• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I essentially think that what it comes down to is the next non-echo reveals. I.E. Geno, B&K, Isaac, Geno, Chorus Kids or Mach Rider.
If one of those gets revealed, this is probably real.
Shadow and Ken felt obvious for the most part, like Isabelle did.

If I had to guess the most likely to show up in a normal direct at this point would be... Chorus Kids or Isaac. Maybe an echo, too. Both have a possibility of a game being advertised with them, in my opinion.

Naturally this is only the case if the leak is true. :p
But that's how I feel.
Any character that gets revealed would back up this leak though, since their mural image would match up with the leak.

So hopefully we don't have too long to wait before we know if this is real or not.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You might be able to try debunking the background, but any minor blemishes or things not matching up pales in comparison to the rest of the information we have working with here. I've seen the comparisons everyone's pointing out and I'm not colored impressed with disproving the leak.

If one static, blurry picture is all we had going for this, no one would even give this the time of day to begin with in the first place, but it's not. There's too many details that just work out too well to just be from a mastermind or coincidence. For instance, just the thing the banner is printed on. It's used for advertising materials at stations in stores. To make that, you have to get the scaling and measurements right and have access to specialized printers and knowledge of lithography. There's evidence to show that there's multiple of the same thing being printed, like you think they would for a graphic design company. One person did all of that?

You have other evidence that they're also designing a chandelier in the same manner and the original photos both show it with crystal clarity. Because you have to zoom in and pixelate everything, of course details will be muddied. Crystal positions or clouds not looking right just seems like the wrong angle to take.

Also like Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 posted above me, when all of these characters are moved around, they reveal completely new parts of existing ones. If someone with fantastic artistic and photoshop skills put it together... okay I think I can accept it. But, now you're adding someone who has the most ridiculous looking resume I've ever seen. What can't they do? It takes time and people to put all of this kind of stuff together, and all of this was done in a month with one person?

I haven't even mentioned the Grinch stuff or the CSI work people have done with the actual employee whose name showed up which also corroborate all of this evidence.

Occam's Razor just says otherwise here. I appreciate people trying to temper expectations and find out the root of things before it really burns us because it turns out to be fake. I would love to call it fake. Maybe I'm mistaken here and there's something I'm not seeing. Is there a guy out there that has a hobby of mocking up graphic designs of things in his free time? Or even more ridiculous, someone who has the wherewithal to hatch a scheme to make even Professor Moriarty blush? Well, I'll prepare to have my mind blown when that day comes, which is going to be very soon.

Ok, let me try and address all your points:

Having designs of chandeliers doesn't even mean you understand them. Printing something out doesn't mean anything of what you implied, anyone can print anything out. Calculations and blueprints for almost any shape are easily found online, I mean just because I 3d printed a spaceship doesn't mean I know how to build it.

Yea, almost definitely someone with photoshop knowledge made this, but why are you assuming that Roy's extra leg looks any good? Why do you think he's an amazing artist if you can't tell the detail at all because of the bluriness. I'll give you a point though, he made 7 new models and they look fairly well so he has some skills for sure. Let's add artist to the resume.

Ridiculous resume you've ever seen? Are you in high school? About half the people I know could make this leak in less than a week. That might be because I work in the gaming industry and half the people I know are artists, but what this should tell you is that it isn't a "ridiculous" resume, this is just general artist skill with time commitment.

You guys should keep in mind that even if this was real this was made by someone. So if someone exists that has the skills to do this then obviously there's people that exist that have the skill to fake it. Normally it isn't about "skill" it's about time commitment. People will waste weeks on something if they are getting paid, almost no one will waste days on something if it's just for a prank. It's never about "ridiculous skill".

The Grinch stuff is only relevant because it's something unique that throws you off, it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Basically it's a "who would think of that!" scenario, but if someone were to think of adding that then that whole theory falls apart.

You do realize anyone can look up names and companies online btw? Having a name on the paper doesn't mean it was truly that person that posted the picture.

Here's my other post in the general thread:

Behind Cloud there's 2 crystals, in one of the versions you can see one of the crystals sticking out between his legs, but the 2nd crystal is not viewable in any version. Then in the leak there's only 1 crystal instead of 2.

The whole island that disappears and that section of the waterfall that's curved, they are never visible in any past version of the mural, and thus they are completely missing in the leak.

There's a mountain that has 3 rays of light, Ray A is visible in one version, Ray B is partially visible in another version, Ray C is never visible. The leak has Ray A pretty accurate, Ray B is semi-accurate having a slightly different shape, and it has no Ray C.

There's a conglomerations of rocks behind Nana, Nana is one of that chars that has basically not moved at all so she's in front of those rocks in every version. In the leak those rocks are non-existent.

The things I am talking about are not "dark" or "light". The leak is outright missing parts of the stage. Missing crystals. Missing floating rocks. It isn't about it being blurry or not. The "light shaft" I am talking about is extremely visible, even in the leak, Shaft A and B and super visible, yet Shaft C (which should be literally right next to Shaft B) is non-existent (it's actually not even a light shaft, it's just light reflecting off water from the waterfall).

If you want to know it's the rightmost front-side mountain, right behind Dedede (it's actually not light, but water from the river). Also that same river is non-existent on the leak. On the leak it looks like a lake that ends as opposed to a river that falls off the mountain. And before you try to explain why that happens, let me tell you that curiously the "lake" portion of the leak is always visible in all previous versions of the mural, but the river portion of this same lake was never visible and coincidentally it's also missing from the leak even though the lake section is still there.

So like either they decided to cut/delete/change all the objects that have been located behind characters in all previous versions or a guy was just filling in the blanks with clouds and whatnot (or letting Photoshop fill it for him) and obviously couldn't guess when there was a river, an island, crystals or anything else.

I tried to prove this leak true. I tried looking behind every character to see if the leak matched and I didn't find a single instance of an object that was hidden behind a character that was also present in the leak. In every single case the objects were missing. What does Occam's Razor tell you about that?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I find it a bit odd that someone would go to all this trouble to make a fake leak and not include Incineroar. They must have been very confident in their abilities if they believed they could convince people a leak without Incineroar was true.

Of course if it's fake it actually did end up happening that people believed it but even so it seems odd to me that a leaker would not include Incineroar unless they really hated him. Particularly when they've gone to the trouble of creating so much artwork for the leak, they were clearly focused on this being believable.

I'm leaning towards this being real and people are just going overboard trying to poke holes in it. (because in regards to smash, people don't have anything else to do except try to pull it apart) Legitimate leaks in the past have had plenty of "holes" poked in them. I remember back when Pokemon X & Y was being leaked people had very convincing reasons as to why the images were fake and yet they were still real. Same goes for the ESRB leak. It's easy to look back in hindsight and say these people didn't know what they were talking about but at the time these people genuinely believed they had valid reasons to believe they were fake.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find it a bit odd that someone would go to all this trouble to make a fake leak and not include Incineroar. They must have been very confident in their abilities if they believed they could convince people a leak without Incineroar was true.

Of course if it's fake it actually did end up happening that people believed it but even so it seems odd to me that a leaker would not include Incineroar unless they really hated him. Particularly when they've gone to the trouble of creating so much artwork for the game, they were clearly focused on this being believable.

I'm leaning towards this being real and people are just going overboard trying to poke holes in it. (because in regards to smash, people don't have anything else to do except try to pull it apart) Legitimate leaks in the past have had plenty of "holes" poked in them. I remember back when Pokemon X & Y was being leaked people had very convincing reasons as to why the images were fake and yet they were still real. Same goes for the ESRB leak. It's easy to look back in hindsight and say these people didn't know what they were talking about but at the time people genuinely believed they had valid reasons to believe they were fake.
Shulk is a modified Little Mac.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I saw this over at gamefaqs and thought it was well said. (in regards to the vaanrose analysis)

The thing is they are for two different displays. As someone who does graphic layout for a living and did layout for stuff like E3 I can tell you it's actually very common for artwork to be updated constantly and I do mean CONSTANTLY. There are always tons of little tweaks especially if the client is fickle or unsure. This is because usually there is a whole team of people who review and make suggestions. And it's actually not that common to reuse artwork, when new marketing is happening new artwork is generally produced if only because it's an excuse to get more changes in and people IME are incredibly indecisive fickle creatures.

And of course this also assumes that the changes are being made simply due to people wanting to tweak the design. In my experience a lot of times artwork has to be tweaked and redrawn/edited because what they want won't fit the displays/booth/banner/etc... or when they see it they realize they don't like how it looks. As a graphic layout tech my job is more often than not to be the one who does those tweaks, however if it requires heavier editing that would eat up too much time it's usually sent back to the client with a request they have their designers change it to how they want. Though even then a lot of times they don't have designers and/or can't provide new artwork so then it's our job to do little edits here and there. This is especially common for artwork that requires extensions.

Point is it's not really good evidence against it or for it.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So in other words, it's pointless to try to nitpick at slight differences in the background, and better to simply wait for a reveal and see if it matches up the pose and whatnot.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
It's funny, this feels like a Phoenix Wright trial
Reposting a post I found on 4chan that I found rather funny

"Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery."

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Ok, let me try and address all your points:

Having designs of chandeliers doesn't even mean you understand them. Printing something out doesn't mean anything of what you implied, anyone can print anything out. Calculations and blueprints for almost any shape are easily found online, I mean just because I 3d printed a spaceship doesn't mean I know how to build it.

Yea, almost definitely someone with photoshop knowledge made this, but why are you assuming that Roy's extra leg looks any good? Why do you think he's an amazing artist if you can't tell the detail at all because of the bluriness. I'll give you a point though, he made 7 new models and they look fairly well so he has some skills for sure. Let's add artist to the resume.

Ridiculous resume you've ever seen? Are you in high school? About half the people I know could make this leak in less than a week. That might be because I work in the gaming industry and half the people I know are artists, but what this should tell you is that it isn't a "ridiculous" resume, this is just general artist skill with time commitment.

You guys should keep in mind that even if this was real this was made by someone. So if someone exists that has the skills to do this then obviously there's people that exist that have the skill to fake it. Normally it isn't about "skill" it's about time commitment. People will waste weeks on something if they are getting paid, almost no one will waste days on something if it's just for a prank. It's never about "ridiculous skill".

The Grinch stuff is only relevant because it's something unique that throws you off, it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Basically it's a "who would think of that!" scenario, but if someone were to think of adding that then that whole theory falls apart.

You do realize anyone can look up names and companies online btw? Having a name on the paper doesn't mean it was truly that person that posted the picture.

Here's my other post in the general thread:

Behind Cloud there's 2 crystals, in one of the versions you can see one of the crystals sticking out between his legs, but the 2nd crystal is not viewable in any version. Then in the leak there's only 1 crystal instead of 2.

The whole island that disappears and that section of the waterfall that's curved, they are never visible in any past version of the mural, and thus they are completely missing in the leak.

There's a mountain that has 3 rays of light, Ray A is visible in one version, Ray B is partially visible in another version, Ray C is never visible. The leak has Ray A pretty accurate, Ray B is semi-accurate having a slightly different shape, and it has no Ray C.

There's a conglomerations of rocks behind Nana, Nana is one of that chars that has basically not moved at all so she's in front of those rocks in every version. In the leak those rocks are non-existent.

The things I am talking about are not "dark" or "light". The leak is outright missing parts of the stage. Missing crystals. Missing floating rocks. It isn't about it being blurry or not. The "light shaft" I am talking about is extremely visible, even in the leak, Shaft A and B and super visible, yet Shaft C (which should be literally right next to Shaft B) is non-existent (it's actually not even a light shaft, it's just light reflecting off water from the waterfall).

If you want to know it's the rightmost front-side mountain, right behind Dedede (it's actually not light, but water from the river). Also that same river is non-existent on the leak. On the leak it looks like a lake that ends as opposed to a river that falls off the mountain. And before you try to explain why that happens, let me tell you that curiously the "lake" portion of the leak is always visible in all previous versions of the mural, but the river portion of this same lake was never visible and coincidentally it's also missing from the leak even though the lake section is still there.

So like either they decided to cut/delete/change all the objects that have been located behind characters in all previous versions or a guy was just filling in the blanks with clouds and whatnot (or letting Photoshop fill it for him) and obviously couldn't guess when there was a river, an island, crystals or anything else.

I tried to prove this leak true. I tried looking behind every character to see if the leak matched and I didn't find a single instance of an object that was hidden behind a character that was also present in the leak. In every single case the objects were missing. What does Occam's Razor tell you about that?
Yes, a ridiculous resume. Maybe you don't fully comprehend what I'm talking about when I say that? I'm hardly in high school, I have a Masters degree in a science field, so it's not like I have no idea how much work can be done by one person. You have to collaborate with others to get stuff done in most fields and I really don't think this is any different.

Most of the skill I'm talking about here isn't with the banner specifically. Graphics artist that can draw some characters and move around stuff using photoshop and put together something digitally to print out? Yes, I can obviously accept a person can do that. It happens all the time. Someone who does graphic design as well for advertisement material, okay sure. You're getting pretty shaky here though and you're starting to make a bigger claim than I think you realize. Everything here can mostly be done digitally using software that's available or programs online. But here's where it stops. Now let's rescale and define measurements for actual promotional material that we're going to print out. Now let's learn how to do coloring and lithography to make the actual piece to send out to retailers. Entire companies exist so that this can be accomplished. We also know that the person named in the original photo worked for one such company. Why would an entire company like that exist if it can be done by one person on his home printer with free design software? You'd bankrupt the entire industry with ability like that.

The last two paragraphs of yours is exactly where the Occam's Razor is used in this situation. We're getting some mastermind vibes with that thinking. You can look up companies that do this sort of thing, sure. You find one near you, namely one in France in this instance. Maybe you can find an employee that works there to use as your scapegoat. That scapegoat conveniently leaves that company a month ago to work at another one. You throw in other promotional material from things that are conveniently due to release around the same time (The Grinch) in your photos, but also have the ability to make everything look on a professional level. Then you black out the name you have and the whole leak is complete. Or... the dude took video of his workplace and made a mistake showing it to people. Like I said, that would be truly unbelievable.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Eh. Forget I said anything. Night people.
I just simply hope it's real. And it's looking that way. What "debunks" it is much weaker evidence than what we've put up with in many other leaks.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yes, a ridiculous resume. Maybe you don't fully comprehend what I'm talking about when I say that? I'm hardly in high school, I have a Masters degree in a science field, so it's not like I have no idea how much work can be done by one person. You have to collaborate with others to get stuff done in most fields and I really don't think this is any different.

Most of the skill I'm talking about here isn't with the banner specifically. Graphics artist that can draw some characters and move around stuff using photoshop and put together something digitally to print out? Yes, I can obviously accept a person can do that. It happens all the time. Someone who does graphic design as well for advertisement material, okay sure. You're getting pretty shaky here though and you're starting to make a bigger claim than I think you realize. Everything here can mostly be done digitally using software that's available or programs online. But here's where it stops. Now let's rescale and define measurements for actual promotional material that we're going to print out. Now let's learn how to do coloring and lithography to make the actual piece to send out to retailers. Entire companies exist so that this can be accomplished. We also know that the person named in the original photo worked for one such company. Why would an entire company like that exist if it can be done by one person on his home printer with free design software? You'd bankrupt the entire industry with ability like that.

The last two paragraphs of yours is exactly where the Occam's Razor is used in this situation. We're getting some mastermind vibes with that thinking. You can look up companies that do this sort of thing, sure. You find one near you, namely one in France in this instance. Maybe you can find an employee that works there to use as your scapegoat. That scapegoat conveniently leaves that company a month ago to work at another one. You throw in other promotional material from things that are conveniently due to release around the same time (The Grinch) in your photos, but also have the ability to make everything look on a professional level. Then you black out the name you have and the whole leak is complete. Or... the dude took video of his workplace and made a mistake showing it to people. Like I said, that would be truly unbelievable.
Most of the skills you are claiming you're already assuming everything on the paper is real. Have you seen the piece he sent out to retailers physically? Why are you assuming it's competent or that it's even done. Have you actually checked all his calculations and all the papers on the table to check whether the resizing and scaling is correct? As far as I know, the only thing of value if the actual wristband itself, and I don't think it's hard to get wristband measurements online and just add your own art on it.

I am talking about specifically what it would take to fake specifically what's on the table. You don't need to have knowledge of specific things to show them. I could open up a bunch of unreal blueprints I find online on my pc monitor and some C++ tabs on visual studio and blur them out to the point where you can't read them and then show a video of a character jumping without any knowledge of programming at all. Yet you for some reason are assuming I know both programming, rigging and animation since the character is obviously rigged and animated.

I think it's far too coincidental that every single instance of a spot where a character has never moved is somehow wrong on the leak. And between Nintendo changing every single part of the background where there was a character and also changing NOTHING more, just that (let me reemphasize that, a big company taking time and money to change an already completed promotional picture to remove objects from it that will not be visible anyways and then leaving the rest of the picture exactly identical) and someone looking up an employee online to pin this on, I believe someone looking up an employee online is much more believable.

I'll pm you, maybe if I show you the actual thing you will understand it more.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Everything inconsistent in the background is not a definitive debunk. It is very possible that these things can often change during development; finer details like background items, crystals, and rays of light may have been altered or tweaked to not distract from the cluster of 81 characters. And arguments like "look, this is different on the CSS from what we've seen previously" were the crux of the ESRB leak detractors' arguments, and look how that turned out.

And furthermore Chiroz Chiroz , if this person is as skilled as you claim, I feel like the background is something they would make sure to get right. Especially given they also have an empty background in the image. Seems a bit odd to me to claim the leaker is a master graphic designer who just so happened to not do all his research to match the previous Battlefield images perfectly.

You could be right, sure. Would be an impressive as hell fake. But I wouldn't say that's very likely until we learn more one way or the other.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
The inconsistencies between the two blank backgrounds also exist in the real one. Compare where Dark Samus and Shulk are in the current one, for example, and it does not match the higher quality background yet does match the leak.

1540458454169.png

We're basically looking at a realistic background vs a simplified backdrop.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
For all we know, the art in the leak isn't a finalized version. Could be a prototype. Might be trying various changes to the background and whatnot. The background has already changed since the E3 version so for all we know this is just one of the various styles they've tried.

It's hard to really knock out this leak simply due to how it looks, given how bad the quality of a zoomed in snapchat pic/vid freeze frame is. It does give a general idea though.

I can definitely imagine graphics for something like this being continually changed to suit Nintendo's wants.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I’m scared when I wake up in the morning now that it was proven fake while I was sleeping ... :drsad:
Was "disablad" proof that the ESRB leak was fake to you? That's the same level of reaching going on right now trying to debunk the leak.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Everything inconsistent in the background is not a definitive debunk. It is very possible that these things can often change during development; finer details like background items, crystals, and rays of light may have been altered or tweaked to not distract from the cluster of 81 characters. And arguments like "look, this is different on the CSS from what we've seen previously" were the crux of the ESRB leak detractors' arguments, and look how that turned out.

And furthermore Chiroz Chiroz , if this person is as skilled as you claim, I feel like the background is something they would make sure to get right. Especially given they also have an empty background in the image. Seems a bit odd to me to claim the leaker is a master graphic designer who just so happened to not do all his research to match the previous Battlefield images perfectly.

You could be right, sure. Would be an impressive as hell fake. But I wouldn't say that's very likely until we learn more one way or the other.

Who said he is a master graphic designer? Like we can't really tell what the models he made look like because of how blurry it is. At most we can say he understands how to do art and had a lot of free time to kill.

Also, the blank E3 background was something no one knew where to look until someone just screen capped the video before the characters appeared in. I will give you though that it seems pretty crazy that someone planned all this crazy leak out and had all these details going for it only to miss a huge detail as "We have the official blank background available if you screencap the video where the artwork was first shown".

Anyways, as I've tried to say many times, the thing that convinces me is not the inconsistencies themselves, is where those inconsistencies lie.

I will try to give a more detailed information.

I thought it was real, and when I heard about the inconsistencies I talked to Vaan so that we could look for undeniable proof that the leak was real. I told him that we should part from the premise that the leak is fake and we should look for something that there was no way for the leaker to know. We first decided to make the assumption that the inconsistencies exist because the leaker wasn't aware of the empty E3 background, as such he would only have 3 (10) different murals available to him. Ridley mural (with and without Ridley), K Rool mural (with and without Simon/Richter/Dark Samus/Chrom/K Rool) and Isabelle mural (with and without Isabelle).

So we decided what we could do is look for spaces on all 3 (10) murals that had never been shown before, spaces that have at all times been covered by charaters.

This is sort of what happened with me:

A-) Bowser never moved, let me see how it looks on the leak and E3. - Oh, it's missing a whole section of the stage there
B-) Cloud barely moved and there's some crystals behind him, let me see how it looks on the leak. - Oh, you can only see the very tip of the crystal that you could see through Cloud's leg on version 3, everything else about the crystal is completely gone.
C-) There's a second crystal behind Cloud that is never seen on any version - Oh, that crystal doesn't exist on the leak.
D-) These 2 bodies of water to the sides of Dedede is actually a river in the empty E3 background. It starts on his right side and extends to his left side, but since he is covering most of it up, it just looks like 2 disconnected pieces of water. Let me see how it looks on the leak. - Oh ****, it is cut off exactly where Dedede is on every version and instead looks like 2 lakes, one on each side of where Dedede would be.
E-) Look at the floating islands/rocks behind Nana, she's never moved so we had never seen it before. - Oh, it doesn't exist on the leak, there are just clouds.

There were like 5 or 6 more inconsistencies of the same type. Vaan also noticed a bunch of them that I didn't notice yet.

Through our combined effort we could not find a single instance where the leaker would not be able to know what was behind a character that he guessed right. They are ALL wrong. And it isn't "blurriness" or "distortion" wrong. It's things such as a whole corner of the stage missing. A huge island gone. A river becoming 2 separated lakes. Crystals seemingly disappearing or just being a completely different shape (like so different it was obviously not distortion).

I want to believe the leak, I really want Isaac and Banjo to make it in, but my logical way of thinking cannot allow me to believe that coincidentally every single spot where the leaker would have to "guess" was wrong.

Edit: What makes it even more unbelievable is that if you then do the reverse and check every section of the mural that was uncovered in any of the 3 (10) versions, you will notice they are identical. So the only things that were changed in the background were the things the leaker wouldn't have been able to see due to not having access to the blank background.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I just woke up, what did I miss? The last thing I remember is seeing Spawn Wave telling this could be fake. We have new info / details about the leak or leaker? Any detail will be welcome, this is becoming my best hobby.

EDIT: aside Chiroz Chiroz comment, thanks for the ninja info. I found this posted in General, what do you think? I never trust 4chan stuff but I wanted to ask: https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436387397

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
This has to be fake. Apparently we are going to get a direct next week (yes, it has to be next week) which is going to reveal 5 new stages (there's no way, Banjo, Isaac and the Chorus Kids aren't coming without one) 5 character trailers with two echoes in there somewhere, detail Spirits mode, go through other new modes and, as I imagine since Chorus Kids and Mach Rider have to be fairly unique, they will get additional spotlight outside of there trailer where Sakurai goes through there moveset. I imagine Sakurai is going to put some time towards Assist Trophies and Pokeballs. And Banjo, don't you think Banjo would have been revealed at E3? This direct is going to be at least 2 hours, and I just don't see that happening, especially when there have been countless events where nothing has been revealed.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Also, the blank E3 background was something no one knew where to look until someone just screen capped the video before the characters appeared in. I will give you though that it seems pretty crazy that someone planned all this crazy leak out and had all these details going for it only to miss a huge detail as "We have the official blank background available if you screencap the video where the artwork was first shown".
What video were you looking at? From what I remember the artwork was first shown at the end of the everyone is here trailer, and it had literally all the characters on it. Where did you find the blank battlefield?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What video were you looking at? From what I remember the artwork was first shown at the end of the everyone is here trailer, and it had literally all the characters on it. Where did you find the blank battlefield?
I didn't find it myself, someone else did and posted it on general. They said they got it from a video shown at E3. I have no idea where the blank E3 background came from, but I haven't seen anyone debate it isn't the official one and it was posted like 12+ hours ago.

If it wasn't shown on the Everyone is Here trailer, it makes much more sense why the leaker didn't even know it existed.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Nobody said we’ll get all 7 revealed in the same direct. We could get a smash dedicated direct with 5 of them like the previous one and the 2 remaning for an other event.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
This has to be fake. Apparently we are going to get a direct next week (yes, it has to be next week) which is going to reveal 5 new stages (there's no way, Banjo, Isaac and the Chorus Kids aren't coming without one) 5 character trailers with two echoes in there somewhere, detail Spirits mode, go through other new modes and, as I imagine since Chorus Kids and Mach Rider have to be fairly unique, they will get additional spotlight outside of there trailer where Sakurai goes through there moveset. I imagine Sakurai is going to put some time towards Assist Trophies and Pokeballs. And Banjo, don't you think Banjo would have been revealed at E3? This direct is going to be at least 2 hours, and I just don't see that happening, especially when there have been countless events where nothing has been revealed.
So your main argument is that it's too good to be true.
Predicting what Sakurai will do literally has never ended well. A 50 minute Smash direct is more than enough to showcase everyone and the remaining missing stuff.
Have some faith, we've come to the point that people are trying to point out graphical errors from a stitched together zoomed in snap photo with other zoomed in low quality pictures. Take a step back and think about this whole story.

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't the inconsistencies be explained by there being two different backgrounds? One that's a high quality image of the full background for a full screen display at E3 to show all the details, and a second simpler version that doesn't include details you would normally be unable to see?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Considering the August Direct was only 27 minutes long and not only had 5 characters (2 echoes) and filled to the brim with stuff, 7 characters in 40-50 is definitely do-able

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Couldn't the inconsistencies be explained by there being two different backgrounds? One that's a high quality image of the full background for a full screen display at E3 to show all the details, and a second simpler version that doesn't include details you would normally be unable to see?

No, because if you read my previous post there are things such as the river being cut exactly where Dedede is, or a huge section of the stage itself just being cut off (not details, the ground itself, the stage in the leak has missing ground) that has nothing to do.

Plus why would you make a simpler version for something that is going to be printed? It makes sense for digital stuff to have simpler versions so they take less resources, but for physical real world objects it would just be more work for no reason.

Unless we’re assuming there’s going to be some sort of digital release of the Battlefield in the mural (which is not 1:1 to the one in game by the way).

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I believe this is real! I heard though the leaker will get in trouble if real since he didn't cover up his name.. well he had an attitude so he had it coming...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I posted this over in the Chorus Kids thread but I'll repost it here since it's relevant:

I feel like this actually points towards the validity of the leak as a whole.

View attachment 171874

I find it really hard to imagine that a fake leaker would make the decision to include the conductor let alone four Chorus Kids. It's such a bizarre decision that I really wouldn't expect a fake leaker to make, not even as a "wacky random thing" to fool people with.

If you do any research at all the wikia page for the Chorus Kids clearly shows that there are three chorus kids, not four.

The part in the middle is such a mess there could be a 5th chorus kid there along with the conductor.....it's probably just the conductor but I can't tell.

Whatever way you look at these guys, they're really strange.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
but that's matthew... so many people mix him up with isaac though
Meh it's some rando who didn't know the difference so meh but I got another image from that board that will haunt me all day at work this is terrifying no one can say otherwise
1540458552142.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom