• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

I've been lurking for a while, partly because that's my nature but also because words don't seem quite adequate for the feeling. I want to say, like you all, I've been hoping for Isaac in Smash for a long time. And I think it might just happen. It feels a bit like Christmas Eve, not knowing exactly what tomorrow will bring. It's going to be a long night.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Bull. Crap. Had ACP-PLV for example came out and said "We have no working relationship with Nintendo or this man named Eric Bricard" #TeamFake would rightfully be screaming from the rooftops using those statements as bonafide evidence of the narrative around the leak being completely fake. All that stuff outside of the banner "doesn't matter" to you purely because it doesn't help your case.
Don't start off that dramatic.

There is potential in that. It's also easier for the company that doesn't house the man in their associate list to quickly deconfirm their connection. Not only that, but a lot of people got stuck on the 1st company everyone thought it was in regards to and harassed them. I honestly wouldn't doubt if people are still pestering the company he was with 2 years ago cause people cane be pretty dense. The other company may be investigating the situation whether true or false (maybe even waiting for Nintendo to reply to their problem) before making their statement.

This could prove it true, but even a fake leak coming out of their company is risky business. The company being quiet from all we have heard could be a good indication, but it still doesn't prove it either way. Let's say the guy was a huge Isaac (or Chorus who is bigger space on it) fan and hates Incineroar. Maybe he used the real one and smushed Incineroar out and replaced him with them. Added complications for them to figure out.

We won't know the full picture till the end. Team Neutral is the best. :p

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

There is potential in that. It's also easier for the company that doesn't house the man in their associate list to quickly deconfirm their connection. Not only that, but a lot of people got stuck on the 1st company everyone thought it was in regards to and harassed them. I honestly wouldn't doubt if people are still pestering the company he was with 2 years ago cause people cane be pretty dense. With the other company, they may be investigating the situation whether true or false (maybe even waiting for Nintendo to reply to their problem) before making their statement.

This could prove it true, but even a fake leak coming out of their company is risky business. The company being quiet from all we have heard could be a good indication, but it still doesn't prove it either way. Let's say the guy was a huge Isaac (or Chorus who is bigger space on it) fan and hates Incineroar. Maybe he used the real one and smushed Incineroar out and replaced him with them. Added complications for them to figure out.

The longer the company goes without a denial, the worse it is for their reputation. If they weren’t involved, they’d have categorically denied this as soon as possible.

TechnoHighlander

Smash Rookie
The Sun Still Burns
Also who is lordrattergun?

He is like a "Reverse Leaker" who argues a character won't get in but then the character gets announced the next day.

I would not vouch for his credabillity because he was wrong about Shantae after a Nindies direct and he was wrong
about Isaac before the September Direct. I just think he gets lucky.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
The Sun Still Burns
Also who is lordrattergun?
a troll on gamefaqs. there's jokes about him dissing fighters then they'll be playable. did it with ridley day before e3 and k. rool in august. he dissed us isaac fans before and now he dissed the grinch. he's double in!

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
The longer the company goes without a denial, the worse it is for their reputation. If they weren’t involved, they’d have categorically denied this as soon as possible.
But if they rush and put out a statement that is against both Nintendo's and the Grinch's judgement, they could also end up in hotter water as it is their property they were supposed to keep safe guarded. I greatly question how big or known this other company is as I barely hear people discuss it. Do they even have a Twitter or Facebook page? Or are they really that tiny? And seeing how Sakurai was rather secretive and protective of the roster leading up to this, I'm shocked they had some little French company handle artwork with the whole roster. The farther you spread the info from home, the more likely it will be to spill.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
But if they rush and put out a statement that is against both Nintendo's and the Grinch's judgement, they could also end up in hotter water as it is their property they were supposed to keep safe guarded. I greatly question how big or known this other company is as I barely hear people discuss it. Do they even have a Twitter or Facebook page? Or are they really that tiny? And seeing how Sakurai was rather secretive and protective of the roster leading up to this, I'm shocked they had some little French company handle artwork with the whole roster. The farther you spread the info from home, the more likely it will be to spill.
There was a video showing their office and facilities (and, yes, it’s pretty small) that had been up for two years. It was put up by a French banking firm, and taken down a day after people started using it to point out how similar the leaked stuff was to their facility.

And they can only get in trouble for a “rushed denial” and failing to protect Nintendo’s stuff if they’re ACTUALLY contracted with them for Smash (in which case they’re under NDA and not ALLOWED to comment). If there is no working relationship, or even if not for Smash, there is no reason to not deny it.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Dead serious. As serious and un-ironic as it gets for a post like this. The funny thing is how poor his predictions are.
I take it he's talking about certain teases in the new Undertale game?

And also, it still kinda baffles me how that game just kinda low-key just happened and came from nowhere.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Night of the Final Day - 12 Hours Remain

So what if, Isaac is fighter 69? And being such number, becomes really popular just for that. It kinda is a joke then everyone starts playing Golden Sun just because of this and it becomes super popular

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Night of the Final Day - 12 Hours Remain

So what if, Isaac is fighter 69? And being such number, becomes really popular just for that. It kinda is a joke then everyone starts playing Golden Sun just because of this and it becomes super popular
I would laugh, TBH, if middle school humor of all things brought Golden Sun into the Limelight.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Once Ultimate releases, I'm going to start streaming. I'm Godlike with Zelda in Ultimate so far, and Isaac will be my secondary.

Now the question is, will Isaac be competitively viable in Ultimate?

Since I have 0 clue on what Sakurai's take on his moveset will be.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
When you work as an employee for a company, anything you make is theirs. Some companies even forbid you to work on personal projects in your home on your own computer just to avoid the possible legal ramifications if you ever were to make some successful product. This prohibition isn't supposed to actually stop you from working on your own stuff, it's there more so that in order for you to do it you have to ask the "higher ups" about the project you're working on and they have to give legal permission for you to do so (almost definitely in writting).

The problem is if you were to work on your own idea on your own time any company can claim you "stole the idea" from stuff that was said/thought of during your work hours, so they have to defend themselves against that possible scenario basically by being your parent and telling you what you're allowed or not allowed to work on.

Even if copyrights did work the way you're implying, 3D modelers/character illustrators wouldn't be the owners. It would be the game designers who created their whole personality/story and made the game. Artists and programmers would probably lose the legal battle every time as they weren't the one who "created the idea". Although it could be possible for an artist to get the rights for an specific "look" (Such as the red armor with yellow niples and blue coat).
Yeah neither one of us know anything about copyright law, we were just spitballing. Thanks for the clarification! Being a game dev sounds like a masochist's paradise..

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Check this out.. Its called Ayers Rock located in Australia.. (the contentinent Osenia is indeed based off of) a real life Airs Rock with the Golden Sun shining brightly!
Ayers Rock.png

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well heading off soon and i'm hoping the best for our boy.

The Sun shall rise over Weyard once again. Have faith fellow Adepts.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

There is potential in that. It's also easier for the company that doesn't house the man in their associate list to quickly deconfirm their connection. Not only that, but a lot of people got stuck on the 1st company everyone thought it was in regards to and harassed them. I honestly wouldn't doubt if people are still pestering the company he was with 2 years ago cause people cane be pretty dense. With the other company, they may be investigating the situation whether true or false (maybe even waiting for Nintendo to reply to their problem) before making their statement.

Funnily enough, most people on Team Fake that I've seen actually bother with the Eric Bricard craziness say that the leaker framed him and the company rather than assume the faker himself worked for this company. I know its better to be Team Neutral (I don't even particularly like most of the banner characters that much) but most of the reason I'm Team Real is because Team Fake's basic premise relies on the leaker being some maniac with Dr. Doom's absurd preparedness and Dr. Doofenshmirtz's obsession with over complexity before barely even trying to factor in the weirdness of the company's actions is much less solid than Team Real which has issues with the background but outside of that doesn't need to go to comical ends to gives its basic premise any sort of leg to stand on. Neither are ironclad but Real doesn't stretch incredulity beyond my personal tolerance threshold.

I could be wrong but I just feel that Team Real is the logical choice when trying to analyze the whole story from a neutral perspective and make an educated guess. Team Fake could still realistically come out on top but at that point it would be less "Team Real is stupid" and more "reality is stranger than fiction" territory.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I could be wrong but I just feel that Team Real is the logical choice when trying to analyze the whole story from a neutral perspective and make an educated guess. Team Fake could still realistically come out on top but at that point it would be less "Team Real is stupid" and more "reality is stranger than fiction" territory.
A lot is possible and not out of people's umm... interests? Bowesette isn't that old of a fan created sensation, but we already have people modding her into games. Someone taking the time to set up a complex leak isn't out of the realm of possibility!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3RezAox3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O28U4kUGOgw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aglc0HDU6bA

We'll know soon enough!

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Sephazon Sephazon I'm a bit late to the party but I just wanted to thank you for your input. I'm also doing translation in JP and have some friends in the gaming industry, and a lot of what you've said matches up with my own experience and their stories about how things operate, so I think you have a good handle on this kind of stuff and I can clearly see how you arrived at your conclusion.

I most of all agree that this is basically Schrodinger's leak because it's impossible to prove or disprove until we get the Direct in 12 hours. I admit when I first saw it my gut response was "there's no way, it's too good to be true, there are just too many unique characters to save for a final reveal." And that's still the biggest strike against it in my mind, more than the leakers, more than anything. I've read all the same speculation and arguments as you and I guess where you come out as being on team fake, I just prefer to stay optimistic and be on team real simply because it would be a dream come true.

I think that no matter what happens this will go down as the most elaborate and controversial Smash leak of all time. Pretty much every skeptic or believer is totally justified because there's so much ridiculousness surrounding this leak in terms of legitimate arguments for both sides.

With that said, Isaac's the only character I've wanted since Brawl so I'm gonna keep supporting him to the bitter end :O all will be revealed very soon.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Skull Kid and KOS-MOS from Xenoblade were on that banner and the leaker didnt know it.. Skull Kid is right next to Mach Rider cant miss him, why would anybody who were to fake a leak miss characters they photoshopped onto it? I believe its the real deal, I am so ready for the Golden Sun to rise during tomorrow's Direct! #TeamReal

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
If an undertale character is in this game I'd feel really weird tbh. Because the thought of smash remixed undertale music is very appealing to me, but hearing Xander Mobus say "Sans" or "Frisk" or whoever gets in will likely never leave the back of my mind

ZelDan

Smash Master
I wouldn't be against a Sans assist trophy TBH. Undertale music in Smash would be godlike.

EDIT: Speaking of which, they better add some Shovel Knight music too!

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Popping in from the Shantae thread to wish you guys Good Luck.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Funnily enough, most people on Team Fake that I've seen actually bother with the Eric Bricard craziness say that the leaker framed him and the company rather than assume the faker himself worked for this company. I know its better to be Team Neutral (I don't even particularly like most of the banner characters that much) but most of the reason I'm Team Real is because Team Fake's basic premise relies on the leaker as some maniac with Dr. Doom's absurd preparedness and Dr. Doofenshmirtz's obsession with over complexity before barely even trying to factor in the weirdness of the company's actions but is much less solid than Team Real which has issues with the background but outside of that doesn't need to go to comical ends to gives its basic premise any sort of leg to stand on. Neither are ironclad but Real doesn't stretch incredulity beyond my personal tolerance threshold.

First time I’ve seen Dr. Doom and Dr. Doof named in the same sentence.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Ok, I'm about to nod off, but I just want to say that I'll probably miss the live direct, so I'll have to catch it later. IDK if I'm going to check the thread in the morning, but if I don't, it's truly been an honor to sit around and speculate with you guys for the cycle. Now, hopefully we watch the Golden Sun rise on a bright new era for all of us.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I'm feeling pretty bummed out, but I hope for something good tomorrow. I really hope leakers are wrong. Good luck everyone and whatever happens I hope we all keep supporting Isaac and Golden Sun until the series gets another chance to shine.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, Regardless of how things are, there's at least one Insider who's sticking to his gun on Isaac, going up against the big hitter Verge and others. So I'd say Isaac's chances are 50/50 and I for one and banking on the winning side, despite my belief that the leak is fake.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
So guess nothing interesting has happened in the last couple hours I was gone.

Well, it seems our hopes are with the Grinch leak now. We've gotta hope somehow all these insiders and their sources are wrong and Nintendo had them all duped... but somehow this blurry banner got out, is legit, and is the one truth Nintendo failed to cover up.

Here's a lengthy write-up analyses on the Grinch leak that is in support of the leak: https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

Reminder: Characters like Ridley, Simon, and Isabelle were spoiled ahead of time. We've got insiders right now who've heard of Ken and Incineroar. I saw some podcast recently where an insider said his sources have been murky on the timing of reveals, but accurate on characters, and he's only heard of Ken from the Grinch leak.

This is the train we're on, folks. Where it takes us, we're about to find out in a couple hours. Brace for the worst, but keep the support and hopes high. The fact is, the odds will have to be defied here for our boy to be where we want him: a playable fighter. If somehow that happens, the ride will end on the best note it can conceivably end on. And should the worst be the case, we'll have to band together and cope with it. It'll sting for a bit, but we'll pull through. :)

Right now, the light has not yet diminished. Keep them suns shining gold, my friends!

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I’m all for betting on Isaac getting in with a reveal trailer tomorrow. I just don’t see any other scenario.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Isaac Trailer: Rathalos is fighting Link, Shulk, and Marth. Rathalos smacks Link away with his tail, claws at Marth and sends him flying. Then he shoots a fireball at Shulk and before it hits him the ground rises and shields Shulk. Shulk turns around and sees Isaac.

Newcomer: Isaac
Assist Trophy: Matthew
Stage: Venus Lighthouse

New Growth Psynergy item

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
A lot is possible and not out of people's umm... interests? Bowesette isn't that old of a fan created sensation, but we already have people modding her into games. Someone taking the time to set up a complex leak isn't out of the realm of possibility!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3RezAox3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O28U4kUGOgw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aglc0HDU6bA

We'll know soon enough!
My inclination towards Team Real has very little to do with the banner itself actually. If the visual evidence for the leak was solely the banner and the background I'd actually be Team Fake (or at least Team Wait and See but betting on fake). Its everything else combined with the leak, background inconsistencies aside, looking suitably professional as I'd expect from Sakurai and Nintendo that makes me pause and think. Yeah Team Fake says everything that happened can ultimately be part of a overly complex plan (except ACP's behavior, nobody on Team Fake ever makes a credible argument when this gets pointed out to them) but I prefer not to stretch my suspension of disbelief that much.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Isaac Trailer: Rathalos is fighting Link, Shulk, and Marth. Rathalos smacks Link away with his tail, claws at Marth and sends him flying. Then he shoots a fireball at Shulk and before it hits him the ground rises and shields Shulk. Shulk turns around and sees Isaac.

Newcomer: Isaac
Assist Trophy: Matthew
Stage: Venus Lighthouse

New Growth Psynergy item
If that Rathalos picture truly is a hint at Isaac's reveal trailer, Sakurai is one sly dog. :D

Top Bottom