• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If a Pokémon isn't revealed for any of the directs, I guess that's another fan rule down the drain.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If a Pokémon isn't revealed for any of the directs, I guess that's another fan rule down the drain.
I think this will also bank on Verge being wrong since he did leak there being a Pokemon that wasn't one of Mimikyu, Decidueye, and Lycanroc.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
It would be weird not having a new pokémon in the base roster, since smash 4 we got pokémon oras, SM, USUM and pokken, and mobile games, it would be weird

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
I think he meant the rule of a new Pokemon every game
I don't think that as much of a "fan rule" as a reality. There's new Pokemon being made in between all the Smash games, and the Pokemon games are always massively popular. We've had a new Generation, new games upcoming, and the game was being made during the Pokemon GO craze. Under just about any metric, it doesn't make much sense not to include a new Pokemon. We know from Smash 4 that Sakurai saved a spot for a new Pokemon even before X and Y were out.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So far Little Mac and Dark Samus are the only AT who make the jump to being playable. In the pokémon side, Charizard is the only one who was a pokémon in the pokeball item who become playable.

I would love if that happens again cofcofGardevoircofcod

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I am on the camp that even if there's a Direct tomorrow, it'll reveal the new Pokémon (please let it be Buzzwole or Necrozma), since that is one of those obvious inclusions they have to do at some point. Since it'd be a general Direct, it'd make sense to reveal a more "mainstream" character, so to speak, while saving Isaac for the eventual Smash Direct.
I'm going to laugh so hard if the new Pokemon is actually Gullabyl

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The longer we go without a Pokémon, the more I think we’re not getting one. The series may be big, but it already has a huge amount of playable characters, and any more would just be filling a quota. Heck, the focus on Ballot requests should also hurt the potential for a new Pokémon. They weren’t the most popular choices, their votes were split amongst hundreds of characters (even with a few stand outs like Sceptile that had groups pushing for them), and half of the reasoning was either picking which we’d get on the assumption we’d get one, or asking for a grass type to complete the trio (which the return of Pokémon Trainer already did).

Aside from “we’ve always had a new Pokémon each game”, what reason is there to include one? And which Pokémon would bring as much hype as the current newcomers?
The main reason I think we're getting a Pokemon newcomer is because Vergeben said we were.

It doesn't hurt that Pokemon is a big franchise for Nintendo.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
All we can do is wait guys.

We don't even know if this direct tomorrow is supposed to be real.

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Xeno is right. As I pointed out while the trend Nintendo has for September indicates either today or tomorrow, it can also indicate next week's wednesday and thursday. Don't get so sure everyone that it is happening this week.

It might be or it might not. All we can do is wait

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

You're right. I don't know how I survived the smash 4 era, maybe because I was in collage and had other things to sorry about, but if I think about it was even more time without info than now

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
TGS is in about two weeks as well. They could announce something there as well. Either way get hype guys cuz Isaac is coming!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
holy **** we have almost 100 guests… we got an audience bois, lol
They all wanted to bask in the sun so they can get their tan on lol.

On a side note a just thought of 2 awesome intros.
1. Yoshi, Peach, and Rosalina beat Master Hand...suddenly he disappears and Yoshi gets hit from behind by another hand. It zooms back and Peach and Rosalina see Isaac controlling it. It zooms in and "Isaac- always been the master!"
2. Same thing except Yoshi suddenly gets bashed around by a bunch of Earth synergy moves and when it zooms in "Isaac- rocks you like a hurricane" lol

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
If the direct does drop tomorrow, just please be optimistic.
I expect great things from this game, just don't know if tomorrow is Isaac time.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
sakurai breaks his own rules all the time, im not even sure if there are any patterns aside from "all characters must have a vowel"
If there was popular character with no vowels in their name I don't think that would stop them getting into Smash.

It would just give Xander a headache trying to pronounce it. :p

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If the direct does drop tomorrow, just please be optimistic.
I expect great things from this game, just don't know if tomorrow is Isaac time.
Well, all we can do is hope. I hope he does get announced soon, as the thread needs some form of closure.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Well, all we can do is hope. I hope he does get announced soon, as the thread needs some form of closure.
I agree, I just want to know Isaac fate, is he an AT? Is he a fighter?

If he is an AT it will hurt, but at least he is back in some way, enough buzz can maybe remake GS for the switch.

At the end of the day, I just want to know his fate

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Nintendo Direct Confirmed!

I can't wait for the confirmation of Isaac!

They're also going to announce F-Zero Switch, Golden Sun 4, Custom Robo Switch, Paper Mario 3, Advance Wars 3DS, Warioland 4, Animal Crossing Switch, and Kirby Air Ride 2! :D

*sob*

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind to hype responsibly. The 4chan leak itself could have very well still just have been a lucky guess. And should it really come true, remember to not be sore winners. Let's try and calm down as much as possible until it actually happens.

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
anyone wanna hit me up with a link to all the leaks that guessed the nintendo direct date correctly?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Keep in mind to hype responsibly. The 4chan leak itself could have very well still just have been a lucky guess. And should it really come true, remember to not be sore winners. Let's try and calm down as much as possible until it actually happens.
Check a bunch of leaks.

None of em got the time right nor the length of the direct right.
We could be getting a leak today though, maybe

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I am flipping the f*** out right now. I couldn't care less about the Direct but rather than what it means to me. I've been able to statistically prove the months Nintendo Directs have been in for a while now.

But I put my chips on the table in hopes I could figure out the dates too and I got it right. I can finally start predicting the dates of Nintendo Directs! :D

EDIT: Here's my proof https://twitter.com/Grandpa_Pixel/status/1036617112331214849

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Sry to ask but it is difficult to keep up with everything.
So was there a leak who guessed this direct and also said it has Isaac in it?

Top Bottom