• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Also, Guys I got the Lemurian ship now in TLA, alredy killed the serpent and got Sand... where I got now? Direct to Aqua rock or should I try another dungeon before?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eight years without a game, ten years without a Smash appearance, and now we can't wait another couple days for a big reveal trailer vs. some text leak in a magazine?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Eight years without a game, ten years without a Smash appearance, and now we can't wait another couple days for a big reveal trailer vs. some text leak in a magazine?
It's because of these years of waiting that we've become impatient :p

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Whether or not the next fighter gets leaked before their reveal trailer, it will not have any impact on how they will play in the finished game. Remember Shulk got leaked ahead of his reveal and now he is mained by many people. If Isaac does get leaked, I guess that will be another thing he has in common with Shulk (Blond hair, from an RPG, experienced with swords).

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Not just it! I think we have a chance that Golden Sun 1 and 2 be available thanks to the Nintendo online thing (we just know about NES games, but I don't see problem having SNES and GBA games there too) like... after Isaac reveal(if he is revealed) goes to a scene "Isaac is from a GBA era game Golden Sun, available in nintendo Switch with the Online system"

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's what happens when you're so close to something then have it taken away.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
The wise one will be revealed as a playable character.

Edit : btw how do you guys include videos in your posts ? I'm only successful in including links and pictures :drflip:

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I'm increasingly sure the direct has been pushed all the way to Thursday..
*loud, protracted groan*
I kind of expected them to do something like this. That is why anything sooner than that would surprise me. Personally, when they announced the Direct for September 6th I thought it was pretty soon. Sometimes, Nintendo will leave us without any kind of direct for months. The Smash direct was August 8th, having a standard direct less than a month later was pretty soon. Still, I want closure just as much as any other person on Smashboards.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
What if Isaac is deconfirmed as an AT on the website after the last smash direct? Not even given the dignity of a montage massacre...

D

Deleted member

I got a friend who's not interested in Isaac, largely because he doesn't believe anything hinted at refers to him.

As I said; I'd rather have had the Direct, but if we learn via Famitsu, it's not that big of a deal. We'll still celebrate it.

I hope.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I kind of expected them to do something like this. That is why anything sooner than that would surprise me. Personally, when they announced the Direct for September 6th I thought it was pretty soon. Sometimes, Nintendo will leave us without any kind of direct for months. The Smash direct was August 8th, having a standard direct less than a month later was pretty soon. Still, I want closure just as much as any other person on Smashboards.
I was also surprised how soon it was. And pleased! But the Pacific plate decided to be a a jerk and kill 30 people

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, I would want it to be live streamed so I can be surprised.

learning it through Famitsu is just LAME.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Why do people believe 9/11 would change Nintendo's plans? While I do agree it is sad what happened back then, it is an American thing, I fail to see how a Japanese company would look up the dates of various countries and if they are terrorist free...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nintendo has a reason to have had a Direct on the 6th and needs to have one ASAP - their online service starts in the last half of this month. They have not revealed when, and a lot of people are very skeptical of the service, myself included. Now I don't think any information they will give out will change that for me. I mean... We've heard pretty much the same exact things since the day they announced the service back last January. BUT they surely NEED a Direct to at least reiterate it and certainly to give a release date, and they need that ASAP.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When is Famitsu supposed to come out?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What's the chance that the direct is going to be under the original 35 minutes now?
I read someone saying (I think it was N3ON) that the Japanese direct was listed as 38 minutes.

I figure they're likely contracted to include all the third party reveals but I guess they could remove Nintendo content from the direct.

That said I feel like the reason we haven't heard about a new date for the direct yet is because they plan to stream it largely unchanged. (including whatever it is that was deemed inappropriate) So they're probably waiting for some distance between what happened and the new stream date for the direct.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Why do people believe 9/11 would change Nintendo's plans? While I do agree it is sad what happened back then, it is an American thing, I fail to see how a Japanese company would look up the dates of various countries and if they are terrorist free...
It would be very ironic if they cancelled this event because of the Hokkaido earthquake out of respect for those victims only to air it on 9/11. Would I be offended? Not really. Would I laugh at the irony? Oh yes

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
It would be very ironic if they cancelled this event because of the Hokkaido earthquake out of respect for those victims only to air it on 9/11. Would I be offended? Not really. Would I laugh at the irony? Oh yes
But the Hokkaido earthquake happened on Japan, the very same country Nintendo is located on as well, whereas 9/11 has nothing to do with them, I can see Sony respecting 9/11 since it is an American company, but not Nintendo...

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of the online service... Yeah I'm not even marginally confident that Nintendo can provide a barely acceptable service. So far it seems laughably bad. Probably won't buy it unless i absolutely have to to play smash online

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
But the Hokkaido earthquake happened on Japan, the very same country Nintendo is located on as well, whereas 9/11 has nothing to do with them, I can see Sony respecting 9/11 since it is an American company, but not Nintendo...
Sony was founded by Japanese and is HQ'd in Tokyo my dude

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
On the subject of the online service... Yeah I'm not even marginally confident that Nintendo can provide a barely acceptable service. So far it seems laughably bad. Probably won't buy it unless i absolutely have to to play smash online
I think so far it's awful. And i won't buy it.

So long splatoon 2.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Sony was founded by Japanese and is HQ'd in Tokyo my dude
Oh then my bad, but my argument stays, I don't understand why Nintendo would look up these dates for other countries. Of course if they feel the need to respect the date for American viewers then nothing is wrong with that, I would be impressed actually...

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
While I do think it is entirely possible to have a direct on 9/11, I would like to point out that they do make changes out of respect for tragedies outside of Japan. They delayed the release of Advance Wars when 9/11 happened. Just saying.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Wars

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Yeah it's pretty bad, but I'll still need the cloud storage just in case something happens. And smash online is enough to have me sold on the subscription. I hope they'll at least add snes games at some point

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I think it's not a matter of in Japan or not, the difference is 9/11 is a commemoration day of past tragedy while the earthquake just happened and is paralyzing japan in general as we speak.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I think so far it's awful. And i won't buy it.

So long splatoon 2.
Splatoon 2 will become pretty much unplayable for a lot of people. Unless we get serious sales for stuff on the eShop that isn't indie shovelware, dedicated servers for major online titles, or other basic perks, I ain't buyin' it neither bro. I'll probably just play smash at locals..

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
While I do think it is entirely possible to have a direct on 9/11, I would like to point out that they do make changes out of respect for tragedies outside of Japan. They delayed the release of Advance Wars when 9/11 happened. Just saying.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Wars
Ah I see, if Nintendo did that in the past already, then there is a high chance they will again!

Top Bottom