• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Calling Richter & Stage Morph is a lot though, if that was actually posted in July and we're not being baited. I'd take that, definitely.

zmero_

Smash Cadet
I mean... we got Porky as a boss and people said that would never happen.

Gigyas could certainly be an "epic" boss. Would like to see all the Brawl bosses return though (including Ridley and Meta Ridley).

Only problem with Gigyas is how do you beat Gigyas? Praying or just magic straight up?
Yeah but Porky was a lot more relevant in Brawl because Mother 3 had just came out a few years before and although relevancy doesn't particularly matter, I still believe that's one of the main reasons he was even given a role in Subspace.

Then there's also the fact that Giygas is literally just a manifestation of evil basically. He isn't even a physical solid, gas or like liquid or anything basically. How would that even work?
And magic wouldn't work either unless Sakurai just bent the rules because no PSI attacks worked on him at all in the fight. It was basically a "stay alive" kind of boss.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That one dude saying its literally nothing. If its true, F-Zero gets another rep and Isaac is in. I will say that's pretty hype.
Not to mention they didn't mention Dark Samus so even if it was legit they still didn't know everything.

If there is some validity to this it sure would be interesting for someone to have predicted the stage morph feature. Though I have to wonder why is this coming up now? Almost two months after it was originally posted?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yeah but Porky was a lot more relevant in Brawl because Mother 3 had just came out a few years before and although relevancy doesn't particularly matter, I still believe that's one of the main reasons he was even given a role in Subspace.

Then there's also the fact that Giygas is literally just a manifestation of evil basically. He isn't even a physical solid, gas or like liquid or anything basically. How would that even work?
And magic wouldn't work either unless Sakurai just bent the rules because no PSI attacks worked on him at all in the fight. It was basically a "stay alive" kind of boss.

Oh wait, Giygas had a mewtwo look in the first mother

image-4.jpg

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Gigyas fits the "epic as hell boss" category that Dracula and Rathalos are under though.

That is why Gigyas makes sense. It could be like Master Core in Smash 4 on crack.

This game is crazy, so something CRAZY like Gigyas as a boss is feasible.

(not that I believe these leaks, but Gigyas as a boss makes sense)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think this is another 2ch situation. This was probably edited in retrospect to make it look like a real leak.
Someone posted in the 4chan thread that you can only edit on jeuxvideo 10 minutes after you post.

Though I think it's more likely that the person just created this "leak" and is now trying to pass it off as having been taken down by moderators or something. That sounds pretty suspect to me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Calling Richter & Stage Morph is a lot though, if that was actually posted in July and we're not being baited. I'd take that, definitely.
We don't know if the message was edited though. People claiming to call stuff like that before have gone back and edited messages.

There's always these weird factors to consider

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Well this is how I take the leak

We got 51 guest. It could be trolls trying to bait us.

The post is gone, and people are only talking about it now? We never saw this at all?

Idk, fishy to me.

Does not add up.

With all the **** we talked about in the past this is the first time we see Vlad

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I think the thing that's weird is how it's resurfaced so suddenly. Anyone remember that "leak" that made a fake domain from last January to try and trick everyone? I know it's not the exact same situation, but it's similar circumstances.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if the message was edited though. People claiming to call stuff like that before have gone back and edited messages.

There's always these weird factors to consider
Oh obviously. I don't think anybody is gullible enough to believe that right off the bat. Personally I don't really buy it, but I don't want to discount the possibility of it being real either.

zmero_

Smash Cadet
Gigyas fits the "epic as hell boss" category that Dracula and Rathalos are under though.

That is why Gigyas makes sense. It could be like Master Core in Smash 4 on crack.

This game is crazy, so something CRAZY like Gigyas as a boss is feasible.

(not that I believe these leaks, but Gigyas as a boss makes sense)
Yeah but who's to say that there's even a category like that? lmfao

I dunno. Smash Ultimate is a crazy game as of right now, but mentioning Giygas as a boss is kind of going a little over the top. High expectations. I'm not saying this is how you're thinking, but I feel like people think WAY too big after stuff like Cloud Strife being included and stuff like that.
If Giygas was going to be a boss, there's no way it would work unless there was a stage dedicated to his boss fight like this Brawl mod,
other wise I cant see how it would work accurately.

edit: and when I say a stage dedicated to it, I mean like literally just an abyss of darkess with Giygas being the entire background like in Earthbound.

even then, HOW DO YOU ATTACK HIM

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It says July not August so it's almost a full month before Richter was announced and Verge isn't exactly the standard we should be using for measuring other leaks. Not that this is in any way real, I just wanted to point those things out.
I think you can edit your comments on that website, regardless of if it was made months prior.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I think it gets mistaken that this tweet is all Isaac has going for him so if it's not specifically a GS reference that means tough luck for Isaac or something. Not exactly, before the tweet, how he did on the ballot was always the main thing. Even more so once Sakurai mentioned looking to the ballot for his roster selections this game.
The big thing that Isaac got in his favor is it seems that this time the newcomers are fan favorite picks, and we all suspect that Isaac did really well in the ballot. And we know he did well in the ballot because all the fanballots and even the suport here, but not because official sources.

That's why is importante the Rathalos picture if indeed is a reference to GS, I would be the first official reference to Isaac after he and GS were almost cut from smash 4 (except for 2 music tracks)

Anyway, is just the way I see it.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I think you can edit your comments on that website, regardless of if it was made months prior.
It probably can be edited but the person I was responding to said the date of the post was made after Richter when it was before. Again I wasn't trying to say the post was legit just pointing out the flaws that specific person brought against it.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Apparently, most of octopath was leaked on the website.

This French website is historically used for leaks
This website is also one of the most toxic video games website of Europe. This is just a french crossover between Gamefaqs and 4Chan.

I wouldn't pay attention to this to be honest, there's many fake there. And being banned for nothing is not something unusual.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
This website is also one of the most toxic video games website of Europe. This is just a french crossover between Gamefaqs and 4Chan.

I wouldn't pay attention to this to be honest.
Oh man that is something else.

Anything else you can tell us?

Is it really a place used for leaks?

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
sowhatnow.jpg

This was just uploaded on 4chan for the post in general that had been since taken down and user banned from the site. That's pretty interesting considering that at least 2 other users besides the thread creator have July 12th post dates. As far as I can tell the site only allows editing of posts 10 minutes after posting. There could be some shenaningans of course, but it's speculation, right?

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I wouldn't pay attention to this to be honest.
Oh crap. That sounds like a radioactive zone.

Personally I think Sakurai absolutely has the ability to make Giygas a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him.
Giygas having a physical form os going to look weird as ****.

zmero_

Smash Cadet
Personally I think Sakurai absolutely has the ability to make Giygas a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him.
I'm not underestimating him, I'm just saying that it just wouldn't really make sense and it's too much of a stretch. The bosses are trying to have more representation from the series according to how it seems right now. (i.e Dracula in literally every castlevania game, using moves from other games, Ratholos repping Monster Hunter) so the logical thing would be to assume that Porky is going to come back seeing how he represents both Mother 2 and 3 as the turning point/climax.

Unless they add Ninten, then, well Giygas is probably gonna be a boss.

or actually lets just reenact the entire boss fight in Smash Bros.
First you fight Porky then Giygas does a Crazy Hand and shows up to help Porky.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
View attachment 161639

This was just uploaded on 4chan for the post in general that had been since taken down and user banned from the site. That's pretty interesting considering that at least 2 other users besides the thread creator have July 12th post dates. As far as I can tell the site only allows editing of posts 10 minutes after posting. There could be some shenaningans of course, but it's speculation, right?
Has anyone translated these posts yet, so we know what they're saying?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
What the…!? I just went afk for an hour and half and this happens… But I think the only way to prove this actually existed is if some mod from that website can confirm so, right? Or is it confirmed that this isn't something pretty well edited and created?

If it existed then… damn… predicting stage morph is not lucky guess AT ALL…

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430215445 apparently 4chan translated it

Last edited:

zmero_

Smash Cadet
He already did, in the first mother game. It looks like mewtwo
Yeah but we're referring to Giygas, not Giegue.
They're the same person, yeah, but there's no way Giygas would be represented as his original form in Smash Bros without Ninten being a playable character. It would make absolutely no sense.
That's Giegue. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be Giygas.
they're the same person.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I guess it wouldn't be Giygas as a boss.....but what if it's a combination fight with Porky and Giygas? So you can't hit Giygas and you have to defeat Porky in order to win the boss fight?

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
A user earlier did it too but I'll post what we have for clarity's sake:

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Wayback doesn't save anything from Jeuxvideo for some reason.

So no wayback, no way to find the link since it's banned

100% fake

this is like that Japanese leak.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I love how that leak was apparently posted on July 12th, 07/12. Turn that around and you have the release date. That's a funny coincidence if this thing ends up being anything other than absolute bullcrap.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I think it's a fake leak

Too many guest here
A random french leak goes up then gets deleted.

Things don't add up

It's 100% fake
I mean, if what was being said earlier about not being able to edit post after two minutes is true, there maybe a SMALL, and I want to emphasize small, chance that this has some merit to it. Plus, there are a lot of unknowns considering wayback doesn't work for that particular site.

Last edited:

zmero_

Smash Cadet
I guess it wouldn't be Giygas as a boss.....but what if it's a combination fight with Porky and Giygas? So you can't hit Giygas and you have to defeat Porky in order to win the boss fight?
I guess that's a little more realistic honestly. They would have like shared HP. Kind of like Petey Piranha in Brawl where if you attacked his body, each cage that held Zelda/Peach would take damage as opposed to attacking one cage specifically.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Oh crap. That sounds like a radioactive zone.
Yeah, better avoid it. :laugh:

Oh man that is something else.

Anything else you can tell us?

Is it really a place used for leaks?
Most of the time, people are just relaying what they see on Gamefaqs, 4Chan or Twitter. This website never leaked anything related to Smash Bros. I'm not sure about the rest (maybe it happened once or twice) but I can clearly say that even if it happened, it's pretty unusual. This website is known for being full of trolls and nearly nothing else.
Also, the guy could have been banned just for posting the text, some moderators are just sick of leaks.
In my opinion, that is 100% fake

Last edited:
Top Bottom