawn" one.) and so the remake we'll get is Dark Dawn.
Or they are aiming super high and doing a remake of the whole trilogy (1+1 and then DD)
Different/separate trademarks protect different/separate products, we aren't getting only one thing at this point, there would be no need for 2 new trademarks if that was the case.

Dark Dawn is a handheld, two screen game unlike Xenoblade; so updating all the models and textures to look as good as the Switch's standards and making the game work on a single screen while docked would take so much effort that they're better off doing a remake. Not to mention they would already have all of the tools necessary for one.
I agree, I have heard this take even from developers of DS games like Solatorobo when answering to fans asking for switch ports, and they said they would have to remake the game entirely to make it work on such a different console.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

This is incredible, on top of just how awesome it will be to get these, if they really plan to remake every game in the franchise for switch then Isaac has a REALLY good chance for a roster slot. Thanks Naz this just made my day.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So if they're planning to remake Dark Dawn as well I guess that probably means they'll reuse the assets for remaking the first two Golden Sun games? Maybe they'll all be in the one package.

You know I think it would be great if they used the map for the original Golden Sun and added Dark Dawn towns to it as well, to sort of bring them together into one cohesive vision. It would make even more sense if they planned to have all three games in the one package.

Probably getting too ahead of myself, but it is weird how there's so much activity going on with the trademarks.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Oh damn! I finished Dark Dawn not to long ago, but I'd totally buy it again on the switch if it was remastered and made a little bit less awkward in some parts. If that's possible. I think more than anything I'll buy it just to keep it supported.

A renewal AND a new trademark for one installment in the franchise is really telling. If they were doing nothing with DArk Dawn, a renewal is all thats needed, surely.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I always thought that after golden sun 1+2 remake we could see a dark dawn remake maybe with the plot resolved. But if we're about to get straight dark dawn on top of the first two they might just be setting the stage to catch people up for a full blown GS4 a few years from now.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lotta stuff is happening with Golden Sun so it’s safe to say that they’re probably future proofing in CASE the Remake/Rerelease does well. They can pull out another one with a turnover of 2-3 years while they decide where to go next with the franchise.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So if they're planning to remake Dark Dawn as well I guess that probably means they'll reuse the assets for remaking the first two Golden Sun games? Maybe they'll all be in the one package.

You know I think it would be great if they used the map for the original Golden Sun and added Dark Dawn towns to it as well, to sort of bring them together into one cohesive vision. It would make even more sense if they planned to have all three games in the one package.

Probably getting too ahead of myself, but it is weird how there's so much activity going on with the trademarks.
The one package idea would happen once whatever they are doing with Dark Dawn is done, not now, as they haven't been working on it just yet, only the first 2 games into one most likely. But yeah i could see them making a collection eventually in the future :p

Lotta stuff is happening with Golden Sun so it’s safe to say that they’re probably future proofing in CASE the Remake/Rerelease does well. They can pull out another one with a turnover of 2-3 years while they decide where to go next with the franchise.

Yeah hopefully this means we will be alive by the time GS4 ever happens 🤣

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I would rather he have his sword drawn even if he just has it behind him like his Brawl trophy. If he doesn't have his sword in his render he won't have it for his amiibo, and I think that would be as missed opportunity.
I agree, the Brawl pose is (almost) perfect.

As much as I'd like new additions to the original duology such as some DD towns for continuity's sake or bosses for TLA's dungeons without them, I think Nintendo will tell them to just do a 1:1 remake.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I agree, the Brawl pose is (almost) perfect.

As much as I'd like new additions to the original duology such as some DD towns for continuity's sake or bosses for TLA's dungeons without them, I think Nintendo will tell them to just do a 1:1 remake.
Yeah the only thing Dark Dawn needs is a continuation lol. GS4 can do whatever new they would like to bring to the series anyway.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So Nazyrus Nazyrus how likely do you think it is that we see the 1+2 remakes or remaster announced in the next general direct? (be it in the 28th as rumored or September maybe?) I am assuming it will be a late 2020/early 2021 games

Calane

Smash Ace
Yo, the thought of Golden Sun actually making a comeback is super exciting. And they may even be remaking Dark Dawn as well!?

La de da de da.gif
: This'll pretty much be me emotionally if all this actually happens.

The future is looking rather bright for Golden Sun these days. (Sorry, I had to do it).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So Nazyrus Nazyrus how likely do you think it is that we see the 1+2 remakes or remaster announced in the next general direct? (be it in the 28th as rumored or September maybe?) I am assuming it will be a late 2020/early 2021 games
I think it "should" be announced at least, even if it's for early 2021 due to a delay or whatever, but then again what i find logical is not what Nintendo thinks sometimes… I just know that this has been in development for years now and it should be about done already or close at least, unless somehow this pandemic affected heavily its last year of development or whatever. It's really hard to say, I would like to say i'm above 50% of chances of being shown in the next direct or whatever last direct happens this year, but then again I don't know with all this nintendo silence lately… If they start breaking that silence once and for all with first party games then my hopes will go up for sure. I just hope it gets announced regardless of when it gets released, as well as whatever other games are coming from Nintendo, they should just show us what they got in store, specially if by any chance the end of 2020 ends not being as packed as we want it to be (hopefully it doesn't end that bad this year tho)

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I think it "should" be announced at least, even if it's for early 2021 due to a delay or whatever, but then again what i find logical is not what Nintendo thinks sometimes… I just know that this has been in development for years now and it should be about done already or close at least, unless somehow this pandemic affected heavily its last year of development or whatever. It's really hard to say, I would like to say i'm above 50% of chances of being shown in the next direct or whatever last direct happens this year, but then again I don't know with all this nintendo silence lately… If they start breaking that silence once and for all with first party games then my hopes will go up for sure. I just hope it gets announced regardless of when it gets released, as well as whatever other games are coming from Nintendo, they should just show us what they got in store, specially if by any chance the end of 2020 ends not being as packed as we want it to be (hopefully it doesn't end that bad this year tho)
I completely agree with you, this has been a weird year regarding what we think Nintendo should do VS what they have done, especially considering the incredibly big silences. I will be impressed if Nintendo doesn't tell us what awaits us for the beginning of the year after such a long drought. But who knows, I also didn't think they would go without substituting E3 in some form or way and here we are.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Heard about the NEW Dark Dawn Trademark. This is getting more and more exciting.
Edit: Also love how Isaac here shrugs like, “IDK, man.” He’s hiding something. lol

Really hoping Nintendo actually decided to add Isaac in to help promote the GS HD games that are coming. It would be a great business decision that would benefit Nintendo greatly.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Dark Dawn trademark is pretty interesting. Big things could be on the horizon, though personally I'm leaning towards the theory of "Doing it in advance if the GS1 remake does well." Either that, or Nintendo's putting a surprising amount of stock into an old series. Still, it's pretty cool.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
A new Dark Dawn trademark is quite the surprise! Considering Golden Sun HD should basically be done by now (assuming it's real, which is a rider I really hope to stop using soon), this may well signal Nintendo is impressed with what Camelot has developed and further that there has been a good pitch for updating DD utilizing the work from GSHD. I just wonder if they'd take the opportunity to shore up the problems fans had with the game, because even simply fixing the points of no return and giving Himi more time in the story could do a world of good. A shame we're still working off educated guesses and not actual announcements (c'mon Friday Direct rumor!).

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
The Dark Dawn trademark is pretty interesting. Big things could be on the horizon, though personally I'm leaning towards the theory of "Doing it in advance if the GS1 remake does well." Either that, or Nintendo's putting a surprising amount of stock into an old series. Still, it's pretty cool.
To be honest I wouldn't be completely shocked if Nintendo is putting stock on it, since it isn't out of the blue, the fandom has done an incredible amount of effort to get noticed ever since Ultimate speculation began, and considering things like the trademark trending, the Rathalos tweet, the reaction to Isaac's AT, the first Golden Sunday and the letter campaign I'd say it would be pretty hard for Nintendo to ignore. Actually doing something with all that demand seems like the logical move to me. (not expected, but logical)

Also guys, I don't know if you know but there is a Golden Sun Travel Zine on the works, in case you'd be interested! This is the Zine's account https://twitter.com/ZineGolden

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Good meme here.

Also if we really have a Dark Dawn remaster coming too, for me it just makes any GS character even more likely for smash. If Nintendo wants to give GS such a big shot, they'll go all out and use Smash to promote it.
Also, if we do get a full DD remake/master on Switch, it could get a function to transfer some data in GS4. Or GS4 will detect your save file and you'll get some bonuses from it (like djinns etc)

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that if Camelot is actually redoing remaking or whatever the whole series, that they get some help from other studios. It's crucial for the games to be as flawless as they can get! We can't afford another Dark Dawn fiasco (I really loved Dark Dawn but the copy-paste work from TLA at times was plain obvious).

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
This is super ancient, but I still remember that one post from page 800s of this thread where someone posted this screenshot of a NoA connection that was like, "Isaac was doomed from the start! Nintendo would have made him a fighter if Camelot made another game! You want Isaac in Smash, got to get Golden Sun back first."

It's funny now given what's going on and the possibility of Golden Sun coming back for real. They likely didn't expect that and was spouting stuff to sound credible at the time.

Regardless, I don't see what better time to add Isaac than this fighter pass if Golden Sun returns.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is super ancient, but I still remember that one post from page 800s of this thread where someone posted this screenshot of a NoA connection that was like, "Isaac was doomed from the start! Nintendo would have made him a fighter if Camelot made another game! You want Isaac in Smash, got to get Golden Sun back first."

It's funny now given what's going on and the possibility of Golden Sun coming back for real. They likely didn't expect that and was spouting stuff to sound credible at the time.

Regardless, I don't see what better time to add Isaac than this fighter pass if Golden Sun returns.
Well to be honest, this is the last chance for Isaac as there won’t be anymore DLC after this pass and the next game would be quiet some years later (with cuts being inevitable).

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Well to be honest, this is the last chance for Isaac as there won’t be anymore DLC after this pass and the next game would be quiet some years later (with cuts being inevitable).
I mean, yes, it's the last chance for Ultimate, but it's way too early to count anyone out of the inevitable next Smash. Sure, there will almost certainly be cuts (although I certainly wasn't expecting "Everyone is Here" this time either). I'd say it's an equally near-zero chance that they don't also add new characters, and we have absolutely no idea what characters will be Smash-worthy at that point. Will Pokemon continue their streak of new characters? Will Zelda finally have a new star to add? Will the mythical Golden Sun remakes actually come out and be a big success? Will we see another break-out new franchise like Splatoon? Will a new Smash even focus on first-party Nintendo characters? I can't predict the future, but at the very least I think we can safely say nothing is ruled out for a game that, at best, wouldn't enter development for at least another year.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun is dead and I don't think it will ever be revived. Many of the people who worked on the first two games and made them so good haven't worked there for ages, and at least one major artist for the game is dead. DArk Dawn is nowhere near as good as the first games. It's so weird seeing people here acting so confident that there's a new one or a remake coming out.

That said, if they ever did remake the first games, I would love if they used pixel art in 3D environments, kind of like Bravely Default, but less ugly.

All I hope for is for them to put the first two GS games on virtual console for every Nintendo system moving forward, INCLUDING SWITCH. Sadly Nintendo are idiots and they don't even have a virtual console on switch, let alone GBA games, let alone GS 1 or 2.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Golden Sun is dead and I don't think it will ever be revived. Many of the people who worked on the first two games and made them so good haven't worked there for ages, and at least one major artist for the game is dead. DArk Dawn is nowhere near as good as the first games. It's so weird seeing people here acting so confident that there's a new one or a remake coming out.

That said, if they ever did remake the first games, I would love if they used pixel art in 3D environments, kind of like Bravely Default, but less ugly.

All I hope for is for them to put the first two GS games on virtual console for every Nintendo system moving forward, INCLUDING SWITCH. Sadly Nintendo are idiots and they don't even have a virtual console on switch, let alone GBA games, let alone GS 1 or 2.
I genuinely can't fathom why you would bother to go onto an Isaac support thread, then proceed to trash all over our hopes and speculation. It's not even like it's baseless hoping, we have literal legal proof that Nintendo is doing something with Golden Sun, but we just don't know what. If you'd like, I can give you a decent enough rundown of why we believe that, though Nazyrus Nazyrus is much more knowledgable regarding the trademarks. Multiple different trusted insiders have also said that GS is coming, but again, we don't know when or in what form. If that also includes Isaac in Smash, awesome, mission accomplished. If it doesn't, oh well, we still got new GS stuff.

You can have your doubts, many people on this thread do as well, that's 100% ok. But to come in to the Golden Sun support thread and say "Your favorite series is dead and it'll never return" seems... troll-ish, in a way. I don't want to police your experience, but I think you might be better served being a little less harsh and more inquisitive, maybe asking why people are so confident that GS is returning instead of saying "Golden Sun is dead and I don't think it will ever be revived."

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I genuinely can't fathom why you would bother to go onto an Isaac support thread, then proceed to trash all over our hopes and speculation. It's not even like it's baseless hoping, we have literal legal proof that Nintendo is doing something with Golden Sun, but we just don't know what. If you'd like, I can give you a decent enough rundown of why we believe that, though Nazyrus Nazyrus is much more knowledgable regarding the trademarks. Multiple different trusted insiders have also said that GS is coming, but again, we don't know when or in what form. If that also includes Isaac in Smash, awesome, mission accomplished. If it doesn't, oh well, we still got new GS stuff.

You can have your doubts, many people on this thread do as well, that's 100% ok. But to come in to the Golden Sun support thread and say "Your favorite series is dead and it'll never return" seems... troll-ish, in a way. I don't want to police your experience, but I think you might be better served being a little less harsh and more inquisitive, maybe asking why people are so confident that GS is returning instead of saying "Golden Sun is dead and I don't think it will ever be revived."
Check his post history, he's trolled the Geno thread before.

Top Bottom