• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
How much of the direct do you think will be stuff we've already seen? The last direct was boring for me since I had seen most of it already either through leaks or conpanies just announcing things anyway
This is a Smash-only Direct, so it's new content all the way.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Hey, good luck on getting Isaac y'all!! I really feel this may be his time! He has so much going for him (just like Geno) that I'll be surprised if he doesn't show up. This direct will be one heck of one!

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Feom a BanjoBro, I am wishing you Isaac fans the best of lucks! Hope we can all hopefully enjoy the reveal trailers of our long awaited characters!!!!

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
I just want to say, no matter what happens, these past few months on this thread were great. I always heard of the reputation Golden Sun fans had for being chill and welcoming, it was pretty accurate. As someone who hasn't grown up on Golden Sun, I learned a lot from this thread, and have become quite interested in trying the games myself down the road. Probably around the holidays, while I alternate between Ultimate. Any experts, which game should I start with? I've heard Dark Dawn is the worst, so I thought I'd try that first, just so I don't have to compare it to the first games upon a start, but I'm worried about spoilers for the first 2 games.
Just play them in release order and you should be good.
I must say I like all of them, but rate them like this:
1 - The Lost Age
2 - Golden Sun
3 - Dark Dawn

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Honestly, if Isaac is revealed my favorite part will be never seeing that Smashified render again. No offense to the team, but I feel like for some characters they really don’t try...Isaac is, ugh.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Just play them in release order and you should be good.
I must say I like all of them, but rate them like this:
1 - The Lost Age
2 - Golden Sun
3 - Dark Dawn
Also note that Dark Dawn isn’t a bad game, just not as good as the first two Dark Dawn is honestly really good looking for a DS game too.

Quick Edit: I should probably note that I know you never said DD was bad :^)

Last edited:

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Well, I should probably get back to work.
See you later guys.
May the sun shine upon us this Thursday.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I am so ready for this Direct! Thankful I don't have class when it drops, and I'll have enough time to get fully impacted by the info when it drops.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Do you think we’ll get all of the remaining newcomers in this coming Direct, or maybe they’ll save one or two for a General Direct or random trailer drops?

Just giving myself a psychological out in case I don’t see the Chorus Kids or Mach Rider.
Remember everyone, it is very easy for Sakurai to deconfirm a character. Look how fast Shovel Knight, Ashley, Bomberman, Krystal, Takamaru, Sable and Waluigi were deconfirmed. Despite their popularity/relation to Sakurai

Shadow and Isaac not being deconfirmed yet is a very good sign. Like how Isabelle, Chrom and Dark Samus were hidden from sight until the last minute.

And they still refuse to show him. Until that happens, his chances only increase as it becomes more and more obvious they are hiding something. Had he JUST been an AT, they would have shown him already. Not left him until a month until release.
Sable isn’t disconfirmed yet.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Welp boys and girls it's the last stop of the hype train the last train home it was a great time riding with you all let's see if dreams come true.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Do you think we’ll get all of the remaining newcomers in this coming Direct, or maybe they’ll save one or two for a General Direct or random trailer drops?

Just giving myself a psychological out in case I don’t see the Chorus Kids or Mach Rider.

Sable isn’t disconfirmed yet.
Whoops! I was looking at Rodin who was above Sable as I typed. My mistake!

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
COME ON BANJO!
COME ON ISAAC!
COME ON GENO!

Too many characters I'm rooting for, but the big three really gotta shine through on this one.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I should also point out the direct is 5min longer than the 50 Fact-Extravaganza. Take that how you will.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Our boy is coming home fella's.

Now we just play the waiting game...

ZelDan

Smash Master
I will say, that I can apprecaite those that have scrutinized the leak or went against it, because while I still lean largely on team real, I have had a bit of doubt build up in me thanks to some of that, so if the Grinch leak does end up being real, I can still be kinda surprised and impressed by it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have many theories on the Grinch leak.

One of them being that it was promotional material given out that deliberately had characters in the game and characters not in (or at least appearing in some other non-playable capacity).

Let's see if that holds true come Thursday.

Ookami Ryo

Smash Rookie
Oh... less than 2 days before the direct... and i have to finish The Lost Age and i am only beginning the Jupiter Lighthouse (i want to defeat Dullahan before the Doom Dragon so.... ouch)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The question is how are they going to squeeze in all the content in 40 minutes.
They have to show story mode (or whatever it is) and possibly other ones, new stages, new assist trophies, maybe more.
And we'll see how many characters are in the base (or most of them)

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
A demo would be nice, but honestly I’m hoping Digital pre-orders will be out soon.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
As the most pessimistic person about Isaac's chances, I wish you guys luck. :starman:
Maybe change your profile pic from Alice to Akari and you'll start feeling more optimistic.:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

One half second into the direct and the first two notes of The Elemental Stars plays and I'm standing on my chair shouting.

ITS ALL HAPPENING 40 MINUTES OF STRAIGHT CHARACTER REVEALS ISAAC, GENO, BANJO, SHANTAE, EVERYONE IS PLAYABLE AAAAAA

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe change your profile pic from Alice to Akari and you'll start feeling more optimistic.:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

One half second into the direct and the first two notes of The Elemental Stars plays and I'm standing on my chair shouting.

ITS ALL HAPPENING 40 MINUTES OF STRAIGHT CHARACTER REVEALS ISAAC, GENO, BANJO, SHANTAE, EVERYONE IS PLAYABLE AAAAAA
>Changing from Alice from Akari.

In your dreams. Alice is best Undine!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Hopping in from the Bandana Dee thread to wish you guys good luck. On a different note, I probably won't be able to join in with the hype immediately, as I'm far from finished with the first Golden Sun game. (I believe the grinch leak being real is extremely likely at this point, especially considering we're getting 10+ more minutes of footage compared to the august direct.)

Well, I guess I'll make December 7th my deadline so I can join in the hype. :p

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Heyyyy, I'm popping in from the Geno thread. I'm also hoping for Isaac. I think he'd be a really cool character to have. Fingers crossed for Geno and Isaac.

Top Bottom