• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I gotta admit I'm scared that this direct doesn't have smash info in it. If it does I'm also scared it's a wildcard character like Dante or Excite Bike
The blog had no post on Direct day. I think something was supposed to be revealed.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I gotta admit I'm scared that this direct doesn't have smash info in it. If it does I'm also scared it's a wildcard character like Dante or Excite Bike
"Hey, it's me, Sakurai. I know I just said that we're picking new characters based on the ballot you guys filled in for who you wanted, but I think it'd be even better if we don't. Now, I know what you're thinking: "Excellent idea Sakurai, that leaves more room for Fire Emblem characters". And you'd be right! It definitely does.

Well, that's all the time I have, I hope you guys have an excellent day. See you next Direct!"

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, nintendo and ubisoft have a close relationship, I never thought of that. I can see rayman happening too then, so much competition for isaac, ugh

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Oh man, the wait for this Direct is awful. I keep hoping from Reddit to Twitter to Nintendo trying to see if something, anything got announced. This is really rough, and I really hope the Direct isn't Monday morning/afternoon, since I have school (and a really long bus ride). I was banking on Sunday, but it seems like that won't happen, so all I can do is hope, I suppose.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
My fear if a trailer plays is realizing it's not Isaac in the first five seconds.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh man, the wait for this Direct is awful. I keep hoping from Reddit to Twitter to Nintendo trying to see if something, anything got announced. This is really rough, and I really hope the Direct isn't Monday morning/afternoon, since I have school (and a really long bus ride). I was banking on Sunday, but it seems like that won't happen, so all I can do is hope, I suppose.
I ****ing hate waits like this....Especially when i know the video is already recorded.

It really sucks.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Man, Isaac or no, I'm just liking all the enthusiasm that's going on in this thread. Seems every few hours when I check there's several pages of new posts! As much as the wait for the Direct stinks, never mind the possibility of no Isaac reveal at all, seeing Golden Sun get this much love and attention is plain inspiring and I hope y'all keep it up regardless of what happens.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So does getting hit with an earthquake. Trust me Nintendo hates the situation more than you do.
Geez. You don't need to get snarky on me, lad. I already know they got hit with an earthquake. We already went over this.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The blog had no post on Direct day. I think something was supposed to be revealed.
Honestly, I doubt the Blog updates until the Dorect lands. They usually update the blog with the characters and stages featured in the Direct and they probably won't change that timeframe. Doubt we get anymore updates until the Direct goes out. Probably Tuesday if I had to guess since they like to do Directs on Tuesday and Thursday.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Geez. You don't need to get snarky on me, lad. I already know they got hit with an earthquake. We already went over this.
I am just tired of hearing people who can't be patient for a week. Yes it sucks but b******* and moaning is not doing anyone any good.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Honestly, I doubt the Blog updates until the Dorect lands. They usually update the blog with the characters and stages featured in the Direct and they probably won't change that timeframe. Doubt we get anymore updates until the Direct goes out. Probably Tuesday if I had to guess since they like to do Directs on Tuesday and Thursday.
Yeah, you're probably right. I'd say the timeline for the blog posts has been screwed with, though. Probably won't cover as many items/stages as it would otherwise (but I bet we see every fighter covered anyway).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I am just tired of hearing people who can't be patient for a week. Yes it sucks but b******* and moaning is not doing anyone any good.
Yet it doesn't make the wait any less excruciating.

And ******** over the ******** and moaning isn't much better.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Man, Isaac or no, I'm just liking all the enthusiasm that's going on in this thread. Seems every few hours when I check there's several pages of new posts! As much as the wait for the Direct stinks, never mind the possibility of no Isaac reveal at all, seeing Golden Sun get this much love and attention is plain inspiring and I hope y'all keep it up regardless of what happens.
I just wish we had some way to show this to Camelot.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It's too late now but I thought of a youtube video idea

Its gambling. If i guess a newcomer correctly I link my patreon and ppl can send me money, if I guess wrong, I send 10 dollars to charity.

Could be a series and not limited to smash, but just any sort of fighter.

Edit: sky blade, I recall Ridley and k rool fans making a mosaic or completion thanking samurai for their inclusion

I also think shenmue 3 happened because of a petition.

So maybe something like a combo of the two could show demand for some golden sun or isaac

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
At this point, I’m half expecting either the full Direct or whatever Smash trailer’s in it to leak. Like Bloody Tears, on a bigger scale.

Never put it past Ninty.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The Bats are total bros. They flock to you, asking to be your partner early on in the game. Then, they provide decent coverage with Poison and Flying moves until you love them enough to make them evolve into a reliable member of your team. Plus, their Confuse Ray/Supersonic is decent for hax when you're desperate.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of Felix I feel if we knew about echo fighters going into the ballot most Golden Sun fans would have voted for both Isaac and Felix as Isaac's echo. Its just that people only thought we could get 1 rep. If DLC echoes are a thing I hope Felix gets in (provided Isaac is in the base roster).

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Has there ever been a direct on a Monday us time?
I don't think so? I can't find any reliable way to check, other than going date by date on the Wikipedia page and checking, but a quick Google search of ""Monday" Nintendo Direct" didn't yield anything useful.

Top Bottom