• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
700 pages.

Wow.

Man, it seems like just a month or two ago we were back in the double digits...

KoopaDasher

Smash Rookie
Is it not entirely possible that different people on the inside were fed different pieces of information, different rosters, in order to identify who leaked info (if info did leak)? Everyone gives so much credit to these insiders, but they could very easily have false information that they believe is true, especially if they have no proof. It's a common practice in many industries to maintain secrets, so that they know who leaked the info because X Character is on the list.

The Grinch leak, like the Duck Hunt leak before it, becomes increasingly believable simply because images of this quality rarely happen. Without strong, visual, evidence, no "Insider" is truly believable, because everything they know could be intentionally false information without their knowing.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Hey fellow Isaacbros, congrats on reaching 700 pages.

We sure have come a long way and a direct this week seems very likely, so let's keep positive and hope Isaac is in (which I believe, since there are so many things leading me to believe the Grinch leak is real, although I'm also ready for it to be fake).

What surprises me the most about those "insiders" is how a lot of them have popped up after the leak and how many of them are contracditory on their info, so I'm not believing them.

May the sun rise once again.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Is it not entirely possible that different people on the inside were fed different pieces of information, different rosters, in order to identify who leaked info (if info did leak)? Everyone gives so much credit to these insiders, but they could very easily have false information that they believe is true, especially if they have no proof. It's a common practice in many industries to maintain secrets, so that they know who leaked the info because X Character is on the list.

The Grinch leak, like the Duck Hunt leak before it, becomes increasingly believable simply because images of this quality rarely happen. Without strong, visual, evidence, no "Insider" is truly believable, because everything they know could be an intentional lie.
Wouldn't put it past Sakurai. Subspace Emissary clips being uploaded to YouTube made Sakurai upset to the point of getting rid of it entirely in 4. The Esrb leak in turn made him keep the development of Ultimate so secret, even some employees weren't aware of it being worked on.

He also is for the first time, revealing every character before launch. So it's hard to believe that anybody truly knows the final roster or who's in or out when characters, the selling point on the roster, would be the one thing secured the most. And if the rest of the 108 stages are each attached to a newcomer, like Mystic stated before his account went private, it explains why even the remaining five stages haven't been leaked or talked about, it'd obvs give away the characters.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Wouldn't put it past Sakurai. Subspace Emissary clips being uploaded to YouTube made Sakurai upset to the point of getting rid of it entirely in 4. The Esrb leak in turn made him keep the development of Ultimate so secret, even some employees weren't aware of it being worked on.

He also is for the first time, revealing every character before launch. So it's hard to believe that anybody truly knows the final roster or who's in or out when characters, the selling point on the roster, would be the one thing secured the most. And if the rest of the 108 stages are each attached to a newcomer, like Mystic stated before his account went private, it explains why even the remaining five stages haven't been leaked or talked about, it'd obvs give away the characters.
Here's hoping Monster Hunter still gets a stage somehow. It would feel so close yet so far considering Rathalos is both a boss and an AT with his stage clearly being part of Spirits Mode

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I think there's so many things in favor of Isaac's inclusion

- Ultimate being made with popular characters
- Isaac being a popular character on the ballots
- The Rathalos pic
- Now the new item

Even if the Grinch Leak isn't real (I can't see how it can't be real, honestly), I still think we got a decent shot!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

The Grinch leak, like the Duck Hunt leak before it, becomes increasingly believable simply because images of this quality rarely happen. Without strong, visual, evidence, no "Insider" is truly believable, because everything they know could be intentionally false information without their knowing.
Don't forget as well, that these "insiders" are people willing to break NDA and lie to their employers. They are, by nature, untrustworthy. But the "journalists" think they won't lie to them?

Frankly, I would not at all be surprised if Nintendo wasn't getting stricter and stricter. I mean, we know NoJ doesn't care about NoA or NoE much at all. They'd probably threaten to fire everyone if the company line wasn't toed. Evidence or no. That would stop leaks REAL quick. Because suddenly everyone would be pressuring or turning in their coworkers. Lots of people are willing to let others do what they want as long as it doesn't affect them. Once it does, though...

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
yay 700! now what?
701 I suppose.

Man, with all of this crazy crap happening, I’ve barely even thought about this genuinely being an elaborate fake. Not in a while at least. And even if that’s the case, Isaac is sitting so damn pretty. Rathalos, and now this new Growth item!? Sometimes I think that I can be a bit delusional, but like what else could that possibly mean?

I still really do hope the leak is real. Even if Isaac gets in either way. Banjo and Geno fans should be able to rejoic as well. Plus, I’ve only become more and more into Chorus Kids and Mach Rider. Fingers crossed.

Edit: AHHHHH!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
700 pages my goodness. It's been a crazy ride that shows no signs of slowing down. Also yes! New direct! Let's go!!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Just remember guys, as long as Isaac is not an AT, he still has a big shot. Let's go folks!

EDIT: Wait god damn it my Google Spreadsheet got it right again! I am now terrified. Very scared of the power I hold in my hands. What do I do with it?

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
There's a post Direct Treehouse, which to me, gives credence to multiple unique characters being revealed, not just 1.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Well guys, Thursday is officially the end-game. Final Smash Direct... I'm feeling it. It's our time!

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
OMFG !! Guys it is actually happening.
We just have to hold on 2 more days.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Isaac Bros, Thursday is (hopefully) the day. It’s time to see if our golden boy made it in after all.

Top Bottom