• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
The life of an Isaac fan is one of trials, tribulations and a severe case of constant whiplash. That being said, I don't particularly care if people are losing hope or if the situation ends up stacked against us, I'm going down with the ship, damnit. Anyone who wants to lose hope and give up, grab a life vest, and get on an evacuation boat.

But like that musical band on the Titanic, I'm gonna stick this through to the end, whether it be bitter of fruitful, regardless of the news that comes out up until Ultimate's release.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
N3ON was right, you guys are way too capricious.

You go from Isaac being 100% in to Isaac being 100% out at the drop of a hat. Stick to your guns and stop panicking every time a new scrap of information is hinted at. 90% of what you are terrified about has no basis in fact.

Point of reference: Somebody show me where anything either in Smash or given by somebody related to the project has even hinted at Incineroar. And yet, everybody acts like they are a lock. Why?
veggiebun

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
The trademark got mega updated.
We will get something GS related

Heck I rather GS remastered or GS4 then Isaac in Smash.

I just want my fav series to come back

Look, guys, I can only say this
“Just be confident. I think confidence is the most attractive part of a person.” – 50 Cent

Listen to 50

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
The life of an Isaac fan is one of trials, tribulations and a severe case of constant whiplash. That being said, I don't particularly care if people are losing hope or if the situation ends up stacked against us, I'm going down with the ship, damnit. Anyone who wants to lose hope and give up, grab a life vest, and get on an evacuation boat.

But like that musical band on the Titanic, I'm gonna stick this through to the end, whether it be bitter of fruitful, regardless of the news that comes out up until Ultimate's release.
You can't rock a boat that has wings! :p
Yeah but seriously, Isaac is probably at the best position he has ever been for a potential fighter. Lets keep our hope up at least until the full roster is announced.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The trademark got mega updated.
We will get something GS related

Heck I rather GS remastered or GS4 then Isaac in Smash.

I just want my fav series to come back

Look, guys, I can only say this
“Just be confident. I think confidence is the most attractive part of a person.” – 50 Cent

Listen to 50
Seeing as some characters in Smash are both playable and still have their series active. Might as well get both, people will continue to ask for Isaac regardless, especially if he gets a new game and still isn't in Smash.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
“its not about the dog in the fight, its about the fight in the dog!”
― 50 cent

It's not about Isaac getting/fighting for a spot, it's for his fanbase to still be vocal. GS 3 happened because we wanted it to. We want GS4 or remasters then we can't give up when you see Steve Minecraft in a "leak"

Why did Roy get back it? People wanted him back in, and look he was DLC!

Base or not, don't let the sun set.

If you don't think he is in the game, fine, but don't act all gloom and doom. It spreads.

We are the only ones holding GS above the graveyard like we are using lift.

If we give up, GS is done for good.

Use the trademark as something positive

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
You can't rock a boat that has wings! :p
Yeah but seriously, Isaac is probably at the best position he has ever been for a potential fighter. Lets keep our hope up at least until the full roster is announced.
Past that, even. I mean you know this game is gonna have hella DLC. Not only is Ultimate coming out only one year in on the Nintendo Switch, it looks like they want this to be the last Smash game for a while. And unlike the Wii U, the Switch seems very far from dying, so I don’t see any reason as to why this game wouldn’t constantly be receiving support through DLC.

So even if he’s not on the final roster, there’s very little reason to lose hope. With DLC open, our journey has barely begun. Calling it quits this early is obnoxious quite honestly.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I think looking at the way the roster is shaping up and all the leaks/rumors with 3 to 5 clear characters continually circled and that just logistically are the front runners for the base roster (1 flat out leaked)... it's hard to envision many more if any base roster characters will be included. 3-5 characters more puts us at 77-79 characters, a likely number. Not saying we can't have more, however.

Really don't think the tides are favorable for Isaac with that. If it's favorable with any new moveset Nintendo-owned character, it may be Skull Kid.

DLC is another matter. DLC is always where Isaac looked to have a strong chance and showing.

However even there there's a lot of Nintendo-owned characters in the mix. Skull Kid again, but also Spring Man, Rex and The Chorus Kids as the front runners along with Isaac. Past that is a few other characters followed by a barren wasteland.
I don't understand why couldn't he be one of the potentially 3-5 characters remaining, tbh. Aside from Ken (assuming the leak is real) Noone else is a lock as of now, we have nothing but words regarding other characters. So what if Vergeben hasn't mentioned Isaac? He didn't get K. Rool or either of the echoes that made it in on that direct so even if he has (again assuming) legit sources, he has proven he doesn't know everything. Isaac and Skull Kid have the same going on for them and even THEN Isaac has a better chance because:
Missing AT (going for both)
Hinted (going for both)

But Isaac has the popular vote and ballot results to back him up in which he most likely beat Skull Kid since all of us believed the ballot was for Smash 4 and Skull Kid was already deconfirmed as AT while Isaac's was still missing.

I could see Skull Kid making it in (he is my second most wanted) but Isaac has the people behind and has had it for a long time, it is just unthinkable to me that Sakurai /Nintendo haven't noticed that as of now, specially after the response to the Rathalos tweet

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I had an interesting dream last night that I was watching the new Smash Direct, and Sakurai was talking about this golden scarf that was just sitting on the windowsill of a wooden house, and suddenly Isaac jumped through the window into the house to show himself as the new fighter. I was so excited and relieved for you guys to see him in Smash Ultimate, the hype for it was just crazy. I don't even know Golden Sun that well but it makes me hope he makes it in all the more just out of the excitement I felt in those moments. I really hope he gets in this time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, then.
I suppose I'll have to have this on standby for if Isaac isn't playable. :laugh:

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
We adepts been beaten down a lot- but let's not forget that our chances remain high! Between the oft-vaunted Rathalos tweet, the trademark renewal, and Isaac's strong polling and fan support, we have some of the best chances of making the base roster of anyone remaining- Vergeben or no.

Fear not my friends. The Golden Sun shall rise again!

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
On the plus side no one has said "No Isaac" yet, but you're kinda ignorant if you think that leakers who call stuff way before things are revealed (and not just stuff for Smash) who are right about everything we've seen are going to be wrong in the end for some reason, that's called denial, trust me, Waluigi supporter.

That said the best thing for me would be to see an official reveal of Isaac or even someone else that is not on the credible leakers list as I'm not really interested in anything that's likely from those sources.

I've never wanted to be wrong so bad lol
I’ve talked about it before but the Gametsu leak was pretty accurate too and then Rosalina happened but then it got back on track after that. However at the end of the day it’s info was incorrect. That possibility is still likely with Vergeben. Especially considering he knew nothing about King K Rool. Plus I believe the Blog theory has merit so we definitely have a few surprise characters coming.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.
10. Shovel Knight
9. Golden Sun
8. Cuphead
7. Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
6. Undertale
5. Ultra Street Fighter 4
4. Dead Space 2
3. Dark Souls
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
1. Psychonauts

I could probably spend a few hours rearranging this list, but I'll just say this is the final for the sake of my time.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
N3ON was right, you guys are way too capricious.

You go from Isaac being 100% in to Isaac being 100% out at the drop of a hat. Stick to your guns and stop panicking every time a new scrap of information is hinted at. 90% of what you are terrified about has no basis in fact.

Point of reference: Somebody show me where anything either in Smash or given by somebody related to the project has even hinted at Incineroar. And yet, everybody acts like they are a lock. Why?
Not this time for me, I am done wavering. I am sticking to me gut all the way fam! Isaac is in and seeing the strong confidence for Isaac from people like yourself has inspired me to step up to the plate and not waver. Same should go for others as well, find out what you truly feel and stick with it till the end. I have a good sense of intuition so I am gonna follow along with it and go with the flow. like N3ON has been saying.

Last edited:

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
Leaks in general are sketchy things. It's impossible to know what people know, what they think, what they think they know, and what they want *you* to think they know, so it's better to assume they know nothing.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
On the plus side no one has said "No Isaac" yet, but you're kinda ignorant if you think that leakers who call stuff way before things are revealed (and not just stuff for Smash) who are right about everything we've seen are going to be wrong in the end for some reason, that's called denial, trust me, Waluigi supporter.
I wouldn't call being hopeful ignorant.

What would I do if I got hold of some information that I wanted to leak? I'd mix in some fake stuff so that I could pull people's legs since they'd believe whatever I said after some of it was proved right! If I have the ego seeking tendencies that leakers have, I think it'd be even funnier to be the leaker that fooled everyone and caused drama until the game came out!

I have no doubt that Verge knows some stuff 100%. However, we have no confirmation as to where that information ends and potential tricks could begin. Remember, leakers are shown to value dishonesty, as someone's trust has to be breached for the information to be leaked.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know what REALLY bugs me about the Rathalos Tweet? Sakurai didn't actually post the picture that's on the Smash Bros website, he flat out screenshot it with the AT list showing. Like, why?!?

One could argue that he did it so we know where to look for the pic, but that seems so unnecessary when he could have said where the pic was. Either A) he's crazy or B) there's more to this pic than meets the eye.

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
Oh, Sakurai is erratic- but far from crazy. Even if he was crazy, there would be method in his madness. There's something in the Rathalos tweet, doubt it not.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what REALLY bugs me about the Rathalos Tweet? Sakurai didn't actually post the picture that's on the Smash Bros website, he flat out screenshot it with the AT list showing. Like, why?!?
Because Rathalos is an Assist Trophy.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
If you’re looking at quality of script and subject matter, play Persona 3. Though it has some pacing issues and the dungeon design is lackluster (as usually happens with procedurally generated dungeons), it’s story and theming are the strongest I’ve ever seen in a game.
The fact is, I never played to any Persona, because I was introduce to the series too lately, and I HATE so much starting serie when missing the first installements. I don't have a PS2 and I don't really like its emulators. And my laptop gets kinda old...

Does the Personna Games have independent stories like FF and FE ?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The fact is, I never played to any Persona, because I was introduce to the series too lately, and I HATE so much starting serie when missing the first installements. I don't have a PS2 and I don't really like its emulators. And my laptop gets kinda old...

First game, Persona 3, Persona 4 and Persona 5 have different stories that nothing to do with each other except a few cameos. Persona 2 is the same but it consists of two games that you have to play with an order.

Than there is spin-off games, which might require some knowledge of later games.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

This, and even beyond. I'll play that cello at the bottom of the ocean if that's what it takes to get Isaac playable. There's a vacuum where Ridley once was and we're the perfect fanbase to fill it.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This, and even beyond. I'll play that cello at the bottom of the ocean if that's what it takes to get Isaac playable. There's a vacuum where Ridley once was and we're the perfect fanbase to fill it.
That sounds awesome- why wouldn't you want to pkqy cello at the bottom of the ocean if you had the chance?

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
Eh, depends on where at the bottom of the ocean you play! If you mean, the lowest altitude possible- i.e. the Marianis Trench- then you'd better have a submarine. But if you just mean playing on the ocean floor, then you could totally play at the bottom of the ocean! It just wouldn't make any audible noise.

Also you'd probably ruin your cello, but that's an entirely different issue.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I honestly feel like Isaac is heading into meme status if he doesn't get in. The Rathalos tweet and the trademark renewal has given Isaac so much social media attention, I've even seen an article covering Sakurai's interview about the pacing mention how, 'Fan favorites Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven are still yet to be seen!' and it's like wow we getting call outs now, welp going to be awkward if Isaac doesn't make it lol.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I honestly feel like Isaac is heading into meme status if he doesn't get in. The Rathalos tweet and the trademark renewal has given Isaac so much social media attention, I've even seen an article covering Sakurai's interview about the pacing mention how, 'Fan favorites Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven are still yet to be seen!' and it's like wow we getting call outs now, welp going to be awkward if Isaac doesn't make it lol.
But I don't want "hahaha Isaac had all this support but can't make it cause he's obcurse and no one likes him hahaha!" to be the next "too big" :<

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
But I don't want "hahaha Isaac had all this support but can't make it cause he's obcurse and no one likes him hahaha!" to be the next "too big" :<
While memes like "too big" were dumb and not something I was a fan of, I would like to say that it made his (:ultridley:) reveal all the more shocking and amazing. The tears of detractors are delicious.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I for my part am still very confident about Isaac's inclusion. That Rathalos picture by Sakurai himself is also more than a hint than every potential other newcomer has. Then there is the trademark thingy, the Ballot, the japanese VA of Isaac etc. I don't think all of this can be pure coincidence at this point.

So what I want to say once again is: Don't panic, don't lose your confidence with so much going for Isaac currently and be a little more positive about this.
Even if it's not the base roster (from which I personally think he will be in the base roster!) he will be DLC 100% .

So keep the support up until our boy finally hits smash! :D

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm pretty confident he won't become the next big meme until Waluigi is revealed to be a character- his fans are many, vocal, and honestly have a relatively good claim to make (plus Waluigi is meme gold).

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand, why do people believe the Steve leak?
Steve would be the first character in smash whit 0 personnality, he is just a skin, not even a character.
Why would Sakurai pick him instead of a CHARACTER?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't understand, why do people believe the Steve leak?
Steve would be the first character in smash whit 0 personnality, he is just a skin, not even a character.
Why would Sakurai pick him instead of a CHARACTER?
He picked Mr. Game & Watch.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Yes, but the games all take place in the same world, and will throw in cameos and references to past titles. There’s an entire section of Persona 4 that is a fantastic homage to Persona 3. But if you haven’t played 3, it’ll just seem like a normal part of 4. It won’t be a bad part of the game at all (some great stuff happens in that section). You just won’t get as much out of it.

Persona 3 was where I feel the series got its own identity, and it started the format that is now familiar as the Persona style of game. Persona 1 was very clearly a Shin Megami Tensei spin-off, and it did not age well. Persona 2 is apparently really good, and does have some good backstory for the series, but is really hard to find due to odd translations.

So 3, 4, and 5 are kind of considered their own series now. But you can play any of them without playing the others.

5 is fantastic. 4 is good, I just don’t think ATLUS was used to handling the lighter tone it aims for, so it’s not as strong as 5 or 3 (it is still a great game. Like Dark Dawn, it’s not as good, but that’s a high bar to match).

And 3 is just... 3 is amazing. Everyone should play it at some point.

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I for my part am still very confident about Isaac's inclusion. That Rathalos picture by Sakurai himself is also more than a hint than every potential other newcomer has. Then there is the trademark thingy, the Ballot, the japanese VA of Isaac etc. I don't think all of this can be pure coincidence at this point.

So what I want to say once again is: Don't panic, don't lose your confidence with so much going for Isaac currently and be a little more positive about this.
Even if it's not the base roster (from which I personally think he will be in the base roster!) he will be DLC 100% .

So keep the support up until our boy finally hits smash! :D
Wait, did I miss something? His Japanese VA?

Top Bottom