• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
Yeah, let's not go the way of Fire Emblem...

I mean, I'm all for Smash reviving the franchise like it did for FE, but let's not lose our dignity in the process.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

I mean, I'm all for Smash reviving the franchise like it did for FE, but let's not lose our dignity in the process.
That's the thing though, the difference is that instead of Smash being the only one to revive the series, it is truly us as the fans doing all the work to revive the series! That is why we are here supporting for our boi! In the beginning, a small hand full of us helped start the push for Isaac hype to get the ball rolling while many others banded together to get this far. We aren't just using smash to revive the series, but we are also using the series itself to revive it and as the wholesome fandom that we are and that I know we can be. I really think it is safe to say that it is working! We are using smash speculation to show our love for the series, but not in an obnoxious way in most causes. The game hasn't even came out yet and hasn't even revealed Isaac yet and we still have yet to peak the height of support. We have already shown that there are so many Golden Sun fans out there hiding in the shadows and I garantee that it will not stop there. Let's not stop now!! I believe! You all should too! We are the voice of Golden Sun, we have the power to revive it and get our boi into Smash!!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Smash does wonders for reviving series but it is because of the fans. If people weren't interested on knowing who Marth and Roy were and why we didn't know them outside of Japan, FE would have been kept as Japan Exclusive, same with other series, it is the curiosity and love that Smash sparks what helps the series and characters up for new life

P. S: don't forget to vote for Isaac https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...834vote_using_poll_randomized_smash_ultimate/ let's make it to grand finals!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Alright I haven't posted here in a while, but I gotta say

1. I am unsure if there is Bowserette of Isaac, but I am sure if he's confirmed there will be (and I won't care to see it lmao)

2. I'm beginning to think Isaac won't be a base game character but rather a "Season 1 DLC" character. Which if that happens, that's great. As long as he's playable, that's great, no matter how long the DLC happens. Because once we got Isaac... WE GOT ISAAC... FOREVER! And no one and nothing can take that from us!

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

1. I am unsure if there is Bowserette of Isaac, but I am sure if he's confirmed there will be (and I won't care to see it lmao)

2. I'm beginning to think Isaac won't be a base game character but rather a "Season 1 DLC" character. Which if that happens, that's great. As long as he's playable, that's great, no matter how long the DLC happens. Because once we got Isaac... WE GOT ISAAC... FOREVER!
I'm betting base.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

2. I'm beginning to think Isaac won't be a base game character but rather a "Season 1 DLC" character. Which if that happens, that's great. As long as he's playable, that's great, no matter how long the DLC happens. Because once we got Isaac... WE GOT ISAAC... FOREVER! And no one and nothing can take that from us!
Even though I agree with the positive attitude and that getting Isaac is the only important result there is still some way ahead we should focus in first. Which is the base game roster. If the road finishes without Isaac on board then we can start looking ahead to DLC

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
TRENDS AND MOVES BY StoicSeraph StoicSeraph -(Isaac wants none of that Peachette business)
StoicSeraph StoicSeraph ! I hope you still lurk here. I fear that you might have left after the whole Isabelle reveal fiasco. Just want to say thank you for giving us these amazing works of art of our Golden Boy. They really make our day shine brighter!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm betting on base too. No reason to bet on DLC at the moment, we still don't know the full base roster.
I have a feeling they may have prioritized a handful of characters and the returning roster, and then left some of the other big requests as potential choices for down the road. Sakurai has admitted to the massive project this game has been, and that bringing back everyone + new fighters has been time consuming, so I'd say they couldn't incorporate them all into the base game. Then when the DLC season comes around, they might go back to the pool of requested newcomers that didn't make it and then look at how this game's hype cycle has been and decide from there.

While I agree that it's too early to talk about DLC when we don't know the full base roster, I think it at least helps to acknowledge that DLC could be a big thing for requested characters (Though admittedly, we still don't know if we'll even get DLC). There's a solid handful of big requests still not currently in the game, so while I know they can't fulfill them all, I'd imagine we'd see a couple more of the top through base and DLC when it is all said and done. Plus, the air of negativity is going around for unique newcomers, so I think it makes sense that some fans might shift to DLC hopes when things are looking grim. This fan base certainly knows how to shift as time goes on and persevere, and part of that might be looking to the next thing with situation starts to look unfavorable.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Even though I agree with the positive attitude and that getting Isaac is the only important result there is still some way ahead we should focus in first. Which is the base game roster. If the road finishes without Isaac on board then we can start looking ahead to DLC
I think looking at the way the roster is shaping up and all the leaks/rumors with 3 to 5 clear characters continually circled and that just logistically are the front runners for the base roster (1 flat out leaked)... it's hard to envision many more if any base roster characters will be included. 3-5 characters more puts us at 77-79 characters, a likely number. Not saying we can't have more, however.

Really don't think the tides are favorable for Isaac with that. If it's favorable with any new moveset Nintendo-owned character, it may be Skull Kid.

DLC is another matter. DLC is always where Isaac looked to have a strong chance and showing.

However even there there's a lot of Nintendo-owned characters in the mix. Skull Kid again, but also Spring Man, Rex and The Chorus Kids as the front runners along with Isaac. Past that is a few other characters followed by a barren wasteland.

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I think looking at the way the roster is shaping up and all the leaks/rumors with 3 to 5 clear characters continually circled and that just logistically are the front runners for the base roster (1 flat out leaked)... it's hard to envision many more if any base roster characters will be included. 3-5 characters more puts us at 77-79 characters, a likely number. Not saying we can't have more, however.

Really don't think the tides are favorable for Isaac with that. If it's favorable with any new moveset Nintendo-owned character, it may be Skull Kid.

DLC is another matter. DLC is always where Isaac looked to have a strong chance and showing.

However even there there's a lot of Nintendo-owned characters in the mix. Skull Kid again, but also Spring Man, Rex and The Chorus Kids as the front runners along with Isaac. Past that is a few other characters followed by a barren wasteland.
Logistically? Who?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think looking at the way the roster is shaping up and all the leaks/rumors with 3 to 5 clear characters continually circled and that just logistically are the front runners for the base roster (1 flat out leaked)... it's hard tn envision many more if any base roster characters will be included.

I dunno. Even among Legend of Zelda characters, polling put Skull Kid beneath both Impa and Midna. Would he really be more likely than Isaac?

Why has there never been a hand psynergy that is basically an elevator yet?
Lift.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Okay, so time to address something I've been pushing off for a while. Top 10 games. Most of these are RPGs.

10. Mass Effect Trilogy - Nah, not going to choose between them. The first one was a brilliant RPG. Second one wasn't as good in RPG elements, but had great characters and much refined gameplay. And the third one was overall a better version of the second, but then it ruined everything with a terrible ending.

9. Master of Orion 2 - The best 4X game of all time, in my opinion. If you enjoy games like Civilization, but want to take over a galaxy, instead of a planet, this is the game for you. Some of the most fun tech and race options I've ever seen. Fantastic leader system and other mechanics. I really wish we could get a good sequel to this game. Because Master of Orion 3 was one of the worst sequels of all time and basically killed the series.

8. Fire Emblem: Awakening - This game actually surpassed Blazing Blade for me, just because of how many good quality of life features it had. It's not perfect, not by a long shot. It's map design is sub par and its characters don't live up to the cast of Blazing Blade in my opinion. But I'd rather go back and play Awakening again because it just plays so well. As soon as we get an Echoes of Elibe remake that uses the modern engine and conveniences to remake Blazing Blade, though? This game is off the list.

7. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - This game is great. I can, and have, written essays for fun just because of how good this game is. There's a ton of content, fantastic characters, a great plot, actually well developed morality conflicts, a brilliant job system, a lovely soundtrack, and great tactical gameplay. Great game, and Ivalice is a brilliant world.

6. Shining Force 2 - While the original's darker tone appeals to some, the sprite work and mechanical improvements from the sequel mean that I wind up going back to SF2 far more often than I do the original. If you consider Golden Sun a fusion of Final Fantasy style combat and exploration with Legend of Zelda puzzles, Shining Force is a combination of Fire Emblem style combat with Final Fantasy style exploration and dialogue. And Shining Force vastly outstrips Fire Emblem in quality because of it, in my opinion (and I am a huge Fire Emblem fan, I'm not knocking FE here). I just wish Camelot and Intelligent Systems could team up to make a new game in the series.

5. Bravely Default - This game is brilliant. How the heck Square managed to make an RPG this brilliant while their corporate suits seem to hate traditional JRPGs and turn based combat as much as they do is beyond me. It has an amazing soundtrack, brilliant mechanics, great characters, a good story, and the single greatest moment of gameplay and story integration I've ever seen in a game. Unfortunately, I basically can't discuss this game at all, because literally everything is a spoiler. The NAME of the game itself is TWO DIFFERENT SPOILERS.

4. Persona 3 - This game has some pacing issues, the dungeon design is a little lackluster, and Strega (while great characters) could maybe fit better. Literally everything else about it is brilliant. It's a fantastic work of literature, exploring a psychological concept in one of the best and most thorough ways I've ever seen. It manages to tie every aspect of the game in to its central theme. Music, characters, plot, sidequests. Everything reflects a different aspect of the core concept, and it just works amazingly. I wish we had a Golden version of this game. If they remade it with the sort of job they did on Persona 5, this game could challenge my number one. Memento Mori.

3. Rune Factory 3 - When developing Rune Factory for the anniversary of Harvest Moon, series producer Yashimoto Hirofumi said: “I want to create a small but rich microcosm in the DS, where every single person’s lives shine like jewels in a treasure box.” Rune Factory 3 is the game where I feel this goal was achieved. Every day, every character has new lines, and their own schedules. When they meet their friends, their dialogue changes to have interactions. A huge variety of quests and content. This is a game that anyone who likes Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley NEEDS to play. And demand MARVELOUS make more.

2. Golden Sun + Golden Sun: The Lost Age - I consider these two as one game. I had a link cable and two GBAs when I played it, and I got them both together (about the time The Lost Age came out). So it was one big experience for me. I played this game so much, it actually dragged down my academics (though I did learn a lot from the experience). Weyard is an amazing world, and one that I can't wait to go back to.

1. Chrono Trigger - Simply the best game ever created. Hands down, bar none. Fantastic mechanics, great story, amazing characters, gorgeous art, brilliant soundtrack... This game is just wonderful.

He was probably talking a bout a psynergy that lifts the character him/herself, not an object
I've thought about using Lift as a recovery move, before. Just have Isaac stand on a boulder as it's Lifted up.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Golden Sun + Golden Sun: The Lost Age - I consider these two as one game.
To be honest? So you should. XD

Calling The Lost Age "Golden Sun 2" is like calling Sonic & Knuckles "Sonic 4".

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. Altais
  17. Amberloo
  18. Amtoj
  19. AncientArk
  20. andimidna
  21. Androobie
  22. Aeon Lupin
  23. Apollyon
  24. Aqua Rock X
  25. AquaDork1
  26. AquaSol
  27. Arcadenik
  28. Arsenal234,
  29. Arteen
  30. Asian_Charizard
  31. Astraltar
  32. Aureola
  33. Aurora Jenny
  34. AustarusIV
  35. AwesomeCauliflower68
  36. Awesomedude444
  37. Backgammon
  38. Baddies are back
  39. Balgorxz
  40. BandannaWaddleDee
  41. Bane84
  42. Banjodorf
  43. bassem6
  44. Bassoonist
  45. Billybae10K
  46. BillyBat
  47. Bingoshi
  48. Bkupa666
  49. Blackwolf666
  50. Blaziken
  51. Blue7113
  52. BluePikmin11
  53. BoltDragon
  54. BoN~
  55. Bowser-Daimao
  56. BravadoMan_13
  57. BridgesWithTurtles
  58. Brother AJ
  59. Browny
  60. Buddy002
  61. Bunny8093
  62. BUnit
  63. Burruni
  64. Calamitas
  65. Calane
  66. CactusBlah
  67. candyissweet
  68. Capita
  69. Cap'nChreest
  70. Captain Toad
  71. CardStealer1
  72. Cazzone,
  73. Chapter Serf
  74. CheckmateChuck
  75. CheeseBroJoe
  76. Cheezey Bites
  77. Chromfirmed
  78. Chrono.
  79. ChronoPenguin
  80. clearandsweet
  81. ClinkStryphart
  82. CliffJumper
  83. Clumsyzephyr
  84. cocy965
  85. Cos.
  86. Coaltergeist
  87. Confirmation
  88. Crap-Zapper
  89. CrossDispatcher
  90. cybersai
  91. Dalek_Kolt
  92. Darkdarkness
  93. Darkfur
  94. DatoSm
  95. Delta64
  96. Demonfunds
  97. Dendros
  98. Desert Croc
  99. Destroyer713
  100. Dezeray112
  101. Dhragen
  102. Dib The Crazy Kid
  103. Diddy Kong
  104. Dihan
  105. Dimensionsword64
  106. Dionaea_floridensis
  107. direktor
  108. DivinexRose
  109. DJ3DS
  110. DJBor
  111. D-Man9293
  112. DMurr
  113. DogManStar
  114. DoodleDuck97
  115. Doncalot
  116. DraginHikari
  117. Drakonis
  118. DrJayfox
  119. Dromader
  120. DukeNapoleon
  121. DustyPumpkin
  122. Dyllybirdy
  123. e105beta
  124. Eagle
  125. EclairSpark
  126. EclipseSmash
  127. EddyBearr
  128. ED Cantu
  129. Edlocke
  130. egaddmario
  131. ElPanandero
  132. El Syd
  133. EndlessChrom
  134. EndlessRain
  135. EnhaloTricks
  136. EricTheGamerman
  137. Essora
  138. ETFruitNinja
  139. ethanrodgers223
  140. Ezequileste
  141. Falgor
  142. Falkoopa
  143. False Sense
  144. FamiconDisk
  145. Felix_the_Slayer
  146. fenyx4
  147. ferioku
  148. Fire Rider
  149. Fire Tactician
  150. Fire_Voyager
  151. FirstBlade
  152. Flamel
  153. Flamingbird
  154. Flareon
  155. Flarzo
  156. Flik
  157. FlintIke
  158. Flynn.Scifo
  159. fogbadge.
  160. foolssigma
  161. FooltheFlames
  162. FrankAL
  163. FreddyOnDrugs
  164. Friesnchip
  165. Frosty Pops
  166. GalacticPetey
  167. Gameguy1996
  168. Gazorpazorpfield
  169. Geassguy
  170. gebi
  171. Geno Boost
  172. ghastmine
  173. Ghirahilda
  174. Gioka
  175. GladiusVortex
  176. GM_3826
  177. GoldenBoy01
  178. Golden Icarus
  179. GoldenSunIsAlive
  180. GoodGrief741
  181. Gotann
  182. GraveEclipse567
  183. gspindles
  184. Gurein
  185. Hakerson
  186. heylodom
  187. Holdenon
  188. hustler713
  189. Huanchi
  190. hwrdjacob
  191. iam8bit
  192. Icana
  193. iDazedX_x
  194. Inawordyes
  195. IntelliHeath1
  196. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  197. isaac3000
  198. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  199. Isaac for Smash Pls
  200. IsaacOrRiot
  201. Isaac: Venus Adept
  202. Istry555
  203. ItsRainingGravy
  204. ItsYio
  205. IvanQuote
  206. JaidynReiman
  207. Jak_spoon
  208. JamesDNaux
  209. James Tutumbero
  210. Jamurai
  211. Jandlebars
  212. JarBear
  213. Jclubsandwich
  214. JDogindy
  215. JesseMcCloud
  216. Johnknight1
  217. JohnnySparkxs
  218. Jupiter Ivan
  219. Jurae818
  220. Just a random scrub
  221. jweb22
  222. Kalaam
  223. Kalomaze
  224. KCCHIEFS27
  225. KeniththeGatherer
  226. KeybladeSmasher
  227. KHJason95
  228. Kikaru
  229. Kind Dedede
  230. KingCloud
  231. KingShadow
  232. KingTorra
  233. KiraYoshikage
  234. KirbyDragon
  235. Kirbyfan391
  236. Kisae
  237. Klimax
  238. KMDP
  239. Knight-Adept
  240. KoalaNut
  241. Kokirikory
  242. KoopaSaki
  243. Koori
  244. Kremling Man
  245. Kumatora
  246. KurouKamen
  247. Kycse
  248. Lady Palutena
  249. Lampy
  250. LaniusShrike
  251. lanky_gunner
  252. LasermasterA
  253. Leafeon523
  254. Ledfarmer
  255. LeeYawshee
  256. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  257. LegendOfDragoon
  258. legendofrob1
  259. LemmyKoopa
  260. lexpic17
  261. lightdasher
  262. LightheartedBum
  263. Lightosia
  264. Linq
  265. Lisbon Mapping
  266. littl-myth
  267. Liverpool19
  268. LoboRundas
  269. Lone (Thirteenth)
  270. Lonodel
  271. Lord-Zero
  272. Lucanic
  273. Lucimar
  274. Ludjinnado
  275. Luigifan18
  276. lunarum
  277. Lukingordex
  278. Lurxy
  279. Lynn Eslie
  280. M23-X0
  281. MacSmitty
  282. MagiusNecros
  283. MAGMIS
  284. MainJPW
  285. Malcolm Belmont
  286. MaskO'Gears
  287. Master Rapier
  288. MasterMushroom
  289. MatthewVenusAdept
  290. Mav485
  291. McLapras
  292. MeatOfJustice
  293. Mega Bidoof
  294. Mehdow
  295. Mendelsin
  296. MetalMario128
  297. Metocles
  298. Midnight Torch
  299. Miifighters4Smash5
  300. Minato Arisato
  301. Mike Cometa
  302. Mikegamer0608
  303. Mishudo
  304. Monkokaio
  305. MonopolyRubix
  306. MorbidAltruism
  307. Moydow
  308. MrGame&Rock
  309. MrMacBeth
  310. MrToxicVoltage
  311. Muirkat
  312. Mythzotick
  313. mynameisv
  314. MysticKnives
  315. N1N
  316. N3ON
  317. Nauzgo
  318. Necro Toad
  319. Neo Zero
  320. NessAtc.
  321. Niala
  322. Nimbostratus
  323. Ninjakid41592
  324. Nintandy
  325. Nintendokusou
  326. NitrusVirus
  327. NonSpecificGuy
  328. NoOtherPersona
  329. NoR4U
  330. Nossnitro102
  331. Octillus
  332. Oddyesy
  333. oh.glory
  334. OhMyBanana54
  335. Olo
  336. Onassi2
  337. Oniric Spriter
  338. OpticalBlast
  339. OptimisticStrifer
  340. Oracle_Summon
  341. Organization XIII
  342. osby
  343. otarolgam
  344. Oz37
  345. Pacack
  346. Papagenos
  347. ParanoidDrone
  348. Pcubed007
  349. Pennate
  350. Phaazoid
  351. PhilosophicAnimal
  352. pholtos
  353. Pizza Robo
  354. P.Kat
  355. Plain Yogurt
  356. Playcube
  357. PlayfulMushroom
  358. POKEMANSPIKA
  359. Powerman293
  360. praline
  361. proxian
  362. psb123
  363. PSIguy89
  364. PSYNergy
  365. PrinceGal3n
  366. PurpleStuff5
  367. PWN3
  368. Pwnapplez
  369. Pyzlnar
  370. QcSlayer
  371. Q-Long
  372. Quetzal77
  373. R.O.B.
  374. Radical Beam
  375. Radori
  376. Raetah
  377. Rafuki21
  378. Raykz
  379. Raziek
  380. Red Dasher
  381. Red Ryu
  382. RegiGygas117
  383. RenH
  384. Replica
  385. Rethuic
  386. Retroen
  387. RetroMetalSonic
  388. RhymeswithEmpty
  389. Roger Smith
  390. RosaPeach
  391. Royaru
  392. Royvolution Ream
  393. RumpletrellskiN
  394. Ryan
  395. Ryuji
  396. Ryuutakeshi
  397. Sabrewulf238
  398. Saer2k
  399. Sagittarius
  400. Salocin
  401. sandfall
  402. SanicJan
  403. Sari
  404. Scatmansworld25
  405. Scoliosis Jones
  406. scoobymcsnack
  407. Seb9k+
  408. SebasSancy
  409. Secret Sexytime
  410. Seleir
  411. Seoxys
  412. Sephazon
  413. Shawnullah
  414. sheik93
  415. shellshocker18
  416. Shin F.
  417. Shinhed-echi
  418. Shiny Porygon
  419. Shog
  420. Sidboylol
  421. Silo777
  422. SirCamp
  423. Skeleton o' Fun
  424. SkullKidKing
  425. Skyblade12
  426. Skyfox2000
  427. sman3975
  428. Smash_Handle69
  429. SmashBro99
  430. smashkirby
  431. Smashmar2
  432. SmashShadow
  433. smashtriforce77
  434. smileMasky
  435. SmilingMad
  436. SMX
  437. Solbliminal
  438. Solfiner
  439. someonetookjacob
  440. SonicLink125
  441. SonicSmasher
  442. SoraSaturn
  443. Sordim522
  444. SorrowOfAcheron
  445. SoulofKhaos
  446. Soulsaint
  447. SoupCanMafia
  448. Sparkus
  449. Spatman
  450. Spazzy_D
  451. Speedwagon
  452. spoilerowl
  453. Spootondorf
  454. Sqid
  455. Squirtle/Mario guy
  456. SSBFan
  457. Staarih
  458. StaffofSmashing
  459. Strider_Bond00J
  460. StrikeBlade
  461. SuperBrawler
  462. Superfiremario
  463. SuperNintendoKid
  464. Supersmash77
  465. Superyoshiom
  466. Swampasaur
  467. Sykin
  468. Takasmash
  469. tamagone
  470. TappyBat
  471. TBone06
  472. tbuster766
  473. TCT~Phantom
  474. TeamFlareZakk
  475. Techno1000
  476. TeenGirlSquad
  477. TehEpicRyuga
  478. TempestSurge
  479. Tetiro
  480. ThatShadowLink
  481. THE 6r
  482. The Curious Volnutt
  483. The One Who Wrote This
  484. Thekewlusername
  485. T-Hell
  486. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  487. TheSeanMan
  488. TheSpaceKing
  489. The Stoopid Unikorn
  490. TheTactician
  491. THE TemporaryFool
  492. thethirdkoopa
  493. TheZoologist
  494. ThirdDay
  495. ThoughtfulWanderer
  496. ThunderOverload
  497. TiaSilvia
  498. TimeSmash
  499. Tinfoil
  500. Tiymako
  501. ToothiestAura
  502. topspin1617
  503. Travix Man
  504. TreeBranch
  505. True Blue Warrior
  506. Turmalinium
  507. tveye
  508. tyrus+
  509. UltimateWario
  510. Ultinarok
  511. Undella2
  512. User Name String
  513. UtopianPoyzin
  514. Vann Accessible
  515. Vegito2727
  516. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  517. Vintage Creep
  518. Violenceman
  519. walph
  520. warelander
  521. Warheart_666
  522. Wigglytuff ★
  523. winterofsilver
  524. Wintropy
  525. WhiteEaglePL
  526. Xelion
  527. Xenigma
  528. XenoWarriorX
  529. XeVioN
  530. Xiivi
  531. Xithyl_kykorl
  532. xLemmy_KoopaX
  533. xpnc
  534. XTremeGamer1234
  535. XxLtxX
  536. Yangfly Leone
  537. YellowLord
  538. Yggdra
  539. Yoh
  540. Yoshi444
  541. YoshiandToad
  542. Young Horsetail
  543. Your Hero
  544. Ypsen
  545. Yuki Setsuna
  546. Yusa
  547. YwhaletailY
  548. Zabadoo
  549. zagman505
  550. zaiman12345
  551. Zalaresh
  552. Zandro
  553. ZanZero
  554. ZarroTsu
  555. ZeldaMaster
  556. ZelDan
  557. ZestyÑ
  558. zferolie
  559. zmero_
  560. Zulyar
  561. Zuppo

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Everyone is talking about Isaacsette, but I want some Doom Dragonsette or Wisesette One

Okay, so time to address something I've been pushing off for a while. Top 10 games. Most of these are RPGs.

1. Chrono Trigger - Simply the best game ever created. Hands down, bar none. Fantastic mechanics, great story, amazing characters, gorgeous art, brilliant soundtrack... This game is just wonderful.
Have you played Live a Live? Its not as good, but is a pretty fun and unique precusor to Chrono Trigger

Its dignity is back! If Metroid can recover, so can FE!

Awakening had like barely any chokepoints, Fates brought them back.

Shadows of Valentia cut down on the waifu stuff. The latest game has this modern style that is both modern and stays true to the character design philisophy the pre-Awakening games had.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.
1. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest :ultdiddy:
2. Donkey Kong Country :ultdk:
3. Super Smash Bros. For 3DS / Wii U
4. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze :ultdk::ultdiddy:
5. Golden Sun & The Lost Age (since it counts as one game after all now)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild :ultlink:
7. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance :ultike:
8. EarthBound :ultness:
9. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn :4myfriends:
10. A few Zelda titles who I rank similary : Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. :ulttoonlink:

osby

Smash Obsessed
4. Persona 3 - This game has some pacing issues, the dungeon design is a little lackluster, and Strega (while great characters) could maybe fit better. Literally everything else about it is brilliant. It's a fantastic work of literature, exploring a psychological concept in one of the best and most thorough ways I've ever seen. It manages to tie every aspect of the game in to its central theme. Music, characters, plot, sidequests. Everything reflects a different aspect of the core concept, and it just works amazingly. I wish we had a Golden version of this game. If they remade it with the sort of job they did on Persona 5, this game could challenge my number one. Memento Mori.
I feel so validated right now.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I'm betting base.
Yeah Isaac doesn't seem like a DLC character. I could be wrong.

But the DLC characters last time were vets (mewtwo, lucas, roy), legends (ryu and cloud), or for new releases (bayo and corrin). Of course patterns are always broken in the world of Smash speculation. So last time they had 7 DLC characters, maybe there will be more this time, who knows. What's notable is 3rd parties got 3 out of 4 of the unique DLC movesets.

But at least if he isn't in base, he has plenty of spots he could grab. Though that could be tough too. He has to compete against:

*More Mario and Pokemon (Gen 8 is on the horizon)
*More Fire Emblem (Heroes makes bank and FE16 is on the way)
*Though most of the 3rd party "legends" are in, you still have popular JP series like Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and more.
*Fan favorites like Geno, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Banjo, etc.
*New Nintendo releases like Dragalia Lost, Town, Daemon X Machina, etc. (I would mention the new Metroid, but I doubt the series would get more)

Of course we could get an announcement of new GS in the future with that copyright renewal.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah Isaac doesn't seem like a DLC character. I could be wrong.

But the DLC characters last time were vets (mewtwo, lucas, roy), legends (ryu and cloud), or for new releases (bayo and corrin). Of course patterns are always broken in the world of Smash speculation. So last time they had 7 DLC characters, maybe there will be more this time, who knows. What's notable is 3rd parties got 3 out of 4 of the unique DLC movesets.

But at least if he isn't in base, he has plenty of spots he could grab. Though that could be tough too. He has to compete against:

*More Mario and Pokemon (Gen 8 is on the horizon)
*More Fire Emblem (Heroes makes bank and FE16 is on the way)
*Though most of the 3rd party "legends" are in, you still have popular JP series like Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and more.
*Fan favorites like Geno, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Banjo, etc.
*New Nintendo releases like Dragalia Lost, Town, Daemon X Machina, etc. (I would mention the new Metroid, but I doubt the series would get more)

Of course we could get an announcement of new GS in the future with that copyright renewal.
If we go from what we know, last DLC consisted of:
  • :4mewtwo:THE most popular veteran that was planned before.
  • :4feroy::4lucas:The most popular remaining Melee and Brawl veterans, respectively.
  • :4ryu:A really big guest fighter with a genre that was not yet in Smash (I don't think we know much about Ryu's inclusion)
  • :4cloud:A guest character that had most votes from a popular franchise in the ballot (that's also not a super concrete thing)
  • :4bayonetta:Among the characters that can made into a DLC fighter, one that got most votes (at least at the start of the ballot)
  • :4corrin:A character whose game is released but not worldwide yet. Also the only one chosen by development team and not Sakurai.

We can see a Cloud/Ryu and maybe Corrin but anything else will be quiet different from last time.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I don't think they would have started to tease a DLC character before announcing all the base roster, if what we got so far is indeed tease for Isaac.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Until we know the whole roster, I rather focus on base. Is it nice to get a headstart? Sure. Yet most of the curent hype from the community is about who are the remaining newcomers for base, not who is going to be potential DLC.

And even when the game comes out, there will be that obvious honeymoon phase where everyone is playing it and unlocking and enjoying the characters who are there than focusing on who's not.

It's also hard to imagine if Isaac's ballot results don't warrant enough to make him playable then surely his assist is going to return so there may not be much of a DLC campaign if he's not base, unless he's announced being in the works. Isaac being completely absent from the game like in 4 just makes no sense.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
If we go from what we know, last DLC consisted of:
  • :4mewtwo:THE most popular veteran that was planned before.
  • :4feroy::4lucas:The most popular remaining Melee and Brawl veterans, respectively.
  • :4ryu:A really big guest fighter with a genre that was not yet in Smash (I don't think we know much about Ryu's inclusion)
  • :4cloud:A guest character that had most votes from a popular franchise in the ballot (that's also not a super concrete thing)
  • :4bayonetta:Among the characters that can made into a DLC fighter, one that got most votes (at least at the start of the ballot)
  • :4corrin:A character whose game is released but not worldwide yet. Also the only one chosen by development team and not Sakurai.

We can see a Cloud/Ryu and maybe Corrin but anything else will be quiet different from last time.
Yeah, with no vets this time, spots will be freed up.

Also I had no idea Bayo had the most votes. I thought she was in a similar spot to Corrin. I was also expecting Ryu to happen, he's pretty much the king of cross overs lol. I'm guessing they added him because of how important he is and because of that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, with no vets this time, spots will be freed up.

Also I had no idea Bayo had the most votes. I thought she was in a similar spot to Corrin. I was also expecting Ryu to happen, he's pretty much the king of cross overs lol. I'm guessing they added him because of how important he is and because of that.
The official statement was that she was the highest voted 'realizable' DLC character. There is in-game data suggests that she was decided pretty early so she either got a lot of votes when the ballot started or she was just fairly popular but also had circumstances that made her inclusion easier than others (her body shape, Platinum Games's cooperation etc).

Corrin was the only character who got in to help the promotion of a recent game, though Greninja was also in a similar situation.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The official statement was that she was the highest voted 'realizable' DLC character. There is in-game data suggests that she was decided pretty early so she either got a lot of votes when the ballot started or she was just fairly popular but also had circumstances that made her inclusion easier than others (her body shape, Platinum Games's cooperation etc).

Corrin was the only character who got in to help the promotion of a recent game, though Greninja was also in a similar situation.
It's funny to me how odd Bayonetta origin of inclusion is. It's either she had a good amount of votes, or was chosen as one of the characters from the beginning due to Bayonetta 2's exclusivity, and her body shape being easy to design around ZSS.

It could either way, or it could be a combination of both.

But I have a hard time believing that Bayonetta won the ballot as a whole, despite liking the character a whole lot.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I remember reading that. I guess that's where the controversy comes from (aside from her being the first third party that wasn't gaming legend status yet, she's more of an icon). I love her games though.

I wonder what realizable means in this context. All of the newcomers this time around probably did strong on the poll as well. Inkling comes to mind first.

In the case of King K Rool, Isaac, Geno, and the others, I think those were fanbases that would normally vote for each others characters, so their votes were less concentrated than Bayonetta's if that makes sense... I voted for Andy instead of Isaac for example, but now that I know my lesson, my support is towards Isaac. Another example would be how Pokemon or Mario characters probably received tons of votes, but those fanbases couldn't decide on one singular character to support.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's funny to me how odd Bayonetta origin of inclusion is. It's either she had a good amount of votes, or was chosen as one of the characters from the beginning due to Bayonetta 2's exclusivity, and her body shape being easy to design around ZSS.

It could either way, or it could be a combination of both.

But I have a hard time believing that Bayonetta won the ballot as a whole, despite liking the character a whole lot.
There's no way she got the most votes but it's not that hard believing the ones who got more votes were out of quetion due to being hard to make/has licensing issues/veteran/Goku.

Oh yeah I remember reading that. I guess that's where the controversy comes from (aside from her being the first third party that wasn't gaming legend status yet, she's more of an icon). I love her games though.

I wonder what realizable means in this context. All of the newcomers this time around probably did strong on the poll as well. Inkling comes to mind first.

In the case of King K Rool, Isaac, Geno, and the others, I think those were fanbases that would normally vote for each others characters, so their votes were less concentrated than Bayonetta's if that makes sense... I voted for Andy instead of Isaac for example, but now that I know my lesson, my support is towards Isaac. Another example would be how Pokemon or Mario characters probably received tons of votes, but those fanbases couldn't decide on one singular character to support.
Inklings were probably voted real high in the ballot but there's no way they could add the ink mechanic with just patches. K.Rool needs a completely unique skeleton, which no DLC newcomer had. Geno might have licensing issues. Isaac... no idea. Maybe he wasn't voted as highly as we think? Or maybe his moveset needed too much extra modelling.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
There's no way she got the most votes but it's not that hard believing the ones who got more votes were out of quetion due to being hard to make/has licensing issues/veteran/Goku.
I suppose Isaac would be hard to make (even when building off the base of one of the sword users.)

And snake because of licensing issues.

But how was Wolf a difficult character to make? He was pretty much a clone from the beginning. How was he not DLC for smash 4?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I suppose Isaac would be hard to make (even when building off the base of one of the sword users.)

And snake because of licensing issues.

But how was Wolf a difficult character to make? He was pretty much a clone from the beginning. How was he not DLC for smash 4?
Either:
A. Sakurai doesn't wanted to fill the DLC with veterans, especially since Ultimate was in plans.
B. He's harder to make than Roy and Lucas but not as popular as those two.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Hmm, that website going back to 2010 is interesting.

Maybe Nintendo wants to make sure we don't find out about website updates but ended up making more noise

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
As much as I want Isaac in base its just not gonna happen.

We probably have

Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Steve and Geno (as first DLC soon) left to be revealed.

And as someone said, it will be harder for him to get in as DLC, since this is where they'll bombard us with Xenoblade, BWD, Dixie, and more Fire Emblem ofc.

Isaac is just as or more requested than those, but Sakurai is very stubborn and bias.

He's not a huge fan of Zelda, which is why we have 3 different Links with pretty much the same moveset, while all 3 come from games where they could have unique specials at the very least. And don't get me started on Ganondorf, hes still a semi clone and he should have been revamped in Brawl.

Meanwhile he tweaks the moveset of his Kirby and Kid Icarus characters.

And we're gonna get Steve because he likes Minecraft, and probably ignore that Banjo & Kazooie are actually a requested character.

He also likes Fire Emblem, and look at the ****ty representation of that.

I'm grateful for all that he has done, but man I really hope the next title is a reboot and he steps down.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
To each their own, but I don't see how he's more favorable at this point. Skull Kid has two things going for him, both of which Isaac rivals:
  1. His missing assist trophy- Isaac also has yet to be seen.
  2. The furniture hint- it's so much of a stretch and Sakurai's "Golden Sun angle" tweet is way closer to a hint than some chair colors.
I am not counting on Isaac being in, I'm hoping for it, but I think he has some of the most non-leak "evidence" going for him out of any character (Elma is up there for me as well).

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I still have hopes for Isaac in base, but if he shouldn't make it I'm more than prepared to become louder than Ridley fans about him for dlc.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
As much as I want Isaac in base its just not gonna happen.

We probably have

Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Steve and Geno (as first DLC soon) left to be revealed.

And as someone said, it will be harder for him to get in as DLC, since this is where they'll bombard us with Xenoblade, BWD, Dixie, and more Fire Emblem ofc.
Well, fortunately a lot of us have hope that the leaker is wrong, so we're not going to stop until we're proven otherwise. A couple weeks ago, people were swearing by the Box Theory like it was a religion, only to now be throwing themselves behind Steve because it's "flavour of the week."

That said, I don't disagree with DLC hopes being weaker- with behemoths like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles having recent releases, as well as the fact that we got a bunch of 3rd party fighters last time, Isaac is going to have a bigger hurdle to overcome. I won't give up hope quite yet, but it is a bit of an issue.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
N3ON was right, you guys are way too capricious.

You go from Isaac being 100% in to Isaac being 100% out at the drop of a hat. Stick to your guns and stop panicking every time a new scrap of information is hinted at. 90% of what you are terrified about has no basis in fact.

Point of reference: Somebody show me where anything either in Smash or given by somebody related to the project has even hinted at Incineroar. And yet, everybody acts like they are a lock. Why?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
On the plus side no one has said "No Isaac" yet, but you're kinda ignorant if you think that leakers who call stuff way before things are revealed (and not just stuff for Smash) who are right about everything we've seen are going to be wrong in the end for some reason, that's called denial, trust me, Waluigi supporter.

That said the best thing for me would be to see an official reveal of Isaac or even someone else that is not on the credible leakers list as I'm not really interested in anything that's likely from those sources.

I've never wanted to be wrong so bad lol

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
N3ON was right, you guys are way too capricious.

You go from Isaac being 100% in to Isaac being 100% out at the drop of a hat. Stick to your guns and stop panicking every time a new scrap of information is hinted at. 90% of what you are terrified about has no basis in fact.

Point of reference: Somebody show me where anything either in Smash or given by somebody related to the project has even hinted at Incineroar. And yet, everybody acts like they are a lock. Why?
Nah man, it's just some people are not as confident as others, so a bit of leaks here and there can tilt the boat one way or the other.

Besides you have to remember that GS in general has been left to die for the longest time, so you can't really blame people for feeling pessimistic about Isaac chances.

I'm still holding my faith on Sakurai's tweet and the next Direct.

Top Bottom