• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I just want to say it's been a pleasure hyping with you all, this could really be our time and I want to thank every one of you for continually pushing for Isaac in the most dire of circumstances and allowing him to still be one of the big names of the community after all this time. If Isaac is isn't in things will hopefully pick back up again with the advent of DLC and if he is in we finally accomplished our mission after so long
No worries. I can understand the points in favor if its legitimacy. I believe Isaac does deserve a spot, and I'd be lying to say I'll be disappointed if it does turn out to be a hoax. Contrary to my opinion, I want all of these characters and can see the points in their favor.

Even if I did know more, I should still have to argue against the leak using evidence in regards to the leak. I hate to compare it to court, but even if we KNOW somebody did a crime, we still have to prove it. In that regards, I have reasonable doubt to its legitimacy is all, and that's enough for me. It's not enough for other people, and that's okay. I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong and the last to say if I'm right. As an aside, in my experience, leaks typically come from internal marketing (ie video editors, localizers, copy editors, etc).

That's fair, but I'm not sure Nintendo would do that with TPCi. I personally don't believe DLC has been worked on yet and, if Incineroar is legitimate, that he would be DLC. We may see DLC discussed in the Direct, but I doubt anything shown. However, I understand arguments that it could be.
I really appreciate how honest you are being with the community compared to other people with insider connection. Although I'm still siding with the leak being real and I don't personally agree with some of the conclusions you have such as only getting two characters, you make understandable and logical points that do make some sense and you are open to the prospect of it being real so you have my upmost respect =)

Last edited:
Just dropping by from the Geno and Skull Kid threads to wish you all good luck for tomorrow!

Y'all deserve to have your Golden boi playable in Ultimate.

Peace out.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Isaac bros
I'm dropping here from the Geno thread. Seeing that many of you guys drop by over there to give us support, I feel I should do the same :)
So let's reach happiness together, buddies! Good luck!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I like that the direct is in the morning because if Isaac is announced playable the Sun will literally be rising for us.

In any case whatever happens tomorrow morning it's been an honor. May Isaac have his time in the golden sun tomorrow.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Well I am out of time and need to call it a night now. I just want to acknowledge what a journey this has been for me. For the past 3 months I went from just wishfully hoping for Isaac in the shadows to being called to action by that rathalos tweet and billybae10ks video of Isaac for smash ultimate that made me support Isaac with all my heart. Even in the dry times, you all came by my side and gave me hope and fellowship as I once thought there weren’t many other golden sun fans left after smash 4. I couldn’t be any more glad to be wrong about that. All of you Isaac supporters gave me the hope to keep on gunning for isaac. As the end of our journey draws near, I want you all to know I’m so grateful. Whatever happens, I have faith the sun will rise tomorrow for us after the dark dawn we went through for 10 years. It’s our time now. I feel it.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Duckmeat. The brains behind the blog theory operation has made the prediction that we will see 7 characters. This is based on the fact that character reveal pace on the blog has increased significantly over the last couple weeks. He is going all in. And based on his math I have to agree.

Also. The smash direct which featured Greninja was retweeted by Masuda. However, this smash direct has not had the same treatment. Consider it circumstantial if you will. However it is a very common practice among developers in the nintendo fleet to retweet directs when said directs relate to their products. This behavior is often observed by Masuda when things relate to pokemon. It also can be seen with Soyahara Saga when things relate to Xenoblade. Until he retweets that direct, I do not believe Incinroar is present. That is not a killing blow by any means. But it's damage none the less.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ever since Little Mac made the jump in Smash 4 from Assist to Fighter, there hasn't been another promotion I've been holding onto quite like Isaac. I've been on this hype train for Isaac since 2014, and in less than 12 hours from now, our Golden Boy's fate will finally be confirmed. Hopefully my Halloween Summoning Ritual works in favour of Isaac.
Isaac_Summoning_Ritualdot.jpg
I'm ready for whatever happens (and the following sleep depravation too), but I am wishing all the best for the Grinch Gang of Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Mach Rider, Chorus Men, Geno, Ken and Shadow. We'll all see this finish line together!

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
So guess nothing interesting has happened in the last couple hours I was gone.

Well, it seems our hopes are with the Grinch leak now. We've gotta hope somehow all these insiders and their sources are wrong and Nintendo had them all duped... but somehow this blurry banner got out, is legit, and is the one truth Nintendo failed to cover up.

Here's a lengthy write-up analyses on the Grinch leak that is in support of the leak: https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

Reminder: Characters like Ridley, Simon, and Isabelle were spoiled ahead of time. We've got insiders right now who've heard of Ken and Incineroar. I saw some podcast recently where an insider said his sources have been murky on the timing of reveals, but accurate on characters, and he's only heard of Ken from the Grinch leak.

This is the train we're on, folks. Where it takes us, we're about to find out in a couple hours. Brace for the worst, but keep the support and hopes high. The fact is, the odds will have to be defied here for our boy to be where we want him: a playable fighter. If somehow that happens, the ride will end on the best note it can conceivably end on. And should the worst be the case, we'll have to band together and cope with it. It'll sting for a bit, but we'll pull through. :)

Right now, the light has not yet diminished. Keep them suns shining gold, my friends!
I read that entire article just now and it's fantastic. When he lays it all out together like that it's ridiculous to think that anyone could have planned such an elaborate prank. Absolutely ludicrous.

Then again, if you've watched Better Call Saul you'll know that the best way to fool everyone is to be willing to go to much greater lengths than anyone reasonably would. So it could still be fake but at that point I'd just have to laugh and give the leaker props for pulling a Saul Goodman.

So basically, I'm all the way back on #TeamReal. Not too long now, so let the chips fall where they may, and if it really is just Kencineroar left I'll happily take the L. Let's do this y'all!

The hype train is now leaving the station. All aboard!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's gonna be so anticlimactic if we got almost 30,000 replies, over 700 pages, routinely placed in the top 3 of tons of polls on the internet, had all this evidence going for us, and still somehow can't get into Smash. I really just want to believe that won't happen but I'm still really scared.

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
So before i hop off SB until after the Direct. If there was anyway i could show my support to y'all for next day. I'd best say it like this.

Evidence VS Claims, who wins?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm not feeling that good at the moment, so it's pretty difficult for me to feel hyped. :/
Chin up! It's not over till Sakurai says it's over. :)

So, I'm finishing up Castlevania Season 2 and the most hilarious thing I realized. The two new characters in it. One of them is named Isaac, and the other has a Sun symbol. Coincidence?!?

grizby2

Smash Lord
Formality time!

ahem*

good luck my Golden BOIS! you've been standing strong and proud for many years since brawl (and even earlier for some of you!), and now the time has come for all of us! I wish you the best of luck.

dance through the darkness, wish hard, peck and claw towards the horizon, thrust thy spear into battle. force your summons to the clouds through which a path is torn by the light of the Golden sun. to a new age of SMASH BROS!

LETS GO!!!

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
It was great seeing Isaac at the front of smash speculation for this season, I remember back in smash ballot days all my friends voted for shovel knight now look where the are lol, with both Ridley and k rool revealed really early it gave us the perfect spot to be in the spotlight here's hoping tomorrow that vegetarian bin becomes a bad nightmare and that the Grinch is the equivalent to esrb. Let's go people!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hitting the hay. When I wake up, it’ll be Direct time. Best wishes to Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Ken, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider and Shadow. We can do this!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Let me just say first off that I do appreciate everything Sakurai has done with this game and I’m already so happy with everything it has going for it. And no matter what happens in the Direct I’m still buying it day 1.

But I’m going to feel slighted a bit if Isaac is revealed as an assist trophy. If he was just an assist trophy this entire time then I’m really sad that Sakurai didn’t show him off months ago and decided to wait to do that until now. Because being a Golden Sun fan the only time we can get excited anymore is during Smash speculation when we’re hoping our golden boy can finally get in.

I don’t know.... I’m a little scared because Ultimate is THE fan game. Sakurai himself is looking at who the fans want and if Isaac doesn’t make it this time around I doubt he ever will unless Nintendo decides to do something with the Golden Sun series.

Either way I’m hopeful. Isaac has the fan votes, Sakurai seemed to tweet a GS reference, there’s that item that may be Growth. Guess we’ll find out in a few hours. Anyways it’s been fun hoping these last couple of months. Let’s see if the Sun will finally rises. Godspeed fellow Golden Sun fans.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I just wanted to say that whatever ends up happening, I wish you Issac fans the best of luck! You all deserve it.

Because being a Golden Sun fan the only time we can get excited anymore is during Smash speculation when we’re hoping our golden boy can finally get in.
This is exactly why I'm really hoping Issac is in. I don't know what the status of the Golden Sun franchise is, but EarthBound is dead and will not be coming back. Smash is what preserves EarthBound's legacy, so even if there isn't another Golden Sun game, at you guys can have Issac to represent an amazing series. Let's hope that Ness and Issac, the JRPG bros, can meet finally meet! :ness:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Looks like this is it. There are a thousand different emotions I’m feeling right now, but my hope is strong. Experiencing this with you guys has been a great pleasure, we’ve had our ups and downs but one thing has remained the same: our love for Isaac and Golden Sun. I have but one last message to give before this final battle.

“We did it because we’re us!”
-Ivan

Olo

Smash Cadet
It's at 8am for me, and I have a lab then. Looks like I'll be multitasking. Luckily it's a really easy computer science course because it uses Python which I've been using for years wahahaha

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well you guys, here we are. The night before the direct. It has been a blast to be all around you guys and gals. The journey for Isaac to be fully playable could end tomorrow. I'm getting giddy with anticipation! Let's hope for the best and expect the worst. Fellow adepts, you've all been fantastic during this era of Smash speculation. I have wanted Isaac since the Brawl days and now playing the game will allow me to appreciate his inclusion all the merrier.
20181028_202953.jpg

This is a sign in our family machine shop. This is meant to represent an agricultural company around the area I live. I come from a family farm and I take great pride in it. Being from the country side, I get to witness many amazing sunrises and sunsets. I will be working tomorrow at 9:00 A.M. Central time and then I'm teaching a couple martial arts classes at 5:30 P.M. So I won't be to watch it until tomorrow night. The urge to check Smashboards and the main Smash site will be strong, but I will try to hold back on that. I will be checking the forum before I leave for work before 8 A.M.

Tomorrow, the sun will rise and it will signal Isaac's long awaited confirmation into Smash. May the fortunes smile upon us on this day. This is his time! Good luck to all the support groups tomorrow!
LET'S GO!!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Alright folks, 7 hours and 40 minutes to go.

Let's stay calm, stay positive and remember

No matter what it takes, we can get Isaac in Smash! I BELIEVE!!!

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Alright folks, 7 hours and 40 minutes to go.

Let's stay calm, stay positive and remember

No matter what it takes, we can get Isaac in Smash! I BELIEVE!!!
I can't sleep. I just can't. I must stay up. For the SUN!!!

Normally I always stay up as late as possible so that way I can exhaust myself and sleep as late as possible

I've got that feeling in my gut. Anybody else got that right now?

Extreme anxiety.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't sleep. I just can't. I must stay up. For the SUN!!!

Normally I always stay up as late as possible so that way I can exhaust myself and sleep as late as possible

I've got that feeling in my gut. Anybody else got that right now?

Extreme anxiety.
Take some Tylenol

Set your alarm

Sleep

LMAO

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are lucky you can sleep until the announcement. It's 3:30 PM over here and this work day has dragged on forever. Still got another couple hours before I can go home and the Direct is at 11 PM. Means I'll be getting to sleep around midnight at the earliest and then I have a very tough assignment for tomorrow at work but oh well. Sleep deprivation is worth it for Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh my God. You are always lurking. <3 how long have been doing this now? 11 years? LMFAO oh my God
On this site 11 years on and off (mostly OFF LMAO).

In Smash speculation in general... IDK 2000?

You should know those 11 years on this site, you've damn known me for most of that!!!! x d

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Holy geez you guys, so much talking while I slept... for 16 hours... ok yeah that's on me. (I spent like 4 hours catching up while also doing other things, yeesh.)

I'll probably just stay up a few hours later than I normally do to watch the direct, since there's no way I'll be able to wake up at 9 am. :p

Sorta have been taking a lot of this week off from work til I take care of something at the doc so I will have tomorrow off I'd say, might as well just mess up my sleep schedule a little bit.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
With that report....

They mentioned rareware games...

It sounds only possible if they arranged a deal.....

And the sites saying imminent.....as in.....TOMMROW imminent.....

The second I got back on that Hope train. I knew there would have to be light at the end of this tunnel.

I just want my goldeneye boy. But if I can see Banjo and Geno fans rejoice as well tommrow, it will be one of the happiest days of my life.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stopping in again to give you guys all my support for all of you to keep hoping until the Direct airs. I believe in Isaac getting in. Don't lost hope!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I envy you all guys sleeping right now. It's day time here and I have to wait till the direct with nothing to do because it's vacations.
These last hours are gonna be long...

Last edited:
Top Bottom