• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I just remembered the best part about the direct announcement is that I don't owe anyone here $5

NintendoFan388

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm a huge Geno supporter, and despite never playing a Golden Sun game, I sincerely hope Isaac gets in as a fighter, because I know it will make all of you happy! Good luck tomorrow!

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
which song would you like as background music of Isaac if he gets reveal?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
If Isaac is in tomorrow my next video (after this weeks) will be how to make those duck cookies from Golden Sun.
Dressed up as cooking mama

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Y'all guests should really pull up a chair and hang out with us. We don't bite... much.
Is this what Paper Mario feels like when you have battles in TTYD?

In whole, seems like makings of history is being expected here. But it's still under 23 hours to that, no?

Yup, I'm definitely worried that, in typical Sakurai fashion, we will get some odd character that no one/few people asked for. We know the slots in Ultimate are even more limited than previous games, so seeing that happen would be very worrisome.
Hmmh. I think I'd be more okay if we got an oddball after most of the wanted newcomers have been met beforehand, such as currently on-going Big Three rallied by the Smash-community.

It'd allow most fans to receive the oddball better and also mix things up evenly to freshen the newcomer array a bit.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
which song would you like as background music of Isaac if he gets reveal?
I'd like a remixed version of his Battle Theme. It's Isaac after all and his battle theme is one of the most recognisable Golden Sun tracks out there.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
A thought, probably nothing... but,
E3: 1 big fighter reveal with Ridley.
8/8 Direct: 2 big fighter reveals with Simon and K Rool.
tomorrow: ...3 big fighter reveals? Yeah, it's not a smash dedicated direct, so probably not... but what if...
I'm probably just overhyping myself.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
So about the direct... something new about it?
It's just like every direct, leaks all over the place - up to you which ones you consider to be credible. Some people leaked Isaac, some people leaked Skull Kid, some people think we're getting both because they've been revealing hero/villain one after another so far, not counting echoes. Half of the internet is going crazy and Sakurai is probably giggling to himself as we speak. Meanwhile all over Smashboards people from different threads have been coming together to wish each other luck which is quite beautiful, honestly. I don't think I've ever seen the community quite as united as they have been since the August direct.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Banjo supporter here good luck toomarow guys ! hopefully if he gets in we can get a golden sun colletion for switch so i can try his game out !

Cassi

Smash Rookie
Hey, my goldfish works at NIntendo he said the only golden sun rep would be the one from the nursery rhyme

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Let's be real guys. This is the only Golden Sun we're getting tomorrow :p

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
Hey fellas, a lot of good vibes going around and I just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. Personally I think Isaac is a lock and its just a matter of when he's revealed.

Replica

Smash Rookie
Finally caught up with all the new posts! I might just wake up early for the direct tomorrow. Praying that Isaac gets in! (either way I'll have memes prepared)

Yuki Setsuna

Smash Rookie
Hey! Golden Sun has always meant a lot to me and seeing Isaac in smash has always been a pretty big dream. Regardless of what happens I think seeing all this support for Isaac is absolutely amazing. Here is hoping he really gets in this time (maybe with a surprise Felix echo haha) And even if he doesn't in the end, I'll never give up, you never know what could happen one day if we keep it up like this!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey! Golden Sun has always meant a lot to me and seeing Isaac in smash has always been a pretty big dream. Regardless of what happens I think seeing all this support for Isaac is absolutely amazing. Here is hoping he really gets in this time (maybe with a surprise Felix echo haha) And even if he doesn't in the end, I'll never give up, you never know what could happen one day if we keep it up like this!
Welcome to Smash World. And most of all, welcome to Vale!

You got already big guts to be a long-timer by what you just stated, so hop on right in. We'll probably seeing you for a long while.

This ride's definitely hot though - if not the most hottest in Smash-history.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ugh! Time zones always screw me over. What time would it be in the west? I think it's MST/MDT where in at.

SlyRocko

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, I just joined now but I have been watching this thread for the past week because oml I absolutely love Golden Sun and I wish for Isaac to be in Smash. With the Direct coming in about 20 hours, I'm HYPED!!!

To contribute to the hype, here is the Venus Lighthouse visualized as a Smash Bros stage and (kind of) recreated using Hammer (A map making tool for TF2 and other Valve games. I haven't done the trees or the pathways yet but because the Direct is literally tomorrow, I can't ponder on this any longer!

I hope you are all doing well :D

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Hello guys, I just joined now but I have been watching this thread for the past week because oml I absolutely love Golden Sun and I wish for Isaac to be in Smash. With the Direct coming in about 20 hours, I'm HYPED!!!

To contribute to the hype, here is the Venus Lighthouse visualized as a Smash Bros stage and (kind of) recreated using Hammer (A map making tool for TF2 and other Valve games. I haven't done the trees or the pathways yet but because the Direct is literally tomorrow, I can't ponder on this any longer!

Its actually pretty crazy how perfect Venus Light House is for Smash.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Ugh! Time zones always screw me over. What time would it be in the west? I think it's MST/MDT where in at.

Love it! Looks great!

Welcome!

Any other guest! Join! We don't bite!

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
As one of the Shantae representatives, while I never knew of Golden Sun beyond his assist trophy, I wish you guys good fortune for his arrival in Smash Ultimate. I'm intrigued to see what he can really do instead of his little Force Push thingy with his palms.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll have to be watching it during 1 AM when it's Friday 7nth at my parts.

Don't worry, it's been regular, I'm used to big announcements at midnight. I still remember watching Inkling stare at a big blazing ball of beckoning brawl while it was just me and my dim computer screen.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I'll have to be watching it during 1 AM when it's Friday 7nth at my parts.

Don't worry, it's been regular, I'm used to big announcements at midnight. I still remember watching Inkling stare at a big blazing ball of beckoning brawl while it was just me and my dim computer screen.

I will be flying at the time of the direct!
I got to ask ATC to fill me in lol

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Love the Golden Sun Series. I actually voted for Felix in the ballot, but hope Isaac gets in for you guys. I would have voted Skull Kid but at the time he had already been confirmed as an AT.

Best of luck for either Isaac or Skull Kid!!

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I've been kinda quiet, just been typing up moveset/song idea stuff for the past few days so my text box was filled, you can look at it later.

In my opinion, I don't think we're getting Isaac tomorrow, 35 minutes seems too short and I feel that if we get any character, it will be Skull Kid. However, I think there is a really good chance that a Smash direct will be announced at the very end, and I think we will see Isaac in there.

I know a lot of people think that we're stretching with the Rathalos tweet, but think about it. We've managed to connect basically every single element of that photo to something in Golden Sun. If you think that it's a Monster Hunter reference, try to list some reasons why, because you have to admit, it feels a lot more like stretching than calling it a Golden Sun reference, where after realizing the "Mars" thing with Marth, everything is seemingly falling right into place.

You can read the random stuff I kind of thought up these past few days in the spoiler below, just some wants and stuff.
Can't contain my excitement for the potential Golden Sun representation in Smash, so I'm gonna dump a ton of stuff here.

I've wanted to try making a moveset for a long time, and while it's not perfect, I tried to implement as much Venus Psynergy as I could to show how wrong people are when they think Isaac is another generic sword-wielder. Even though he will probably use a sword in some scenarios, Marth, Ike, Roy, and Shulk use their sword in almost all their attacks, and he would use his sword even less than Link and Meta Knight, two characters who have several options besides using their swords. I also wouldn't mind if Sakurai decided to make up some earth-based attacks that aren't in Golden Sun to implement in some of Isaac's non-special moves.
Jab: Odyssey - Kind of a stretch, and it will be much weaker than in GS, so it will be more of a nod to the ability. Basically after two sword slashes it could impale the foe like how it does in the game with two glowing swords, and the finisher will be a giant glowing sword that strikes through.
Side Smash: Force - It would look a bit like Bayonetta's side smash, except with the GS hand thingy.
Up Smash: Gaia - Sends boulders flying up into the air, the longer you charge the more boulders there will be.
Down Smash: Pound - Similar to Bayonetta's down smash, but could have a burying effect like Villager's.
Grab: Growth - Catch could also work here, but I decided to put the hand stuff in other parts of the moveset. This would basically entangle the enemy in vines.
Pummel: Thorn - Pierces the entangled enemy with thorns. I have no idea how the throws would work, so in this way Catch may be preferable.
Dair: Spire - Similar to Mega Man's down air attack, having a spiking effect when hitting an enemy, but it will disappear after dropping a certain distance.
B: Ragnarok - This could either be chargeable like Roy's Flare Blade or a quick neutral attack like Cloud's, though it will probably be close to mid ranged. Sends a magic sword from the sky down, which will stun enemies temporarily before launching them.
Side B: Move - Functioning similarly like his assist trophy in Brawl (I thought it was cool), but probably nerf it a little so the range is reduced, preventing cheap low-percentage KOs. I imagine it would be more for edge-guarding.
Up B: Retreat - I think this is the most logical recovery, acting like a teleport, but with no damage, making it a poor offensive tool.
Down B: Quake - Probably similar to Donkey Kong's Down Special, but it will be chargeable instead of using repeated button presses, meant to send nearby opponents in a large area up into the air for juggling. Charging more will allow for more range, damage, and launch distance, but the attack is useless in the air.
FS: Judgment - Pretty self-explanatory, sends four Djinn (even though it should be four Venus Djinn, I would prefer one of each type) flying out in front, and enemies hit will get to watch a cutscene of the world exploding and stuff.

I feel like 10-20 remixes would be a pretty good number in terms of songs, but I could see the number going up to 30 since there's so much music to pull from, so here are some of my favorites that I think would sound good in while playing as Isaac in Venus Lighthouse. I only included songs from the first two games since those are the only two I've played, but since the Overworld theme from Dark Dawn got ported into Smash 4, I don't see why they can't just carry over more songs from DD into Smash without having to make a completely new remix.
- Bring back the Smash remix of Doom Dragon/Felix Battle, that's the song that made me check out GS in the first place
- Main Theme
- Isaac Battle Theme
- Sol Sanctum
- Jenna Battle Theme
- SATUROS BATTLE THEME (In my opinion, this would sound amazing in a reveal trailer for Isaac)
- Saturos/Menardi Battle Theme
- Fusion Dragon
- World Map Themes (First and third are my favorites)
- Karagol Sea Theme
- Collosso Battle Theme
- Air's Rock
- Gaia Rock
- Aqua Rock
- Magma Rock
- Briggs Battle Theme
- Mercury Lighthouse
- VENUS LIGHTHOUSE (If we get the stage, there's a pretty good chance we will get this :) )
- Credits Theme
- Mars Lighthouse

Top Bottom