• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I haven't been active in here over the last few weeks because of how crazy the boards have been. Being a mod can be crazy when the leaks start flying.

However, I wanted to come in here to say that out of every character I support on the boards, I've not supported any of them like I've supported Isaac. This has been my go to character thread since Ultimate's speculation period began. Even before that, during Smash For speculation, this was one of my most frequented character threads. It's surreal to think it's been nearly 5 years since I started speculating with some of y'all on Isaac's chances.

I digress, I came in here to say: whatever happens tomorrow keep your chins up. If Isaac is in, rejoice. If he's an Assist, be happy he made it in at all. If he's not there at all, don't give up. This is one of the best fanbases I've ever been a part of, and I hope tomorrow gives us our moment in the (Golden) Sun, but if it doesn't we should be happy with what we do get, and be happy for those who got their character. Just be as good of a fanbase as I know we are.

Anyways, best of luck to us tomorrow. It's been one hell of a ride.

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
As I have not given my full input on it yet, and because I'm just trying to pass the time, may as well give my take on the "Grinch Leak".
I want to start by saying that I am currently not convinced this leak is genuine, there has been many people coming forward saying that the leak is extremely hard to fake but I often fear that people are giving it more credit than it deserves. 1 of the common arguments I've seen for The Grinch Leak is the fact that the background would be next-to-impossible to recreate and while I do agree that is a possibility, 1 issue I do have is how blurry the background is. To me; this could be interpreted in 2 ways; The first that the leak is genuine and was indeed taken by a mobile phone and the second being that the creator deliberately made the image blurry in order to make it hard to identify. As for The Grinch aspects, while I admit this does make the leak look more credible, you got to remember that if they can fake the mural this way, it also means they can fake the Grinch part as well. If I may be honest; I'm with Artsy Omni here, it really would have helped if this image wasn't blurry and considering we live in an age where everyone has camera phones that can shoot in HD, it honestly baffles me that we still seem to get leaks that are almost always blurry.
Now, to be clear, the character renders would be very hard to create but they are not impossible, if there's 1 thing I've seen a lot of online it's some amazing fan art, remember back when we had the Rayman Leak with Artsy Omni and it fooled so many people? This could very well go the same way, especially with said image being blurry.
Now for the Linked In aspect, yes I admit this part of the leak is extremely well done and if it is fabricated, my hat is off to the people that actually came up with this. However, this is again another area that could be faked, this leak could have simply come from someone that happens to know the man's name in the leak and decided to use it as a way to trick people. If so, I certainly hope he got the other person's permission because I'm very sure it's illegal to use someone's name like that without their consent. That said, this again could work in favour of the leak as we do know the person's name is confirmed to work for a printing company that has worked with Bandai Namco but once again, this could just be someone capitalizing on that and using it to their advantage. The Smash Bros Community is huge after all, all it would take is 1 of them to have the right connections and boom! You have the potential to making a very convincing but fake leak.
Throughout this post, you probably think I am 100% on Team Fake but believe it or not, no, I am actually Team Neutral. Would I love for this leak to be real? Hell yes, I've been wanted Isaac for ages and I'm even interested in Geno and Banjo & Kazooie but right now, I've yet to be convinced but fortunately, it doesn't matter, we only have just over 13 hours before the direct is aired so once the direct is over, we will all know if the leak is real or fake. If there is anything in this post that I got wrong or missed, please let me know, I'm always open to conversation.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
"DETRRRRRMINATION" Is definitely what I'm going to yell tomorrow when Isaac gets revealed.

Also guys… this dude has confirmed K rool and Ridley a day before they got revealed, by joking about them…he is joking again and this time about the Grinch leak… just saying… get hyped
unknown.png

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
A friend of mine who used to work on 3D animation in gaming just presented a really interesting theory:
So a few months ago, the charcater designer for Isaac died. What if the copy right to Isaac was HIS? What if, in his will, we wanted his family to have the rights to Isaac, and not Camelot/Nintendo? They weren't doing anything with him anyway..
Neither of us are legal experts, but it was a theory I haven't heard anyone bring up before so i thought I'd share it.
Well the artist who died wasn't the character artist for isaac. Apparently he did some of the monster designs in golden sun and it was just a misconception a lot of people made from some article titles. I'll try to find the link where i read it.
And even if that were the case, Nintendo holds the copyright for Golden Sun, it’s characters, it’s enemies, it’s music, etc.

The artist dying would not keep Isaac from appearing in anything else because they do not own Isaac. Nintendo does.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Don’t really have any attachment to Golden Sun, let alone Isaac, but I wish you guys the best of luck for tomorrow.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fellow Adepts, haven't posted here in a while but am still anticipating Isaac coming to Smash in a little more than half a day time. We've got lot's of things going for us, not just that one leak, but also the potential Growth Psynergy item, the Ballot results, and the Rathalos pic. Hope we can all keep the faith for a new rising of the Golden Sun! I definitely am holding my breath for Isaac, he's pretty much all am hoping for at the moment. Even if I focused most of my support to the likes of Dixie and Impa, I think I could live without them if Isaac is included (given I also got King K.Rool of course).

And if Isaac won't make it, let's make sure to vote for him more religiously than the last time if there's gonna be another ballot!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Getting late here on my ends too, but I attempted to invite StoicSeraph StoicSeraph one more time to join us during the final hours of the Direct through Twitter.

Anyway... better knock myself dead so I can even sleep tonight.

Tomorrow, I hope is gonna be the day where Smash Ultimate, truly ends up becoming one to all of us.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
A friend of mine who used to work on 3D animation in gaming just presented a really interesting theory:
So a few months ago, the charcater designer for Isaac died. What if the copy right to Isaac was HIS? What if, in his will, we wanted his family to have the rights to Isaac, and not Camelot/Nintendo? They weren't doing anything with him anyway..
Neither of us are legal experts, but it was a theory I haven't heard anyone bring up before so i thought I'd share it.
999/1000 times. When you do art for a major corporation. When you hand over that art to management, it is not yours. PERIOD. And when you sign on to game, you hand over your intellecual property for the money to produce the game in the first place. That is statistical impossibility.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
So, I posted this in the main thread, but I thought it could get some interesting discussion going. It kinda got lost in the ether. What do you guys think?

So I had a weird idea. I got it thinking about Ditto and how a lot of the AT now have fuller move sets.

What if the Assist Trophy could also spawn any of the playable fighters on the roster in addition to the Assist Trophies. For example, if he's not a chosen fighter, Mario could show up and do a few moves, maybe end with his final smash, then poof out of existence.

If this was a thing, literally every fighter would also be an Assist Trophy. IT would been being an AT would not longer be a dis confirmation, and it would make most of the conflicting information provided by insiders suddenly not conflict any more. Specifically how we have those saying some fighters are assist trophies while others say they are playable characters.

Just a thought though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, I posted this in the main thread, but I thought it could get some interesting discussion going. It kinda got lost in the ether. What do you guys think?
I think the Waluigi fans would go bonkers.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
"DETRRRRRMINATION" Is definitely what I'm going to yell tomorrow when Isaac gets revealed.

Also guys… this dude has confirmed K rool and Ridley a day before they got revealed, by joking about them…he is joking again and this time about the Grinch leak… just saying… get hyped
View attachment 174232
The hero we need, but don't deserve. In my eyes, with how amazingly bad this guy's track record is for kickbacks, this add's credibility to the leak in a really messed up way. XD

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
So my final thoughts for today before I fall asleep...

There's little point in being negative about Isaac's chances. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he's playable we'll have proven all the naysayers wrong. If not... It's only the beginning of the next push. If he becomes an Assist Trophy it's a small victory. It makes Isaac somewhat more relevant. It would remind people he exists and that's a good thing. Just because a character has not gone from assist trophy to playable within the same game before does not mean it is not possible. We can be the first community to do it. The sun will rise. Whether that is tomorrow or in next year, or the year after that does not matter. We will have success.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Even if Isaac is deconfirmed in the Smash Direct, I want to thank this community for the ride so far. It has been great everybody no matter the outcome of the direct.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Getting late here on my ends too, but I attempted to invite StoicSeraph StoicSeraph one more time to join us during the final hours of the Direct through Twitter.

Anyway... better knock myself dead so I can even sleep tonight.

Tomorrow, I hope is gonna be the day where Smash Ultimate, truly ends up becoming one to all of us.

Same. I need to step away from all this or my anxiety will keep me awake. It’s been a long journey guys/gals. I’ll see you at the finish line.

I’ll be watching the Direct with Billybae10K Billybae10K , just feels right to go into this with a Golden Sun fan. See you in the morn, Adepts.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I took a lot of talk. A lot of genuine heartfelt discussion. A lot of thought. And a lot of avoiding the poison to my mind that is Reset Era. But here I am. I'm gonna say it.

ITS TIME FOR A GLORIOUS GOLDEN THURSDAY! TOGETHER, OUR LAST PUSH!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
When you work as an employee for a company, anything you make is theirs. Some companies even forbid you to work on personal projects in your home on your own computer just to avoid the possible legal ramifications if you ever were to make some successful product. This prohibition isn't supposed to actually stop you from working on your own stuff, it's there more so that in order for you to do it you have to ask the "higher ups" about the project you're working on and they have to give legal permission for you to do so (almost definitely in writting).

The problem is if you were to work on your own idea on your own time any company can claim you "stole the idea" from stuff that was said/thought of during your work hours, so they have to defend themselves against that possible scenario basically by being your parent and telling you what you're allowed or not allowed to work on.

Even if copyrights did work the way you're implying, 3D modelers/character illustrators wouldn't be the owners. It would be the game designers who created their whole personality/story and made the game. Artists and programmers would probably lose the legal battle every time as they weren't the one who "created the idea". Although it could be possible for an artist to get the rights for an specific "look" (Such as the red armor with yellow niples and blue coat).

Last edited:

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
Welp, I think from here on I will not come to this thread any longer until after the direct airs; I will see you adepts tomorrow, and hopefully we will be celebrating the addition of our golden boy!

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Brothers and sisters, best of wishes tomorrow. May the Golden Sun rise on us once again.

#NeverLoseHope

Last edited:

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
My last post before I go to bed: Good luck Isaacbros, I pray that this will be the time for Isaac to shine.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Someone here mentioned why Matthew wouldn't be an alt for Isaac rather than be an AT.

I don't necessarily think that's the case. If anything it could be a case where they want someone to have Isaac's old role as an AT and gave it to his son.

Not to mention all the cool snapshots we can take of Matthew helping his old man in battle. Wholesome AF. :)

Nintandy

Smash Rookie
It has been an incredible journey and I am so excited to see how tomorrow pans out! We have done all we can and we have fought hard to keep the dream alive. Regardless of the outcome I'd just like to say it is a pleasure to be here, I adore this fanbase and its relentless optimism and positivity. If nothing else we have kept the sun shining and we will continue to do so. May tomorrow be our golden day!

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
So, I wanted to create a scenario in which (I feel) the Grinch Leak could be legitimate. It's not necessarily meant to be evidence, since the entire thing is complete conjecture, but I just thought it'd be fun.

To prevent leaks, Nintendo hires a company with few employees to minimize the required trust for employees for an upcoming event's assets. However, an issue arises: Nintendo didn't send the background, which the company needs. The company, not having the background assigns someone to construct the background himself, and to his credit, he does it well for not knowing everything. The employee constructs the background, just as the company receives the official background. Being told that all of his past work was pointless, he takes pictures (or a video, I guess) of his work to complain to his friends. Really annoyed, this features curses at Nintendo and exasperation at the work that he did. The friend, however, takes it to the internet, since it's official Smash Bros. information. And, that's basically where things went.

Not perfect, but I feel like it's a scenario that could explain some things, and, meh, I enjoyed it. I like making stories.

Just a disclaimer, though, Team Real and Team Fake is a stupid split in my eyes. It's more important to be open to ideas.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Remember guys Isaac being an AT isn't the death sentence. It's going to suck for many reasons but it's that much important to continue the fight for our Golden Boy. We gotta strong arm him in the "2nd Ballot" if there is one.

That being said despite all the chaos over Vergie's comment about Isaac, I still feel optimistic about my boy. The evidence lines up as I mentioned before.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ugh! 13 hours left till the Direct. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit scared. Not only for Isaac, but for all the other fandoms. Throughout all of this, the friendships we made with them all have been amazing. Whether we have the same view as the other or not, we all have the same goal; to see our most beloved characters get into Smash as a fighter. We all are in this together!

Grinch Crew! I hope we all make it in! But also, I hope every beloved character outside of it will have their time to shine! Because Ultimate is not the end, but a beginning of something amazing.

And with that, I say, I hope to meet you all at the Golden Sunrise!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
One more thing I need to add about the "Matthew is the AT" theory.

If the item leaked in the Wendy's College trailer thingy was indeed the Growth Psynergy, then it's not a stretch to believe that Golden Sun could be getting a new character, stage, item, AT, and a boss battle in the case of Spirits (maybe a Felix Echo Fighter as well).

In this case, it would be Sakurai going all in on Golden Sun content.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I know I haven't been as constant here as some of the others in this board. But still... I just wanted to say thank you, I lurked the page since the very beggining and joined when we were about 80 pages in and just looking how far we have come as a fandom is amazing, we are the biggest supporter list, we are the biggest newcomer speculation thread for a non confirmed character, we brought our Golden boy to second place on the most wanted newcomer, second to only Banjo Kazooie, so Isaac was the number one first party if we take that into account, we made Golden Sun trending topic over a trademark renewal (something lots of fandoms attempt to do by setting a date to twit, we did organically) and now we are at 700+ pages.
I don't know what will happen tomorrow, I will hold on to hope and to what we have seen that points to Isaac's good chances (the leaks, the trademark, the mysterious item, the exit polls, the Rathalos tweet which started it all, his missing trophy and the fact that Sakurai doesn't like to beat his people around) but whatever tomorrow brings with the sun, I wanted to thank all of you, I have come to know you all through this board, I have formed a bond with you all and I am grateful that I was able to share this ride along with you

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's the big night before and I don't think I'll be posting again until tomorrow night, long after this Direct drops and clarifies everything. That being said, I just want to give my final thoughts on everything. It just feels like we're in the eye of the hurricane, the calm before the crash. A great time for introspection and retrospection.

All of us made it into this thread by different means. Some come and some go. Those who have stayed for the long haul, it's been really fun. The journey is something I value over the destination. Sharing our own experiences with each other over a common topic and goal is a special thing indeed. And it's better than brewing in it alone.

I very much believe Isaac is in this game. There will be nothing stopping the jubilation or disappointment tomorrow despite your tempered expectations. Mostly because they're shared expectations with everyone here. If he's not in, someone here will be devastated more than you will be. It's our job to pick them back up in case that does happen.

The Grinch Leak. I think it's real. Could it be an elaborate hoax? It's not impossible, but it's also not probable. That's a large distinction to make. You can hand-wave away a lot of it as "someone could do it", but that's not hard evidence. It will never be even slight evidence. That's just chaos theory and an even more ridiculous claim than people make it out to be. There's Murphy's Law and then there's creating an unrealistic portrayal of a savant who can tap dance through a monsoon and come out dry. Don't be so quick to throw away anything that doesn't fit a convenient narrative. We certainly haven't. We'll even concede to you that the background has discrepancies that are concerning and come up with at least some kind of plausible explanation. Why aren't you willing to concede to us that things just seems to line up a bit too perfectly? The new artwork, the manipulation of 70 other characters interacting with that new artwork, unique and extraneous character details in the mural. Understand that it's hard to accept the explanation that "someone could do it". Yeah, my response is the smash team artists are the ones that did. As other users point out, one man doesn't have infinite time to accomplish these things alongside fitting in a seamless story. Let's leave that alone though, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine. That was just something to get off my chest.

Now why, we're all here, Isaac. Or just something Golden Sun that reacts to your controller input. Others have gone to great lengths to say what all of us want to say. If it happens, well, all according to plan. We've seen the writing on the wall for months now. If it doesn't happen, why?

Why send out the Rathalos picture?
Why am I seeing a Growth psynergy item?
Why is this revelation SO late into the development cycle?
Why reference the ballot but ignore Isaac yet again?
Why...?

I'll be disappointed for sure, although not angry. I'll get over it just like I got over Brawl and Sm4sh speculation coming away empty-handed. For me, it will just be a mixture of confusion and frustration.

This cycle most of all with actual evidence pointing our way instead of relying solely on praying that we'd be heard. I agree with others, it would actually be pretty cruel. I'd argue rivaling Ridley, and even more in some ways.

I think this is the moment we get our turn too. There's too much mounting evidence, even without the Grinch helping our cause. In a vacuum, all of this is kind of silly, you know? Here we are championing a virtual character in a virtual game that won't really make a blip in human history either way. That's why the journey matters though. That virtual character impacted us in real ways and this thread is proof of it. When something intangible can become an adhesive for a community, well; that's what you'd call magic.

Any which way this goes, I'll be here tomorrow night and we can vent or celebrate together. Godspeed.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
If he's in I don't care if he's garbage tier or if it's not the movesets I would have picked I just want him to be number 69

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

View attachment 174232
Reading this just made my night.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
To quote the hero. "I knew what I was doing the moment I raised my sword."

Right here and now. On the cusp of out greatest battle. What could be out final battle. What's more important than anything at this point, is the will to resist. I reject the reality that Sakurai proposed in brawl. I too, now reject the reality that insiders propose. That rejection came in the form of my vote in the ballot, and the years of support I have laid out for the character in smash. It's not over until it's over. Now, I refuse to be forgotten. Written off by those within the media, or on other sites, as less than worthless. I've picked up this sword one more time. I hope it's the last time I ever have to pick it up. Regardless of what happens. I am NOT going down without a fight. I refuse to accept that possibility of defeat. I know in my heart, that this is the time. We CAN do this. We WILL do this. The Golden Sun WILL rise again.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I took a lot of talk. A lot of genuine heartfelt discussion. A lot of thought. And a lot of avoiding the poison to my mind that is Reset Era. But here I am. I'm gonna say it.

ITS TIME FOR A GLORIOUS GOLDEN THURSDAY! TOGETHER, OUR LAST PUSH!
To quote the hero. "I knew what I was doing the moment I raised my sword."

Right here and now. On the cusp of out greatest battle. What could be out final battle. What's more important than anything at this point, is the will to resist. I reject the reality that Sakurai proposed in brawl. I too, now reject the reality that insiders propose. That rejection came in the form of my vote in the ballot, and the years of support I have laid out for the character in smash. It's not over until it's over. Now, I refuse to be forgotten. Written off by those within the media, or on other sites, as less than worthless. I've picked up this sword one more time. I hope it's the last time I ever have to pick it up. Regardless of what happens. I am NOT going down without a fight. I refuse to accept that possibility of defeat. I know in my heart, that this is the time. We CAN do this. We WILL do this. The Golden Sun WILL rise again.
Preach it, mister! Our time has come!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
As we approach the final 12 hours of waiting, I'll leave one last pre-Direct post. Some of you may remember that, earlier this year, I posted a picture of myself with an Isaac cosplayer at PAX East 2018, which I'll relink in this spoiler tag:

In my eight years of attending PAX East (I've been going since it moved to the BCEC in 2011), I'd never seen a Golden Sun cosplayer before, so it really caught me off guard when I saw this guy in line for Final Fantasy XIV developer autographs. While cosplayers for popular modern games like League of Legends is almost a constant experience, seeing one for an effectively dead franchise was extremely unusual, and I was so surprised that the first thing I asked him was "Are you really Isaac?". We chatted briefly, and naturally I had to ask about Smash. His thoughts? He wasn't expecting it, much like any other Isaac fan used to disappointment in Smash, but was hopeful that the freshly announced Super Smash Bros. for Switch could be the one. I got someone to take the picture for us, we said our goodbyes and moved on. (I later learned the cosplay was because he was one of the gym leaders for the annual PAX Pokemon League, and if you happen to be out there reading this, props to you for a great gym leader idea!)

Nearly seven months later we are in a very different scenario then we were back at the beginning of April. We've seen long time fan requests like Ridley and K. Rool announced, suggesting the ballot had a very real effect on roster selection, and we've seen evidence like the Rathalos AT picture and the mysterious sprout item that appear to hint at a Golden Sun presence in the game. Moreover, we have the most credible leak since the infamous ESRB leak of SSB4 that appears to show Isaac and a number of other long-time requests finally getting their chance. While many historic insiders of the scene are skeptical of that leak, it has given a number of fanbases hope that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is going to live up to its name in a big way.

Personally, I'm excited, if a bit frightened. Tomorrow is the big moment, the final reveal of the characters that will be on the base roster. Maybe the final roster will include that superb list from the Grinch Leak, or maybe it will simply add Ken and Incineroar, or maybe it will end up with something totally unexpected. Maybe Isaac ends up as an Assist Trophy once again, or maybe he doesn't appear at all. I may be quite confident in the leak's veracity, but it's hard to listen to many others who normally have inside information saying it may be a hoax and not at least consider that we may have been fooled.

At the end of the day, though, I think about that cosplayer at PAX East. It seemed like a one-off thing at the time: exciting, but unlikely to happen again. If Isaac is in Ultimate, though? Well, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see another one at East 2019, maybe more. Heck, that could even be the spark that revives Golden Sun as a franchise, ensuring I see many more cosplayers at future conventions. Seeing that level of passion is infectious, reminding you that you're not alone in your love of a character or franchise, and I know that developers at these conventions take notice of such things as well. Whatever happens, I intend to keep rooting for Isaac in Smash, be it asking for him to be included in the future or, Sakurai willing, by actually playing as him and/or by buying any Golden Sun DLC that may appear. One way or another, I believe the Golden Sun will rise again!

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The banner is the leak. The story around it and blurry picture of it are just story to it. Whether or not the crucial piece (the banner) is real or fake is the question. There has been no definite proof either way as it COULD BE faked or real. We have no conclusion.

Them taking down their video with people commenting about Smash leaks is common sense, Their page and footage were being used for mass leak speculation. What company in their right mind would want that buzz going? They're going to lose clients.
Bull. Crap. Had ACP-PLV for example came out and said "We have no working relationship with Nintendo or this man named Eric Bricard" #TeamFake would rightfully be screaming from the rooftops using those statements as bonafide evidence of the narrative around the leak being completely fake. All that stuff outside of the banner "doesn't matter" to you purely because it doesn't help your case.

Last edited:

Salocin

Smash Rookie
Well...there’s 12 hours to go.

I know I really haven’t posted much at all here, but I’ve been lurking since June, and I really hope he gets in as a playable fighter, and if he isn’t this time, then we always have Felix/Matthew/Jenna or we could even be the first to have an AT be playable. Good luck :)

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I haven't been active in here over the last few weeks because of how crazy the boards have been. Being a mod can be crazy when the leaks start flying.

However, I wanted to come in here to say that out of every character I support on the boards, I've not supported any of them like I've supported Isaac. This has been my go to character thread since Ultimate's speculation period began. Even before that, during Smash For speculation, this was one of my most frequented character threads. It's surreal to think it's been nearly 5 years since I started speculating with some of y'all on Isaac's chances.

I digress, I came in here to say: whatever happens tomorrow keep your chins up. If Isaac is in, rejoice. If he's an Assist, be happy he made it in at all. If he's not there at all, don't give up. This is one of the best fanbases I've ever been a part of, and I hope tomorrow gives us our moment in the (Golden) Sun, but if it doesn't we should be happy with what we do get, and be happy for those who got their character. Just be as good of a fanbase as I know we are.

Anyways, best of luck to us tomorrow. It's been one hell of a ride.
Truer words have never been said. Except for when they were, haha. This is my first and only support thread that I started with and I have been wanting Isaac in since Melee. I will not give up hope and I will stand tall and keep my head up high! Let's all be the pillars of strength in these final 12 hours.

Everyone here is amazing! I am glad I was convinced to join the thread and give hope to inspire others!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom