• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow there are as many people in the thread now as during the height of the Rathalos pic. What's going on?
Everyone is here for the 50 Cent memes obv.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow there are as many people in the thread now as during the height of the Rathalos pic. What's going on?
The leaker/rumor monger loz trolling people mostly.

Also people saying the Rathalos isn't a Golden Sun reference and references the Monster Hunter World cover, which is absolutely not the case.

But most importantly 50 Cent.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh WOW, the dude from Startropics lol.
It's funny because I played that game, too... It was pretty good I guess I just didn't pay too much attention to the guy's name
The fact that Mike Jones is a very common name isn't doing anyone favors.

And it was a NA exclusive to the NES. :p

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
As much as I talk about that tweet and how it is a terrible representation of Monster Hunter, I am not totally convinced that it is a Golden Sun reference (much less an indication that Isaac is playable).
Maybe you're right and its just a coincidence, but I point out my view early, but because this reasons are why I see the resembles. I could be wrong but Ohh I hurts my mind

- The camara angle
- Link = Isaac, almost in the same pose. both blondes
- Marth = Garet, Mars (Marth's japenese name) Adept.
- Shulk = Ivan. Both blondes, both with a special weapon they have to keep, and both with the ability to see the future.
- Picture taking in the Colisseum, which looks almost identical to the Colosseum in GS

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Maybe that screenshot is the beginning of the trailer. Isaac hops in to helps those other bishies and the music starts.

Isaac - Earth
Marth - Fire
Link - Wind
Shulk - Water

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Maybe you're right and its just a coincidence, but I point out my view early, but because this reasons I why I see the resembles. I could be wrong but Ohh I hurts my mind

- The camara angle
- Link = Isaac, almost in the same pose. both blondes
- Marth = Garet, Mars (Marth's japenese name) Adept.
- Shulk = Ivan. Both blondes, both with a special weapon they have to keep, and both with the ability to see the future.
- Picture taking in the Colisseum, which looks almost identical to the Colosseum in GS
lol I didn't even mean to copy what you just posted. I posted mine right after yours.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Signs of good things to come. K.Rool's thread also always enjoyed great many people. We even thought Nintendo officials visited by the sheer number of guests. This was also more than 2 years back at least.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If it wanted to be a Monster Hunter tribute wouldn't Cloud be in the middle instead of Marth? I mean the guy on the box has a sword as big as he is and if that doesn't immediately scream use Cloud then I don't know what would.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Maybe that screenshot is the beginning of the trailer. Isaac hops in to helps those other bishies and the music starts.

Isaac - Earth
Marth - Fire
Link - Wind
Shulk - Water
And then the song September plays with all four of them dancing to it in synch

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Via the chan
1536003186466.jpg

So, let me explain. I've been going on this french site called "Jeuxvideo.com" for quite a long time now, especially the 18-25 forum, and today I saw this thread posted on July 12th, here's what it says :

Thread's name : "I leak the next Smash bros"

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

It was suddenly bumped by an user about 30 minutes ago, and surprisingly, I noticed that his sayings were accurate. The thread has been censored by the moderators, and the leaker's username has been banned. Probably because the mods don't want any problems with Nintendo.

I don't know who they are, or how they managed to get those infos, but that's pretty strange, what do you guys think?

People found the profile and saw the person was banned.

I don't believe it though.

zmero_

Smash Cadet
To be fair, Nintendo normally announces a direct a day or two before so it’s tough to know when one will be ahead of time.
Unless I've missed something, the only time they've announced Nintendo directs two days before the direct was like, never lol. Usually its about a few days up to a week....

I could be wrong, though, but I know it's not 2 days.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And then the song September plays with all four of them dancing to it in synch
I mean if we get Goku, we could always get this cover of September in Smash :awesome:

Additionally, here's a mash up of that blatant rip-off and September for those interested...

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
>Giygas

lmfao.
I mean... we got Porky as a boss and people said that would never happen.

Gigyas could certainly be an "epic" boss. Would like to see all the Brawl bosses return though (including Ridley and Meta Ridley).

Only problem with Gigyas is how do you beat Gigyas? Praying or just magic straight up?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Via the chan
View attachment 161634

So, let me explain. I've been going on this french site called "Jeuxvideo.com" for quite a long time now, especially the 18-25 forum, and today I saw this thread posted on July 12th, here's what it says :

Thread's name : "I leak the next Smash bros"

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

It was suddenly bumped by an user about 30 minutes ago, and surprisingly, I noticed that his sayings were accurate. The thread has been censored by the moderators, and the leaker's username has been banned. Probably because the mods don't want any problems with Nintendo.

I don't know who they are, or how they managed to get those infos, but that's pretty strange, what do you guys think?

People found the profile and saw the person was banned.

I don't believe it though.
Sorry man two mistakes with that

First it was made on the 12th that’s 4 days after the direct so this was after richter the least exspected echo

Second lack of geno since Vergeben mentions a second Square Enix rep

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Isaac - Earth
Marth - Fire
Link - Wind
Shulk - Water
I disagree with that listing.

Isaac - Earth
Roy - Fire
Toon Link - Wind
Corrin - Water

zmero_

Smash Cadet
How would one physically fight him tho?
I know that is what kills it for me. Unless it's like the Giygas kinda stage.
There's literally like no way you could fight him physically unless they decided to make him like Master Core or something but Earthbound characters would be the last to ever be redesigned in Smash Bros. in my opinion aside from what moves they use.
Giygas is literally not even a physical being he's just a manifestation of evil and someone who went insane.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think this is another 2ch situation. This was probably edited in retrospect to make it look like a real leak.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I think it gets mistaken that this tweet is all Isaac has going for him so if it's not specifically a GS reference that means tough luck for Isaac or something. Not exactly, before the tweet, how he did on the ballot was always the main thing. Even more so once Sakurai mentioned looking to the ballot for his roster selections this game.
THIS - We were a thread before the Rathalos pic, we are still in the exact same position as we were before the Rathalos pic because regardless of whether you think something is a reference, what matters is ballot votes, results and popularity back in 2015, not whether a picture Sakurai tweeted is of the Camelot Angle.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Sorry man two mistakes with that

First it was made on the 12th that’s 4 days after the direct so this was after richter the least exspected echo

Second lack of geno since Vergeben mentions a second Square Enix rep
It says July not August so it's almost a full month before Richter was announced and Verge isn't exactly the standard we should be using for measuring other leaks. Not that this is in any way real, I just wanted to point those things out.

Top Bottom