• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
To be fair if the ballot hadn't happened the roster would have been the exact same minus K Rool so at best Sakurai did what he wanted and used the ballot to justify it and at worst K Rool is really all the ballot affected which to be fair means our input didn't matter for the roster.
I doubt he would have chosen Ridley (he would be a boss again), but welp, the other 4 ones would be included no matter what the ballot said; you have a point there.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Guys, imagine if they did a Mii Costume DLC again (which is very likely) and they give us more Golden Sun costumes. I can see Felix and Matthew being easy choices. But who else would you guys want?

D

Deleted member

https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...6378/page-571#lg=_xfUid-70-1545602694&slide=0

So I found this in the Geno thread. It's a picture of Donkey Kong throwing the Isaac assist trophy.

Assist trophies can do anything a fighter can do, and some can take damage. Isaac is one that can take damage.

They are pretty much exactly like playable characters, except the only difference is that, well, you can't control them.

Let's see the pros in making Isaac a playable character in a wave 2 of DLC:

- Really easy to make him a playable character (already have the model, animations, and some of his moveset)
- Please the many Isaac fans

Cons:

Just wanted to put this out there

Edit: Oh wait, I made a mistake. To find the image, scroll down on the page to find a user called "MondoMega" and he posts a pic of DK throwing Isaac

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, the other difference is AT's don't have programmed input commands and are full A.I. instead, and lack a ton of moves and animations that only playable characters get.

They're the next step down below... well, maybe bosses are right below playable characters, with AT's next(not all AT's are nearly as major as Isaac is in this case. Many have less moves and animations, and cannot be hurt or thrown. So there's a level of difference between 'em).

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Well, the other difference is AT's don't have programmed input commands and are full A.I. instead, and lack a ton of moves and animations that only playable characters get.

They're the next step down below... well, maybe bosses are right below playable characters, with AT's next(not all AT's are nearly as major as Isaac is in this case. Many have less moves and animations, and cannot be hurt or thrown. So there's a level of difference between 'em).
Damn. Now I can’t help but imagine how epic a Saturos and Mendardi boss fight would have been...

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Guys, imagine if they did a Mii Costume DLC again (which is very likely) and they give us more Golden Sun costumes. I can see Felix and Matthew being easy choices. But who else would you guys want?
For GS costumes I've got nothing I'd really want, sorry. Square is Square so I don't expect it, but I'd like costumes of other FF protagonists.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Ivan for bias. Karis, Rief, Sveta also have designs I'd love to wear as a mii costume. Shame there wasn't more spirits from Dark Dawn. I would have looked forward to not being able to find them like the current GS spirits I can't seem to obtain.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I doubt he would have chosen Ridley (he would be a boss again), but welp, the other 4 ones would be included no matter what the ballot said; you have a point there.
I don't know Sakurai has focused on Ridley for so long I still think he would have been included. Either way I still kinda count Ridley because you can't argue his inclusion isn't due to fans.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ivan for bias. Karis, Rief, Sveta also have designs I'd love to wear as a mii costume. Shame there wasn't more spirits from Dark Dawn. I would have looked forward to not being able to find them like the current GS spirits I can't seem to obtain.
Since Spirits can be given via DLC (like what happened with Partner Pikachu/Eevee), I hope they give us more GS Spirits. Not having Piers and Sheba is weird.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Since Spirits can be given via DLC (like what happened with Partner Pikachu/Eevee), I hope they give us more GS Spirits. Not having Piers and Sheba is weird.
Give us the rest of the Dark Dawn cast, the djinns, Saturos & Menardi, Alex and Kraden too!
Better yet, give us Spirits for the protagonists of a brand new GS game (as a bonus with Isaac's DLC pack)!

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Give us the rest of the Dark Dawn cast, the djinns, Saturos & Menardi, Alex and Kraden too!
Actually, just throw every Dark Dawn djinn in there while we're at it.

They all have unique art, right?

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Actually, just throw every Dark Dawn djinn in there while we're at it.

They all have unique art, right?
Exactly! And if something asinconsequential as a Wii Fitness balance board can be a spirit, Wynaut the non essential cast? Briggs, Chaucha, Hammet, Feizhi, etc etc etc etc etc—

Total Golden Sun Spirit Count: all of them.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One thing I just realized is that SSB Ultimate is doing a better job than Dark Dawn at recognizing the original GS characters (GS1 + 2 cast) exist.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Yeah, but the first renew of the GS happened 9 years after the first game. IIRC, in Japan they have to renew their trademarks every nine-years period, so they had to. It was the second renew which was strange.

Renewing trademark is just to protect their name and franchise. It doesn't mean they're interested in making a new game. They had renewed the Eternal Darkness trademark a lot of times (I've the feeling I read like 3 or 4 times that piece of news) and they didn't do anything with that franchise, for example.
Actually....
The Eternal Darkness trademark was filed by Nintendo of America. So that automatically has no bearing on this situation.
Secondly, that time limit for trademarks to expire has been steadily decreasing by ten years in every decade. In the late 80's it was 30, late 90's it turned 20, and 2007-8 it turned into 10 years in Japan. Now, notice how Golden Sun was actually first filed before it became ten years. That's also why we can still see the original trademark on j plat plat; it's still entirely valid, and will continue to be valid until 2021. So no, renewing Golden Sun is not simply so that they can protect the IP, since it is still protected by the law at this moment, and will continue to be that way for the foreseeable future.
It's also not even a "renewal", it's outright making a new trademark to better fit specifications.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Come the obligatory January direct, and through the rest of 2019, for the first time in several years im gonna start putting golden sun on my bingo cards.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Happy Holidays from me and the whole Isaac Adepts team

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Honestly converting an AT to a fighter would require as much work as a completely new one. They would never use these low quality AT models and animations.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I wouldn't worry about how easy a character is to make for DLC. These are characters people are paying extra to get, so they won't mind working from the ground up on anybody they decide to make.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about how easy a character is to make for DLC. These are characters people are paying extra to get, so they won't mind working from the ground up on anybody they decide to make.
Especially since no matter what, all five fighters are being started from scratch, as in they're not veterans. No matter what, these characters will take quite a bit of time to develop, so Isaac's Assist honestly has little bearing on the workload the team would take on. In fact, I'd expect them to make a new hand model as well: the recolored Master Hand isn't as accurate as the rounded one in Brawl, and I bet Sakurai would want to represent Isaac perfectly.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I wouldn't even be upset at this point if they just used Isaac's AT model for a playable model. I don' think it really looks bad when zoomed out. It only starts to look lesser detailed when zooming in on Isaac's face, and most of the time you wouldn't really be looking that closely at him anyways.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Honestly, I wouldn't even be upset at this point if they just used Isaac's AT model for a playable model. I don' think it really looks bad when zoomed out. It only starts to look lesser detailed when zooming in on Isaac's face, and most of the time you wouldn't really be looking that closely at him anyways.
Yeah, during a fight, but afterwards when you win, the victory screen isn't gonna look too good. I'd hope that they at the very least touch up the face.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They can be used as a basis however.
This.

I don't really see it happening, but there's a rumor going around that there's spot for 30 DLC characters through data mining. So if it'll be 30 characters, I think Isaac is likely one of them.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
This.

I don't really see it happening, but there's a rumor going around that there's spot for 30 DLC characters through data mining. So if it'll be 30 characters, I think Isaac is likely one of them.
Well, there are 30 open slots (Source) (Every "NONE" slot is empty). Two are being used for Piranha Plant and Joker, leaving 28 left. I think there won't be 30 DLC characters, of course, since it's common practice to overcompensate with types/slots/whatever just in case. I doubt more than 10 are used (the 6 uniques and 4 free echoes). I think Isaac is likely anyway, but there probably won't be 30 DLC characters.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This is so very sweet! Thank you for making this and thinking of us all.

As I read through the comic, I’ve found myself very fond of not only Isaac, but everyone that didn’t make it in the roster. I hope we all get our chance one day.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, during a fight, but afterwards when you win, the victory screen isn't gonna look too good. I'd hope that they at the very least touch up the face.
They'd definitely give Isaac a new face model when this game is focused on facial expressions.

D

Deleted member

One thing I just realized is that SSB Ultimate is doing a better job than Dark Dawn at recognizing the original GS characters (GS1 + 2 cast) exist.
6 characters versus 2, so you gotta give the edge to Ultimate.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The haunting of the Dark Dawn cliffhanger lol. After Isaac and Garet mysteriously disappear. I totally see Matthew seeking the help of the other parents Jenna, Ivan, Mia etc. I'm sure with how meticulous the brothers are with the story, they had ways to incorporate the old cast naturally. I sometimes wonder what the adult designs of the other cast members would have looked like.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The haunting of the Dark Dawn cliffhanger lol. After Isaac and Garet mysteriously disappear. I totally see Matthew seeking the help of the other parents Jenna, Ivan, Mia etc. I'm sure with how meticulous the brothers are with the story, they had ways to incorporate the old cast naturally. I sometimes wonder what the adult designs of the other cast members would have looked like.
IKR? They kept saying Ivan looks like he barely aged at all, but I still wanted to know what his Dark Dawn version looked like. Plus, I wanted to know who the hell his wife is. Considering Karis doesn’t look anything like him, with the green hair and all.

Unless she’s actually blonde and she dyed it. Although this is coming from the same family lineage that has purple hair. Ok you know what, never mind.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
IKR? They kept saying Ivan looks like he barely aged at all, but I still wanted to know what his Dark Dawn version looked like. Plus, I wanted to know who the hell his wife is. Considering Karis doesn’t look anything like him, with the green hair and all.

Unless she’s actually blonde and she dyed it. Although this is coming from the same family lineage that has purple hair. Ok you know what, never mind.
I wonder if Ivan will stay clean shaven. Isaac looks pretty good with his facial hair but I wanted to rip Garet's mustache off. Anyways there are those theories that seem to pinpoint Karis' mother to the only green haired npc that seems to exist, as funny as that comes off. Though she totally could have rocked the blonde hair and made her design look even cuter, since the green hair is kind of jarring.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I wonder if Ivan will stay clean shaven. Isaac looks pretty good with his facial hair but I wanted to rip Garet's mustache off. Anyways there are those theories that seem to pinpoint Karis' mother to the only green haired npc that seems to exist, as funny as that comes off. Though she totally could have rocked the blonde hair and made her design look even cuter, since the green hair is kind of jarring.
I imagine he would have stayed clean shaven.

Hmmm... how would the rest of the manly GS crew look in DD I wonder?

I have a feeling Felix is hermiting it away and totally has a Tom Hanks outcast beard goin on because he just doesn’t give a ****.

Piers has a sick blue goatee. Nothing more to say than that.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I imagine he would have stayed clean shaven.

Hmmm... how would the rest of the manly GS crew look in DD I wonder?

I have a feeling Felix is hermiting it away and totally has a Tom Hanks outcast beard goin on because he just doesn’t give a ****.

Piers has a sick blue goatee. Nothing more to say than that.
Felix is definitely getting the facial hair treatment lol. I also see his hair getting chopped, prob to his neck.

Ivan could have his hair trimmed off a bit at the edges, less of the poof. Combed over in a part on a specific side or something?

Jenna's losing the ponytail, longer bangs in the front, hair flared out to her back.

Mia will keep the long hair, but a different style, like have a braided crown that wraps around her head where the ponytail falls in front or the back.

Piers keeps his hair and a goatee lol. A part of me fears Ivan will be given the goatee. I'd give Garet a beard if a mustache wasn't already canon.

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Felix is definitely getting the facial hair treatment lol. I also see his hair getting chopped, prob to his neck.

Ivan could have his hair trimmed off a bit at the edges, less of the poof. Combed over in a part on a specific side or something?

Jenna's losing the ponytail, longer bangs in the front, hair flared out to her back.

Mia will keep the long hair, but a different style, like have a braided crown that wraps around her head where the ponytail falls in front or the back.

Piers keeps his hair and a goatee lol. A part of me fears Ivan will be given the goatee. I'd give Garet a beard if a mustache wasn't already canon.
When I saw Garet with that mustache I called him "old man Garet" lol

Top Bottom