• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I mean, if what was being said earlier about not being able to edit post after two minutes is true, there maybe a SMALL, and I want to emphasize small, chance that this has some merit to it.

We have 50 Guest in here.

Only time we have a large amount of guest is when Isaac is on a fake leak or people are talking about Isaac.
The leak is making it's rounds

it's 100% fake

Don't be baited so we don't become some losers laughing stock

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Has anyone translated these posts yet, so we know what they're saying?
The OP says he has sources that gave him info, of which Simon, Richter, Ken, Chrom, Black Shadow, Isaac, and K. Rool are playable. Concerning modes, event modes and boss battles (of which Dracula and Giygas are bosses) are returning. Also there's the possibility of fighting on multiple stages (presumably stage morph).

Then the first two replies are people who (rudely) don't believe him.

The third, which is dated to today, is someone saying 'wait, this guy was actually right'. With a bit more swearing.

However, that link isn't working for me.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Only time we have a large amount of guest is when Isaac is on a fake leak or people are talking about Isaac.

it's 100% fake

Oh for peak sake

The real problem with the leak is lack of Dark Samus on it. (Not enough proof)

And b how do you fight gigyas?

(Warning don’t play it if you get scared for life and haven’t seen it yet)

I don’t see any physical form of that boss

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I do support Isaac no question about that

It there’s one real problem on this leak

I don’t see Dark Samus on the leak
I don't think not having every character is really a reason to discredit a leak.

If it was nobody would believe Vergeben anymore since he never predicted King. K. Rool or Richter.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

it's 100% fake

I agree that this is almost certainly fake, just wanted to say that there is a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of it being true.

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
The leak never said that those are all the newcomers, they literally say "Here's what I have so far"

However, I still think it's fake because no one ever brought up this leak until now, which is definitely fishy.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
That's Giegue. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be Giygas.
In the story of Mother 1, Giegue was defeated by Ninten and his friends due to the Eight Melodies they sang.
Which caused some grief in him because it reminds him of his adoptive mother Mary (who is also Ninten's great grandmother).
So Giegue fled and end up turning into a manifestation of evil as we know as "Giygas."

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Deleted threads that are magically resurfaced are not proof.

If this was a big leak people would of talked about it.

Leaks from all diffrent counties pop up on 4chan and other sites.

It's 100% fake, move along

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is the link in that pic working for anyone? Just gives me an error message.

Edit: Oh it's down... but someone grabbed a screenshot and sat on it? Uhh...

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I do support Isaac no question about that

It there’s one real problem on this leak

I don’t see Dark Samus on the leak
I mean, that's not the real problem with the leak so much as it's everything else like why it's just coming to the surface right now? The Direct was August 8th and someone just roamed around and found this thread with all true info? Not to mention it's text leaking. Just because they don't mention Dark Samus pales in comparison that they predicted Simon AND Richter, K. Rool, Dracula as a boss and stage transitions? Not knowing Dark Samus is really trivial in light of all of that.

I still think it's fake of course. Today's technology can effectively do anything it wants.

By the way, if anyone wanted to know what the other posters said it's French for 'meh' and the poster for Sept. 3 was "Wait, [Any cuss] but this guy was right in fact".

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I like the beginning sentence "Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch." Honestly I think it may as well have said: "Hey bros, a time machine appeared in my house last night then Masahiro Sakurai came out and gave me some info about Smash."

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
The OP says he has sources that gave him info, of which Simon, Richter, Ken, Chrom, Black Shadow, Isaac, and K. Rool are playable. Concerning modes, event modes and boss battles (of which Dracula and Giygas are bosses) are returning. Also there's the possibility of fighting on multiple stages (presumably stage morph).

Then the first two replies are people who (rudely) don't believe him.

The third, which is dated to today, is someone saying 'wait, this guy was actually right'. With a bit more swearing.

However, that link isn't working for me.
Is the link in that pic working for anyone? Just gives me an error message.
Which link specifically? The thread in question was taken down altogether so it doesn't exist anymore. This was a screenshot someone had taken before it was. Like I said, you can take it for what it is. Unless there's another link you need us to access?

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
"
Did some digging and the three members besides LaPailleDor exist. LampeDynamo, the one who posted today, was last active today.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/profil/baxel01?mode=infos
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/profil/pokemontrololo?mode=infos
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/profil/lampedynamo?mode=infos

This could very well be real."

3 users, It's prob a bunch of friends working together to troll.

Don't be a laughing stock and move on. This leak is fake
You have no idea if its fake or not, stop acting like you know everything and let people speculate.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Also, I just can't find the thread on the website.
Most of the time, they lock the threads, they don't delete them, especially when the last message is not that old.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Which link specifically? The thread in question was taken down altogether so it doesn't exist anymore. This was a screenshot someone had taken before it was. Like I said, you can take it for what it is. Unless there's another link you need us to access?
Yeah no, someone grabbing a screenshot then presumably just sitting on it seemed so obviously fishy I thought the page would still be up. But apparently that's actually what happened. Doesn't scream legit, does it.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Last time here I was talking about the Rathalos Pic and now there's a new french leak? hahahahaah

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm calling fake. We've gotta stop giving these phony leakers the time of day.
Exactly

This is a copycat of the Japanese leak
It's a new leak everyday.

Plus it has Isaac in it, of course it's going to grab buzz

Someone found an old post inspect element to make a second screenshot for "proof" and posted it today since there was no Smash leaks

It reaks of a fake leak

QUOTE="Flarzo, post: 22371967, member: 404110"]You have no idea if its fake or not, stop acting like you know everything and let people speculate.[/QUOTE]

Lol Jesus calm down.

Also, I just can't find the thread on the website.
Most of the time, they lock the threads, they don't delete them, especially when the last message is not that old.
We have someone here who uses the website or knows how it works. Things are not adding up. I can understand that you may want Isaac but don't end up looking like a fool drooling over some fake leak someone made.

Things just don't add up

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah no, someone grabbing a screenshot then presumably just sitting on it seemed so obviously fishy I thought the page would still be up. But apparently that's actually what happened. Doesn't scream legit, does it.
Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread is saying it's legit at all. No poster so far since it broke out has said anything other than 'it's fake'. There's no way to corroborate the evidence when everything's been erased and now all we have is random internet users showing us screenshots and saying they saw it too.

It will ultimately be put into the cold locker like every other leak so far unless for some reason all of the content ends up being 100% real. And by that point it'll all be hindsight stuff. Whatever. It's Labor Day. I'm going to eat some hamburgers.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Look, guys. I know we all want Isaac, but don't let some trolls play you like a fiddle. By taking this leak seriously, you're falling into their traps. Just forget about it and wait for some real news. A Direct is bound to be coming sooner rather than later at this point.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Oh. Interesting that a french leak pops out of one of the most if not the most known french videogames website. I often go on this site but just in tha manga sections to discuss some chapters, Every time i go by the Smash topic it's just a waste of time.

Like Klimax Klimax said this site is jut full of toxicity and a real mix between 4chan and gamefaqs. There is still one user which if i remember calls himself "Anti-Isaac" with a picture of the Isaac AT with a big red X on it and is just saying everything he has to belittle Isaac and his fanbase so yeah just avoid it. Back in smash 4 era Falgor Falgor and I tried to explain to the users why Isaac is interesting and all and we just got was only mockery and troll.

But it's interesting it this leak is true because it would have guessed or speculated many thing that went correct

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
In the story of Mother 1, Giegue was defeated by Ninten and his friends due to the Eight Melodies they sang.
Which caused some grief in him because it reminds him of his adoptive mother Mary (who is also Ninten's great grandmother).
So Giegue fled and end up turning into a manifestation of evil as we know as "Giygas."
The problem with that is that that's just a theory. It wasn't confirmed from what i know.

And even it it was...Giygas and Giegue are still different forms. So Giegue would work better as a boss, as the two are still different enough to be called different names.
You have no idea if its fake or not, stop acting like you know everything and let people speculate.

I don't think that's how speculating works.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Look, guys. I know we all want Isaac, but don't let some trolls play you like a fiddle. By taking this leak seriously, you're falling into their traps. Just forget about it and wait for some real news. A Direct is bound to be coming sooner rather than later at this point.
when tho? :<

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
There's a difference between humouring a leak and full on believing it. Nobody is letting it "fool them", we're just doing what speculators do when there's an information drought. Can you blame us?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
There's a difference between humouring a leak and full on believing it. Nobody is letting it "fool them", we're just doing what speculators do when there's an information drought. Can you blame us?
I just don't want people to end up being mocked.

The best thing when it comes to leaks is take em with a grain of salt.

Some people see Isaac and jump the gun to HOLY **** HE IS IN!
Atm he is in the top running for the most requested character.
Gamefaqs hates us, apparently the french website hates us, and that Pro Ashley Anti Isaac Discord hates us.

Anyone can make a fake leak.

Things are not adding up, we have 62 guest who knows how many are anti isaac and are just collecting screenshots to laugh at us.

At this point of time, believe what you want, but it's best to take everyhting with a grain of salt

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah it's getting a bit annoying with all the people demanding we should ignore it. Just because people are discussing a leak doesn't mean they're "laughing stocks".

I haven't seen anything that makes me believe this leak yet, but I don't see the issue with discussing it either. We're not getting our hopes up over something like this.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I just don't want people to get overconfident and be disappointed if things don't go our way. I know what that's like.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread is saying it's legit at all. No poster so far since it broke out has said anything other than 'it's fake'. There's no way to corroborate the evidence when everything's been erased and now all we have is random internet users showing us screenshots and saying they saw it too.

It will ultimately be put into the cold locker like every other leak so far unless for some reason all of the content ends up being 100% real. And by that point it'll all be hindsight stuff. Whatever. It's Labor Day. I'm going to eat some hamburgers.
Right, it seems pretty questionable. Best to refrain from becoming invested, merely just keep an eye on it from a distance. But claiming things are fake before doing any due diligence to delve further into things isn't the best way to handle it either. People wanting to gather as much information as they can before coming to a conclusion is not a bad thing, it doesn't mean they actually believe the leak.

This isn't meant for anyone in particular, but I don't understand the point of people rushing us along to the next topic so we can again do what? Obsess over the Rathalos pic? Postulate how Isaac would work in Smash like we've been doing for the better part of the last two decades?

^

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just don't want people to get overconfident and be disappointed if things don't go our way. I know what that's like.
If we're getting overconfident about anything it's the Rathalos picture that Sakurai tweeted. This supposed leak doesn't even come close to that.

Give us a bit of credit, we're not stupid.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Gamefaqs hates us, apparently the french website hates us, and that Pro Ashley Anti Isaac Discord hates us.

Things are not adding up, we have 62 guest who knows how many are anti isaac and are just collecting screenshots to laugh at us.

At this point of time, believe what you want, but it's best to take everyhting with a grain of salt
I don't mean this in the wrong way, but we've already been mocked by Isaac detractors for the Rathalos pic. It's not like we don't have people like that already. Assholes will be assholes, we should ignore em and make our own choices on what we want to believe or disbelieve.

I think this leak is fake as heck, but I think everyone knows that you have to take leaks with a grain of salt. It's not something that needs to be said.

EDIT - We're all adults here (Or at the very least over 13 minimum I'd hope).

Last edited:

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
So some things I gathered based on the 4chan post:

>User was banned and thread was deleted after it got bumped
>Posts can only be edited 10 minutes after the post date
>Multiple people have posted screenshots confirming the existence of the post

Unless this is a massive bamboozle by multiple people I would say it holds some reliability.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't mean this in the wrong way, but we've already been mocked by Isaac detractors for the Rathalos pic. It's not like we don't have people like that already. ******** will be ********, we should ignore em and make our own choices on what we want to believe or disbelieve.

I think this leak is fake as heck, but I think everyone knows that you have to take leaks with a grain of salt. It's not something that needs to be said.

EDIT - We're all adults here (Or at the very least over 13 minimum I'd hope).
Yeah no I understand that, I just don't want fans who are drooling over Isaac to go crazy when they find out it's fake.

Last thing I want is Isaac fans turning into Ashley fans.

People can believe what they want but should take ALL LEAKS with a grain of salt.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
The problem with that is that that's just a theory. It wasn't confirmed from what i know.

And even it it was...Giygas and Giegue are still different forms. So Giegue would work better as a boss, as the two are still different enough to be called different names.
In the Japanese version of Mother 1 and 2, Giygas in both games are named Gyiyg, and with the Opening of Mother 2 saying "Gyiyg strikes back." There is some sort of connection between the two. As far as the theory goes, you do have a point. It's kinda speculation on what happened to Giygas between the two games.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Have we ever had this many active users & guests in this thread? Does anybody remember the numbers after the Rathalos pic blew up?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think it's up to other's to manage a person's expectations. Everyone knows there is always a risk that even the most popular characters don't make it if they want to believe 100% that their character is in that is on them. No one should go out of their way to stop them so they don't feel disappointed later.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I think is really fun to discuss leaks and picture with hidden hints hahahahaha makes the wait more pleseant (and kills time)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We lost that battle that time we spent a month going over a pic Sakurai tweeted. And no one is trying to suppress that discussion.

Sure but people here aren't saying that. There's a world of difference between buying into a leak, wanting to examine the leak, and outright dismissing the leak.

Gamefaqs hates a lot of stuff. There are also a lot of Isaac supporters over there. I can't speak to the French website, but honestly what does it matter if people we'll never interact with dislike us. And it sounds like an Anti-Isaac discord will dislike us no matter what we do.

You gotta roll with the punches, hun. Any fanbase in our position would be going through the motions to get a better understanding of a leak like this. And any fanbase this size will accrue undeserved hate, that's how things go. Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, Little Mac, Pac-Man... they've all been there.

Honestly who gives a **** if some random online laughs at you. Is it going to ruin your day? Even if and when Isaac gets deconfirmed, they'll laugh at us for a minute then get distracted by whatever content actually got shown. Whatever.

Top Bottom