• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would be could if this time Flint pops up on the Golden Sun stage and talks about fighters with Isaac
Honestly as much of a fan I am of Golden Sun, I don't really think it has anything that really lends itself that well to a codec/guidance stage feature. (especially since Golden Sun isn't voiced, so it would be kinda strange hearing Golden Sun character having fully voiced conversations with each other)

The best idea I've heard is Grunty's Rhymes if Banjo & Kazooie get in. (yeah I guess it's technically not voiced but if they can get her to do the grunting sound then it'll still work)

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Mallow could cast Psychopath if he gets in as an AT (assuming Geno). It would be a neat take on it.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Well if any leak get out, Mark me, I want any leak, even fakes, ASAP
Was thinking, wouldn't venus lighthouse be a bit towery in nature? Like it'd be like a bunch of large steps that you'd have to hop up? Seems like it'd be awkward to fight on unless they flattened the main part.
Sol Sanctum would probably be better in that regard, what with rising/lowering small platforms, a very unique look (background would be super peaceful looking, large door in the middle)
Tret's Tree could be another idea, as would either of the desert... actually most of the iconic locations would work as a stage.
Any of the lighthouses, Tret, Colosso, Karagol Boat, Sol Sanctum, That one statue thing, any of the "Rocks", Vale, Lemuria, etc.
I always imagined if they chose a lighthouse as the stage it would be set up with the center area up the stairs as a large platform, while the lower area down the side are 2 smaller side platforms. Then they could have the floating platforms leading to the entrance platform on the right, and the elevator platform on the left.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Good alternatives to Codecs and Guidances could be either Fire emblem conversations or Pokedex analysis.
I was thinking what they would do next since they did MGS and Kid Icarus.

Fire Emblem popped up as an idea for me, but now that you mention Pokedex, that is perfect. It could show each character's special moves as Pokemon moves (they only get 4) and their elemental typing. Its perfect lol, I would want a Pokedex thing too

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Honestly as much of a fan I am of Golden Sun, I don't really think it has anything that really lends itself that well to a codec/guidance stage feature. (especially since Golden Sun isn't voiced, so it would be kinda strange hearing Golden Sun character having fully voiced conversations with each other)

The best idea I've heard is Grunty's Rhymes if Banjo & Kazooie get in. (yeah I guess it's technically not voiced but if they can get her to do the grunting sound then it'll still work)

I just love his introduction trailer for SSBF. And it would be funny if flint talks with that noise he makes on GS hahahha

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The way they designed Move in SSBF is real creative, and I also like that Up B. I do think that mixing the Djinn system in Isaac's regular moveset would be kinda tricky however, I much rather see that being saved up for his Final Smash, where he first unleashes Djinn upon opponents, and then does a Summon. I also think Ragnarok could work kind of like Roy's Flare Blade and Ike's Eruption, but ranged and with super armor. Kind of like a mix between those sword neutral B's and say, C.Falcon and Ganondorf's Neutral B, but more ranged.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Good alternatives to Codecs and Guidances could be either Fire emblem conversations or Pokedex analysis.
The "Gruntys Rhymes" Idea, i've seen in the BK Thread, was the most awesome suggestion i saw yet :chuckle:

e: Diddy Kong Diddy Kong

i'd actually prefer having it like it was in the Games. a projectile falling down at a set distance.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
It's about 11:15 AM Monday Japan time right now. If they were going to announce it for Tuesday their time, I feel like they would've already..

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Does Nintendo of Americas twitter account even update on Sundays?

It's not looking too promising for a direct tomorrow.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
It's about 11:15 AM Monday Japan time right now. If they were going to announce it for Tuesday their time, I feel like they would've already..
Has any one thought about the possibility of Nintendo just straight up uploading it without a real announcement? Or maybe at least announce it a few hours earlier?

I know that didn't happen before, but we already have an unprecidented case with the delay.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I never played Banjo Kazooie but it looks fun yes. Let's add it to the list of possible Guidances.

Edit : well of course it would happen only if BK is actually in the game.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Tret was a scary dungeon. I think because you meet your first poison status there
Tret's dungeon caused my first party wipe (along with first death) during my No Djinn Swap run.

It wasn't even Tret who killed the party, it was just some random troll (it was a party of 5).
I just love his introduction trailer for SSBF. And it would be funny if flint talks with that noise he makes on GS hahahha

I am so disappointed that the SSF2 team got the GS Chat sound right but didn't go all out with the text crawl beeping.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What do you think of his voice acting in SSF2? I think he sounds too young. For me, I imagine his voice being a kin to Robin's, like regular and not too high.

Also looking at his SSF2, its a pretty unique take on his moveset. Most people mention Ragnorok, Quake, and Spire, SSF2 uses more puzzle psyenergy

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I think Tuesday is a safer bet for the direct though I am not sure if putting it on Tuesday helps Nintendo to actually beat Famitsu... And there is also the date issue since it is 9/11.
In fact I am kinda sceptic right now, I find it weird that they don't seem as worried of Famitsu as we are so maybe the news there aren't as important?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think Tuesday is a safer bet for the direct though I am not sure if putting it on Tuesday helps Nintendo to actually beat Famitsu... And there is also the date issue since it is 9/11.
In fact I am kinda sceptic right now, I find it weird that they don't seem as worried of Famitsu as we are so maybe the news there aren't as important?
If leaked news isn't important to Nintendo, then they must be high.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
If leaked news isn't important to Nintendo, then they must be high.
I know, which is why I am feeling uneasy. Like they should be trying to beat the clock on that regard unless they know for certain nothing is leaking from there

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Why do people think 9/11 would be an issue ? The direct and gaming in general has hardly anything to do with it unless it depicts planes crashing of some sort and I doubt it. The world doesn't freeze each time a sad anniversary happen.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am surprised nothing leaked, they really are on top of this.
Direct will be some time this week. I still don't think Isaac is the reason it was delayed, however, I am exited to see these line up of games. Unless it's 30 min of Xenoblade 2 talk, because last time they did that I almost fell asleep

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
My hopes here is an announcement today for a direct in the Monday's afternoon, same schedule.
It's what makes more sense I think.

(Monday Japanese announcement for Tuesday morning Direct)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oops I forgot that.

I even went to the trouble of downloading a Golden Sun font. :p
You get a 9/10.

I too have the Golden Sun font. I have many gaming fonts from that one Bingo card I made for the Smash Direct.
View attachment 162826

I had to make this. :p

Edited to add some Italic-y goodness.
I thought to myself "I'll do it myself, to make a clean version."

I then walked, in my GS Playthrough, all the way from Venus Lighthouse to Lama Temple (the long way 'round, because I thought they were at Fushin).

And then it turns out that those guys think different things after you've spoken to Hama or something.

What a shaggy dog story.

...No, I'm not going to replay the game up to Lama Temple just for a joke. :laugh:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Why do people think 9/11 would be an issue ? The direct and gaming in general has hardly anything to do with it unless it depicts planes crashing of some sort and I doubt it. The world doesn't freeze each time a sad anniversary happen.
9/11 is a sensitive day, as a NY who lost people I knew in that day it hurts. Mario Maker dropped on 9/11 so dropping games does not mean much, but hosting a stream on that day won't be view nicely. 9/11 in America is one of those days where we just morn.

Is 9/11 overplayed in the US? Yeah, but it's the day that this country froze, everything was silent.

A direct won't bold well for that day

Top Bottom