• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
vegeben is laughing so hard right now

she's not an echo!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well...

At least another Assist Trophy got promoted, and it was to tie into the Switch Animal Crossing game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isabelle is not too exciting for me personally, but they did use her reveal to tease Animal Crossing for the Switch. A darn shame we know nothing about it, though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
No offense to Isabelle fans but that reveal dragged on for too long.

No CG trailer as well. Not hype enough to end a Direct on. But oh well.

Congrats Isabelle fans.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Honestly, thought I'd feel worse about no Isaac, but I had a smile on my face the whole time. Congrats Animal Crossing fans, and in the mean time, let's keep the faith!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Welp, I'm crying at the end of the Direct alright. Just not for the reason I expected. :crying:

Isabelle looks adorable though. I do love Animal Crossing, so a small part of me is still happy.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Well that was a very boring direct tbh ...

Also nothing in this direct seamed to be a reason for the delay ? Like no earthquakes or earth stuff ?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well that's that.

Can't say I'm not feeling disappointed.

Honestly it feels like a bad sign that we didn't get a new stage. I'm definitely worried now.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
No Isaac but we're still living. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed but this is infinitely better than outright deconfirmation.

Isabelle looks really cute. I'm not really into AC, but she looks like a nice character.
Seems like she's a very Luigified Villager (or just borrows a few animations)? (Up Special is same concept, Tree is instead an upward air Lloyd rocket)

Anyway, congrats, Isabelle fans!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The most disappointing part was the lack of a hype inducing trailer. That is not how smash characters are introduced >.<

bassem6

Smash Lord
LOL, didn't expect Isaac today but was still disappointed by that reveal. And she's a newcomer too, yikes boys. Good for the Isabelle fans, not so great for people who don't care about animal crossing. At least the direct itself was pretty cool, lots of interesting games and remasters coming out for the switch!

Last edited:

StoicSeraph

Smash Rookie
Hi StoicSeraph! Glad to see you here, love your art, it gets shared here and we all enjoy seeing your art of different smash bros characters interacting :D Welcome aboard!
I'm happy to be here too! I'm also honored ya'll enjoy my work! >w<)b
You came around! Indygnashun here, btw~
Hey there! Thank you for recommending me to this site! :D

Shucks~ Isaac wasn't the newcomer~ It's a shame but I haven't given up on Isaac just yet!

D

Deleted member

Honestly, that has to be the lamest reveal for a newcomer. It seemed more like an excuse to showcase the engine that Animal Crossing will be running on the Switch when it comes out than anything else. You know, a tech demo?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
At the very least, I've been wanting Isabelle and a new AC for ages so I'm glad they got it out of the way. That, FFVII, and Luigi's Mansion 3 were the highlights of the direct.

Well that's that.

Can't say I'm not feeling disappointed.

Honestly it feels like a bad sign that we didn't get a new stage. I'm definitely worried now.
To be fair, they only showed Isabelle and nobody was expecting a stage to come with her even if she happened to be unique like she is now. Nothing's really changed. We just keep pressing on and take solace in the fact that Isaac wasn't shown as an AT.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I was okay with Isabelle joining SMash on the condition that she be an echo, so yeah, her being unique doesn't exactly excite me or inspire confidence. Overall the direcvt definitely wasn't worth the added week wait.

I will say that getting all those FF games on the Switch is awesome. Easily the highlight of the presentation

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Now now, I wanna reign in anybody that’s upset. Stop it. Be happy for the Isabelle fans.

Well just have to wait for the next Smash Direct, yeah?

Top Bottom