• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Why do people think 9/11 would be an issue ? The direct and gaming in general has hardly anything to do with it unless it depicts planes crashing of some sort and I doubt it. The world doesn't freeze each time a sad anniversary happen.
I guess it is because United States usually do commemorative things on the date that could potentially restrict people seeing the direct which is one of the reasons it was delayed on the first time, a lot of people would have missed it

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If we don't get an announcement in the next hour, something odd is going on.

Nintendo is almost 100% likely to have set up some sort of schedule when they delayed the Direct, no way they're going blind. Delaying the Direct also get them a lot of attention.

If they wait more than..4 days or so, even with a leakproof Direct the attention people are giving to it will start to degrade, especially when relief efforts have completed a lot of the work needed. They need to capitalize on it, and fast.

KMDP

Smash Legend
9/11 is a sensitive day, as a NY who lost people I knew in that day it hurts. Mario Maker dropped on 9/11 so dropping games does not mean much, but hosting a stream on that day won't be view nicely. 9/11 in America is one of those days where we just morn.

Is 9/11 overplayed in the US? Yeah, but it's the day that this country froze, everything was silent.

A direct won't bold well for that day
Um...

Friendly reminder than Smash Ultimate itself is coming out on December 7th, which would be the 77th Anniversary of the Pearl Harbour attack.

Not to mention that every country has it's fair share of Terrorist Attacks, Disasters and Tragedies, and no other countries stop for them.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Why do people think 9/11 would be an issue ? The direct and gaming in general has hardly anything to do with it unless it depicts planes crashing of some sort and I doubt it. The world doesn't freeze each time a sad anniversary happen.
Advance wars got delayed for 3 yrs in JP because of 9 11.

They removed a sequence from MGS2.

So it's very possible they keep that into account.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Um...

Friendly reminder than Smash Ultimate itself is coming out on December 7th, which would be the 77th Anniversary of the Pearl Harbour attack.

Not to mention that every country has it's fair share of Terrorist Attacks, Disasters and Tragedies, and no other countries stop for them.
Like I said, a game dropping is one thing, holding a direct or live stream is another.

The whole day on TV is morbid. They say every victims name, it's just an odd day.

Releasing something is one thing, holding an event is another

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I understand of course, they might want to push it though since it has already been delayed and is messing with their schedule, idk.

And I'm sorry for your loss Pwn, I hope I didn't sound too harsh, we have quite a lot of sad anniversaries here in Paris too ...

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I thought Sakuraba was not the one who named the songs, but fans did? So Roc & Royalty, while awesome is not an official name...

Also welcome @GoldenSunIsAlive good to see Piers biceps from now on hehe
That's entirely possible. I assumed it was legitimate because the first upload I ever saw of it, the poster had no idea what the title meant until one of his commenters explained it.

And this was back when the game was new.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Here's an interesting question for you....

How will you feel if we get to Wednesday and they still haven't made a direct announcement?

Bonus question: What if they don't make a direct announcement at all next week?

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I understand of course, they might want to push it though since it has already been delayed and is messing with their schedule, idk.

And I'm sorry for your loss Pwn, I hope I didn't sound too harsh, we have quite a lot of sad anniversaries here in Paris too ...
It's a sick world with sick people, sad that these events happen.
The attacks in Paris break my heart too. Beautiful city, love going there.

Who knows, Nintendo could drop it on 9/11 but I don't see it happening. In all honesty they should just post the direct on the youtube channel

Confirmation

Smash Ace

How will you feel if we get to Wednesday and they still haven't made a direct announcement?

Bummed. Going an entire week without any news would be crazy.

Bonus: I'd think that they scrapped the Direct so they could make a new one.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Guys I found some high quality leaks.

IMG_3045.PNG
IMG_3047.PNG
[ credit to Billybae10K Billybae10K to drawing attention to this in his latest video. ]

*seriously, if they don't announce it this week, I'm going pissed that I'll already know the info about the direct already from Famitsu.*

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I just want to know if Isaac’s in. Personally, I don’t care if I hear it from leakers or not. I just need closure.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I just want to know if Isaac’s in. Personally, I don’t care if I hear it from leakers or not. I just need closure.
I want closure, but I want it done right. If he's playable, I want the suspense and pure excitement of a trailer. A Famitsu leak couldn't possibly compare.

D

Deleted member

Then I'd just dig up the Famitsu scans and use that. If he's in, it'll be so like our experiences all this time to learn through newsprint instead of a flashy video.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I want closure, but I want it done right. If he's playable, I want the suspense and pure excitement of a trailer. A Famitsu leak couldn't possibly compare.
I want it like how the fans of k Rool was hyped for his trailer.

Isaac would get snubbed if it was leaked by Famitsu. :(

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Guys I found some high quality leaks.

View attachment 162833
View attachment 162834
[ credit to Billybae10K Billybae10K to drawing attention to this in his latest video. ]

*seriously, if they don't announce it this week, I'm going pissed that I'll already know the info about the direct already from Famitsu.*
I was getting ready to roll my eyes but then I saw Tony the Tiger. That really sells it to me as the real deal. Can't wait to main him!

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I thought about it, but I do want to see his reveal trailer first.
Knowing through Famitsu would be nice, but it's definitely not the same as experiencing a reveal trailer.

Just look at how nobody cared for Ryu's trailer, when it definitely was crafted to be super hype.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I was getting ready to roll my eyes but then I saw Tony the Tiger. That really sells it to me as the real deal. Can't wait to main him!
Yeah, it looks SO real. But the thing that makes this leak less believable is the fighters being displayed by series instead of by order of when they got into smash.
: ( ( ( (

Carl would be my main.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Obviously I'd rather learn about Isaac first in a trailer....

but I'll definitely take a text leak over an image or video leak. I think Shulks announcement had less of an impact because of the video that leaked with him in it.

At least with a text leak there's still a lot that's unknown. (like what they look like or how they fight) There's still an element of mystery.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I thought about it, but I do want to see his reveal trailer first.
Knowing through Famitsu would be nice, but it's definitely not the same as experiencing a reveal trailer.

Just look at how nobody cared for Ryu's trailer, when it definitely was crafted to be super hype.
To be fair, everybody knew about Simon and his trailer was 1,000 times better than Ryu’s. If it’s an awesome trailer, the hype will happen.

Also, I just want to point out that all the Isaac haters have apparently done a 180. He’s no longer a generic anime swordsman, he’s an earth bender who is getting removed from Smash because of the earthquake. :rolleyes:

JUNIT

Smash Rookie
NNID
JUNITO42
3DS FC
2981-9021-9040
If Isaac doesn't get in AGAIN I will be karate chopping myself until I decide to buy the game. It worked last time...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh gawds, I finally caught up after 100 pages of reading. FUN suffering.

I personally think the Direct could be tomorrow or 12th. If not by 12th, I have no clue when it will happen.

Also, I like the direction this thread went in. I pledge my support for 50 Cent.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, everybody knew about Simon and his trailer was 1,000 times better than Ryu’s. If it’s an awesome trailer, the hype will happen.
Definitely not everyone, way less people than with Ryuu, plus we only had a song.

Also, I just want to point out that all the Isaac haters have apparently done a 180. He’s no longer a generic anime swordsman, he’s an earth bender who is getting removed from Smash because of the earthquake. :rolleyes:
I still don't how people can seriously believe they can remove a character haha.
(Trolls aside I've seen some people worried they might have had Isaac removed)

JUNIT

Smash Rookie
NNID
JUNITO42
3DS FC
2981-9021-9040
If it's not in the next week I'm stumped

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
At this point, if Nintendo doesn't care about Famitsu leaking, and it has Isaac, I'm going to take it. I'm tired of wondering if he's in. I want closure! K. Rool getting in didn't worry me much because the DK series is already in Smash. Golden Sun, however, is still in the air. I will still be extremely hyped for the trailer regardless because I'll be able to see how he works and see an awesome cinematic trailer too. So, it doesn't change my hype for Isaac one bit of its leaked. Just more assured.

However, it's very possible that Nintendo DID contact Famitsu to delay or change the issue. It would make a lot of sense why Nintendo don't seem that worried. Also they could be changing the Direct too. Who knows?

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I just wanna know if he's even in at this point. waiting for a trailer that might not even happen is driving me nuts. I say bring on famitsu!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's rumored to have been pushed back a full week to Thursday. And if not then, Tuesday is a good bet. However, Tuesday is 9/11 so I'm not sure if they'll want to premier a Direct on a day that's pretty somber in America.

D

Deleted member

If the devs won’t allow us to actually affect the plot with our dialogue choices, they could at least allow us to be deliciously passive-aggressive with them.

Top Bottom