• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Happy new year guys! Here is to hoping this year will be our year! I am so happy I have gotten to know all of you!

Also, I can't share the full piece until the fanzine is out but I can show you a sneak peek at it! Entirely colored with pencils, I tried to do justice to Isaac, based my entry on the tarot card "The Sun", hope you like it
IMG_20190101_184613.png

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Hey I live in the UK so what is the best option for me to send a letter?
Hmmm. That’s a tough one. From what I can tell the UK doesn’t have a main Nintendo office.

Look into something call airmail or Royal Mail. I think they help with overseas mailing. I’m not sure if it costs anything tho.

Edit: Alternatively you can still mail it normally, and it will reach them. It just won’t be in a timely manner.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Alright men I’m registered and ready to go for the smash winter conference coming this weekend in eastern Florida. I’m going to rock the Isaac cosplay and aim for the top. Of course I’ll be sure to mention the letter campaign on the banner I’ll bring with me so hopefully we can get a few more supporters.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Alright men I’m registered and ready to go for the smash winter conference coming this weekend in eastern Florida. I’m going to rock the Isaac cosplay and aim for the top. Of course I’ll be sure to mention the letter campaign on the banner I’ll bring with me so hopefully we can get a few more supporters.
That’s what I’m talking about, boyo! Good luck out there!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yeah! You go, dude! Reach to the top! But most importantly, have fun! “Believe in the us, who believe in you!”

Hope we’ll get plenty of people to get those letters in.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
That can be an incredibly useful tool! You need to print some physically to send one to Camelot and Nintendo of Japan!
That is actually a very good idea! I am going to look into it with the zine's organizers and see if we can do that or maybe even ship a copy when the letters are supposed to be sent to Nintendo of America. Allow me to look into it!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mario Golf: It's not Golden Sun

I hear that's what it'll be called.

and on the top right of the box there's a tag that says "Not featuring Isaac from the Golden Sun series".
And it'll somehow be weaker in quality at launch than Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. :4pacman:

Jokes aside, Camelot hasn't been in the best of shapes these last few years. Sure, Aces has been a return to form, but even then it needed add-on content to really shine. It's strange, coming from a dev that's only been doing Mario games for a while now.

That is actually a very good idea! I am going to look into it with the zine's organizers and see if we can do that or maybe even ship a copy when the letters are supposed to be sent to Nintendo of America. Allow me to look into it!
Can an English-to-Japanese translator be tracked down? This is important.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
And it'll somehow be weaker in quality at launch than Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. :4pacman:

Jokes aside, Camelot hasn't been in the best of shapes these last few years. Sure, Aces has been a return to form, but even then it needed add-on content to really shine. It's strange, coming from a dev that's only been doing Mario games for a while now.

I believe we have a few people here that can do that. Isaac for Smash Pls Isaac for Smash Pls is one of them if i remember correctly.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We're sending letters to Nintendo? Is that for February or is it a new year thing?

I'm on board though I'm not sure where I'd send it. (I'm in Ireland)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We're sending letters to Nintendo? Is that for February or is it a new year thing?

I'm on board though I'm not sure where I'd send it. (I'm in Ireland)
We're planning to have them sent by the end of January.
Jupiter Ivan Jupiter Ivan 's tweet goes into more detail
. I think it's possible to still send the letter to NOA from overseas although I think it would take longer than usual

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
https://mobile.twitter.com/GS_****posts/status/1080674293518876672
I...don’t know how to react to this...

So apparently, the next 4 DLC characters we might be getting are:

Eldrich - Dragon Quest
Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden
Steve - Minecraft
Doom Guy - DOOM

Now, don’t get me wrong, this definitely sounds fake to me. I’m just saying that if this were true, then I would be ok with it and it’s only because Doom Guy is in the list. Ryu sounds cool too because I’ve played his NES games before. Other than that, it’s an “Ehh.” list. I probably would be more excited about it if Isaac was already playable (or if he was in the DLC list). Still, having Steve in instead of Banjo just seems wrong.
Here’s the source I got this from:
https://mobile.twitter.com/steveng86/status/1080623257093574657

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Eldrich - Dragon Quest
Steve - Minecraft
Doom Guy - DOOM

Now, don’t get me wrong, this definitely sounds fake to me. I’m just saying that if this were true, then I would be ok with it and it’s only because Doom Guy is in the list. Ryu sounds cool too because I’ve played his NES games before. Other than that, it’s an “Ehh.” list. I probably would be more excited about it if Isaac was already playable (or if he was in the DLC list). Still, having Steve in instead of Banjo just seems wrong.
That’s been going around for a while. Not much to add about it, other than it may be piggybacking off another pre-Joker pre-this leak leak.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Eldrich - Dragon Quest
Steve - Minecraft
Doom Guy - DOOM

As noted above, it's a piggybacker and probably fake.

Also, Banjo & Kazooie is a dead franchise. Minecraft is an active IP. Both are iconic in their own right. One is way more(Minecraft) but the fact it's active can make it an easier choice of which to easily represent. Considering B&K aren't available on Nintendo systems since the original release, as they were excluded from the Diddy Kong Racing remake, and Minecraft is not only on Nintendo, but has a Creeper-themed 3DS, as well as the Switch version got the Halo Mash-Up Pack, which was unexpected... MC pretty much has the reigns here. So it makes a lot of sense to choose a much more influential and bigger character to sell DLC.

Also, it's Erdrick(or Loto/Roto), not Eldrich.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
From that list, the only one I'd consider buying is Ryu. But that's just me, of course. I guess maybe I'd buy a DQ character if they look cool, but I don't have a particular attachment to them.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Awesome render using the Isaac AT model by Kamtheman56. Let's use this more than the Smashified Isaac going forward

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Looking at the leak it doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong. They are all good choices (yes even Steve). But to go a whole DLC pass with no first-party characters AT ALL? No sorry that just screams fake. It's one thing to have the majority be third-party but another to have them all third-party.

To me, it screams fake. The Wii U's DLC could not keep away from having at least 1 first-party DLC character (Corrin). Are we really going to believe with the likes of Springman, Rex, a POKEMON character, etc that we won't be getting a single first-party character?

That's a tall order being placed there.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Looking at the leak it doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong. They are all good choices (yes even Steve). But to go a whole DLC pass with no first-party characters AT ALL? No sorry that just screams fake. It's one thing to have the majority be third-party but another to have them all third-party.

To me, it screams fake. The Wii U's DLC could not keep away from having at least 1 first-party DLC character (Corrin). Are we really going to believe with the likes of Springman, Rex, a POKEMON character, etc that we won't be getting a single first-party character?

well Springman got trapped as a trophy and Rex is a mii costume all though that means nothing but i mean i think of it as a good thing that the characters are 3rd party because then maybe they'll listen and give us what we want the next dlc although this probably sounds dumb

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I posted this Classic mode on another forum, what so you guys think?

Isaac: Alchemy Unleashed
Stage 1: dark Kirby on Green Greens (symbolizing possessed Tret). Music: Isaac Battle Theme.
Stage 2: blue Roy and red Palutena on Temple Battlefield (Saturos and Menardi). Music: Saturos Battle Theme.
Stage 3: giant Inkling on Pirate Ship (symbolizing the Kraken on the Karagol Sea). Music: Weyard.
Stage 4: giant Charizard x2 on Venus Lighthouse (end of original Golden Sun). Music: Venus Lighthouse.
Stage 5: Sheik and Captain Falcon on Fountain of Dreams (Karst and Agatio on Jupiter Lighthouse). Music: Elemental Stars Remix.
Stage 6: giant Bowser on Castle Siege (locked to lava cave) (symbolizing Mars Lighthouse being lit). Music: Apollo Ascent.
Boss: Rathalos (end of second Golden Sun). Music: Battle Scene/Final Boss.
Credits: Venus Lighthouse

For the Proxians I tried to think of characters who would fight similarly and who use fire in their attacks (well, Sheik has explosions at least). The idea behind Bowser in Mars Lighthouse is of course to reference the dragons you fight there while not using Charizard again.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

You forget Corrin wasn't initially planned for DLC. We just went going to have a Nintendo newcomer until an executive asked Sakurai to add a character from an upcoming game. So I mean it's not super unbelievable when it was just barely didn't happen last time.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
welp Jon from GameExplan talked about golden sun on 3ds again and i don't know why but if it does happen we better mass support this i don't wanna see tears lol cry in private but buy the game (and i know him talking about it doesn't mean anything but he has a way of mentioning something and it happening plus this would be the boost we need to get Isacc relevant again sure its not in the way we would want but I say its a start)

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I believe we have a few people here that can do that. Isaac for Smash Pls Isaac for Smash Pls is one of them if i remember correctly.
Just who I had in mind tbh! If we end up doing that I'd rather have someone with Golden Sun knowledge to do the translation specially because I believe there are some written entries in the zine as well.

To be perfectly honest, I think if you want to do something but are stuck into doing the same thing for some years it will start hindering the quality unless you are extremely passionate about it and even then it could still affect you. If it is true that Camelot wants to make another GS or other fantasy games but hasn't been able due to Nintendo's pressure on a proved formula and the supposed lack of fan demand for GS, I too would grow extremely tired of doing the same games over and over

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
welp Jon from GameExplan talked about golden sun on 3ds again and i don't know why but if it does happen we better mass support this i don't wanna see tears lol cry in private but buy the game (and i know him talking about it doesn't mean anything but he has a way of mentioning something and it happening plus this would be the boost we need to get Isacc relevant again sure its not in the way we would want but I say its a start)
I noticed that too! However I see Golden Sun on the Switch being way more likely at this point.

I noticed that too! However I see Golden Sun on the Switch being way more likely at this point.
Like Ryule said awhile ago. They better not release it on 3ds. That console is nearing the end of its cycle and the new potential golden sun would fall prey to the same issue that affected dark dawn. Being released late into a consoles life. It has to be on switch or nothing.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I can see this going two ways here:

1) He’s saying 3DS so that it looks like he’s not “leaking” info and GS is actually coming on the Switch.
2) The GS game is a remake of the first three for the 3DS. It would make sense since Dark Dawn was on the DS and Camelot probably doesn’t have the time/resources to redo DD to not have a second screen.

A third option would be that GS 4 is going to be on the 3DS. Regardless, we better support it hardcore to keep the series relevant. If it’s on the 3DS, then eventually, it will be on the Switch later.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Like Ryule said awhile ago. They better not release it on 3ds. That console is nearing the end of its cycle and the new potential golden sun would fall prey to the same issue that affected dark dawn. Being released late into a consoles life. It has to be on switch or nothing.
that may very well happen but i believe we are mature enough to at least be happy about it and support it hopefully plus i think of maybe the new gen of kids will actually like it

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
This, to be honest. Of course if this ends up being true I will buy it and support it but it will likely flop like DD precisely because 3DS is on its last days, I think it would make us the work extremely difficult to make it successful. Hopefully they have Kirby and Luigi's Mansion to measure sales of the last games on 3ds to choose better, Switch is the best option for GS given how well RPG have been doing on it

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I can see this going two ways here:

1) He’s saying 3DS so that it looks like he’s not “leaking” info and GS is actually coming on the Switch.
2) The GS game is a remake of the first three for the 3DS. It would make sense since Dark Dawn was on the DS and Camelot probably doesn’t have the time/resources to redo DD to not have a second screen.

A third option would be that GS 4 is going to be on the 3DS. Regardless, we better support it hardcore to keep the series relevant. If it’s on the 3DS, then eventually, it will be on the Switch later.
Not sure why anything GS related would be on 3DS. It would be stupid to put GS anywhere but the Switch, especially after the Dark Dawn incident. Besides, if Square was able to port the DS-exclusive World Ends With You to Switch using the gyro/pointer controls, couldn't that be used for DD? I've never played it, so I'm not sure what appeared on the second screen, but there's no way it's impossible for Camelot to get DD to work on Switch.

However, no matter what system it's on, we have to make sure this thing sells. I would say make it a million seller, but I don't think that's likely if it's not on Switch. If Octopath can reach a million naturally, a revival of a beloved RPG series would sell a million (dare I say 2 million) easy.

[EDIT: extra words/grammar mistake]

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
It's definitely not game over for us if they put it on 3DS, but it would be very confusing and makes things considerably harder.

Remember that if it's on 3DS it would probably be lower-budget and might not have to sell as much to be profitable.

While I generally prefer GS4 instead of remakes, if it's on 3DS then remakes might be better because they'd be less work and hence have a lower threshold to clear in terms of sales.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Now that I think of it, didn’t Jon already talk about GS being on the 3DS last year? What if it was supposed to be shown off in the September Direct, but it didn’t happen?

Also, what if they last minute decided to put it on the Switch instead of the 3DS which is why they didn’t announce it in September. I find it interesting that we’re getting all these different RPG games this year, but no Golden Sun.

I don’t know, but things are getting interesting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now that I think of it, didn’t Jon already talk about GS being on the 3DS last year? What if it was supposed to be shown off in the September Direct, but it didn’t happen?

Also, what if they last minute decided to put it on the Switch instead of the 3DS which is why they didn’t announce it in September. I find it interesting that we’re getting all these different RPG games this year, but no Golden Sun.

I don’t know, but things are getting interesting.
Wouldn't put any stock on the September Direct anymore, the only thing that was cut from that was Cities: Skyline (for obvious DLC reasons).

ZelDan

Smash Master
Wouldn't put any stock on the September Direct anymore, the only thing that was cut from that was Cities: Skyline (for obvious DLC reasons).
If there was something GS related for that Sept. direct, I really don't see why they'd wait THIS long to show it off. pretty sure we can just discard that already.

Anyways, if we do end up getting GS on the 3DS it would...unideal, but you can bet that I would get it, assuming it isn't bad or butchered in anyway of course.

andree123

Smash Ace
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-new-year-new-mii.90098/page-14#post-16501242
Same person who said that Animal Crossing and Pokemon let's go are going to be released for the switch said that we're getting a Trilogy and a 2D game.

I'm expecting a Golden Sun Trilogy and a 2D Zelda game (MULTIPLAYER PLEASE!) for the Switch set to be announced in a direct on March or April, because I'm highly expecting the rumored January 10th Direct coming to be a Smash one.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-new-year-new-mii.90098/page-14#post-16501242
Same person who said that Animal Crossing and Pokemon let's go are going to be released for the switch said that we're getting a Trilogy and a 2D game.

I'm expecting a Golden Sun Trilogy and a 2D Zelda game (MULTIPLAYER PLEASE!) for the Switch set to be announced in a direct on March or April, because I'm highly expecting the rumored January 10th Direct coming to be a Smash one.
Not sure about that Smash Direct speculation, I just don't know what they could show. I suppose if they're far along in DLC development, we could see a PP release date and footage of Joker and the second Fighter Pass character, but given that it took about 5 months (late Nov. - April) to see footage of Mewtwo after it was announced (and we even saw a model, more than we can say about Joker), I'm not expecting anything outside of a PP release date for any Smash info in that Direct. If we are getting a trilogy, I bet it's Metroid Prime HD. With 4 coming out soonTM, I fully expect a Trilogy released on Switch to catch people up with the series.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Not sure about that Smash Direct speculation, I just don't know what they could show. I suppose if they're far along in DLC development, we could see a PP release date and footage of Joker and the second Fighter Pass character, but given that it took about 5 months (late Nov. - April) to see footage of Mewtwo after it was announced (and we even saw a model, more than we can say about Joker), I'm not expecting anything outside of a PP release date for any Smash info in that Direct. If we are getting a trilogy, I bet it's Metroid Prime HD. With 4 coming out soonTM, I fully expect a Trilogy released on Switch to catch people up with the series.
I also have my doubts on a Smash direct, it just seems too soon for that + if I were Nintendo I'd try to keep some DLC cards under my sleeve for E3, with Smash being already out I think it is one of the best strategies to create hype at E3, maybe even show the 2019 Pokémon game (though historically it gets announced on its one and then expanded through E3), regarding the trilogy I too would be worried about it being Prime remastered instead of GS.

Though I'd prefer the remake to only cover the first 2 games

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m pretty sure the Trilogy is referring to a Metroid Prime Trilogy port to the Switch. Unless they do a HD Trilogy of the Zelda games being Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and a new HD remaster of Skyward Sword. But if it is Golden Sun, I will flip TF out.

A 2D game got me stumped. 2D Zelda maybe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom