• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
And if Isaac was meant to be shown sometime during the September Direct, then that could have tied in with a new GS game or GS content in a pre-existing Nintendo game.
I think that's a bit of a stretch honestly.

Either way I think Isaac being in Smash could only mean good things for Golden Sun. (not to mention they're apparently trademarking the series as "Golden Sun" in Japan)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... the Grinch leak is stronger than ever. Good to know Isaac is finally likely after all these years.

I have always wanted Isaac in Smash since pre-Brawl. He wasn't high on my wanted characters list but I'm glad a character from my wanted characters list might finally get in.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If you found your brother with cake crumbs on his face and it's scent in the air, after he exclaimed he's hungry, your whole family told you there was cake today and you saw a cake in the freezer that was now gone, would you just say 'eh, the dog could have gotten that on him when he licked his face?'
#TeamFake would be more like "Well, your brother works at a bakery, so he probably baked and decorated the cake, put it in the freezer at the time he knew you would see it, spread the rumor that he was hungry with your parents and siblings, then baked a separate cake to get crumbs in his face and pranked you so that you would think that he ate the cake when it was sitting in a different fridge all along."

:laugh:

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
My issue with that possible explanation is why are Little Mac and Olimar the only ones cropped out? Of course I have no clue what the 6 images look like separately but it seems a bit strange that only those two were effected.
They're the only two that moved to make room for isabelle, so they're the only two affected

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
#TeamFake would be more like "Well, your brother works at a bakery, so he probably baked and decorated the cake, put it in the freezer at the time he knew you would see it, spread the rumor that he was hungry with your parents and siblings, then bake a separate cake to get crumbs in his face and pranked you so that you would think that he ate the cake when it was sitting in a different fridge all along."

That's exactly how the fanfics look like from #TeamFake regarding the grinch leak, lmao. It's just ridiculous and gets more and more unlikely as the leak gains more strength and solid ground.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...9370507/the_site_just_hadnt_fully_updated.png

It's just a site glitch I think...

The image wasn't a "Bad crop" it was the site not updating properly. The place where olimar and mac were cut was the seam on the looping mural on the website. The looping mural is 6 seperate images. They hadn't all updated to the new version yet. I even recreated it here. On the left is the 8/8 version of piece 2. On the right is the Isabelle version of piece 3. Piece 2 hadn't updated when that anon took that screenshot. That's it.

From Kevin on Discord
Hey, I've been browsing this thread since while I haven't beaten Golden Sun yet, it's fun to read the character threads of characters on the verge of being confirmed, and I hope you guys get Isaac in. Anyways I just wanted to say I don't see how this would deconfirm Isaac being cut from the mural. What I mean is, if the mural is multiple images, and Isabelle and Isaac were intended to be revealed in the same direct, (with a mural with all current characters plus Isabelle and Isaac being made) would it not be possible that when the images were updated, the people on the site figured they could just not update the Isaac portion since Isabelle is a single character and it might've at first glance seemed fine?

To visualize what I'm saying better, imagine these are of the relevant parts of the mural, before the direct. The one on the right will have Isabelle and the one on the left will have Isaac.

[r2][r2]

Now, direct comes and the original plan of them both being added doesn't go through, so they don't update the Isaac section, possibly because they might think Isabelle doesn't shift the characters enough to affect that section for it to need updating, but they do update the rest of them, including the Isabelle section. The original [r3] of Isaac isn't uploaded.

[r2][r3][r3][...]

At this point they notice that Isabelle's addition does shift Little Mac to an awkward position, and a new section needs to be updated. So they do and

[nr3][r3][r3]

I hope that makes sense. Regardless, good luck you guys!

Yusa

Smash Cadet
#TeamFake would be more like "Well, your brother works at a bakery, so he probably baked and decorated the cake, put it in the freezer at the time he knew you would see it, spread the rumor that he was hungry with your parents and siblings, then bake a separate cake to get crumbs in his face and pranked you so that you would think that he ate the cake when it was sitting in a different fridge all along."

Thanks for that exact recreation, i was being lazy, this is it! :D

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I'm going to see if I can find my copy of Golden Sun. I don't have a GBA anymore, but I still have my GameCube and the Game Boy Advance adapter somewhere.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun idea. The elemental stars are items. They can be picked up and thrown. When they land, a Djinn (of the element) comes out to assist the one who threw it.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I swear, the fun stuff always happens while I'm streaming or afk. Looking through all of this, the whole cut-off picture favours not only Isaac's inclusion but the Grinch leak, and according to some people the same thing happened with Geno through Pac-man as well...

We're entering the end-game guys!

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
They're the only two that moved to make room for isabelle, so they're the only two affected
Then it would still be an error with the mural itself, not a site glitch. After all, the ground isn't even affected where they're standing, which would definately be spit somewhere.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I swear, the fun stuff always happens while I'm streaming or afk. Looking through all of this, the whole cut-off picture favours not only Isaac's inclusion but the Grinch leak, and according to some people the same thing happened with Geno through Pac-man as well...

We're entering the end-game guys!
I saw someone on Reddit posting images of other cut offs that have occurred on the mural but they all had cuts all the way through the image. (whereas the Isaac one only had it halfway through the image)

That seems notable to me.

Last edited:

Yusa

Smash Cadet
You won't be happy to see how he's used his Play-Doh for Isaac then.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Then it would still be an error with the mural itself, not a site glitch. After all, the ground isn't even affected where they're standing, which would definately be spit somewhere.
The ground didn't change between the old version and the new, and with no difference between the two when the two parts of the mural were on different 'versions' it didn't make a difference like it did for Mac and Olimar.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Could someone tell me exactly what timeframe was the cut-off banner image (with mac) showing up on the site?

D

Deleted member

I'm sure I'll find out what's happening, eventually.

Seems like more news sounds good.,

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
As memory serves the website had at least one post number unaccounted for after Isabelle's trailer was added post-Direct, so that much should line up with the story. That being said, I haven't checked the numbers since early September and I can't say with certainty which gaps may still exist.

My biggest takeaway: if this is true (and it is a heck of a coincidence if it isn't), it would appear Isaac being cut from the September Direct saved the most wholesome fighter in Smash Bros. from the fate of being newcomer #69. Truly, Isaac is a hero!

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me about Isaac being in the September Direct is that Isabelle is fighter #68. If they had shown Isaac before her he would have been #68 and she would have been #69 - unless he were shown after the Animal Crossing segments which tied nicely into Smash, but it seems doubtful there would have been anything more to show after that. It was after all a Nintendo Direct and not a Smash-focused one.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me about Isaac being in the September Direct is that Isabelle is fighter #68. If they had shown Isaac before her he would have been #68 and she would have been #69 - unless he were shown after the Animal Crossing segments which tied nicely into Smash, but it seems doubtful there would have been anything more to show after that. It was after all a Nintendo Direct and not a Smash-focused one.
Maybe they were going to open with Animal Crossing and end it with Isaac? That's a theory I've seen thrown around quite a bit.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As memory serves the website had at least one post number unaccounted for after Isabelle's trailer was added post-Direct, so that much should line up with the story. That being said, I haven't checked the numbers since early September and I can't say with certainty which gaps may still exist.

My biggest takeaway: if this is true (and it is a heck of a coincidence if it isn't), it would appear Isaac being cut from the September Direct saved the most wholesome fighter in Smash Bros. from the fate of being newcomer #69. Truly, Isaac is a hero!
If that scenario ends up being true I think it's more likely that Isabelle was always going to be #68 and Isaac was always going to be #69. (It's not proof but I also think an Isabelle reveal to open the direct and an Isaac reveal to close the direct makes the most sense)

I think it's a simpler explanation. It would also explain why we had such a wait between reveals and why we have 7 more characters left to be revealed with a month to go.....because the numbers are set in stone and they can't just push Isaac back and reveal someone else.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
If that scenario ends up being true I think it's more likely that Isabelle was always going to be #68 and Isaac was always going to be #69. (It's not proof but I also think an Isabelle reveal to open the direct and an Isaac reveal to close the direct makes the most sense)

I think it's a simpler explanation. It would also explain why we had such a wait between reveals and why we have 7 more characters left to be revealed with a month to go.....because the numbers are set in stone and they can't just push Isaac back and reveal someone else.
Yeah, because the numbers determine placement on the CSS. To change the order of reveals would mean redoing artwork and changing anything in-game that relied on those numbers, which means at least the CSS (and probably a few other things as well).

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
If that scenario ends up being true I think it's more likely that Isabelle was always going to be #68 and Isaac was always going to be #69.

I imagine the numbers are a relatively easy change and probably not reflective of anything other than the order they've been revealed. Like, I'm trying to envision what the September Direct would look like if an Isaac trailer was also in there, and I think it slots in right before Isabelle: traditional Smash trailer, leading into surprise Isabelle trailer, leading into surprise Animal Crossing Switch announcement as the big final reveal. Having Isaac come after Isabelle would break up the AC trailers, and there's no way an Isaac trailer comes after the most important announcement of the entire Direct.

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
The ground didn't change between the old version and the new, and with no difference between the two when the two parts of the mural were on different 'versions' it didn't make a difference like it did for Mac and Olimar.
I'm afraid I misunderstand then. My point was that the characters (and only the moved ones) shouldn't have any conceivable reason to be any differently affected than aspects surrounding them. The way the cut is made is odd, since Ike and stuff Little Mac and Olimar are touching should be affected as well, it feels. The type of effect we are seeing would only happen, I feel, if the characters where specifically moved on the mural itself, rather than the thing being updated then and there. Given how they are split into separate pictures to cause the infinite scrolling effect, I think it's more likely that this was an error when it was created.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's something I dont understand about this image thing...

Clearly they'd have all of the images by themselves in photoshop, so why would they need to cut off the image near little mac, rather than just remove the image of isaac? It seems harder to actually crop it and then put the rest like Ike looking ok next to that.

Also, they would've had all the time of the 'delay' to change the art,

I'm not sure how it would make sense for them to crop it like that at the reveal. Can someone try to explain?

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Here's something I dont understand about this image thing...

Clearly they'd have all of the images by themselves in photoshop, so why would they need to cut off the image near little mac, rather than just remove the image of isaac? It seems harder to actually crop it and then put the rest like Ike looking ok next to that.

Also, they would've had all the time of the 'delay' to change the art,

I'm not sure how it would make sense for them to crop it like that at the reveal. Can someone try to explain?
Probably whoever was responsible for changing the mural just forgot to update that portion of if with Isaac and the resulting image glitch happened.

Top Bottom