• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
So... if we got a character in the direct how many and who you think it could be and why?Lets play the guessing game! See if anyone wins

I think we will get 2 echos and 2 unique

For the Echos I bet on Shadow and Ken
for the Unique Isaac and either Waddle Dee or Skull Kid.

why, the echos because to close off the Third party echo speculation, show shadow so he can stop appearing in everywere and end the war with Tails fans, Ken because he is literaly a Ryu echo.

Isaac being there would play well with the AT theme I think could be, together with Lil Mac, Dark Samus and Shadow he will be shown as a upgraded to Fighter and my bet is more on Waddle Dee than Skull Kid, mainly because I want people to stop saying some people is a lock because of chairs and because I love the Waddle Dee
Well the current relationship seems to be 1 echo per 1 unique. So for now we can assume a nice safe 1 unique and 1 echo for the upcoming Direct.

The big problem we have is unlike the Smash U where there is consistent trends in Nintendo's patterns, we are 3 months away from release and only had 3 Smash segments. And they are all very different from one another (Announcement Trailer, Smash Segment and Smash Direct). 1 character, 1 character+echo and 2 characters+3 echoes.

At this point, it's anyone's guess what the next Smash news will be presented as

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Mfw no one has linked "Here comes the Sun" by the Beatles :| Unless someone has and I missed it my bad

It's perfect for Golden Sun rising again. It has indeed been a long winter, but SUN, SUN, SUN, HERE IT COMES!

Shin F.

Smash Master
THESE ARE THE SUN THEMED SONGS I'VE COLLECTED SO FAR. IF YOU GUYS HAVE MORE OR IF I'VE MISSED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW
Here comes the sun
I'm walking on Sunshine
Sunburn - Muse
Let the Sunshine in - Aquarius
I don't believe in the sun - Magnetic Fields
Sunny Afternoon - The Kings
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Set the Controls for the Heart of the sun
Heart of the Sunrise -Yes - Fragie
The Sun rises from Okami
Fleet Foxes - Sun it Rises
Beirut - A Sunday Smile
God is an Astronaut - Age of the fifth Sun
Empire of the Sun - DNA
My Education - Sunset
Island in the Sun - Weezer
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Shine on Me (Amen) - Vanessa Bell Armstrong
Sun in the Rain -Initial D
Centre of the Sun - Conjure One feat.Poe
The House of the Rising Run - The Animals
AFTER ISAAC IS HOPEFULLY CONFIRMED I'LL MAKE A STRAW-POLL TO DECIDE ON WHICH SONG WE SHOULD GO FOR IN THE VIDEO
That's a pretty hefty list, but...
I didn't know this was a real song until I looked it up to find this, lol

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I would really love a GS game about when the world was at war with alchemy before it was sealed. Play as the people who sealed it.

Idk, there is a lot to do with Golden Sun

I just want it back
That is an awesome idea.

And I know this next part had nothing to do with GS but I had that same kind of idea for the Halo games. Make one about the history of the Covenant. There is thousands of years of wars that they could have you play through. Would be a step up from what they have been doing lol.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I know what song I'm listening to if/when Isaac is revealed:

(I'd include this as a song with "sun" in the title, but I saw another video of this song with a different title, so...)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, 2 users 5 guests. I think this is the lowest I've ever seen it.

Guess people are trying to hide from leaks / taking a chill day
Oh, I'm personally hiding from leaks.

Even still, the one that had Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, and Rhythm Heaven series' icons, was my favorite.
Those are the three series that first come to mind (first party-wise) that I want in the game.

Though I really do think Excite Bike, Wars, Balloon Fight, and Panel De Pon should be in.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
His victory theme has gotta be either when he wins a battle or gets a Djinn.

Currently listening to the battle themes on loop while I'm working and I just beat Colosso and I'm on my way to the Venus Lighthouse in the first game. Hopefully I can finish it before the Direct gets aired. I'm too hyped to see who Nintendo was planning to show off.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have seena lot of movesets for Isaac- but I'll be honest, if it doesnt incorporate general psynergy, his Hand-mechanics, and djinn summoning, it wont feel like Isaac. The Djinn are his most unique aspect, along with his hands. I hope the moveset reflects this.

Though, if he were a Robin "echo" and made it, I think I would still be okay with that. Getting in at all, as they say.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I have seena lot of movesets for Isaac- but I'll be honest, if it doesnt incorporate general psynergy, his Hand-mechanics, and djinn summoning, it wont feel like Isaac. The Djinn are his most unique aspect, along with his hands. I hope the moveset reflects this.

Though, if he were a Robin "echo" and made it, I think I would still be okay with that. Getting in at all, as they say.
I was thinking about something earlier, maybe they could set up his Djinn as his standard B, if you hold it you can switch between them like Shulks manado arts. But a standard press will activate the Djinn special move. So he could have 5 or more different standard B moves.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So guys, I think at this point they are reworking the direct through. Too much information has been revealed and some had previous dates like the megaman demo. Now with the announcement of the Let's go Switch (which I guess should have been shown in the Direct) and the possible leak of an Smash version well... Nintendo is racing against the clock for those changes imo

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So guys, I think at this point they are reworking the direct through. Too many information has been revealed and some had previous dates like the megaman demo. Now with the announcement of the Let's go Switch (which I guess should have been shown in the Direct) and the possible leak of an Smash version well... Nintendo is racing against the clock for those changes imo
Oh..

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
So guys, I think at this point they are reworking the direct through. Too much information has been revealed and some had previous dates like the megaman demo. Now with the announcement of the Let's go Switch (which I guess should have been shown in the Direct) and the possible leak of an Smash version well... Nintendo is racing against the clock for those changes imo
Plz Nintendo don't modify anything about Isaac reveal ... (admitting he's in the direct)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just beat Golden Sun (will start of Lost Age... later).

Just gonna... leave this here...
Golden Sun THE ROD.PNG

That emphasis wasn't necessary, Camelot. :laugh:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
THESE ARE THE SUN THEMED SONGS I'VE COLLECTED SO FAR. IF YOU GUYS HAVE MORE OR IF I'VE MISSED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW
Here comes the sun
I'm walking on Sunshine
Sunburn - Muse
Let the Sunshine in - Aquarius
I don't believe in the sun - Magnetic Fields
Sunny Afternoon - The Kings
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Set the Controls for the Heart of the sun
Heart of the Sunrise -Yes - Fragie
The Sun rises from Okami
Fleet Foxes - Sun it Rises
Beirut - A Sunday Smile
God is an Astronaut - Age of the fifth Sun
Empire of the Sun - DNA
My Education - Sunset
Island in the Sun - Weezer
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Shine on Me (Amen) - Vanessa Bell Armstrong
Sun in the Rain -Initial D
Centre of the Sun - Conjure One feat.Poe
The House of the Rising Run - The Animals
AFTER ISAAC IS HOPEFULLY CONFIRMED I'LL MAKE A STRAW-POLL TO DECIDE ON WHICH SONG WE SHOULD GO FOR IN THE VIDEO
Aw, I told you about “Walking on the Sun” by Steve from Smash Mouth, but it isn’t there! I feel betrayed, you were like a brother to me (Anakin).

Anywho, another good song would be “The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow” from Annie

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
So... if we got a character in the direct how many and who you think it could be and why?Lets play the guessing game! See if anyone wins

I think we will get 2 echos and 2 unique

For the Echos I bet on Shadow and Ken
for the Unique Isaac and either Waddle Dee or Skull Kid.

why, the echos because to close off the Third party echo speculation, show shadow so he can stop appearing in everywere and end the war with Tails fans, Ken because he is literaly a Ryu echo.

Isaac being there would play well with the AT theme I think could be, together with Lil Mac, Dark Samus and Shadow he will be shown as a upgraded to Fighter and my bet is more on Waddle Dee than Skull Kid, mainly because I want people to stop saying some people is a lock because of chairs and because I love the Waddle Dee
4 new characters in a non-smash bros direct?

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
All this stuff going around about Isaac, I can't even open youtube without seeing him, cause he seems to be in every leak.

I didn't want to have any expectations for newcomers...but now they are here for Isaac.
Hope we can get him guys.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
4 new characters in a non-smash bros direct?
I don't think it's that unreasonable if it's including echoes.

Personally I'm expecting October to not bring many reveals, so I'm predicting September and November to bring the bulk of whatever we're getting.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Sign me in, guys!
I'd love for Isaac to be in. Though i've not completed Golden Sun and have to get back to it some day, his moveset in Super Smash Flash 2 alone completely sold me on his potential. Let's hope the sun shines for him this time!

Do you guys think the reason the direct has not yet received a new date could be due to Isaac having been planned to be revealed in it, but his tagline or a whole lot of his trailer or general moveset being deemed insensitive considering the earthquake? I do believe they would go for something along the lines of "Isaac shakes the earth", and that's certainly a no-go right now. Maybe they are currently planning to either re-do his tagline or swapping his reveal trailer out for a different character altogether and will save him for later?

Confirmation

Smash Ace
We can't really predict the # of newcomers to be released because everyone's split on whether Sakurai is trying to lower expectations when there's only like 8-10 newcomers including echoes, or whether he's gonna blow us out of the water with the traditional 16+ and is faking us out. It could be anywhere from 1-2 per month to 8/8 Direct levels of newcomers from here until release.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking we may get a Dragon Quest rep from SE. Dragon Quest has a huge legacy, so a rep from the games would work. Perhaps pulling from the most selling game they have or the one who has more relevance.

Would that stop us from getting Geno? Maybe or maybe not. I do not know how SE and Sakurai works.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Sign me in, guys!
I'd love for Isaac to be in. Though i've not completed Golden Sun and have to get back to it some day, his moveset in Super Smash Flash 2 alone completely sold me on his potential. Let's hope the sun shines for him this time!

Do you guys think the reason the direct has not yet received a new date could be due to Isaac having been planned to be revealed in it, but his tagline or a whole lot of his trailer or general moveset being deemed insensitive considering the earthquake? I do believe they would go for something along the lines of "Isaac shakes the earth", and that's certainly a no-go right now. Maybe they are currently planning to either re-do his tagline or swapping his reveal trailer out for a different character altogether and will save him for later?
This is a theory that has been floating around ever since the rumors of sensitive material on the direct started. It could be a possibility but there are many more, other games dealing with destruction or not having sensitive material and Nintendo only trying to be respectful or having into account how many people in Hokkaido would have missed the announcement do to the power shortage caused by the earthquake. Right now I think they had to edit some of the announcements specially third party information that has already been dropped

Yusa

Smash Cadet
What number do you think the base roster will end with? 75?
I think it HAS to be a number divisible by 4 due to that new Smashdown mode. Could be 80 aswell if it is playable in 8 player mode, but they didn't announce it this way and usually do if possible. Also unsure how Echoes work in Smashdown, but i'll assume they are treated as seperate fighters for all intents and purposes, so we have to subtract 2 fighters from the current official total of 67 (Squirtle and Ivysaur) and add 6 (Daisy/Lucina/DarkPit/DarkSamus/Richter/Chrom), bringing us to a whopping 71. So my prediction is:

Not counting Echoes: 76 / 5 more newcomers
With Echoes added: 80/ 5 new + 4 echoes

Top Bottom