• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I know, but I've been saving money so I can't get a new game to distract myself. Though, since football is starting up again, I guess I've got that to watch (I've got the Ravens game on right now).
nice, i forgot theres a game today

Panic for few minutes because some kid thought it was a fun idea to trigger the fire alarm at night. :drflip:
Other than that I ate some delicious chicken.
rip

I have a couple of Light Novels and Manga pending that I haven't touched since the Smash Hype started, so theres that.
what manga?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Assuming we do get Isaac, I wonder where I will go from here... I'll likely do as the K. Rool fans, and other various threads have been doing and wish others luck on their character making the cut. I've already said my bit about how I pretty much have just about everything I could ask for. I don't really feel the need to ask for more characters.

It won't stop me from wishing though. There are always characters to want. Icing on the cake at this point for me. Not going to rub me any which way if other characters I'd like to see don't make the cut.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think the Direct is probably gonna be Tuesday now, I'm deciding on that. I just kind of think that if the Direct was gonna be tomorrow, it would have been announced already. Let's hope it really is Isaac, and all the predictions and rumors are right.

GoldenBoy01

Smash Rookie
So basically the Direct almost certainly has too be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. What do you think the most likely time is?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think the Direct is probably gonna be Tuesday now, I'm deciding on that. I just kind of think that if the Direct was gonna be tomorrow, it would have been announced already. Let's hope it really is Isaac, and all the predictions and rumors are right.
I'm hoping the 9/11 date doesn't end up causing them any sort of conflict or backlash. Though it would be extremely ironic, considering that fake leak we had earlier this month about the direct happening on that very same date.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Honestly, I'm just hoping the Direct is like an hour earlier than it was originally intended as far as time goes. Starting at 11PM for me is far more manageable than Midnight since I like to stream my reactions and streaming after midnight where I live is a pretty big nono due to potential noise complaints.

I could see it happening on Wednesday myself.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I'm hoping the 9/11 date doesn't end up causing them any sort of conflict or backlash. Though it would be extremely ironic, considering that fake leak we had earlier this month about the direct happening on that very same date.
the game's coming out on pearl harbor day. they can't hold it off forever. I mean bad things happen all the time

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
What do you think of his voice acting in SSF2? I think he sounds too young. For me, I imagine his voice being a kin to Robin's, like regular and not too high.
Yeah he does sound a bit too young in SSF2. I guess they tried casting someone similar to his Brawl voice?

If I were to cast someone, I'd cast... Griffin Burns.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
the game's coming out on pearl harbor day. they can't hold it off forever. I mean bad things happen all the time
I wasn't suggesting they hold it off. If anything, I was pulling for a Monday direct, which unfortunately doesn't look like will happen.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Actually, thinking about it, do you guys expect we'll get a blog update tonight? We normally do and given the last update was skipped, could we see this one and any future updates being skipped until the Direct?

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
so what have you all been occupying your time with during your wait for the news? (aside from jobs, school, obvious stuff like showering, etc.)
Well i looked for various jobs webpages since i recently knew that i was going to be fired because of restructuration and others secret things..(i'm kinda depressed since a few weeks) and well i have tons of games to play and mangas/animes to read/watch ^^

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Actually, thinking about it, do you guys expect we'll get a blog update tonight? We normally do and given the last update was skipped, could we see this one and any future updates being skipped until the Direct?
I think if they wanted to show something off, they probably would've done it by now.
So more likely they're just waiting until the direct shows some new things. Just like they did with Simon and King K Rool.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think it could go either way. I would think by now they've managed to work out a new posting schedule for the blog.....but I guess it's possible that if there was an echo planned to be posted on Monday that we might not get a blog post for that day either.

It's going to be interesting if we just randomly get days next week where nothing is posted. (though I don't really expect that, I think they'll have figured out a new schedule by now)

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
"Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be SUN"

Oh man, I've had this song in my head since someone someone mentioned it here a while back. Thanks, thread! :laugh:

I guess it's fitting for Isaac fans at the moment...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly I don't think it should be a problem. I'm sure some idiots will say that, but idiots always get mad at everything so there's nothing you can do there. That's just the anniversary of a tragedy, its not like it happened yesterday as others have stated.

I don't know. Its very possible they didn't have time to replace the Thursday update because it was too soon, but have since had time to reschedule a future update for tonight. Or maybe they'll just push all updates back until the Direct comes out.

The Direct alredy have a date guys? Or more nothing for now?
Nothing. No worries, we know its coming.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It also makes the reveal way way sweeter if it happens.

Chikanoko.
Just your average slice of life 4 koma heh.
Kawaii

Yeah he does sound a bit too young in SSF2. I guess they tried casting someone similar to his Brawl voice?

If I were to cast someone, I'd cast... Griffin Burns.
Oh wow, this guy is a new voice actor and has landed some good roles, good on him
Well i looked for various jobs webpages since i recently knew that i was going to be fired because of restructuration and others secret things..(i'm kinda depressed since a few weeks) and well i have tons of games to play and mangas/animes to read/watch ^^
Dude good luck with the job search, i kept an excel sheet of all the jobs i applied to until I got my current one. It was a ridiculous amount

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
julius? hmmm
"Seliph is the Scion of Light? Ha! I suppose that makes me the Scion of Darkness!"

Oh god I love his performance as Julius.

He seems pretty talented, I think he'd do a nice job as Isaac!

Sorry, I don't know his other voice works lol.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm just hoping the Direct is like an hour earlier than it was originally intended as far as time goes. Starting at 11PM for me is far more manageable than Midnight since I like to stream my reactions and streaming after midnight where I live is a pretty big nono due to potential noise complaints.

I could see it happening on Wednesday myself.
Honestly I look forward to your reactions so I do hope we get it earlier for you! I wish I could do live reacts but I am too shy ahahaha.

Regarding on what we have done this time: I have been looking for a new job as I got "fired" under the excuse of an investment happening to the company I work with and they are not paying me until they get an answer from that. So if anyone needs Designer, translator or artist/cosplayer let me know(?) sorry for the blatant self promo

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Kawaii

Oh wow, this guy is a new voice actor and has landed some good roles, good on him

Dude good luck with the job search, i kept an excel sheet of all the jobs i applied to until I got my current one. It was a ridiculous amount
Thanks dude! The worst part of this is that i recently too finally get my own flat (well a studio or a 1 room if you prefer) and now whit the job loss it's a reaé pain in the ass xD.

I did a lot of research and sen a lot of letters. For the moment all negative but i keep sending and trying. My friends told me for motivate me, that if i do have a job soon, Isaac is getting in xDD

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
"Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be SUN"

Oh man, I've had this song in my head since someone someone mentioned it here a while back. Thanks, thread! :laugh:

I guess it's fitting for Isaac fans at the moment...

That reminds me, does anyone have more sun related song suggestions? Right now I have 11 songs in the playlist.

Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Walking on Sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)
Shine (Laura Izibor)
Brighter Than The Sun (Colbie Caillat)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Sun Is Shining (Bob Marley)
Walkin On The Sun (Smash Mouth)
Sundown (Gordon Lightfoot)
If You Steal My Sunshine (Len)
Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)
Tomorrow (Annie)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
That reminds me, does anyone have more sun related song suggestions? Right now I have 11 songs in the playlist.

Shine (Laura Izibor)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Tomorrow (Annie)
huh .. do french songs count ?

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman

Shine (Laura Izibor)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Tomorrow (Annie)
Black hole sun -Sound Garden

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Shine (Laura Izibor)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Tomorrow (Annie)
Watch the Sunrise - Big Star
When the Sun Hits - Slowdive

Those are the only two I can think of right now, I’ll take a look at some albums later and see if I remember any other good ones

tveye

Smash Journeyman

Shine (Laura Izibor)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Tomorrow (Annie)
No House of the Rising Sun? It’s the thread title! XD

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Shine (Laura Izibor)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Tomorrow (Annie)
Chasing the Sun - The Wanted
Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
I'll Follow the Sun - The Beatles
Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Shine (Laura Izibor)
Ain't No Sunshine (DMX)
Tomorrow (Annie)

I found this song the other day while I was looking for some music, it's pretty good.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Just registered to say, from France that I wanted Isaac since melee. Golden Sun used to be my favourite series of all time until Xenoblade took the mantle.I voted for him and always, ALWAYS wanted him in. To be honest, I could never properly enjoy Smash games because I knew a certain representation was missing(though I was overwhelmed with joy when Shulk was leaked). Fast forward today, I am still full of hope, even more so with recent developments. I know my vote, all of our votes in the 2015 ballot weren't for nothing. The sun will rise again.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Just registered to say, from France that I wanted Isaac since melee. Golden Sun used to be my favourite series of all time until Xenoblade took the mantle.I voted for him and always, ALWAYS wanted him in. To be honest, I could never properly enjoy Smash games because I knew a certain representation was missing(though I was overwhelmed with joy when Shulk was leaked). Fast forward today, I am still full of hope, even more so with recent developments. I know my vote, all of our votes in the 2015 ballot weren't for nothing. The sun will rise again.
#VladForSmash

Top Bottom