• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Yeah, if we get a Golden Sun remake on the 3DS. I’m buying it. No questions asked. Haven’t touched my 3DS since Sun and Moon (which I didn’t even finish lol) but if they’re giving us Golden Sun on there, I’m getting it whether I’m playing it or not. Like ChronoBound said a few pages back, it is our duty as fans to support the series in whatever way we can. And a remake on the 3DS, dead console or not, is a golden opportunity that we ought to take. If all we have to do as fans to support our series is cough up $40 for a video game that we already love, we would all be fools not to do it.
Yeah, I don't even own a 3DS anymore and I will still gladly buy the game. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't like that the game is being made for a system on its last legs. The fact is that Camelot is still going out of their way to make it, which is hell of a lot more that could be said for the past 7 years. They're giving an opportunity for fans to show themselves, and with how widespread we are, we can't just go quiet and ignore it.

Even if they're not the most favorable of circumstances, we're still being given a chance to show that the series is still worth pursuing. Might as well be the shining example to defy the odds of a dying 3DS, right?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If we were to get a Golden sun for Switch and not Isaac for Smash, would you be mad? I honestly wouldn't lmao.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I honestly can't imagine a world where there's a new Golden Sun for Switch (or 3DS for that matter) and we don't get representation in Smash. I've wanted my Psy adepts since Brawl gawrd nabbit!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I honestly can't imagine a world where there's a new Golden Sun for Switch (or 3DS for that matter) and we don't get representation in Smash. I've wanted my Psy adepts since Brawl gawrd nabbit!
I ****ing would GDI.

Though just a little bit.
You know what, scratch what i said… what if something like isabelle happened, and we get both things? holy hell… people jumping from their seats in europe would cause a real earthquake over there, lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Metroid and GS are like...completely different franchises.

GS is handled by one developer exclusively.

The other is a franchise that is handled by multiple companies. Two of which were announce last E3 together.

*Also, just because it's a glorified remake machine, doesn't give Nintendo any ****ing reason to put it on a dying system AGAIN.*

If Nintendo only think that GS has enough brand-recognition to sell enough on the 3Ds when it could barely do that on the DS, then they are sadly mistaken.

I'm not supporting this if this does become reality.
Well you're entitled to your opinion and such but I would do anything to support the official release of Golden Sun and do what I can to help keep it afloat. I don't want another decade of nothing.

Like I said, I don't believe a remake on the 3DS is a death sentence for the franchise. It still gets the franchise out there in the eyes of fans not aware of GS. And naturally as I said before, lead to a Switch entry if said title isn't announced alongside said 3DS remake.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Hey Icarus. You can waste your money on it if you want. It's not gonna change the facts that Nintendo should've learned from last time.

And if they weren't willing to give Golden sun a proper chance to be relevant in the real world again, On the switch.

Then I don't have much confidence in this franchise surviving.

The golden sun also had the same mentality with Dark Dawn.

Yet 8 years later, and we're still waiting for Isaac in Smash. Even when it wasn't released the same year as Xenoblade.
Our efforts are getting more attention and notoriety from outsiders nowadays and this 3DS release could very well be a remake of the two best GS games rather than another mixed reception title like DD. To simply give up on it and not buy it before it even gets a chance out there would only help in leading it down to the very doom that you're fearing.

I think everyone here would prefer a Switch release. I understand why you'd be disappointed, but again, we've got to go full throttle on every opportunity we get... and we haven't gotten many to begin with.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well you're entitled to your opinion and such but I would do anything to support the official release of Golden Sun and do what I can to help keep it afloat. I don't want another decade of nothing.

Like I said, I don't believe a remake on the 3DS is a death sentence for the franchise. It still gets the franchise out there in the eyes of fans not aware of GS. And naturally as I said before, lead to a Switch entry if said title isn't announced alongside said 3DS remake.
Again, Dark Dawn.

And as for the switch game theory...

What exactly /supports/ this idea of two games being worked on simultaneously? Camelot rarely ever releases games so close to each other.

And if it is going to be released on Switch, it's gonna be released towards its deathbed.

And the cycle continues.

On and on and on.

There's no room for growth at this point. Just late releases that do worse than expected, even when it wasn't given a good chance inn the first place.

Our efforts are getting more attention and notoriety from outsiders nowadays and this 3DS release could very well be a remake of the two best GS games rather than another mixed reception title like DD. To simply give up on it and not buy it before it even gets a chance out there would only help in leading it down to the very doom that you're fearing.

I think everyone here would prefer a Switch release. I understand why you'd be disappointed, but again, we've got to go full throttle on every opportunity we get... and we haven't gotten many to begin with.
Golden sun is important. But I see myself not wanting to waste my money. As this will send a message to keep doing this badfiling charade.

No. It's not my duty. It's NINTENDO's duty to give Golden Sun a good release like it did the 1st 2 times.

The 3 DS park is huge and a remake would not cost to much to make. 0.5M would still makes Camelot some good money.
"Not cost much to make."

Actually, for a developer like Camelot, it costs A LOT to make or remake a RPG.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Re: GameXplain video that hinted at Golden Sun 3DS.

Can you guys give me the video and timestamp for said quote?

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
The 3 DS park is huge and a remake would not cost to much to make. 0.5M would still makes Camelot some good money.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That was a really impressive write up.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The journey to getting one's favourite character in Smash isn't exactly an easy one, a lot of obstacles will come in between, one has to just persist and not let any disappointments come in the way of the goal. We'll face some ****, but we just have to move past it.

We're the biggest fanbase who still hasn't gotten their due in Smash, we can't just give up because of one tiny setback. It's time to keep walking forward with determination, and to keep supporting our golden boy till the very end! And if a remake on 3DS comes out, I might be disappointed about the choice of the console but I will buy it 100%. Recommend it to all my friends. Hype it up on the net! Everything to make Golden Sun more popular again!

Let's go everyone, this is not the end! The Golden Sun will definitely rise again!

P.S. Is your avatar Ethlyn and Quan? Cause if it is, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. If not, it's still great, but hey I need to be sure xD
Thank you. I am appreciative of anyone that was moved by my words.

As for my avatar, yes it is. I think of them as Ethlin and Cuan in terms of spelling because that is how their names were spelled in the Thracia 776 introduction (I first played FE5 nearly ten years ago, long before localized names for all of the Japan-only FE characters happened). For the last six or five years I had my avatar of Fin holding toddler Leaf from the introduction to Thracia 776. I figured it was time for a change of pace. This piece of artwork is actually official and actually appears in the ending to Thracia 776. I thought it was quite beautiful and touching so I made it my new avatar for now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In that case I'd prefer the Masked Man from Mother 3. Much more Moveset Potential and imo more Personality.
I mean he has a Mega Man Handgun a Laser Sword and PSI Powers.

I don't want to get to spoilery but, while Porky is more of a jerky kid with inner struggles, the masked Man has much more of a backstory to him.
Think that ship has sailed. That one particular alternative costume of Lucas is back...

Anyway, am at Babi Lighthouse now. Saturnos and Menardi are assholes for killing and wounding those soldiers and scholars. Am more and more wondering what took them so long to get there? Seems like Isaac and company where ahead of them somewhere since Kalay or so. They seem to just pop up from.. somewhere. I hope a potential remake would adress this. You had a pretty good idea of where the Sol Sanctum raiders where at all the time before Mercury Lighthouse, but since crossing the Lamakhan Desert, Isaac and the G-Unit gang suposedly shouldn't really know where to go at that point, or must've lost track of Felix's group.

Just things that I notice in the first game. About the second game, I always was curious about what exactly Isaac was doing all the time up to Jupiter Lighthouse. Not battling, that's for sure. It's sort of my head canon that THAT is the exact reason Karst and Agatio beat Isaac and Ivan up.
If we were to get a Golden sun for Switch and not Isaac for Smash, would you be mad? I honestly wouldn't lmao.
No, not at all.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Think that ship has sailed. That one particular alternative costume of Lucas is back...

Anyway, am at Babi Lighthouse now. Saturnos and Menardi are ******** for killing and wounding those soldiers and scholars. Am more and more wondering what took them so long to get there? Seems like Isaac and company where ahead of them somewhere since Kalay or so. They seem to just pop up from.. somewhere. I hope a potential remake would adress this. You had a pretty good idea of where the Sol Sanctum raiders where at all the time before Mercury Lighthouse, but since crossing the Lamakhan Desert, Isaac and the G-Unit gang suposedly shouldn't really know where to go at that point, or must've lost track of Felix's group.

Just things that I notice in the first game. About the second game, I always was curious about what exactly Isaac was doing all the time up to Jupiter Lighthouse. Not battling, that's for sure. It's sort of my head canon that THAT is the exact reason Karst and Agatio beat Isaac and Ivan up.

No, not at all.
For they getting ahead, its because they just storm everything in their way, as Alex said they were bad at the puzzles so they just destroyed everything (also most of the road blocks like we having to go to the cave with the Water Statues monsters and getting a boat is because They had destroyed the roads, so they got ahead of Isaac's party) and Alex alone got almost all the Tolbi soldiers, Saturos and Menardi shouldn't have any dificulty too.

For the second game, I think they were just searching for Felix and Lemuria, and since they hadn't Piers knowlege they didn't know how to get there, and when they got notice about Babi's death they tried to go to the western sea (which they only got thanks for Felix grinding the rock)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't think we are going to get a 3ds remake, anything "NEW" is going over to the switch, anything that could keep the 3ds alive is going to that.
GS would need to be on the switch if Nintendo wants to maximize the amount of money they will be making.

The switch atm has 2 major JRPGS

Xenoblade which imo is something non anime fans might not be into. Xeno2 is a huge turn off for me.
Octopath which is a traditional JRPG with a party and brings in the older fans

GS is a bit of both.
Octo is not 100% owned by Nintendo so GS would be the traditonal JRPG

If the remakes sell well then IMO they can remake 3/4 into one game. Fix what they need to fix and have the series be 3 games.

The Seal of Alchemy ((prequel)
The Broken Seal (remakes)
Morning Moon (DD remake + GS4 with no Himi)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Anyway, am at Babi Lighthouse now. Saturnos and Menardi are ******** for killing and wounding those soldiers and scholars. Am more and more wondering what took them so long to get there? Seems like Isaac and company where ahead of them somewhere since Kalay or so. They seem to just pop up from.. somewhere. I hope a potential remake would adress this. You had a pretty good idea of where the Sol Sanctum raiders where at all the time before Mercury Lighthouse, but since crossing the Lamakhan Desert, Isaac and the G-Unit gang suposedly shouldn't really know where to go at that point, or must've lost track of Felix's group.

No, not at all.
From what I recall, isn't it Saturos and Menardi who cause the landslide at Kalay Docks, which forces the party to take the Karagol Sea route? That would put them ahead of the party easily.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't think we are going to get a 3ds remake, anything "NEW" is going over to the switch, anything that could keep the 3ds alive is going to that.
GS would need to be on the switch if Nintendo wants to maximize the amount of money they will be making.

Xenoblade which imo is something non anime fans might not be into. Xeno2 is a huge turn off for me.

GS is a bit of both.

If the remakes sell well then IMO they can remake 3/4 into one game. Fix what they need to fix and have the series be 3 games.

This makes a lot of sense.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
To that I have to say, yes. I'd be very upset. At least for myself, because I'm not a big RPG fan. My takeaway from this is that I get to play a cool swordsman protagonist that uses elemental magic, who is also an extremely deserving candidate. I mean no disrespect to Golden Sun fans for saying this. But RPGs are just not my thing honestly. I just want to support cool and deserving characters who can potentially be great additions to Smash.

On the reverse side of things though. Yeah. I'd be happy for my friends who like Golden Sun. I'd be more than happy to buy a friend a copy if it ever released another sequel. The support I have for the character extends out mostly to the fact I have nostalgia of friends who loved this series. So by extension I want to see it succeed.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
If a remaster/remake there is, I truly hope it is on switch. Just for the simple fact that it's much easier to record the game on switch ! So much more potential let's plays/streams to show the game around and make people discover it !

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
If a remaster/remake there is, I truly hope it is on switch. Just for the simple fact that it's much easier to record the game on switch ! So much more potential let's plays/streams to show the game around and make people discover it !
Plus they could have 4v4 arena online, ranked modes and such,

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Thank you. I am appreciative of anyone that was moved by my words.

As for my avatar, yes it is. I think of them as Ethlin and Cuan in terms of spelling because that is how their names were spelled in the Thracia 776 introduction (I first played FE5 nearly ten years ago, long before localized names for all of the Japan-only FE characters happened). For the last six or five years I had my avatar of Fin holding toddler Leaf from the introduction to Thracia 776. I figured it was time for a change of pace. This piece of artwork is actually official and actually appears in the ending to Thracia 776. I thought it was quite beautiful and touching so I made it my new avatar for now.
Ah I see, I guess that's how they're names were originally spelled. I only played Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4) recently and that had the Project Naga translation which used the official translated names, so I just know both of them as Ethlyn and Quan.

I still have to play Thracia 776, I quite look forward to it. Also because it has Finn as a major supporting character, one of my favourite characters from FE4. It is indeed quite a beautiful picture, thank you for sharing where it came from. Ethlyn and Quan are probably my favourite couple from the Jugdral series, and I find their story quite touching and sad. I did recognize them, but since I haven't played FE5, I wasn't quite sure so I had to confirm.

Anyways guys, what happened the past day? Is our thread back on track, and our spirits back to their golden self? I still have to catch up on the pages I missed the whole day, but might as well ask also xD

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

GS is a bit of both.

re: The Seal of Alchemy - I think Golden Sun 1+2 is basically the prequel for what they're planning. Camelot isn't really the prequel type (though it's possible) so it's better we set that expectation to "them finishing up the series after DD+GS4 with the last few games they had planned"

...or they just end the series at DD+GS4. We'd have to see.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Also I would hope with a remaster they might include a few simple additions that DD had that were actually good things about the game such as making each Djinn a tad different in appearance. Also I would hope they could clean up the dialogue sequences a little bit. I just want it to shine so that people will be drawn to the game's charm. But ultimately I would still be happy if they just left it alone and just update the graphics a little.

However, if its a total remake I want them to go all out and blow every bodies minds with new battle animations graphics the works. The only thing that I think they shouldn't mess with is signature Camelot camera angle. Its just so nostalgic.

Make it happen nintendo!!! :sadeyes:

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
re: The Seal of Alchemy - I think Golden Sun 1+2 is basically the prequel for what they're planning. Camelot isn't really the prequel type (though it's possible) so it's better we set that expectation to "them finishing up the series after DD+GS4 with the last few games they had planned"

...or they just end the series at DD+GS4. We'd have to see.
Considering the original two games were the "prelude" to the entire planned saga, I don't think they'd stop after one more new game.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Thoughts on this? I did the math, assuming the character portraits are mirrored on each side, there should be 72 slots as there's 36 per side. Counting the characters from the fighters page on the website (By portrait, not number), we've got exactly 70. Which would theoretically mean two open slots on the box for newcomers...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Considering the original two games were the "prelude" to the entire planned saga, I don't think they'd stop after one more new game.
same. they'd probably do four more games after GS4, knowing them.

Thoughts on this? I did the math, assuming the character portraits are mirrored on each side, there should be 72 slots as there's 36 per side. Counting the characters from the fighters page on the website (By portrait, not number), we've got exactly 70. Which would theoretically mean two open slots on the box for newcomers...
time to get the DLC campaign rolling.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

4 more chracters left?

Including echoes?

Yeah....Looking like a slim opportunity for Isaac.

For we're....going by this.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice

Hmm... that's interesting. Let's hope you're right. Although they could always just add another row or potentially change the amount of characters on each row to compensate for any additional newcomers. I mean 4 seems a little low considering the amount of potential echo fighters they could design.

Who knows though?:confused:

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hmm... that's interesting. Lets hope you're right. Although they could always just add another row or potentially change the amount of characters on each row to compensate for any additional newcomers. I mean 4 seems a little low considering the amount of potential echo fighters they could design.

Who knows though?:confused:
I actually said 2...

You see, there are 72 spots right now.

Going by character portraits on the website, there are 70 portraits that should be on that box (Since Miis are bunched into one spot, we can assume Pkmn Trainer is the same). Meaning there are only two slots left if this is the final version of the box.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Damn, not gonna lie that box art means things arent looking too good... but I guess they could change the art and add more spaces under? Although that means 10 more characters which is not happening...

Edit: on second thought, they could also slightly slim the width of the character portraits, so they could probably fit in a few more than 4. Maybe

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

Hmm...
I mean.
It's not impossible but I would be impressed if we don't see at least 3 new characters (1 echo)

Still hoping on Isaac here.

----

Edit: Yup, to math seems to checkout pretty cleanly with how the site layouts the characters. (Echos have their own slot, Mii's and Pokemon just use one)
Assuming only one more direct I think it's likely to see only 2 more newcomers.

Not like we can do much about it other than cross our fingers.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

Interesting find! I would be cautions with this though, Nintendo should be extra careful right now not to spoil, so maybe the portraits can be reduced to add an extra row or column. However, I find it hard to believe that we are only getting two more newcomers specially considering we may have another echo character and considering there is Dark Pit and Richter in that side of the box, echoes are meant to also count

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Smash Wii U's LE did something similar and it only had 28 characters on its box.

Let's not jump on this just yet. They have echoes on that Ultimate box and I seriously doubt that combined with uniques, there would only be two left. A final Smash direct is extremely likely for November with still so many modes to discuss, and the August Smash direct showed five characters alone.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

Maybe but I wouldn’t put too much stock into that theory. Boxart changes all the time from what was originally advertised. They most likely just wanted to get preorders going and threw something together for the pic.

TappyBat

Smash Ace

none one which would be isaac

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Also a couple random thoughts on Isaac's character design and move set how would you all feel about them adding some sort of UI display that monitors his psynergy points similar to Robins tomes. Additionally what if by luck your attacks could be modified by a Djinn say 5% of the time when you do an attack or special move the attack is amplified to do more damage and knockback. After its use however, maybe your Djinn go to standby mode and don't recover until after a certain amount of time leaving you weakened. Thoughts?

Also how would you all react if Sakarai decided to to change Isaac's appearance all together maybe shortening his hair or changing his outfit like they did Roy? I mean technically speaking Roy was Like 15 or so when he started his journey in his original game, so by that thought Isaac would be older by a couple of years.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman

Really, I think this is pretty unlikely to mean anything. Box art mockups are very easily changed and updated over time. The Smash community loves to find (and force) patterns and rules that, in the end, are essentially arbitrary. From the number of slots the site appears to have to the number of fighters having to be divisible by certain numbers to there being some specific amount of time echo characters and non echo characters take out of dev time -- it's mostly stuff that's either just a correlative but not necessarily causative pattern, or putting a lot of stock in something that's liable to quickly and easily change, or just something that can't even really begin to be guessed about.

Not to say that it's pointless to look for odd patterns, sometimes they may mean something, or sometimes they may coincidentally predict something even when in reality they had nothing to do with the outcome. But in the end most theories are based around pretty arbitrary things and aren't great predictors of tangible future events. It's fun to look for and it can be useful, but to put too much stock in these things can just lead to some frustration, imo.

Hope to see Isaac soon though, for sure! :drflip: Hope you all stay excited and well.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
none one which would be isaac
I don't want to be overly optimistic but... Why not? I mean, we know he did good in the ballot and for certain that the ballot is being taken into account and he has one of the (if not THE) largest supporting group that hasn't gotten their share yet.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Nintendo has become really good at avoiding spoilers for smash, we literally have nothing. I'm sure the famous leakers Verg and Loz don't know anything. The only true leak of info was the castlevania music the day before reveal.
Last time we got the Gematsu leak and the ESRB one but now ?
And that's why we always fail at predicting the reveals. Truth is we're clueless :drshrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom