• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The website being brought back along with the whole trademark renewal cannot simply be just some ordinary coincidence right? Or maybe I'm just getting too ahead of myself lol :p
Color me surprised if Isaac's not in the game. How many perfectly timed coincidences can one character go through in a speculation cycle for it to all turn out to mean nothing?

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Color me surprised if Isaac's not in the game. How many perfectly timed coincidences can one character go through in a speculation cycle for it to all turn out to mean nothing?
I don't want to get my hopes too high up, but at the same time I also think there's more with what's led on to believe recently. Not to mention in his latest Famitsu Sakurai did mention something having to do with a change of plans ( of course that can apply to another character in some context give or take). At the very least no concrete evidence deconfirms Isaac as of right now, especially since more things are aligning in his favor ever since the August direct.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That's more like 18 spaces, which would be wayyyy too much imo. Unless they decide to support this game with dlc for 2+ years
would not be complaining if it was 2 years worth of DLC, more characters to be in, more cool stages

hell, maybe that two years of work could lead up to subspace 2 DLC if Spirits mode isn't a story mode

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
would not be complaining if it was 2 years worth of DLC, more characters to be in
I really think we'll get 2 years worth. The Switch is early on its life, Smash and its DLC are money-printers, this is going to be the definitive Smash and multiplayer experience on the console, and this is almost certainly the last big hurrah for Smash before major changes are needed. It's gotten too big for its own good, so they might as well milk this golden opportunity while they can.

This also might be the big send-off for Sakurai as Smash's director, so I could see him going all-in as thanks and farewell to the fans. He's worked on nothing but Smash since 2012. He deserves to be able to have a change of pace once this is over.

D

Deleted member

Don't know what'll happen next couple of months but I'm with Isaac no matter what. Still have hope he's in.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I’ve always thought Isaac was a good character choice for Smash, but outside of some of his abilities and potential for a moveset, I really don’t know anything about him, his supporting cast, or really anything about his series. It didn’t feel right supporting someone I know so little about, so I decided to pick up the first Golden Sun! (Unfortunately Lost Age sprang up in price by $130 before I was able to get it, but I got the first one!) can’t wait to try it out!
Wow, over 11 likes.... People are REALLY happy I'm getting Golden Sun, huh? Well, I am too!

I don't want to get my hopes too high up, but at the same time I also think there's more with what's led on to believe recently. Not to mention in his latest Famitsu Sakurai did mention something having to do with a change of plans ( of course that can apply to another character in some context give or take). At the very least no concrete evidence deconfirms Isaac as of right now, especially since more things are aligning in his favor ever since the August direct.
I dunno... I don't think it means he's adding an additional character. Even if it does, I'm not entirely sure why it would be Isaac. Heck, if any character would get a sudden "Change in plans", I feel like it'd be Waluigi given the massive backlash and apparent desire to see him get in....

In any case, what evidence has been found in Isaac's favor? I haven't really heard a whole ton beyond the Ratholos picture, so I'm just wondering if anything else has come up?

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
How many artists can we get drawing propagan-- I mean fan art for Isaac? Stoic Seraphim is awesome but the more the merrier
Fanart machine broke, only Bowsette for the next six months.

But hey, you can find some really good artists really easily right now if you are looking to buy a commission of your favorite adepty boy. It's cheaper than you might think.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

But hey, you can find some really good artists really easily right now if you are looking to buy a commission of your favorite adepty boy. It's cheaper than you might think.
By her own admission, she isn't great. But my girlfriend @ NanaDoesArt on twitter drew this when she beat golden sun the other day. Been seeing a little bit of art here or there.
Dnq6mLwXoAAef4J.jpg

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

All I can say is I’m hoping for some kind of announcement in October. im Just hoping September ends sooner than later cause I need to know what the remaining fighters are.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

DOOM DRAGONSETTE!

By her own admission, she isn't great. But my girlfriend @ NanaDoesArt on twitter drew this when she beat golden sun the other day. Been seeing a little bit of art here or there. View attachment 166976
Cute!

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.
I was going to post this earlier today, but I had to think carefully since I've played a ton of good games. It's hard to pick only 10, but here it is.

1) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
My favorite Zelda game in the franchise. I loved the art style of the game. It had a more serious tone and the story was really good. The best part was Link's victory pose after defeating King Bulblin. To me, it's a Zelda game that stands out from the rest (aside from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask).

2) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted is a very story-driven series spanning five main games, but Among Thieves is by far my favorite. A lot of people will tell you that A Thieves' End is the best in the series, but I think otherwise. The action sequences were pure perfection, the story was engaging, and the characters were complex and interesting. The game also had the best villain in the series in my opinion.

3) Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
I thoroughly enjoyed The Precursor Legacy more than Jak 2 and Jak 3. It was whimsical and had a sort of charm similar to Ratchet and Clank. The game also gave me Zelda vibes because Jak reminded me of Link: silent, long-eared protagonist and Daxter was like Navi: the annoying sidekick with some useful advice once in a while. It still disappoints me that they scrapped the original plot of Jak and Daxter for a more serious plotline, but that's just me. At least, Jak finally got to speak.

4) Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
My first Kingdom Hearts game. Personally, I prefer Roxas over Sora because throughout the game Roxas is trying to figure out who he is and what is his purpose in the grand scheme of things. I'm a sucker for self-discovery stories. Also, I consider 358/2 Days as a tragedy compared to the other Kingdom Hearts games.

5) Fire Emblem: Awakening
There are a lot of reasons why I like FE: Awakening. Story-wise, it's a very solid game and its gameplay makes strategizing actually fun instead of grueling. The art is pretty good and the characters are so colorful and interactions between them only make it better. It was because of Awakening that I had high expectations for Fates, but Fates was subpar compared to Awakening.

6) Gravity Rush
A criminally underrated series that deserves more exposure. I actually learned about this series through Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (yes, Sony's Inferior Super Smash Bros. Clone), but to be fair Kat was one of the very few playable characters who weren't indefinitely broken or useless. She actually fits very well in a fighting game. I'm just grateful that they made a PS4 Remastered edition and I'm even more grateful that they made a sequel. Definitely one of those "diamond in the rough" games.

7) Super Smash Brothers
Of course! To think that I got Brawl by chance along with the Wii when it was the hot new console. My uncle literally thought it was just another Super Mario Brothers with more weird characters. Smash Bros. opens up doors to new franchises most probably have never heard of. Most of the Nintendo history I know now is mostly because of Smash. Personally, Brawl holds a special place in my heart for being my first Smash Bros. Also, say what you want about the Subspace Emissary, but I thought it was cool to see the Smash Cast team up to defeat Tabuu. Gosh, I'm really hoping to see a new story mode in Ultimate.

8) Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
It's not the original Golden Sun or TLA, but without Dark Dawn, I probably wouldn't be so into the series, let alone cheering for Isaac's inclusion in Smash. I specifically remember seeing TV commercials for the game which ultimately made me buy the game. To this day, I have no regrets. It's definitely one of the best RPGs I've played and I would love to see the journey continue since Dark Dawn ended on a cliffhanger.

9) Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
My first traditional fighting game. I remember feeling so accomplished when I beat arcade mode with every character. I loved the cast in that game and my go-to fighting trio was Morrigan Aensland, Felicia, and Doctor Strange. Now we have Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and... Uh... it's not a very good game. Let's call a spade a spade. I'd rather play UMvC over that game any day.

10) Animal Crossing
The Original Animal Crossing on Gamecube will always have a special place in my heart. I liked City Folk, New Leaf was a "meh" for me, Pocket Camp is boring, but the GC Animal Crossing was my childhood. I spent more time on that game than any other Gamecube game I owned (well, maybe Sonic Heroes). I remember staying up on Saturday nights to talk to K.K. in hopes of getting a new song for my collection because I was determined to get every single song in that game.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I heard on YT that the new trademark was specifically for home consoles? This is pretty good if it's true. I personally believe all it relates to is the returning GS music but still..

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
) Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
My first Kingdom Hearts game. Personally, I prefer Roxas over Sora because throughout the game Roxas is trying to figure out who he is and what is his purpose in the grand scheme of things. I'm a sucker for self-discovery stories. Also, I consider 358/2 Days as a tragedy compared to the other Kingdom Hearts games.
Glad to see some Days love! I don't like it as much as the rest of the franchise gameplay-wise, but story-wise and presentation-wise, it was brilliant. It really took the DS to its limits and was easily the best game on the system. Roxas is my favorite game character, so I loved the romp through his story that the game was. My ABSOLUTELYNEVERGOINGTOHAPPEN Smash dream is for Sora to make it in, with Roxas as an easy echo fighter of him because his solo game was on the DS, but that'll never happen...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

A Top 10 list, eh? Well, here i go.

1. Metroid Prime

2. F-Zero GX.

3. Super Smash Bros Brawl

4. Golden Sun

5. Xenoblade Chronicles 1&2. (X was garbage.)

6. Super Mario Sunshine.

7. PM:TTYD

8. FE: PoR

9. FF9

10. Earthbound

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Is Isaac losing to Amaterasu..? I mean, losing to the sun god would be kinda ironic.
Judging by the number's Amaterasu got *about 1.1K) it's safe to say her support is strong, but not strong enough to match Isaac's roughly 1.8K votes. I'd be shocked is he doesn't make it out of this round. Though Pheonix might beat him judging by his support. Regardless. Isaac will easily score AT LEAST in the final 8

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've never seen Amataratsu get the kind of support or attention characters like Isaac, K Rool, BWD, Geno, B&K get, so I have a hard time seeing Isaac lose to her.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Wow, over 11 likes.... People are REALLY happy I'm getting Golden Sun, huh? Well, I am too!

I dunno... I don't think it means he's adding an additional character. Even if it does, I'm not entirely sure why it would be Isaac. Heck, if any character would get a sudden "Change in plans", I feel like it'd be Waluigi given the massive backlash and apparent desire to see him get in....

In any case, what evidence has been found in Isaac's favor? I haven't really heard a whole ton beyond the Ratholos picture, so I'm just wondering if anything else has come up?
I never said he was adding an additional character. Apologies for the confusion as I meant that statement was in terms of what Sakurai had in store for smash plans in the last Nintendo direct. I don't necessarily think the character trailer that hypothetically were switched was Isaac's in that regard either as it could be any trailer in a given context that involves an earthquake or natural disaster of sorts. There's also a few evidence pointing towards Isaac, although nothing that says " he's in 100 %" or anything like that. More so that they align with what we have gotten so far. For one, the European dark dawn site updated not too long after the direct. Looking into it, you may think that it's a simple routine task that is done for IPs in general. However, a day before the direct Golden Sun has gotten its trademark renewed very recently along with Rhythm Heaven and a few other IPs . Again, that might not seem to amass to anything at first glance, but it's very odd that Nintendo would renew it so suddenly especially when said trademarks have been shown to take around 10 years and Golden Sun's trademark has yet to expire since its last entry. The new trademark incorporated new terms and what not seen in the previous one, and a few members on this thread explored this more in depth. Granted these all can just seem to be mere coincidences, but I'd like to think that they align more with each other along with the recent ratholos tweet. May seem like a big wall of text, but yeah that's what I see.

Edit: There's also the fact that Sakuraba has yet to be accredited for a composition of sorts ( correct me if I'm wrong :p) and also the fact that Golden Sun music has still yet to appear on the site

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Obviously the date for the Dark Dawn Website being reverted back to 2010 is because Nintendo knows we're on to them and had to pull some wizard style shenanigans to put the 2010 back onto Google and hope no one noticed. You can't change my mind.:happysheep:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Obviously the date for the Dark Dawn Website being reverted back to 2010 is because Nintendo knows we're on to them and had to pull some wizard style shenanigans to put the 2010 back onto Google and hope no one noticed. You can't change my mind.:happysheep:
just finish the roster sakurai. people are getting my hopes up again and I don't wanna have em crushed again.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Heh, well I started drawing this, but I think it's too pessimistic. Any suggestions on what to draw? Preferably something simpler...
View attachment 166981
If you want something more optimistic, how about Isaac pushing away unconfirmed characters (with move) to get to a smash ball / smash logo?

That said, I really like the progress on this pic tbh XD

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
If you want something more optimistic, how about Isaac pushing away unconfirmed characters (with move) to get to a smash ball / smash logo?

That said, I really like the progress on this pic tbh XD
I propose it to be a mock up of this.

Gundam.PNG

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah.

Well, I also realized that I forgot to draw Inkling. For some reason I keep forgetting Inkling is in the game...
I forgot Inklings were in smash for a sec.

I think the hype of the less relevant characters has made us remember how awesome some of these lesser franchises are.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My turn. I mainly play RPG, because good stories is what I'm looking for in video games (even, if quite frankly, as a fellow scriptwriter, good stories in videogames are really rare)

0- Final Fantasy IX.
I'm still searching for anything in this world to compete with the quality of its script and the depths of its subject matter. A masterpiece with no comparison among every media, and which made what I am today.

1 - Tales of Symphonia
Even if it pales in comparison with FFIX, the game has still a really strong script. The gameplay was also stellar in the days of its release.

2 - Fire Emblem Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn
An enigma among FE games which are genuinely bad in terms of scriptwriting. The structure of its story is amazing, as long as the characterisation and the progression of the main protagonist. Ike is without a doubt one of the most well-written protagonist I know.

3 - Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda is my favorite videogame serie, even if its stories are ridiculously poor. In the other hand, LoZ has a wonderful and dreamy lore/universe. And my journey to Termina left a lasting impression in my mind. I freaking love the atmosphere, the scary look of the majora's mask, the music, the sadness of some scene between romani and Cremia (? french name). One of my most immersive experience in video-game.

4 - Baten Kaitos
The most original RPG I ever played. The gameplay and sidequests, the lore, the f****ing dramatic turn of events that Kalas brings... BK is truly special. It has also the most beautiful OST that I ever heard.

5 - Undertale/Mother 3
Thanks to Toby Fox and Shigesato Itoi for using the video-game medium for what it truly worths, and making more than just a simple "entertainement" by focusing on the interaction between the medium and the gamer, to improve what really matters : emotions. It's not perfect, but the games were really memorable. The characterisation of Undertale is splendid, too bad that the script is not elaborate.

6 - Smash 4
My favorite SSB so far, and maybe the videogame I spend the most time on (outside FFIX).

7 - Xenoblade Chronicles
The story is over-estimated by a lot of people (thanks to its really emotionnal start and philosophical subject), but it's still quite good. But I mostly love the game for its gameplay and universe (climbing a World Titan ? That was sick) ! Also Melia is a really strong female character (and one of my favorite game character of all time), wich I'd love to see more in Japanese media. Unfortunately XC2 crushed all the respect and hopes I had...

8 - Golden Sun TLA
My favorite episode of the serie, also my favorite handheld RPG, loved the mechanics. The lore is interresting but the story is empty, it's basically a long travel through dungeons to catch bad guys. There's still a little more story in the second book, more psynergies and gameplay, so... an obvious pick for me. Also the attachment that I had for the game during my childhood lead me to a weird dream in a fantasy world inspired from ToS and GS, which I immediately wrote on waking. It became a really long story that followed me until today, which I tried to compile on a 350 pages novel. So yeah... I guess GS had a stronger impact on my life than we could think.

9 - Sonic Adventure 2
Thanks to this game, I met my best friend (who I fell in love with... that, she doesn't know). So... Strong emotionnal bond with the game.

10 - Legend of Zelda : Oracle of Ages
The pinnacle of 2D Zelda games. The gameplay is stunning for a GBC game, and it's the most challenging (hence, satisfying) Zelda game I played. It's also a strong part of my childhood. Oracle of Seasons was too easy, the script way more simplier, and the game shorter.
If you’re looking at quality of script and subject matter, play Persona 3. Though it has some pacing issues and the dungeon design is lackluster (as usually happens with procedurally generated dungeons), it’s story and theming are the strongest I’ve ever seen in a game.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Hello Isaac fans, i'm just a friend passing by to show my support for Isaac. I'm till the end Geno + Isaac + Shantae.
It's really not fair he doesn't getting into Smash, Gonden Sun is a Nintendo's IP and as such it deserves a sit as any other Nintendo's IP.

Good luck and please add me to the supporters list!

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
That's the thing I can't get over. The leak zeitgeist shifts on to Ken and Incineroar and I'm just sitting here thinking... so Sakurai straight up lied to us?

A tweet like that, from a director who hates misleading or building up expectations too high... that's about as close to a confirmation as you can possibly have. He knew. He knows. We know he knows. He knows we know.

Isaac's chances haven't worsened after peaking at that tweet. Any leak or leaker that doesn't have Isaac addressed is suspect in my eyes. I trust Sakurai far more than I trust Vergiben, a box or one of the -monagatari girls.
Something seems off, I don't know what to really think, but I do know that Isaac will make it. I am not usually positive or confidence without evidence, but I trust Sakurai tweet tease. That is without a doubt a tease to Golden Sun, specifically Isaac. It just has too many coincidences, the timing, the updates, the overall support for Golden Sun and even people who were hesitant about Golden Sun are starting to warm up to the series. Not to mention the renewal. That is why from here on, I believe he is in. I am tired of wavering in between. Mind you, I won't over hype, but just have more confidence in my gut feeling.

One thing that I think that some people don't mention is what if the sources are giving out false info to keep the real surprises in tact? Even sources who have other sources could have been given false info to throw off leakers like Vergeben. I think that Nintendo and other sources connected to it are a lot smarter than we think. So who knows, it's possible that we may not actually get a Pokemon Rep. As of now, I don't believe the Box Theory -That could be changed into a different package altogether-, the Blog Theory -Even thought you could apply mathematics and such, but it could be easily be thrown off by slowing down the pace of the blogs and such. I do however, believe the music theory more than any of the others. It just makes more sense with what characters are to be revealed and who haven't along with their theme and such. Not including echoes of course and it hasn't been really debunked yet. However, it is still speculation and could be easily retconned. For now, I am sticking with my intuition and what logically makes more sense.

I voted for Isaac my friends, I like Amaterasu but as someone who now has Geno as his most wanted newcomer, I have to vote for Isaac. He's like Isaac's bro now. :laugh:
To be honest, I think Isaac will beat Amaterasu, i predict something like 70/30
Us RPG bros need to stick together!! Isaac and Geno all the way!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom