• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Im happy for you Isaac Fans your support and hope is so support was strong your wish comes true Im happy for you.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I posted this over in the Chorus Kids thread but I'll repost it here since it's relevant:
This is how I feel with Isaac's mural pose too. Especially if Flint is part of the shot and it's something similar to what Katy Parry Katy Parry suggested in that Isaac could be in the midst of trying to catch it and that's why he's kneeled down.

Either way it's just something that fits more in line with something you'd expect of Sakurai rather than fake leakers who would have had a more generic pose with his sword or have him do his earth psynergy as that's what he's wildly known for in the community.

Well there is always the fact that said leaker is huge fans of both of these series and wanted to pay some homage to them and showcase something that hasn't been done before when it comes to them getting fake leaked elsewhere. Of course that just continues to add to the genius of one guy (or group of guys) lol.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I also think we might not get all 7 characters in one direct. However I get the feeling that we might end up with 2 directs.
One Smash Direct (about 40min - 1h) and a Extravaganza or regular Nintendo Direct.

I think it could go this way:

Smash Direct: 1 Newcomer at the start (hopefully Isaac because of 69 and character in-depth talk), another Newcomer after that, 2 Echoes in-between and 1 Newcomer to finish it off.

Extravaganza/Nintendo Direct: 1 Newcomer at the very beginning and 1 Newcomer at the end. That would make all 7 in total.

Another theory I had was that Sakurai might have planned a multiple character trailer. I know those aren't that common but whatever, there are no rules when it comes to Sakurai. So we could get Mach Rider & Chorus Kids in one trailer for example. But time will tell. I get the feeling that the next smash related direct will be here in about 2-3 weeks.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I also think we might not get all 7 characters in one direct. However I get the feeling that we might end up with 2 directs.
One Smash Direct (about 40min - 1h) and a Extravaganza or regular Nintendo Direct.

I think it could go this way:

Smash Direct: 1 Newcomer at the start (hopefully Isaac because of 69 and character in-depth talk), another Newcomer after that, 2 Echoes in-between and 1 Newcomer to finish it off.

Extravaganza/Nintendo Direct: 1 Newcomer at the very beginning and 1 Newcomer at the end. That would make all 7 in total.

Another theory I had was that Sakurai might have planned a multiple character trailer. I know those aren't that common but whatever, there are no rules when it comes to Sakurai. So we could get Mach Rider & Chorus Kids in one trailer for example. But time will tell. I get the feeling that the next smash related direct will be here in about 2-3 weeks.
My thoughts as well.

ferioku

Smash Ace
If this ends up true, I still wont believe it. As for possible DLC, Id honestly say bandana dee and skull kid! If Isaac gets in ill route for em!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Honestly I have no idea what to think. It both screams real or fake at the same time and no-one can put a solid pin on its legit nature now. I'm hopping back to Team Neutral until the new facts are analyzed.

Man this is one rollercoaster of a leak

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If this ends up true, I still wont believe it. As for possible DLC, Id honestly say bandana dee and skull kid! If Isaac gets in ill route for em!
Bandana Dee
Skull Kid
Shantae
Sora
Dixie Kong
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Springman

All of these characters I could see being DLC.

Arteen

Smash Lord
This is an elaborate fake by a talented artist with experience or familiarity in the promotional doodad industry.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo.

...please?

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing about all this is: We just need one character. Only ONE. Cause if the artwork matches the one in the picture, we can start to celebrate... officially.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, here's the comment that explains it all:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...sponse_from_marina_plv_company_where/e8f6dun/

Funny thing about all this is: We just need one character. Only ONE. Cause if the artwork matches the one in the picture, we can start to celebrate... officially.
Funny thing. What if they did reveal everyone in one Direct? The art would go up at the end, meaning there wouldn't be anyone else left to be proven true by the fake. Granted, if about 2-3 of them get revealed before the end, it'll be pretty safe to guess the rest.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
They discovered that Eric isn't working in that company anymore, he's working in another one similar and related with Namco stuff.

And they added this:

INFOGRAPHIC.png

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
I also read the Marina response (in french) on FB.

The least we can say it's this pretty confirm that Nintendo Actu is not lying about Eric working with a new company, wich is a good news.
Marina just want to protect their reputation, by confirming that this leaker/faker doesn't work with them anymore.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
So your main argument is that it's too good to be true.
Predicting what Sakurai will do literally has never ended well. A 50 minute Smash direct is more than enough to showcase everyone and the remaining missing stuff.
Have some faith, we've come to the point that people are trying to point out graphical errors from a stitched together zoomed in snap photo with other zoomed in low quality pictures. Take a step back and think about this whole story.
It's not really evidenc, I'm just coming at this from a common sense angle. It makes no sense, to go through EVO, TGS and EGX with no announcements and then just put 5 character trailers in one direct. And Sakurai said he front loaded to much, this is the exact opposite of that, this is announcing 7 newcomers less than a month before release. And before you answer with "Sakurai's a troll" or "he's gone back on his word before": no he's not and no he hasn't.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Nobody said we’ll get all 7 revealed in the same direct. We could get a smash dedicated direct with 5 of them like the previous one and the 2 remaning for an other event.
They need to all be announced next week for the blog to have time to post all the trailer remixes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So does that vouch for this leak being legit or against it? (or neither?)

This leak is super strange.
All it proves is the guy printed this stuff out at work. We don't know if he did this for fun, or was an actual thing the company is working on. I don't even know if this company has any ties to the game industry itself

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
It's not really evidenc, I'm just coming at this from a common sense angle. It makes no sense, to go through EVO, TGS and EGX with no announcements and then just put 5 character trailers in one direct. And Sakurai said he front loaded to much, this is the exact opposite of that, this is announcing 7 newcomers less than a month before release. And before you answer with "Sakurai's a troll" or "he's gone back on his word before": no he's not and no he hasn't.
Well he did say they were going to slow down the pace of the reveals, and he pretty much did just that. Even if he blew us out with a 7 character direct, that doesn't contradict what he's been saying. You have to realize that Sakurai chooses his words carefully, but he does it in a way that leaves room for interpretation. Do I think 7 characters is a ridiculous amount to be revealed in a month? Yes. Do I think it's impossible and unheard of for Sakurai to do something like that? No.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Ahhhhh. Logical Fallacy alert!

"Common sense" doesn't really exist. It's just what you perceive as common sense. I understand what you are saying, but just because it doesn't make sense to you or it wouldn't be what you would do doesn't mean that it won't happen.

zferolie

Smash Hero
OK, so it seems that company has printed game stuff, got shown on the Banjo thread that they made Assassin creedy unity promotional stuff. We still have no idea if they worked with nintendo or Bamco.

But just think about it. If this leak is true, He is fired and sued, but not only that, The company itself is sued, and they probably lose any chance of ever getting hired again, thus going out of business.

Would an employee be such an asshole to ruin a company and leave all its workers out of a job and just laugh saying **** nintendo in their snapchat?

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
It could be Springman and Rex. Or if the thing about Dixie, Ray and Monster Hunter being cut, maybe them. Dee and Skull Kid also seem like safe bets.
Is it even possible for RAY to make it in though? Custom Robo did not have its trademark renewed.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Ahhhhh. Logical Fallacy alert!

"Common sense" doesn't really exist. It's just what you perceive as common sense. I understand what you are saying, but just because it doesn't make sense to you or it wouldn't be what you would do doesn't mean that it won't happen.
Okay, can you forget for a second that Isaac is a part of this leak, and tell me, seriously, does this make any sense to you whatsoever?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
They need to all be announced next week for the blog to have time to post all the trailer remixes.
About this, didn't they post two tracks after the 8.8 direct? I don't remember exactly but I thought they posted one for castlevania and donkey kong right after the direct

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Okay, can you forget for a second that Isaac is a part of this leak, and tell me, seriously, does this make any sense to you whatsoever?
I understand that Isaac is in the leak. That part is irrelevant. What is is that there is clear evidence for this leak that aligns it with other information that we know. In that context, the leak makes sense.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree with this... If Sakurai said "we don't have much more to show..." but then shows 7 characters he will make A LOT of people happy and it would be a unexpected end.

If they say "we have a lot of characters" , people will start thinking that even 15 characters are left.... if they end showing only 7 they'll make a lot of people angry. It's all about marketing.

If you're seriously thinking people (at least) here is acting only driven by the desire of Isaac in smash.... you maybe don't know where you are, because this is not GameFaqs or 4chan.

For example, I would love Isaac being in Smash, and Skull Kid and Banjo so this leak is a totally 100% great one for me, but I'm not sure if it's real due:
1- No official confirmation
2- No real proofs
3- Some details that make it looks fake
4- The HUGE legal consequences for the leaker and the company.

But it's true that if it's a fake one, it's the most elaborated one ever. So that's what is strange, too elaborated (and I'm not talking just the blurry image).

Assuming "you can only the leak is false if you think objectively and not driven by bias" is something that belongs to 4chan or GameFaqs, not here.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
OK, so it seems that company has printed game stuff, got shown on the Banjo thread that they made Assassin creedy unity promotional stuff. We still have no idea if they worked with nintendo or Bamco.

But just think about it. If this leak is true, He is fired and sued, but not only that, The company itself is sued, and they probably lose any chance of ever getting hired again, thus going out of business.

Would an employee be such an ******* to ruin a company and leave all its workers out of a job and just laugh saying **** nintendo in their snapchat?
people are reckless.

the guy who did the esrb had kids and a wife if i recall and he lost his job and was sued. (damn, ouch, risking your job to leak smash 4's roster)

though im approaching this leak cautiously lol

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice

Would an employee be such an ******* to ruin a company and leave all its workers out of a job and just laugh saying **** nintendo in their snapchat?
Yes. Nintendo was reportedly working on a shooting game with High Voltage Software until one of the devs leaked the project to the press. Nobody owned up to it. Nobody was fired for the leak. Nintendo then cancelled the project, cut ties with the studio and made Splatoon. The dev who leaked the project was supposedly a disgruntled employee.

zferolie

Smash Hero
people are reckless.

the guy who did the esrb had kids and a wife if i recall and he lost his job and was sued. (damn, ouch, risking your job to leak smash 4's roster)

though im approaching this leak cautiously lol
Well the ESRB cannot go out of business for that leak, but this company can. I wonder if the guy is still with his family, and did he ever come out and say why he did it?

Yes. Nintendo was reportedly working on a shooting game with High Voltage Software until one of the devs leaked the project to the press. Nobody owned up to it. Nobody was fired for the leak. Nintendo then cancelled the project, cut ties with the studio and made Splatoon. The dev who leaked the project was supposedly a disgruntled employee.
Surprised no one was fired for it. However, wasn't nintendo fast at pulling those images down and swift action was taken? as far as we know, Nintendo hasn't made any moves yet.

Kinda wish some press agentcy could contact this company and find out for sure.

Also, I saw papagenos papagenos video last night, as if this leak is fake why would someone try to pretend itsw real, and someone he trusts? but also there are other people saying characters are missing their sources say but won't say who.

This is crazy all this...

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Now that you mention it. That's kinda odd too.
Normally Nintendo acts fast and takes those picture Leaks down. But that is also a false move. If they are to remove that banner leak picture, it would only confirm that there is something about it that nintendo doesn't want to show to the public yet.

So either way they can't rly do anything about it at this point

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Surprised no one was fired for it. However, wasn't nintendo fast at pulling those images down and swift action was taken? as far as we know, Nintendo hasn't made any moves yet.
Well that's kind of why Nintendo cut ties with them - the developer refused to make someone a scapegoat as nobody came forward as the leaker. The game was only in the conceptual stages so not much had been invested in it. The developer hasn't really done much since then so it's safe to say their reputation suffered.

As for this leak... I guess the image spread around too quickly? Some things are impossible to stop once they're out there. All they can really rely on is 'insiders' making claims that it's fake because of X, Y or Z reason!

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

Nothing is more dangerous than a man left with nothing to loose. If we assume this is fake, then the story becomes far more interestingly. As this was a leak done in genuine contempt and malice then. We know the guy has worked in this industry for a while. I would like to imagine that this guy knew that his days at his newer job were numbered, and to go out in a blaze of glory he leaked this stuff. If he has nothing to loose, it won’t matter to him. Also, Liam Robertson clarified on Twitter. He wouldn’t be sued, bu he’d be black balled from this industry forever. The company however? They’re probably screwed if this Is real because Namco and ny other developer worth their salt would never work with them again.

Top Bottom