• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SNRSNN

Smash Rookie
Or the opposite. Mystic got the right information but was shut down by other false informants.
That's what it seems to me. I think that maybe Nintendo has spread new fake info in the last hours so the leakers get it and lower the hype right before the direct. That lead those people to talk to Mystic so he stops spreading the right information (but most likely, those leakers don't know themselves that they have the wrong info).

Tetiro

Smash Ace
That's what it seems to me. I think that maybe Nintendo has spread new fake info in the last hours so the leakers get it and lower the hype right before the direct. That lead those people to talk to Mystic so he stops spreading the right information (but most likely, those leakers don't know themselves that they have the wrong info).
Pretty much. There is no definitive answer to be found through the insiders and leakers now. It's clear as day they all have conflicting information. Tomorrow will be the definitive answer

Machete

Smash Ace
These insiders are wrong far, far more often than they are right and I can’t wait to see the murals of them saying this is wrong once it’s proven real.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
Based on how different some of the insider information is, I feel like there is a massive amount of misinformation from Nintendo, as if they went on a full-blown counterintelligence campaign.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I still believe that the grinch leak got so many things in favor. if is fake, the guy behind it must be a real criminal mind to made that up

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Damn... did this thread went through a meltdown while I was gone...

I really have to empathize that with Direct not only looming closely on to us. but being the final one... the crunch is really, REALLY tight this time. It probably is making a lot afraid here to wanna go through the support to the very end, since this really is "now or never".

And then let's add more fire that fuel with the various reporters claiming such vastly different forms of denial on the leak from the "insider sources" they received. Which apparently are still coming...

In whole though, I've been impressed that so far, the Grinch-leak hasn't really been managed to be debunked completely in any manner, whether through visual evidence, or the reporters even attempting to mention hints towards remotely DIFFERENT being in the game what's been thrown around constantly. It's making me feel that Grinch-leak being dismissed as fake about is looking more like damage control than anything.

The only leak in this similar magnitude was the probably the ESRB-leak, and the "Palutena-leak" we saw back in Sm4sh-days, which managed to be so infamous that it was even referenced back in Smash 4's Website within the 3DS-centric screenshots in Palutena's Bio. Though that one more of was based on just circulating images on the internet, but weren't really photos taken IRL.

So far the only things keeping me optimistic is the fact that the Direct still encompasses whopping 40 minutes of details, and the Treehouse most likely will do deeper showcases of the characters shown in the Direct - so I find it frankly appalling to imagine that we'd be at best getting 1-2 fighters while everybody else that were on the Grinch Leak really ended up being glorified Assist Trophies that the "leaker", whether by coincidence or not, added to the banner after drawing the characters for 1 month. It's also the place where we can finally put all what we've received as "hints" towards Isaac's inclusion together.

And we still- I repeat, STILL have managed to receive the already impossible-deemed Purple Menace :ultridley: and The Krock King :ultkrool:. And to all of these ambitious fanbases that rallied for them, it was only through demand. Imagine if they stopped, like we did? I don't think we'd be as optimistic here since they wouldn't have managed to even show up. Their dedication is bit something we have to thank for.

These fanbases managed to pave way towards even further-grown optimism towards the very Ultimate Smash we've been waiting for, that's willing to fulfill the dreams of many long-waiting fanbases out there. Sakurai's repeated this statement before too, about how "by popular demand", certain characters got chosen. That's bound to keep me optimistic and interested on Ultimate than I did with Smash 4.

I know how you all feel with this. Probably if Isaac's an Assist, I'll be ready to swallow that down, and when I've got to process that in my time, I'll go move on. That's unfortunately what happened many times already before for a lot of characters I've been rallying for a while. I guess it's bit expecting Smash Ultimate to kind of deliver on being "Ultimate" Smash, but we'd all be knowing it didn't go fully through with it.

However, I think I'd be even more upset to watch this passionate fanbase that has grown even bigger than anything ever before, and has also amazing comrades of other highly wanted characters ever... just suddenly dissipate because pessimism is taking everyone over.

Like, guys. We're already in an unbelievable positioning to ready up our stance and punch the implied "reality" on the face with our almost two decade-old dream. We've also become even higher in awareness in Smash's community than we've used to be, and the hints towards Isaac's inclusion are already off the roof. If we that's all we have, and we're ready to go down with it, then we'll do it with all the glory we've got right now.

We better not start to think about the many disappointing outcomes that's presented to us, when it hasn't even happened. Let's not allow that that to hold us back after growing so huge in numbers and passion, along with great discussion and times.

And I need to punctuate something - no matter the outcome, we'll end up setting away a very visible momentum and outcry in the whole Smash's player base and the social media that's covering it. That's more than a lot of the many other current character requests can shake at. We ought to feel lucky we have come so far with that. Probably they could show the AT, but that already happened before, or Isaac's whole absence. But that didn't take us down before, and look what it has managed to get us now.

So. Let's go freeze the hell over.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Eh, I knew once the whole, 'One on banner is an assist trophy' started circling that people would claim Isaac, just because. Even Verge's comment is stated in a thread claiming the Grinch leak fake over that. I honestly can't even fathom how people are confused whether Isaac is an assist or playable. Either he's using a giant psynergy hand or not? Every other returning assist is doing the exact same thing they've always been doing (like Lyn and Waluigi have done the exact same thing for three games now).

Gray Fox (who has been our only cut Brawl assist to return) hasn't even been changed by Sakurai. Why would Isaac be held back all this time, to return doing the same thing he did in Brawl? Or even why have Isaac as the sole returning assist where he put effort to change him up but not make him playable anyways? Yeah not buying it. Look, I'll take an L, I'll eat crow. But I still feel like none of that makes any sense, especially with insiders being all over the place lol.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Nevertheless, its safe to assume Nintendo learned their lesson after Gematsu and the ESRB leak.

link2702

Smash Champion
Isaac fans, I’ll mention to y’all what I did on the geno boards about verge ...

I’m starting to think verge is losing it, he had his moments of Internet fame but now he’s maybe realizing he was either told misinformation deliberately, or possibly he was lying from the start and just got lucky, and now his lucky streak is starting to fade.

Granted I’m still not 100% convinced of the grinch leak, I’d rather just be cautiously hopeful it is, than full blown believing it.

I do wonder though just how likely it is that Nintendo really did pick some unsuspecting “leakers” to deliberately feed misinformation to just keep everyone confused...”

So don’t lose hope on Isaac, verge can be wrong. We don’t know just how elaborate aand determined nintendo was in trying to keep ultimate from leaking after what happened in 4.

With that said, I will say, try to keep that tiny bit of doubt in the back of your minds that he might not make it, don’t get full out distressed just because of what verge said, but don’t be absolutely certain either that the grinch leak was real and isaac is 100% in.

Y’alls chances are good just like ours, but just remember nothing is guaranteed until we see that direct tomorrow.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

I’m starting to think verge is losing it, he had his moments of Internet fame but now he’s maybe realizing he was either told misinformation deliberately, or possibly he was lying from the start and just got lucky, and now his lucky streak is starting to fade.

Granted I’m still not 100% convinced of the grinch leak, I’d rather just be cautiously hopeful it is, than full blown believing it.

I do wonder though just how likely it is that Nintendo really did pick some unsuspecting “leakers” to deliberately feed misinformation to just keep everyone confused...”

So don’t lose hope on Isaac, verge can be wrong. We don’t know just how elaborate aand determined nintendo was in trying to keep ultimate from leaking after what happened in 4.

With that said, I will say, try to keep that tiny bit of doubt in the back of your minds that he might not make it, don’t get full out distressed just because of what verge said, but don’t be absolutely certain either that the grinch leak was real and isaac is 100% in.

Y’alls chances are good just like ours, but just remember nothing is guaranteed until we see that direct tomorrow.
Vergeben is all like

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787

Of course Verge is losing it, he was potentially fed false information/leakbait and I think he knows, but doesn’t want to go down like this.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Not me! I am still going strong with my beliefs and gut. Right or wrong, I go in tomorrow with a strong heart and a clear mind.
If anything, I'm just excited to finally see Isaac's model. If that's as an assist, so be it. I just want to see the dang boy!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey guys someone pointed out a good thing. Emily Rogers has been wrong before! She was so sure about Pokemon Stars and got it wrong

Food for thought.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
It finally happened.

Vegetable bin went for the throat, right where it hurts.

I was never a fan of his leaks but damn would it hurt if he was right.

Not that it matters though, we'll know in what? 26 hours?

Here is my guess:

This time around Nintendo got themselves people to leak info and false info themselves. Basically they created Red Herrings to distract people from actual leaks in case they happened.

I want to believe the Grinch leak is true, but it could also be because of the proximity to the final Direct. My theory is that this past week Nintendo got all these fake leakers to send conflicting information and chaos so no one could trust anyone anymore.

AND IT WORKED

We have no idea at this point who is right, who is wrong, who is lying, who was deceived.

All we have is a really convincing leak, and a lot of conflicting information around it.

Go go Isaac!
We're almost there!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Yggdra

Smash Rookie
Okay, I left a few days and there are about 40 new pages. Can someone caught me with everything that has been going on? Because for what I've seen, it seems like some people started losing hope.

Also, tomorrow is the last day, THE DAY. It's been quite the ride, and tomorrow everything is going to be clarified.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Okay, I left a few days and there are about 40 new pages. Can someone caught me with everything that has been going on? Because for what I've seen, it seems like some people started losing hope.

Also, tomorrow is the last day, THE DAY. It's been quite the ride, and tomorrow everything is going to be clarified.
Firstly: A full-blown Smash Direct for whopping 40 minutes is coming in tomorrow 10 AM EST, and a Treehouse Live on top of it.

However, various reporters with insider sources are implicating the banner's somehow faked, and most of the characters shown in it are actually Assist Trophies in the game. Though this seems more a side symptom of how these guys are starting to finally realize how deep it has sinked in that they were probably given various sprinkles of false information.

Sadly a lot here started getting pessimistic after hearing these guys, I think. :urg:

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Sadly a lot here started getting pessimistic after hearing these guys, I think. :urg:
My bad. I was on #TeamFake but I didn't think an insider would flat out call Isaac an AT. Now it feels like Isaac's only shot is either #TeamReal or Nintendo 9001D chess'd literally every insider.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I want the banner leak to be real not just because I would love Isaac and Banjo in Smash, but also because this madness of "my sources are real you stupid asshole believe me!" will end for sure. I just want Vergeben and all those stupid toxic people to just shut up their mouth forever, their words were never appreciated.

There are only a few people with sources that I actually care about their opinions (like PapaGenos) , but these 4chan/GameFaqs/twitter toxic people just make me vomit.

Machete

Smash Ace
It seems reddit dismissed the leakers, 4chan hates them, resetera worships them and smashboards is mostly pessimistic

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think these """"leakers"""" now are on full rampage because they know the end is near (at least talking about being trusted). They know their leaks were false or they know some of their info could have never been right so now they're trying to get their "last 5 seconds of glory" because they're fading away...

They're not going to shut their mouth without making a scene....

I'm not going to say that's just pathetic because I don't know if the leak is real or not but it's....kinda childish.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Sticking my head in from lurking to actually say, ladies and gents, whatever comes next, thanks for being the coolest fans. Isaac is the only newcomer I genuinely care about, but I have done my best to temper my expectations from the onset of the Grinch Leak (I was firmly Team Hmmm and still am to a degree). However, seeing you guys get so hyped and assured was wild and exciting, and I couldn't stop myself from privately rejoicing with you all even as I told myself, "It's not a sure thing."

Now, I too have been swept into pessimism and worry by the leakers and insiders. I am forging ahead with the adage of "prepare for the worst," but I can't bring myself to follow up with "and hope for the best" because I don't want those hopes dashed any further. Still, the Isaac fans are the coolest fans around, and I'm proud of you guys and gals for handling the stress of hype as well as you have. Keep it up, and good luck to us all.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
That's exactly the point, can't they just shut their mouth and let us enjoy the direct peacefully ? We don't need leaks especially contradicting ones a few hours before a direct we needed them weeks ago.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wow, things went crazy here overnight. Can't say I have anything new to add, but I'm going to stick to what makes the most sense to me: there's a lot of evidence pointing to Isaac being in, and nothing the "insiders" has said has changed that. I'm going into the Direct with cautious optimism, and whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom