• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Alright guys, since I'm streaming my reactions and I'm going live in five minutes, this will be my last post until the end of the Direct. Moreso than anything, I am hoping that today is our day and we will be victorious in our venture to get Isaac into Smash. Some of us have been at this for longer than a decade, some of us have just joined up, but we're all united in our sole desire of seeing the Golden Sun rise over Smash.

I'll see you guys on the other side, hopefully with a big 'ol smile and some hands to shake as we hopefully cross that special threshold into playable. And remember, if Isaac can't get in, at least we've got 50 Cent.

- Billy

link2702

Smash Champion
Congrats at 400 Isaac fans, once again from the geno boards good luck, I’ma head back there and hopefully we both get our wishes today.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
16k! Let's goo!

Thank you to every fanbase who's been in here spreading the love! Especially my fellow adepts! Here's to hoping we can move over to a newcomer thread in less than an hour!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Too late now, thanks though lol. Plus it's a Canadian one, I don't know if that's in your purview.

This is not something I make a habit of. Missed the Dec 2015 Smash Broadcast live due to a conflicting flight. Good thing too, otherwise I would've shelled out money to laugh my way through the Corrin reveal and just kinda stare ambivalently at Bayonetta. ;P
Oh yeah, that it out of my reach lol.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Continuing to play Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

I'm lost in Aqua Rock, trying to find the place to put the Aquarius Stone, but that means while I'm looking I'm also grinding, so it's ultimately to my benefit.

There is an enemy in Aqua Rock, the Sea Dragon.

They drop Unicorn Rings at a 1/64 Rate (1/16 if you beat them with a Mars Djinn). [Unicorn Rings heal Poison, but don't do anything else, so they're kinda useless]

So far, I've gotten three of the things from them, but I also have a full inventory.

So... (paraphrased)

"Felix got a Unicorn Ring.
However, there is no more room in your inventory for the item.
Felix threw the Unicorn Ring as far away as possible.
"

I don't think I've ever seen that before. It got a laugh out of me.
I just beat Tundaria Tower.

Tundaria Tower has the Minotaurus enemy.
<- This guy.
It has a 1/64 chance (1/16 if you kill it with a Jupiter Djinn) of dropping a Tartarus Axe.

I managed to get a Tartarus Axe to drop, and gave it to Felix. Just two battles later, I find the Treasure Chest with the Lightning Sword...

The Lightning Sword is superior to the Tartarus Axe, along with the Cloud Brand, there's no reason for Felix or Piers to use the Tartarus Axe.
*sigh*
Yeah, something about TLA is that equipment changing is fast. You are constantly updating your equipment until the end of the game save for some armor that you might get early that happens to be really good. They throw so many weapons at you with rusted stuff and forging materials that you usually don't get to see all the unique weapon unleashes. Even when I played through, Cloud Brand maybe lasted all of one dungeon after acquiring it even though it was supposed to be some legendary weapon lol.

Usually if I have to get equipment and rare drops from monsters, I use RNG manipulation. For DD I used the Darkpanther method for everything since I don't know of any RNG manipulation there, but there's a gigantic amount of equipment locked behind enemies in TLA either through actual drops or forging materials. Gotta go for 99% Megiddo Isaac/Felix!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I rather not be hyped right now since I know this is just a general Direct with perhaps a Smash-announcement in the end... yet knowing how we're all in this, it's definitely making it all creep in me too.

But like they say, these type of things truly feel more amazing when together.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Happy birthday! I guess we forgot to buy a present for you, but I'm crossing my fingers for you to get what you want out of this direct, regardless of Smash content!
Thanks CheckmateChuck CheckmateChuck ! Heh no worries man. Unless you can find a copy of Golden Sun for me lol.

I got my top two newcomers in K. Rool and Ridley. I'm hoping for Dixie, Banjo-Kazooie, and Isaac at this point. I'm just riding this ride and seeing where it goes on this hype train. Also, your avatar reminds me of Sanji.

KMDP

Smash Legend
With 9 minutes to go before the Direct, I've reached the point of the Lost Age where I can go to Lemuria.
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 9.PNG

This is what the Djinn layout looks like as of now. I'm hoping I can finagle the characters into tri-elemental classes for the end-game, hopefully the upcoming Djinn order allows this. I mean, if it doesn't play out, it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I'mma duck out for a few minutes.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Super pumped boyz!! Sadly I won’t be able to watch the direct lie and I don’t feel like being spoiled, but you bet your ass that I’m right back here as soon as possible. Regardless of what happens. I’m feeling really damn good though. Really hopin it’s our time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's to us getting lucky with Isaac this Direct. Keep it together Adepts!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Isaac gets announced I think I might cry.

I'm already feeling weird just listening to Golden Sun music in anticipation.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Alrighty, only couple more minutes!
Let's hope we got our boy in the game.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
man 150 people in this thread right now with more guests than actual users that is so sick come join us in hype guests!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Not the official stream, or you're trolling.
Yes the official stream, I'm on youtube right now. Now it's Apollo Sanctum from Dark Dawn!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnWt9QswdQ

Edit: Sorry, I just picked the first youtube link that was streaming and thought it was Nintendo youtube. Didn't know it was a youtube user streaming. But it's still cool that someone is playing it on the lead-in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom