• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
So... a question? Once thursday hits, is this place spoiler free or are we allowed to spam the whole thread as things unfold?
You can spam if you like, I won't check the boards until I get home from work and watch the Direct. No spoilers for me (although I will be so tempted cause I wanna know ASAP)

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Wow! Through this group I got the trophy "Friends with Everyone". It really does feel like that. You guys have been one of the best groups to talk about Smash. May it never end!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I am so worried for Isaac. He is my currently most want character and he might end up becoming an assist again? The despair.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So, Mystic decided to share why he is closing his twitter. Apparently he got contacted by 7 different people separately, all of them which he himself claims to know they have insider knowledge, and they all told him his information was wrong and that he was going to be attacked by the fans for it and that he should close his twitter before the real stuff leaks out.

All Mystic has said is that Ken, Incineroar, Isaac and Geno are in.

It’s not looking good to be honest.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
You know I always thought that Isaac AT being cut from Smash4 meant that Sakurai originally wanted to include him as DLC. But when plans of Ultimate began he decided that he'd rather keep him to boost the roster of the new game.
It's not much, but if it can give you guys a little bit of needed hope I'll be happy. :happysheep:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
It took this long for Vegerben to say Isaac is an AT? Yeah, not buying it unless I see some proof.

It can be disheartening to some, but I'll keep positive, this is the best shot Isaac has at making it and he has lots of evidence pointing to him, so while I'm ready for possible disappointment, I'm even more ready and positive we'll be celebrating his reveal tomorrow. Let's keep walking forward with determination, fellow Adepts.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai never actually revealed Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl until after the game was released so it's not as if there isn't precedent for leaving us hanging.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
You know I always thought that Isaac AT being cut from Smash4 meant that Sakurai originally wanted to include him as DLC. But when plans of Ultimate began he decided that he'd rather keep him to boost the roster of the new game.
It's not much, but if it can give you guys a little bit of needed hope I'll be happy. :happysheep:
This is very much the case with Ridley, King K Rool and Inklings.

Let's be honest, Smash for Wii U tanked due to the Wii U itself. Despite being a good game. But now he knows which characters people want. What better way to sell the next game but by adding them in?

Remember, the characters are the USP (Unique Selling Point) of the series. Take that away and the series is a generic fighter

Let's take away King K Rool, Ridley and Simon and replace them with say Captain Toad, Elma and a Pokemon Rep.

Would the newcomer roster so far really sell you the game? No. Because they are missing the big stars. Those three are the big hype right now.

This is why Geno, Isabelle, Inklings, King K Rool and Chrom were just Mii Costumes. It keeps the current fans happy while also making awareness for the future.

So of course Geno, Isaac and Banjo haven't been revealed yet. They are bombshells like Rool and Ridley. You don't JUST give them a seat in the back, Unless it's a Limo to the premiere.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
TBH I'd rather have no Isaac representation at all than Isaac being an Assist Trophy. If he gets revealed as an Assist, we can bury our hopes of getting him as a DLC fighter. If he doesn't show up at all, his DLC chances should be better than most other fighters.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
TBH I'd rather have no Isaac representation at all than Isaac being an Assist Trophy. If he gets revealed as an Assist, we can bury our hopes of getting him as a DLC fighter. If he doesn't show up at all, his DLC chances should be better than most other fighters.
Just replace Isaac for Felix and boom, Isaac is a fighter again.

AT means nothing. It is down to Sakurai as to whether or not he becomes a fighter

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
So, Mystic decided to share why he is closing his twitter. Apparently he got contacted by 7 different people separately, all of them which he himself claims to know they have insider knowledge, and they all told him his information was wrong and that he was going to be attacked by the fans for it and that he should close his twitter before the real stuff leaks out.

All Mystic has said is that Ken, Incineroar, Isaac and Geno are in.

It’s not looking good to be honest.
Yeah, I just saw. Hope for the best, but embrace for the worst.

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
Guys i've been thinking, what if the sources to all these people with "insider" info are just doing damage control due to the grinch leak, what if it's real? Think about it, almost everyone has been scrapping everything they said before specially now that the direct is basically a day away. There's only been a few to stand by what they said in the past and whatever the others say is far from what the grinch leak shows. To me it kinda sounds like these sources aren't trying to give away too much info to these people. I mean that's IF they are actually talking to anyone that actually work at nintendo and not talking out of their arses like i know some are doing.

Now let's talk about the grinch leak. There's so much credibility going towards it that it would've taken a lot of effort and time to fake. It's also strange that if fake, no has come out to take credit for it like they always do.
Sources have said it's either fake or missing characters. Think about it, no source from nintendo is going give away the full roster to somebody for fear that they might be caught. Maybe some don't even know the full roster or aren't aware that the characters that they've shared are bait. Just sounds to me that they are leading us away from the grinch leak, the true roster (?). And if what i'm saying here's true, they have succeeded in their mission. The grinch leak seems almost abandonded at this point with only a few believing now.

This is my take on this whole situation. I could be very very wrong on this but it seems like a possibility to me. Please take this with a humongous block of salt. I have prepared for the worst but again, let's not lose hope just because someone said something else. Take into consideration that people with "insider information" might either be lying (this is the internet after all) or might have been lied to.
Good night!

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Seems Mystic has changed his mind and is agreeing with Emily...
D32D53FE-896A-4813-A8A9-47E7273F5783.jpeg

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Alright I got a question for you guys.
Is Vergeben Sakurai?
Are the "insiders" Nintendo?
That answer is not complicated. I believe in Sakurai, not people making claims with literally 0 proof.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Here's where I stand on this.

When it comes to making claims on Ultimate, Vergeben has been 100% correct so far. I know he didn't mention certain characters, and I'm aware of his shaky record for other games, but almost everything he's claimed about Ultimate has come true. If he's saying that Isaac is an assist trophy, then he probably is. That lines up with what Emily has been saying, and it seems like her record for this game is spotless, too. If somebody can make a good case and convince me that Isaac still has a chance, then go ahead, but I feel like the dream might actually be dead this time. :(

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Remember everyone, we are all in the same boat. Isaac, Geno and (insert character) alike. Everyone is freaking out about who is getting in. We are not alone in the negativity.

I am seeing the Banjo fans are worried too. As are the Geno fans.

If you are worried it means you care about the character that much.

Last edited:

SundaeS

Smash Cadet

Hey, I drew this a couple months back but did a rush job to try to finish it for the direct. Didn't realize the direct was going to be on November 1st was taking my time to make it better. I don't think it's finished yet, but I kind of doubt I'll be able to finish it tomorrow as I'll be busy. I just wanted to share it with you guys, because this thread really did inspire me to draw some Isaac. I know if he doesn't get in I'll be disappointed, but it was a really good time. I also have another sketch of a drawing of Isaac, but I'll finish it after the direct no matter the result. It's been a hectic day, but I really hope for the best.
I also need sleep.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman

Hey, I drew this a couple months back but did a rush job to try to finish it for the direct. Didn't realize the direct was going to be on November 1st was taking my time to make it better. I don't think it's finished yet, but I kind of doubt I'll be able to finish it tomorrow as I'll be busy. I just wanted to share it with you guys, because this thread really did inspire me to draw some Isaac. I know if he doesn't get in I'll be disappointed, but it was a really good time. I also have another sketch of a drawing of Isaac, but I'll finish it after the direct no matter the result. It's been a hectic day, but I really hope for the best.
I also need sleep.
If this is a rush job I can't imagine what it'd look like if you took your time. No need for humility, friend, this is amazing! Thank you!

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Here's where I stand on this.

When it comes to making claims on Ultimate, Vergeben has been 100% correct so far. I know he didn't mention certain characters, and I'm aware of his shaky record for other games, but almost everything he's claimed about Ultimate has come true. If he's saying that Isaac is an assist trophy, then he probably is. That lines up with what Emily has been saying, and it seems like her record for this game is spotless, too. If somebody can make a good case and convince me that Isaac still has a chance, then go ahead, but I feel like the dream might actually be dead this time. :(
We've had TWO showcases of ATs, you really think we're going to get a third one showing Isaac, when they were used to deconfirm popular characters early on not to set up high expectations?
If Chrom and Dark Samus are considered "highly requested" characters, do YOU really think Sakurai would show off Isaac at the very end? Saying he's not as popular as them is simply false, so this is out of the question.

This is smash ULTIMATE. this is Smash SPECIAL. Dreams came true to those who were the most perseverant. K.Rool got in, RIDLEY got in. They voted, fought for their characters to be in and so have we.
I highly disagree with Vergeben being "100%" correct so far. I can say "there will be characters in the game" and be considered 100% accurate as well. How the hell would he know that Isaac is an AT? And how convenient that he started talking again when all "insiders" started coming out when Grinch Leak came about.

I firmly, FIRMLY believe in Sakurai. The sun WILL rise again.

Last edited:

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
If this is a rush job I can't imagine what it'd look like if you took your time. No need for humility, friend, this is amazing! Thank you!
Yeah I had the basic concept I just wanted to make it more detailed and polished looking. Maybe use growth somewhere but I decided on spire. I also really wanted to get Isaacs look right. So I basically sat down and drew as much as I could today after I finished my school work. Anyways I really should sleep night to all!

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I understand how you guys feel, I want Isaac in this game as much as I want a new Golden Sun game. We shouldn't be bummed out
by some leakers who said they have "sources" on who's in or not. I say we should ignore them and just wait patiently until
the direct comes out tomorrow. I'll keep fighting for Isaac no matter what anyone says.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I just remembered something very important...Namco likes to feed false info to weed-out leakers. It’s already confirmed by Harada himself that they do this, it makes it easier to track leakers.

Which reminded me, there was a 4Chan post that went ignored that talked about Incineroar being leakbait/a codename. It’s very vulgur so I don’t think I can post it here.

tl;dr: It said; Incineroar is a codename for a “secret Pokemon” and that Isaac is in the game, if Jenna (best girl btw) is confirmed as an AT tomorrow, then we know his claims are true.

NOW THIS IS SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE. Nintendo is super duper extremely pissed about what happened last time they went full on DPRK propaganda state so that no one except the highest people knew whats real and whats not. Whatever red herring tactics they used in the past were ****ing quintupled this time around. Everyone I know has been fed completely diff. info much of it false presented in extremely compelling manners that make it seem real. THAT IS WHY THE SO-CALLED INSIDERS ARE CONFUSED AS HELL RIGHT NOW. The “reliable” ones that cross their t’s and dot their i’s? NOPE. Nintendo is so thorough this time around, even they fall into the trap.

Its so dumb it’s something I can see them doing, it would also explain the inconsistencies between every “insider”...

Edit: I am not saying that particular 4Chan user is right, I’m saying Nintendo/Bamco feeding false info is definitely something they would do.

Last edited:

NNN

Smash Cadet
I think many of you are being so negative now because you were traumatized with the final roster of smash 4. This is a different situation, people. We didn't have the ballot back then (also I think the DLC was already planned before the ballot).

Just wait until tomorrow with an open mind, neither positive of negative.

SNRSNN

Smash Rookie
I just remembered something very important...Namco likes to feed false info to weed-out leakers. It’s already confirmed by Harada himself that they do this, it makes it easier to track leakers.

Which reminded me, there was a 4Chan post that went ignored that talked about Incineroar being leakbait/a codename. It’s very vulgur so I don’t think I can post it here.

tl;dr: It said; Incineroar is a codename for a “secret Pokemon” and that Isaac is in the game, if Jenna (best girl btw) is confirmed as an AT tomorrow, then we know his claims are true.

NOW THIS IS SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE. Nintendo is super duper extremely pissed about what happened last time they went full on DPRK propaganda state so that no one except the highest people knew whats real and whats not. Whatever red herring tactics they used in the past were ****ing quintupled this time around. Everyone I know has been fed completely diff. info much of it false presented in extremely compelling manners that make it seem real. THAT IS WHY THE SO-CALLED INSIDERS ARE CONFUSED AS HELL RIGHT NOW. The “reliable” ones that cross their t’s and dot their i’s? NOPE. Nintendo is so thorough this time around, even they fall into the trap.

Its so dumb it’s something I can see them doing, it would also explain the inconsistencies between every “insider”...

Edit: I am not saying that particular 4Chan user is right, I’m saying Nintendo/Bamco feeding false info is definitely something they would do.

Let's remember that the chad dorf part of the grinch leak mentioned that nintendo has created a team of people to curate and lower the hype this time, and that they've given false information to the most famous leakers.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Let's remember that the chad dorf part of the grinch leak mentioned that nintendo has created a team of people to curate and lower the hype this time, and that they've given false information to the most famous leakers.
Wait, for real?!
If that's the case, then is there a possibility that some of these leakers like Mystic
are hired to give out false information?

Last edited:

SNRSNN

Smash Rookie
Wait, for real?!
If that's the case, then is there a possibly that some of these leakers like Mystic
are hired to give out false infomation?
More like Nintendo has given wrong info to employees on purpose so the leakers spread it as if it was true.
But everybody knows that already (?)
Chad dorf was complaining about everybody belieaving that fake info and accepting their fates and a low-hype final roster.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
What if Isaac's trailer begins with a fakeout that makes him look like an Assist Trophy? Like, say, scrolling through that Assist Trophy menu in the Rathalos tweet?

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
More like Nintendo has given wrong info to employees on purpose so the leakers spread it as if it was true.
But everybody knows that already (?)
Chad dorf was complaining about everybody belieaving that fake info and accepting their fates and a low-hype final roster.
Aka, we’ve fallen for Nintendos plan. Hell Nintendo themselves probably fell for their plan

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
Damn it! I can't sleep! So many theories going on in my head!

Ok so here's my second theory, let's say this emily person and virginben are right about Isaac being an AT and let's also suppose part of the grinch banner is real too. That means Isaac was planned to be a playable character but then quickly scrapped and made into an assist. Why? I don't see a reason for this unless they prioritized another character over him (********!). If this is the case then who is this "important" character? Incineroar? That's 10 pokemon with him. Are they really trying to turn this into Super Pokemon bros Ultimate? Is 10 playable pokemon and a **** ton of pokeball pokemon not enough??? Or who else did they prioritize over Isaac? This is quickly becoming my new theory for our boy Isaac. Sorry to seem pessimistic but this might be the worst case scenario. But as i always say, let's keep those heads up high and hope for the best as i hope they are wrong!

Off to sleep now hopefully! :)

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet

I like this..... i like this ALOT.

Top Bottom