• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well, I would want it to be live streamed so I can be surprised.

learning it through Famitsu is just LAME.
I do agree it'd be so nice to have the K. Rool reveal, unexpected, not leaked by anyone for that more genuine reaction of surprise and excitement. But if Isaac is the next reveal and we learn from Famitsu first, I think those feelings are more easily expressed in the context of NOW where we're still waiting pins and needles on a direct date.

Yet I'm sure when we do get the confirmation that Isaac's in the game, having it leaked will be something we'll get over quickly and instead replaced with sheer hype from Isaac actually making it in the game and I see discussion easily shifting to talks of his upcoming trailer and how Sakurai adapted his character for Smash vs being bummed that it was even leaked in the first place.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but if nothing substantial isn't going to change with the MAJOR online games. I'll be basically be paying $20 for what was free before.

Oh but you get NES games.

**** that.

I do agree it'd be so nice to have the K. Rool reveal, unexpected, not leaked by anyone for that more genuine reaction of surprise and excitement. But if Isaac is the next reveal and we learn from Famitsu first, I think those feelings are more easily expressed in the context of NOW where we're still waiting pins and needles on a direct date.

Yet I'm sure when we do get the confirmation that Isaac's in the game, having it leaked will be something we'll get over quickly and instead replaced with sheer hype from Isaac actually making it in the game and I see discussion easily shifting to talks of his upcoming trailer and how Sakurai adapted his character for Smash vs being bummed that it was even leaked in the first place.
I was glad that's shulk got in. But since I knew he was already in, I wasn't very hyped.

Sorrynotsorry.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, Famitsu release om the 13th, huh? Well, I doubt they'll have the direct on Thursday then. Looks like 9/11 might be the day then. Ironic. I guess it is possible for it to be on the 12th but it doesn't look like it's happening tomorrow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you guys really think there'd be bad PR to a Japanese company releasing an online video on September 11th, 2018?

It's what happens when you're so close to something then have it taken away.
The saga of Isaac in Smash...

I read someone saying (I think it was N3ON) that the Japanese direct was listed as 38 minutes.
Yeah, 38:18, though I don't have a source for it anymore.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Do you guys really think there'd be bad PR to a Japanese company releasing an online video on September 11th, 2018?

The saga of Isaac in Smash...

Yeah, 38:18, though I don't have a source for it anymore.
Bad PR? Not at all. If anything it would help keep people's minds off that tragedy but the irony is definitely there.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'm just a bit worried about the aftermath if Isaac isn't revealed in the next direct. We've been through so much fluctuation in hype and frustration lately. I stay 100% positive but I just hope you guys are fully prepared for every scenario possible.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

Such is the way with Super Smash Bros. a series known for always having lots of leaks/misinformation plague each title before release. Yeah it sucks, but it's pretty much par for the course.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I'm just a bit worried about the aftermath if Isaac isn't revealed in the next direct. We've been through so much fluctuation in hype and frustration lately. I stay 100% positive but I just hope you guys are fully prepared for every scenario possible.
Incineroar and Skull Kid were the most popular expected reveals. I only choose to expect Isaac in the sense that I just personally want him revealed and out of the way, but I can easily still see Isaac being reserved for a Smash centered direct, and being character who's roster number is in the 70's.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Same honestly. It feels like it will be Isaac, but treating him like a sure thing is dangerous. I hope sentiment doesn't take too big a hit if we don't see him this week.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bad PR? Not at all. If anything it would help keep people's minds off that tragedy but the irony is definitely there.
That's true, and not to minimize the tragedy of either, but one event happened the day before and the other seventeen years ago in a different country, so they're not totally 1:1 here.

Isaac fans are nothing if resilient, but I do hope people keep expectations in check. Keep in mind that until we see it, Isaac's presence in this Direct is nothing more than wishing and theorizing.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Guys, it's not even ironic at this point. 9/11 was over 15 years ago a respectable amount of time has passed where no one is going to bat an eye if people do things on 9/11. Unless the direct's theme is "crashing planes" there's no problem with a direct on 9/11. On the other hand, the earthquake literally happened a few days ago people lost their lives and the pain is still fresh. If insider info is correct and a few announcements could draw parallels to the tragedy then it makes sense to give time for people to grieve and focus on other priorities and give a bit of a birth for the announcements.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I just really want to see what he looks like. And the trailer too.

Have the direct be the early part of the week, Nintendo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
remember when shulk was photoshopped little mac
Pepperidge Farms remembers.
---
One thing about the Direct is that all the announcements that were "Hey, look at this game. It's available today!" have to either be scrapped, or altered.

Presumably, the Mega Man 11 Demo was one of those games.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
We should just think:

"A direct is almost certain this week"
Lets be positive~

I'm probably gonna avoid the internet (reddit and smashboards) starting Monday just to avoid leaks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One thing about the Direct is that all the announcements that were "Hey, look at this game. It's available today!" have to either be scrapped, or altered.

Presumably, the Mega Man 11 Demo was one of those games.
Well we did go forward in time since then, not backward; anything that claims to be "available today" or "available after this Direct" is still true. However they will need to change anything touted as releasing "next week", which is now now.

So wait a Thursday direct is less likely now..?
Who knows. By Thursday Famitsu will probably have leaked. They may want to get the jump before that.

However I think the Splatoon thing is people reading too much into it. That shuffling of Splatoon content was almost immediate, I doubt they had even decided on a new time yet. That was just the easiest time by which to reschedule, given that's Splatoon's regularly scheduled update.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I believe Famitsu usually leaks on Tuesday, so a Monday direct would work. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Direct was Tuesday, or even Thursday. I'm upset about it, but not particularly surprised at this point. That having been said, I will absolutely be avoiding social media like the plague come Tuesday. I don't want my most wanted character spoiled when he should have been shown completely by surprise. I still approve of the delay, but I highly disapprove of how the delay has been handled. The complete silence and zero idea of when we'll get it is frustrating, to say the least.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
If it was going to be Monday, I think they would have announced it already, unfortunately. I almost don’t want to predict Tuesday because I feel like that’d get pushed back too if I said it.

Chrono.

so what have you all been occupying your time with during your wait for the news? (aside from jobs, school, obvious stuff like showering, etc.)
Just daily life stuff.

Even though I should be finishing up Xenoblade 2 new game plus before The Golden Country.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I believe Famitsu usually leaks on Tuesday, so a Monday direct would work. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Direct was Tuesday, or even Thursday. I'm upset about it, but not particularly surprised at this point. That having been said, I will absolutely be avoiding social media like the plague come Tuesday. I don't want my most wanted character spoiled when he should have been shown completely by surprise. I still approve of the delay, but I highly disapprove of how the delay has been handled. The complete silence and zero idea of when we'll get it is frustrating, to say the least.
I agree. The radio silence is frustrating to say the least.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Just daily life stuff.

Even though I should be finishing up Xenoblade 2 new game plus before The Golden Country.
I still have to finish XBX and then I definitely want to pick that up when I get a switch

Speculating as to when the Direct will be.
do something else, it will make the time past by faster!

Showering, mostly.
Stop, you will get pruny fingers!!!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I still have to finish XBX and then I definitely want to pick that up when I get a switch

do something else, it will make the time past by faster!

Stop, you will get pruny fingers!!!
I know, but I've been saving money so I can't get a new game to distract myself. Though, since football is starting up again, I guess I've got that to watch (I've got the Ravens game on right now).

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
so what have you all been occupying your time with during your wait for the news? (aside from jobs, school, obvious stuff like showering, etc.)
Panic for few minutes because some kid thought it was a fun idea to trigger the fire alarm at night. :drflip:
Other than that I ate some delicious chicken.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Rocket league lol

Speaking of which, I want one of the cars to be playable in smash

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think the hardest part about this long wait is trying to temper expectations, for me at least. All signs have been pointing to Isaac thus far, and it will be a major bummer if it turns out the reveal wasn't for him after all.

Though the best thought process to have moving forward is that no character is deconfirmed until they are shown present in some form of stage element, hazard, boss, or assist trophy. As for how I feel right now... I feel like Isaac is pretty much 99% likely to happen. I'll hold the L if I'm wrong.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think the hardest part about this long wait is trying to temper expectations, for me at least. All signs have been pointing to Isaac thus far, and it will be a major bummer if it turns out the reveal wasn't for him after all.

Though the best thought process to have moving forward is that no character is deconfirmed until they are shown present in some form of stage element, hazard, boss, or assist trophy. As for how I feel right now... I feel like Isaac is pretty much 99% likely to happen. I'll hold the L if I'm wrong.
I agree. I think that the reveal is Isaac, which makes every day waiting for it even more painful.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Depending on the fan base, you might not even be able to count the character out then.

Here's to hoping that after this week our biggest worry will be how competitively viable he is.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Depending on the fan base, you might not even be able to count the character out then.

Here's to hoping that after this week, I'll biggest worry will be how competitively viable he is.
I'm not worried about his viability tbh. I'll play Isaac even if he is absolutely ass. All the more satisfying the victory.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*