• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Whether these crops or not amount to something, if they don't it won't matter to Grinch leak since it's not connected whatsoever, so I'm fine with whatever comes from all this, the real leak that matters now is still strong and alive.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Probably whoever was responsible for changing the mural just forgot to update that portion of if with Isaac and the resulting image glitch happened.
But it's only mac that's cut off right?, how would that be a portion that's updated?
What would make it cut off mac?

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
Why does it feel like the stars and planets are aligning all of a sudden to shine on our GOLDEN BOOYY!!!!

Crud, I thought they were kind of aligning the last Nintendo Direct, but did they really miss align!?!?! Haha this stuff is great.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
But it's only mac that's cut off right?, how would that be a portion that's updated?
What would make it cut off mac?
It would've been updated with the direct, so they did only half of the update to the mural, hence the weird crop where Isaac would've gone in the mural. I'm trying to explain it the best I can, but it can be tough when I don't know any motivation other then "the website probably screwed up".

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Here's something I dont understand about this image thing...

Clearly they'd have all of the images by themselves in photoshop, so why would they need to cut off the image near little mac, rather than just remove the image of isaac? It seems harder to actually crop it and then put the rest like Ike looking ok next to that.

Also, they would've had all the time of the 'delay' to change the art,

I'm not sure how it would make sense for them to crop it like that at the reveal. Can someone try to explain?
It’s possible that if Isaac was planned for that direct then maybe pulling his segment out was a last minute decision. I forgot who the insider was but they claimed an entire game got removed from the direct for obvious reasons, so Isaac could have been a “Let’s not chance possible backlash” late cut.

Plus, let’s not forget CoroCoro would have dropped a week after the original date for the direct. If Isaac was gonna be shown then he would have had the 104th stage! 108 stage leak by CoroCoro would NOT have been controversial.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Here's something I dont understand about this image thing...

Clearly they'd have all of the images by themselves in photoshop, so why would they need to cut off the image near little mac, rather than just remove the image of isaac? It seems harder to actually crop it and then put the rest like Ike looking ok next to that.

Also, they would've had all the time of the 'delay' to change the art,

I'm not sure how it would make sense for them to crop it like that at the reveal. Can someone try to explain?
Temporarily uploading a single updated image. They probably thought the Little Mac side had no trace of Isaac, so added the previous version (meant to go with Isaac). They have since corrected this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It would've been updated with the direct, so they did only half of the update to the mural, hence the weird crop where Isaac would've gone in the mural. I'm trying to explain it the best I can, but it can be tough when I don't know any motivation other then "the website probably screwed up".
The image above little mac is fine, so i dont think it has to do with the entire image portion itself.

It’s possible that if Isaac was planned for that direct then maybe pulling his segment out was a last minute decision. I forgot who the insider was but they claimed an entire game got removed from the direct for obvious reasons, so Isaac could have been a “Let’s not chance possible backlash” late cut.

Plus, let’s not forget CoroCoro would have dropped a week after the original date for the direct. If Isaac was gonna be shown then he would have had the 104th stage! 108 stage leak by CoroCoro would NOT have been controversial.
Ok, but they had an entire week to change the art, so I don't see how isaac being there would've caused it..

Temporarily uploading a single updated image. They probably thought the Little Mac side had no trace of Isaac, so added the previous version (meant to go with Isaac). They have since corrected this.
But the character images wouldn't be blocky, they have transparency on each individual image so they can move them around however they want.
And Isaac isn't at his gloves, so why would that part be cut off?

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Ok, but they had an entire week to change the art, so I don't see how isaac being there would've caused it..
Assuming it wasn’t a last minute decision, people make mistakes all the time, especially when rushed or under pressure. This same Smash team already made a huge one with the Bloody Tears song so it’s not improbable for them to make more in other ways.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well.. I dont think it'll make sense for me, since it could just as easily be an error on the side in general, rather than caused by isaac somehow.

But anyway, I think there's better information to kind of discount that Isaac was going to be revealed at the time, and it has to do with the blog numbers, as someone brought it up and I think it might help put this to rest.
Here's just what I saw and copied. If someone has a better site or post for this, let me know, but anyway, here:

"
On 9/6 in Japan, the thursday before the delay, post number 133 - Alolan Exeggutor was made. As you remember, there was no post on the day of the delay. On the following monday, it jumped to 142 - Bowser, then jumped back down to 138 - Toon Link. This seemed sporadic and random at first, but it actually makes complete sense. This is due to the fact that almost every single post number between 133 and 150 has been posted now, so we can see what the original schedule was! Judging by the fact that the stages posted on the same day as songs, wednesdays in Japan, we get this original schedule:

9/6 Thursday.) 133 exeggutor

9/7 Friday.) Without the delay: [134 (US) &] 135 isabelle cgi trailer

9/10 Monday.) 136 and 137 Isabelle blog post and memory

9/11 Tuesday.) 138 and 139 toon link blog post and memory

9/12 Wednesday.) 140 animal crossing theme + 141 summit

9/13 Thursday.) 142 Bowser

9/14 Friday.) 143 - ???

9/17 Monday.) 144 - Ganondorf.

9/18 Tuesday.) 145 Shovel knight.

9/19 Wednesday,) 146 Pikmin Theme + 147 Onett

9/20 Thursday.) 148 and 149 Ryu's memory

9/21 Friday.) 150 - Pikachu, 151 - Red and blue memory.

"

So you can see, with the numbers showing back up, there isn't really a way that Isaac would've been announced and had his memory blog post too.
-He wouldn't have been a revealed fighter along with isabelle. (with what we know of the numbers)

I think that the item showing up in the wendy's trailer is much better evidence for being a fighter than this new image theory.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Someone catch me up real quick
So we've found 4 green pixels in the glitched Little Mac render on the website in the exact position the tip of one of Isaac's vines would've been in according to the Grinch leak. You join us as we discuss this exciting turn of events.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Normally i'd call the crop job circumstantial at best. And seeing people harass Jon from gamexplain is really upsetting. Cause whether or not he has legit info, he's still a really good guy who deserves respect. However...as much as I despise speculation based on tragedy. I have to agree. Being exactly where little mac was is decisive evidence in favor of the leak. And it also explains Sakurai's comment from the time, and why the ABSOLUTE need for the direct to be delayed was present.

That having been said. Team real has more points now than ever. And it's ironic how little mac in relation to a blond RPG protagonist is once again a decisive factor in a smash leak.

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
whoa whoa whoa ive been away too long, WHATS GOING ON?!! and I HAVE LIMITED TIME ON MY PHONE SOMEONE FILL ME IN

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So we've found 4 green pixels in the glitched Little Mac render on the website in the exact position the tip of one of Isaac's vines would've been in according to the Grinch leak. You join us as we discuss this exciting turn of events.
I posted this above. Basically, Team Real is looking really good right now.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I was working on this drawing yesterday. I debated whether I should put it on here or not; but since I wanted to show how much
I love this community, so here's all the 5 unique newcomers from the leak. I was gonna add Ken and Shadow to this picture, but
my Ken drawing looked really awful and it wouldn't be fair if Shadow made it on here but not Ken. Also I did messed up on a few parts
in this drawing (like Banjo right hand, oh god). Nonetheless, I hoped you guys enjoyed this picture. :b:
Grinch_leak-drawing.jpg

Eagle

Smash Lord
whoa whoa whoa ive been away too long, WHATS GOING ON?!! and I HAVE LIMITED TIME ON MY PHONE SOMEONE FILL ME IN
Some French baguette snapchatted promotional material of Smash Bros. that, long story short, is very convincing and if it is true then Isaac among others (Shadow, Ken, Banjo Kazooie, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Geno) are in.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
PokiehlthePoet PokiehlthePoet Essentially, from what I gathered so far, shortly after the Isabelle reveal the Smash website updates to include her. In doing so they shifted some characters, Little Mac, to be specific. . This shift caused a graphical error, cutting off Macs render. The error also perfectly correlates with Isaac in the leak at least position wise.

Not only that, Mac in the error picture has a few pixels of green next to his boot that’s no longer present currently in the Everyone Is Here banner. This green is supposedly Isaac’s grass.

This has led a few of us to believe that the September Direct was indeed supposed to have Isaac in it, but he was cut from the Direct.

Last edited:

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
I was working on this drawing yesterday. I debated whether I should put it on here or not; but since I wanted to show how much
I love this community, so here's all the 5 unique newcomers from the leak. I was gonna add Ken and Shadow to this picture, but
my Ken drawing looked really awful and it wouldn't be fair if Shadow made it on here but not Ken. Also I did messed up on a few parts
in this drawing (like Banjo right hand, oh god). Nonetheless, I hoped you guys enjoyed this picture. :b:
View attachment 173082
This is beautiful, my dude. Well done. God I hope this isn't too good to be true!

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's worth keeping in mind the source of this is a lossy jpeg. The original image would've had a clean, pixel-perfect separation, but the copy we have blurs and compresses and generally messes up the image in weird ways if you look too closely at it.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Just took a look back at the stuff from when the Direct happened - remember the interview where Sakurai said character announcements would be slowing down? Well...

He also said that because of the earthquake, "we could no longer use the original draft we had prepared" for the Direct.

Some people were speculating that Isaac was supposed to happen alongside, or instead of Isabelle, right? With Isaac using earth powers, it makes sense to think that if they could no longer use the original script, it's because they'd edited him out following the delay, especially when taken alongside this new info.

(I mean no disrespect at all to the victims of the earthquake! Just thought this was something worth pointing out.)
To me this feels like definitive proof about isaac's inclusion

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
I'm so happy for all the Isaac fans. I was rooting for em myself. IMO I think hes playable, there's too much evidence piling up for him.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So what do you make of the blog numbers then?
This is the only part of this whole thing that DOESN'T seem to align with what we know. There has to be another force at work here to explain this that we aren't accounting for. Any ideas?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
greeting isaac thread the pixels are indeed cut look at the right side of pacmans smile and look at the duck. you can see that the have been cut a bit to remove those leak characters.

Attachments

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, the blog numbers could've been shifted around. Sakurai may have wanted to make sure people couldn't tell that there was supposed to be another character revealed, and therefore, he didn't want an empty blog number to be left there for a month or two while they waited for the effects of the earthquake to die down. Even so, he still planned to reveal Isabelle, so keeping her posts the same number wouldn't be too bad.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
My thought is that they just reordered them after the fact and were going to focus on Isabelle initially (before Isaac) to hype the new AC game and left her numbers alone. Despite being a fan request, focusing on hyping up a new, popular game makes more sense for Nintendo than focusing immediately on an old one currently on hiatus.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
View attachment 173082
That’s so good! Wish I could draw like that

Teeb147

Smash Legend
greeting isaac thread the pixels are indeed cut look at the right side of pacmans smile and look at the duck. you can see that the have been cut a bit to remove those leak characters.
Well that's interesting, because that might actually be evidence against the leak. (urh, well not the leak, but the theory)
Because there's no way all those characters wouldve been revealed before.

My thought is that they just reordered them after the fact and were going to focus on Isabelle initially (before Isaac) to hype the new AC game and left her numbers alone. Despite being a fan request, focusing on hyping up a new, popular game makes more sense for Nintendo than focusing immediately on an old one currently on hiatus.
They dont seem to renumber them at all though. Only reordered based on events or changing decisions.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I used the mockup image from a page or two ago to show how jpeg compression could turn something green. I took a chunk of it and compared different quality levels of jpeg compression. It's large so I'm just linking it.

https://i.imgur.com/Byd7Bqn.jpg

Top Bottom