• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KoopaDasher

Smash Rookie
Since this is the final Direct for Smash Bros Ultimate, does it seem more or less likely that they would not be able to reveal a full 7 characters, even if two of them are Echos, in only 40 minutes?

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Since this is the final Direct for Smash Bros Ultimate, does it seem more or less likely that they would not be able to reveal a full 7 characters, even if two of them are Echos, in only 40 minutes?
They totally could if right of the bat we get most of the leak chars plus echos and then Banjo or Geno at the end.
Just watch as Sakurai reveals no new characters and says something along the lines of "You just have to play the game to find out."

And then the internet explodes.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
We got 5 characters in a 27 minute direct in august. I say it's possible.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well on average, the number of minutes per fighter in the last Smash Direct was 5 minutes and 24 seconds. Regardless of echo/newcomer.

If you divide that average to the 40 minute length, that gives an average of 7.4 fighters.

Take that as you will.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
My prediction would be:
5 characters in total for this direct

2 newcomers in 1 trailer
1 Newcomer in his own trailer
and 2 Echoes in-between

I could then see another nintendo direct in the future maybe 2 weeks after this where at the beginning and at the end the final 2 newcomers could be revealed...
Or Sakurai is a madman and releases all of them at once of course.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
*sob* imma be at work
I'm actually gonna take that day off cause I still have some days left to take.
Besides, I don't think I would be able to function properly regardless of the reveals, it is just to much hype for my body to handle.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I really wanna keep my hype down but, wanna make bets in what Isaacs splash screen will be?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances that the Smash Direct ACTUALLY got confirmed on page 700?! :p

It’s time!

Last edited:

KoopaDasher

Smash Rookie
This really gives weight to the rumor that the final build of the game will be playable at the Nintendo Live 2018 tournament in Japan on Nov 2nd. The only argument against it was that the characters would not be revealed yet, but now they are, mere hours before. Which means we may get several hours of tournament play the next day, not even counting the probably great Treehouse content immediately after the Direct.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Oh and guys remember no matter if Isaac,Geno,Banjo or whatever fan you are:

If one of the newcomer matches the grinch leaks artwork, we can all celebrate :D

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Oh and guys remember no matter if Isaac,Geno,Banjo or whatever fan you are:

If one of the newcomer matches the grinch leaks artwork, we can all celebrate :D
Would that really matter though, given it's the Final Direct? So assumedly we'll be getting all the remaining base characters, and the artwork doesn't usually update until the end of the Direct.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I just want to say, no matter what happens, these past few months on this thread were great. I always heard of the reputation Golden Sun fans had for being chill and welcoming, it was pretty accurate. As someone who hasn't grown up on Golden Sun, I learned a lot from this thread, and have become quite interested in trying the games myself down the road. Probably around the holidays, while I alternate between Ultimate. Any experts, which game should I start with? I've heard Dark Dawn is the worst, so I thought I'd try that first, just so I don't have to compare it to the first games upon a start, but I'm worried about spoilers for the first 2 games.

Last edited:

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Well, looks like things are gonna come to a head on Thursday. With or without the entire roster reveal, the Grinch leak will be proven real or fake one way or another.

I would like to be added to the support list for this final occasion, could that happen?

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Would that really matter though, given it's the Final Direct? So assumedly we'll be getting all the remaining base characters, and the artwork doesn't usually update until the end of the Direct.
It does to a certain level since it might be possible that we get 5 characters there (3 unique and 2 Echoes) and 2 more in another direct. So if those characters would match the artwork of the leak than the leak is 100% true and nothing would debunk it at that point.

But you are right it could also be the final direct with ALL of them being revealed.

GOD THOSE ARE GONNA BE THE HARDEST 48 HOURS IN MY LIFE!!!!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Unfortunately Billy is correct. If anything, the likes of Mach Rider or Chorus Kids appearing is our cause for celebration. As we all know they are lower on the fan demand ladder

Mikelbucanero

Smash Rookie
Hopefully this will be the time for our Golden Boy! I've been lurking this thread for a while now, mind adding me to the supporter list? ^^

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
OH....MY.....GOD...... Guys this is it. The truth is coming. After 10 long years I just know Sakurai has to make Isaac a fighter now. I want to believe! Just direct in two days... Ohh man.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I'm so thankful that this Direct is before work, unlike the previous Direct.

It is so exciting to think that in the next 48 hours may just be the last time we all talk about Isaac as a possibility. If we get one of the Grinch newcomers, we will know with absolute certainty and all our support from Brawl, from Smash 4, and of course now will have finally paid off.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
This is it.PNG

Welp, to rest any doubts, the man himself is saying it here. "I'm gonna do it! This is the end!"

This will most likely be the last we get other than the website updates before game drop. Whatever happens, what a wild ride.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I seem to be lucky this time to see this, 10 AM EST is gonna end up 4 PM EET around my parts. Just got to make it early from my studies.

On that end, I hope to record my reactions on a full-blown video for this one. Though I bet 40 minutes is gonna be a lot to record...

View attachment 173647

13 years you all have basically been the closest comrades of the Geno fanbase. Here's to the dawn of a new day.
If there's anything I need to state after all's finished. I'll be very glad to have seen these fanbases band this closely together for last months.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Welp, to rest any doubts, the man himself is saying it here. "I'm gonna do it! The is the end!"

This will most likely be the last we get other than the website updates before game drop. Whatever happens, what a wild ride.
The same source that said we were getting a Direct soon said we were getting two. So if we get a regular Nintendo Direct there would 100% be a character at the end of it, and maybe even one at the beginning.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hey guys, I heard about the Smash direct on November 1st, I'm really excited for our potential reveal on Isaac.
This was a long ride of speculation, but this may be the time for us. We'll also found out if the leak is real or not.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Damn, a new direct to finally look forward too. Wish it didn't have to be so early again, but if we get Isaac and other good characters waking up that early will be worth it!

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I just want to get this over with. Tired of getting my hopes up and crushed over and over with Isaac. Just tell us if he's in or not.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
How much of the direct do you think will be stuff we've already seen? The last direct was boring for me since I had seen most of it already either through leaks or conpanies just announcing things anyway

Top Bottom