• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Welp, right when I was starting to actually believe the 103 stages theory, this pops up. I was skeptical of it at first since even though Sakurai seemed to restate it on his Famitsu column, we need to remember the column was written before the Direct aired, so he wasn't really clarifying anything. Anyways, this is great news! But I'm still slightly skeptical, even though this confirms more stages, it's kind of odd that they would give a final stage count when we don't even know what the final 5 stages are.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I'm just kinda wondering though, how did this magazine know about the stage count at 108? What I mean is, how did Nintendo let info like that through?

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Welp, right when I was starting to actually believe the 103 stages theory, this pops up. I was skeptical of it at first since even though Sakurai seemed to restate it on his Famitsu column, we need to remember the column was written before the Direct aired, so he wasn't really clarifying anything. Anyways, this is great news! But I'm still slightly skeptical, even though this confirms more stages, it's kind of odd that they would give a final stage count when we don't even know what the final 5 stages are.
All that matters is I can spam this image at 103ers for the foreseeable future

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It's tough to say how many of these remaining stages belong to returning stages. Keep in mind that many of them can be DLC, and there are a few cut for a specific reason. Mute City Melee is the only one we can confidently bet on returning due to its name distinction. The other 4 stages depend on who our remaining newcomers are and if they need a stage.

However, it is strange that any remaining veteran stages aren't a part of the known lineup already since they're presumably not hiding anything. Maybe Mute City Melee is the only one or maybe none of them are in. The best reason to hide a stage is if they spoil a newcomer, so perhaps all 5 belong to somebody we don't know of yet.

So for right now, this just keeps Isaac a very open and real possibility as a character, and somebody who would have one of those stages. With all else that we've mentioned could potentially favor him, he has some of the best evidence of any newcomer.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I'm just kinda wondering though, how did this magazine know about the stage count at 108? What I mean is, how did Nintendo let info like that through?
No idea. It's possible this helps the box theory in a way since it shows Nintendo is looser with their info for whatever reason but I'm highly skeptical of that claim.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
No idea. It's possible this helps the box theory in a way since it shows Nintendo is looser with their info for whatever reason but I'm highly skeptical of that claim.
It's just a bit odd though, like Sakurai definitely would have wanted to show the stages before revealing the count to be 108. Idk

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
It's just a bit odd though, like Sakurai definitely would have wanted to show the stages before revealing the count to be 108. Idk
Maybe they were stages he wouldn't sure would be ready for release, but they made it?
Duck Hunt was a stage given out for free after the game came out. Maybe it could have ended up like that?

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's tough to say how many of these remaining stages belong to returning stages. Keep in mind that many of them can be DLC, and there are a few cut for a specific reason. Mute City Melee is the only one we can confidently bet on returning due to its name distinction. The other 4 stages depend on who our remaining newcomers are and if they need a stage.

However, it is strange that any remaining veteran stages aren't a part of the known lineup already since they're presumably not hiding anything. Maybe Mute City Melee is the only one or maybe none of them are in. The best reason to hide a stage is if they spoil a newcomer, so perhaps all 5 belong to somebody we don't know of yet.

So for right now, this just keeps Isaac a very open and real possibility as a character, and somebody who would have one of those stages. With all else that we've mentioned could potentially favor him, he has some of the best evidence of any newcomer.
I'd bet at least one of them is a Minecraft stage, per Vergeben's info that it'd be represented somehow.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Maybe they were stages he wouldn't sure would be ready for release, but they made it?
Duck Hunt was a stage given out for free after the game came out. Maybe it could have ended up like that?
Possibly. But at the same time there's still 2.5 months until release, and we still have at least one smash direct before then. Just seems too early to have that info even if the stages aren't ready now

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So now we wait for the translation to happen? I hope we get a little bit of insight on why this information was " revealed" without Sakurai officially showing it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'd bet at least one of them is a Minecraft stage, per Vergeben's info that it'd be represented somehow.
Could also be an AT or trophy, even if I think a stage would represent the series best.

Possibly. But at the same time there's still 2.5 months until release, and we still have at least one smash direct before then. Just seems too early to have that info even if the stages aren't ready now
It is strange that they would have this info now. Is there perhaps news coming sooner than we think, or was Sakurai's team comfortable with just giving a number?

I don't buy the notion that it could include boss/Spirits/adventure mode stages or the training mode stage since nobody considers those in the same groups of multiplayer stages. Hopefully the full SG translation will provide more context.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I feel that they have already shown all the returning stages at this moment and think that they would get all the returning stages out of the way so they can bring in the newest stages for smash along with newcomers.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
So now we wait for the translation to happen? I hope we get a little bit of insight on why this information was " revealed" without Sakurai officially showing it.
i did actually briefly translate myself. the only thing about stages, is that "108 stages appear" and that there are 'battle stages' from various series, and an analogy that i dont fully understand. that's all i got. pretty cut and dry.

EDIT: something about a trick not being hampered

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys consider Sol Sanctum or a Lighthouse a more unique and interesting stage to be used with Isaac if he got in?
Edit: Inner Sol Sanctum, the Elemental Star Place.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Would you guys consider Sol Sanctum or a Lighthouse a more unique and interesting stage to be used with Isaac if he got in?
I think it would be cool if they used all the Lighthouses and put them into one stage. Like the stage would start off at Mercury Lighthouse and swap randomly to the other Lighthouses with the balls of alchemy changing colour based on their element. I feel like the Lighthouse would be more iconic. Although the inner Sol Sanctum would look really cool!

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
So if we go by this, this means 5 more stages.

I think it's safe to say that all stages that were brought back have been already shown.
Probably also safe to assume a Monster Hunter stage (non-boss mode)

Speculations:

I don't think we're getting 5 new newcomers. So maybe someone who is already in is getting a stage.
Eg new Metroid / DK / AC stage.

I think Metroid and AC stage are super likely knowing that they have upcoming games.

That's 3 with MH so 2 more stages.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say.

Geno will come with a stage.
Isaac will come with a stage.

LET'S GET HYPED BOYS.

(Dont hype and drive, please hype responsibly and take the train when hyped)

-----

Edit:
If you're wondering why I didn't give MH a character, I think that MH is better represented through the monsters than the hunters.
With Rathalos in, I think that's enough rep needed for MH at least for the base game. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
i did actually briefly translate myself. the only thing about stages, is that "108 stages appear" and that there are 'battle stages' from various series, and an analogy that i dont fully understand. that's all i got. pretty cut and dry.

EDIT: something about a trick not being hampered
I read through the page, nothing to special other than the "Would you believe it, 108 stages!"
At least on this page.

Disclaimer: Only know basic-ish japanese.
Thanks for the translations guys! I wonder if there is any more info in the magazine but guess we will wait. I am glad one of the theories limiting us finally died. Now we just need an announcement or trailer that destroys the box one...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So if we go by this, this means 5 more stages.

I think Metroid and AC stage are super likely knowing that they have upcoming games.
I think that's pretty unlikely as they likely would have been shown with Ridley and Isabelle if those series were getting stages from the upcoming games.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I read through the page, nothing to special other than the "Would you believe it, 108 stages!"
At least on this page.

Disclaimer: Only know basic-ish japanese.
Sounds to me as if there are no technicalities or tricks with that number if they're saying, "would you believe it?!". It's 108 multiplayer stages which fits with the blank space we saw.

My personal predictions are that Mute City Melee is returning (don't know why it'd be held back unless we're getting a Black Shadow echo), then either the remaining four are all for newcomers or three of them are and there's one more new stage promoting a recent game.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sounds to me as if there are no technicalities or tricks with that number if they're saying, "would you believe it?!". It's 108 multiplayer stages which fits with the blank space we saw.

My personal predictions are that Mute City Melee is returning (don't know why it'd be held back unless we're getting a Black Shadow echo), then either the remaining four are all for newcomers or three of them are and there's one more new stage promoting a recent game.
I mean, F-Zero X was Black shadow's debuting entry.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Thanks for the translations guys! I wonder if there is any more info in the magazine but guess we will wait. I am glad one of the theories limiting us finally died. Now we just need an announcement or trailer that destroys the box one...
We must destroy the box >:0

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Well I'm beat so I'm gonna head off, I hope I come back to the thread still happy and excited.

It's nice to see everyone in high spirits again

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
new pokemon stage seems very likely. Possibly a new kirhy stage? Was Wooly World trashed for a Crafted World stage?
About the same timeframe between Smash launch and Yoshi launch so I could believe in this (maybe Plush Yoshi as an echo?), and yeah, Pokemon is very likely to get a stage with or without a Gen 7 rep. They always do. Either one of those could fit as another promotional stage.

I mean, F-Zero X was Black shadow's debuting entry.
And that stage is based off F-Zero X, right? Maybe you're in for a nice surprise, Xeno!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Sol Sanctum and Venus Lighthouse are easy picks. Not to say they’re bad picks, but very obvious picks. Honestly though, Golden Sun is filled to the brim with interesting set pieces they could choose from.

That being said, yeah. If Isaac gets in his stage will either be Sol Sanctum or Venus Lighthouse. If I had to choose, however, it’d be Venus Lighthouse.

Sol Sanctum lacks a lot of the qualities of a stage imo. In game it’s only memorable portion is the Elemental Star Chamber (which could easily be made into its own stage without the Sol Sanctum part). The rest of the dungeon is extremely standard affair, which is fine. It’s the first dungeon after all, but aside from the Fire as **** ost, Sol Sanctum never resonated much with me.

Venus Lighthouse on the other hand... Has everything that a good stage needs. IMO the best music track in the game, a sense of finality (even though it is technically the mid way point of the overarching narrative), great puzzles and a great set piece. I just hope they’d go beyond with regard to the stage. If it’s just the Aerie, with the exception of looking cooler, it’d be no different than the new Breath of the Wild stage. I’d like the Venus Lighthouse stage take us through portions of the Lighthouse before reaching the Aerie. There’s so much more to work with than Sol Sanctum.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I'm glad we're getting more information about the stages. This could give us some clues on who could possibly be in the game.
This could shed some light on Isaac and Geno chances, plus also if Mute City is being hold off for Black Shadow reveal, then
hopefully they'll reveal him in the next direct.

Top Bottom