• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was kinda thinking combination-wise making him look older in general, in such a way that he could have an alt that looks just like his DD design, but still look the same age he is in Lost Age (especially when you consider the fact that Isaac's Golden Sun 1/2 art makes him look too YOUNG). Regardless of how they go with it, I do think he'll look older, simply because, again, he looks way too young in his original GS artwork.

I much prefer Isaacs younger look, since that's the character I played as in the original Golden Sun. I don't have as strong a connection with his older version.

I guess if we get a Golden Sun 4, older Isaac might become more worthwhile as a newcomer.....but I don't think I really want two Isaacs on the roster. I think Golden Sun would be better represented with a different character after Isaac.
Eh, if anything they'd redesign Isaac in Smash to have his older appearance. We wouldn't get two Isaac's playable, it'd be Isaac in his older look. They've done that in the past with characters like Ike.

EDIT: Oh look, I started Page 400. :D

EDIT 2: Lol, I just noticed my Backloggery again and this time I realized why someone called me out on it. I just beat Mercury Lighthouse, but I entered Venus instead. And I've had it sitting like this for YEARS. I think the main reason I stopped updating Backloggery is because the entire thing went offline for a while. Yeah, I'm definitely going to fix this and start updating it again.

Last edited:

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Road to 400 before the direct, please
Edit: Welp :p sooo... Road to 401!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally right now I feel like the best case scenario for Golden Sun representation...

Isaac
Felix Echo
Matthew Alt (for Isaac, similar to Alph)
Venus Lighthouse/Golden Sun stage
Saturos & Menardi + Fusion Dragon boss (+ a spirits level based on Golden Sun, if it's some kind of adventure mode)
An assist trophy, not sure who it would be, Jenna or Garet probably.
+ a bunch of Golden Sun songs

Not expecting all of that but I think most of them are still reasonably likely (or at least in the realm of possibility) if we manage to get Isaac. (not really convinced on a Felix echo though, but we'll see....Jaidyn is predicting that after all)

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Page 400, we're coming up to post 16,000. And assuming the Smash trailer is left till the end, we'll be finding out in just an hour who the new fighter is. Scary stuff.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Personally right now I feel like the best case scenario for Golden Sun representation...

Isaac
Felix Echo
Saturos & Menardi + Fusion Dragon boss (+ a spirits level based on Golden Sun, if it's some kind of adventure mode)

Not expecting all of that but I think most of them are still reasonably likely if we manage to get Isaac. (not really convinced on a Felix echo though, but we'll see....Jaidyn is predicting that after all)
Castlevania pretty much got all that so why not Golden sun ?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Isaac
Felix Echo

Not expecting all of that but I think most of them are still reasonably likely if we manage to get Isaac. (not really convinced on a Felix echo though, but we'll see....Jaidyn is predicting that after all)
For AT I think they would go with Jenna. She's the third most important character behind Isaac and Felix and would be a more unique addition compared to Garet.

I don't know if this is true for everyone else, but they're playing Golden Sun music right now on the Direct waiting video!
Typically they don't have any music. And I certainly don't hear it now.

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
I was just thinking now that everyone has brought up a potential remake/new golden sun game. What if they played the new game trailer and then at the end he gets transported to the smash world, that would be one heck of a reveal.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Wow we made to 400 pages 30 minutes before the direct! Today I turn 28 years old and it would be a hype-inducing pleasure to see Isaac announced today. Isaac's confirmation would be a terrific birthday gift. You guys are awesome.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Wow we made to 400 pages 30 minutes before the direct! Today I turn 28 years old and it would be a hype-inducing pleasure to see Isaac announced today. Isaac's confirmation would be a terrific birthday gift. You guys are awesome.
Happy birthday! I guess we forgot to buy a present for you, but I'm crossing my fingers for you to get what you want out of this direct, regardless of Smash content!

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
For AT I think they would go with Jenna. She's the third most important character behind Isaac and Felix and would be a more unique addition compared to Garet.

Typically they don't have any music. And I certainly don't hear it now.
Whoops, my bad guys! I didn't realize I was on someone else's live stream of the event... False alarm...:facepalm:

Man, I was getting really hyped...

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Remember, if this is not Isaac night, we still keep the hype going, don't let whatever happens ruin your night

No AT, = base or DLC

The trademark should give you all hope

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
last direct I was telling my friends if K. Rool got announced Isaac was garunteed thinking that K. Rool had no chance that the ballot was a huge joke to get bayonetta, after the Direct I was shocked and didn't know what to say my confidence didn't have the ability to keep up with what was happening. Isaac could very well be the next new comer today and I can't handle it XD my hearts pounding and I've been waiting by my computer all day. Good luck guys!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
did sakurai retweet anything about the direct?we may not get anything if he didn't
Except the blog posts point towards a whole lot of post shuffling going on this week, pointing towards there being content that was meant to be revealed last week.

The chances that we're not getting Smash content are incredibly low.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm high up in the sky, paying $15 to watch this Direct live.

Better be worth it lol.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Remember, if this is not Isaac night, we still keep the hype going, don't let whatever happens ruin your night

No AT, = base or DLC

The trademark should give you all hope
Ehh after review an AT would indeed suck

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So guys - I actually talked to the very artist (StoicSeraphim) behind those cute Isaac & Waluigi-comics!

Maybe they could come here sometime~!

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
400 PAGES MY FELLOW ADEPTS, I CAN SMELL ISAAC'S REVEAL TRAILER IT'S COMING! Regardless if anyone hasn't followed the @IsaacforSmash account yet we'd really love if you do. We're going to be covering alot of things if we get anything Golden Sun related
https://twitter.com/IsaacforSmash

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
This has been such an amazing ride so far. I've gone from "Isaac still has to a chance to show up depending on how much they looked at the ballot to all of this. It's so amazing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What airline? I could of prob helped you out with cheaper Wifi
Too late now, thanks though lol. Plus it's a Canadian one, I don't know if that's in your purview.

This is not something I make a habit of. Missed the Dec 2015 Smash Broadcast live due to a conflicting flight. Good thing too, otherwise I would've shelled out money to laugh my way through the Corrin reveal and just kinda stare ambivalently at Bayonetta. ;P

Top Bottom